Wighton signs pre-contract and goes on loan to Dunfermline then moans then scores 2 (title updated)

upgotheheads

2 hours ago, spacerjoe said:

I disagree. It was, as the cliche goes 'at a nice height for the keeper'. Not taking anything away from the save, but it was still very saveable.

Teams lose shootouts because one or two players will hit a sh*t pen.

I've never in all my life ever heard a commentator or pundit say after a cup final shootout 'he's picked the wrong guys'. Ever. Even the most critical. Ever.

There is barely anything objective in these Neilson arguments any more.

Just watched again and I have to disagree with you.  It was higher than a "good height."  It was a decision by Craig to go high from the off.  If Christie had hit it along the ground, it would almost certainly gone under Gordon.  It was an outstanding save,

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• been here before

• GinRummy

• colinmaroon

Brighton Jambo
18 hours ago, OTT said:

I'm not, I'm querying why a player who we all know has confidence issues was allowed to in the first place. Wighton has not handled pressure well his entire Hearts career, on that basis alone, its baffling why our management team thought putting the cup in his hands was a good idea.

You're absolutely correct though, he deserves some degree of credit for sacking up to take one. It was brave and I'm sure plenty players shirk away in those moments. My understanding is that more wanted to take penalties than the 5 that volunteered. So Robbie could have shot him down and given it to Halkett or basically anyone else. Poster above said a manager should know his players, and anyone who's watched Wighton since he came here should agree that letting him take the decisive penalty in a cup final was extremely naïve. 

He had scored his last two penalties for us decisively and none of the others had taken any in recent times never mind scored.   He was also high in confidence at that time have not long before scored in the semi and scored a Hatrick in the league.  

There is a complete rewriting of recent history here almost solely to find yet reason another to have a pop at the manager.

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Brighton Jambo
15 hours ago, spacerjoe said:

I'd say during that run of games he looked confident. He'd scored in the match, was on a great run of form. He won't have given off any indication that he was going to shy away from it.

Why wouldn't you pick him in this situation? Form should always count more in these situations and especially if he is a 'confidence player'.

He was no doubt exactly in the right frame of mind to be that guy. He just hit a shit pen. It happens.

I totally agree with your points but he didn’t actually score in that match.  It was the semi he scored in.  

20 hours ago, spacerjoe said:

I disagree. It was, as the cliche goes 'at a nice height for the keeper'. Not taking anything away from the save, but it was still very saveable.

Teams lose shootouts because one or two players will hit a sh*t pen.

I've never in all my life ever heard a commentator or pundit say after a cup final shootout 'he's picked the wrong guys'. Ever. Even the most critical. Ever.

There is barely anything objective in these Neilson arguments any more.

It's mental the angles folk take for a Neilson bash. 

He looked like a different man in maroon than his Dundee videos showing his goals on YouTube . One of the worst players I’ve seen play for Hearts and there has been a good few obviously had an attitude problem. He even tried to shave his head and wear black boots to get his form back.

Ugly little scrotum he is lucky someone in the championship has taking a chance on him league 1 player at best! 

35 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Inevitable. 🙃

And he has inevitably scored a second!!! Great decision eh

Absolutely typical, meanwhile we're struggling to break down Greenock ****ing Morton. 

Not sure why people gave him so much abuse, he scores goals and we should have kept him until at least the end of the season.  We don't score goals, and get rid of a striker who is more than capable of scoring them. 

:seething:

Well done Craig. Pleased for him.

Dunfermline is his level and he’ll do well for them. 

He’s not going to be in the plans for next season so made sense to let him go. 

4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Absolutely typical, meanwhile we're struggling to break down Greenock ****ing Morton. 

Not sure why people gave him so much abuse, he scores goals and we should have kept him until at least the end of the season.  We don't score goals, and get rid of a striker who is more than capable of scoring them. 

:seething:

He's not good enough for Hearts, but it's a stupid decision to loan him to Dunfermline. 

Can someone please explain to me why we as a club would loan a player out to our closest rivals?

Whoever sanctioned this should be sacked, utter embarrassment. 

Just now, ramrod said:

Can someone please explain to me why we as a club would loan a player out to our closest rivals?

One swallow does not a summer make.

It's  funny AF though. 

6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

It's because we think we're strolling this and it doesn't matter. Madness.

8 minutes ago, stotty said:

He's not good enough for Hearts, but it's a stupid decision to loan him to Dunfermline. 

No, he is more than good enough for where Hearts currently are.  Probably not next season, but that's a different story. 

Look at the ****ing league we're playing in, and look at the state of today's result.  We need goals and we need to make sure we win this league, and to give away a player who has scored 10 goals this season is bizarre.   It's not like he's been replaced with anyone better. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Wighton signs pre-contract and goes on loan to Dunfermline then moans then scores 2 (title updated)
fabienleclerq
10 minutes ago, ramrod said:

It's was a bad decision especially when nandos wasn't fit, looks even worse now. 

been here before
40 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

And he has inevitably scored a second!!! Great decision eh

Stopped counting at 18 posts you've made about Dunfermline today.

Saw about 4 regarding Hearts.

7 minutes ago, tian447 said:

No, he is more than good enough for where Hearts currently are.  Probably not next season, but that's a different story. 

Look at the ****ing league we're playing in, and look at the state of today's result.  We need goals and we need to make sure we win this league, and to give away a player who has scored 10 goals this season is bizarre.   It's not like he's been replaced with anyone better. 

Hence why I said a stupid decision to loan him. Not good enough for Hearts in the medium to long term, but would've been a decent squad player for the rest of this season. He's still mince though. 

been here before
2 minutes ago, kila said:

Nice title update. Will that be maintained for every goal he scores the rest of the season? :laugh:

Wighton signs pre-contract and goes on loan to Dunfermline then moans then scores 2 Thomaso chuffed as ****(title updated)

Edited by been here before

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Stopped counting at 18 posts you've made about Dunfermline today.

Saw about 4 regarding Hearts.

What school did you go to - count again!

Just now, been here before said:

Wighton signs pre-contract and goes on loan to Dunfermline then moans then scores 2 Thomaso chuffed as ****(title updated)

Here we go again- more shite from you! 
Chuffed as **** my arse! No piss off!

been here before
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

What school did you go to - count again!

There is no way Id subject myself to that level of slavering gimpism again.

Check your own history... its all there, every dribbling syllable.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

There is no way Id subject myself to that level of slavering gimpism again.

Check your own history... its all there, every dribbling syllable.

Have we met? Did I piss in your beer? 🤔

You’d like to think this might signal “peak Budge”.

Sadly I suspect there will be much more ineptitude to come before we start moving forward again. 😞

13 minutes ago, kila said:

Some left over tension from the New Stand Thread I think

**** knows what his problem is Kila but he’s bitter about something! 🤷‍♂️

been here before
12 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

**** knows what his problem is Kila but he’s bitter about something! 🤷‍♂️

New stand design and building... player recruitment... installation and upkeep of hybrid pitches... tactics... transfers... contract negotiations... you name it. You're a gobshite on everything and utterly intolerant of anyone who tells you you're wrong.

Im not bitter toward you, you make me laugh. You're like the pub bore with an opinion on everything just waiting in some poor ***** to make eye cintact with you. Your posting today sums you up.

Edited by been here before

44 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Pleased for the lad. Anything that highlights the uselessness of our coaches is an added bonus,

Hoping our nearest challenger does well to make our manager look bad. JKB is a funny old place at time. A lot of posters who seem to enjoy hating Neilson more than they enjoy supporting Hearts. 

32 minutes ago, tian447 said:

It's not like he's been replaced with anyone better. 

His replacement scored two goals on his debut as well.

Another Neilson masterplan? RN made look more than a tad arrogant, sparing with the truth and unintelligent in his Wighton dealings/handling. 

36 minutes ago, been here before said:

New stand design and building... player recruitment... installation and upkeep of hybrid pitches... tactics... transfers... contract negotiations... you name it. You're a gobshite on everything and utterly intolerant of anyone who tells you you're wrong.

Im not bitter toward you, you make me laugh. You're like the pub bore with an opinion on everything just waiting in some poor ***** to make eye cintact with you. Your posting today sums you up.

Now there’s a coincidence! 😂

been here before
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Now there’s a coincidence! 😂

And there it is...your go to comeback: 'so are you', 'just like you', 'you can talk'....

Its how you end every 'discussion' you have on here once you've told everyone theyre wrong.

43 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Hoping our nearest challenger does well to make our manager look bad. JKB is a funny old place at time. A lot of posters who seem to enjoy hating Neilson more than they enjoy supporting Hearts. 

His replacement scored two goals on his debut as well.

I wasn’t hoping Dunfermline would do well tbh. They’re never catching us so don’t concern me at all. Anything that hastens the day that we wake up from out current torpor amd start moving forward again is fine by me though. We’re going nowhere under the current setup. 👍

13 minutes ago, been here before said:

And there it is...your go to comeback: 'so are you', 'just like you', 'you can talk'....

Its how you end every 'discussion' you have on here once you've told everyone theyre wrong.

Certainly no point on having a discussion with you is there - if I bother you so much then pop me on ignore there’s a good lad - I’m a bit worried about your blood pressure. 😳

Scottie Wanshot.

They give Wighton to our nearest rivals, he scores 2 goals today for them,  who decided to give them a player who can score goals, that could hinder us winning the league. you could hardy make it up.

Shooter McGavin
2 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

They give Wighton to our nearest rivals, he scores 2 goals today for them,  who decided to give them a player who can score goals, that could hinder us winning the league. you could hardy make it up.

That’s Hearts though. Nice and cuddly. 

3 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

That’s Hearts though. Nice and cuddly. 

Thought we had changed that when Clubs including Dunfermline stitched us up good and proper!