Official Raith v Hearts ( Tuesday ) Thread

south morocco

Gordon 

smith    Haring  Kingsley      Halliday 

ginelly        Irvine   McGill        Gms          

Naismith 

Boyce  

berra and halkett have to go urgently.shipping goals for fun. need to look at alternative team selection until new cbs signed 

it’s getting desperate !!!! 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• quockerwodgerjambo

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• sadj

Kingsley should absolutely not be playing in CB. Give Haring and Halkett a start. I like Halkett but he's had a torrid time with CB pairings.

We don't have an Irvine in our squad (sorry but it's a real sticking point for me) but a cm 2 of Irving and McGill will get run over, all day long. 

No much to choose from tbf 

Gordon 

Haring

Smith                            Kingsley 

Irving 

McGill                Halliday 

Naismith 

GMS                               Ginnelly 

Boyce 

Im disappointed McGill hasn't had a sniff since he played. He looked decent and certainly had more energy than Haliday. The younger players should really be getting more of an opportunity.

We might have a chance if Berra, Halkett, Naismith, Smith, Halliday , Frear, Walker, Rodgers are left out of the team...so, as that isn't going to happen, Rats will win.

All of course in my opinion.

Forgot and of course the entirely useless coaching staff

Edited by Deid Heid

Gordon

Smith Popescu Halkett Kingsley

Haring   Irving

GMS         Walker        Ginnelly

Boyce

Halkett, Walker and Boyce fill me with zero confidence (Boyce only there as he got 2 yesterday and no other option), but the squad is weak overall. Naismith and Berra should be nowhere near the first 11 at the moment on current form.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

I'd honestly have this line up

1 Gordon 

2 Smith 

3 Kingsley 

4 a traffic cone 

5 an egg roll 

6 Andy Irving 

7 one curly pubic hair 

8 one damaged breeze block 

9 Adebayo 

10 Ginnely 

11 a dug shite 

scott herbertson

Gordon

Smith Popescu Halkett Kingsley

Haring   Irving

GMS         Naismith      Ginnelly

Wighton

Don't particularly like Wighton but I would start him and bring Boyce on later

1 hour ago, R1874 said:

Our midfield looked so weak in comparison. Similar against Dundee

If Haring isn’t playing need someone who can battle a bit

We got taken to the cleaners in midfield by a bunch of average young laddies who will never play above the level they are currently at. And all they did was play short crisp forward passes and work hard to win the ball back. We did neither of those things and were actually started to look like a team who’s average age is really telling. A team who for the most part are playing at their last big club and who are not hungry enough. We should be fielding 4 or 5 boys in our team in their early 20’s. How many did we have yesterday around 30 and over ? How many of our team have any prospect of being looked at by other bigger clubs ? How many are on the way down vs how many are on the way up ?

Edited by JimmyCant

8 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

I'd honestly have this line up

1 Gordon 

2 Smith 

3 Kingsley 

4 a traffic cone 

5 an egg roll 

6 Andy Irving 

7 one curly pubic hair 

8 one damaged breeze block 

9 Adebayo 

10 Ginnely 

11 a dug shite 

Can’t argue with that !!! 

Just now, JimmyCant said:

We got taken to the cleaners in midfield by a bunch of average young laddies who will never play above the level they are currently at. And all they did was play short crisp forward passes and work hard to win the ball back. We did neither of those things and were actually started to look like a team who’s average age is really telling. A team who for the most part are playing at their last big club and who are not hungry enough. We should be fielding 4 or 5 boys in our team in their early 20’s. How many did we have yesterday around 30 and over ?

yeh noticed that about Championship. Lot of hungry young players doing well for their team

Is it time to play Mcgill? Get Connor Smith back

Gordon 

smith    Haring  Kingsley      Halliday 

ginelly        Irvine   McGill        Gms          

Adebayo   Boyce  

16 minutes ago, R1874 said:

yeh noticed that about Championship. Lot of hungry young players doing well for their team

Is it time to play Mcgill? Get Connor Smith back

We started 3 players 26 or under yesterday and 2 of them had nightmares. 5 midfield players of whom 4 were 30 or above. A striker who is 30 in April. 2 defenders over 30. We’ve a huge problem with average age which is made worse by the fact that we’re not fit enough.

Edited by JimmyCant

19 minutes ago, Barney bulge said:

Can’t argue with that !!! 

To be fair, the cone deserves a chance. Came up through the academy.

Back to basics, no thrills.

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Popescu

Kingsley

Ginnelly

Haring

Irving

Mackay-Steven

Naismith

Boyce

2-1 Hearts.

Gordon, Smith, Halkett, Popescu, Kingsley, Irving, Halliday, Walker GMS, Henderson, Boyce

That is the team I think he will choose. 

I think.he will still see Ginnelly as one to bring on after an hour.

Edited by Riccarton3

Whatever the line up we need to start commanding the middle of the park.

Boss that area then centre halves are under less pressure.

Also once we get the ball, do what teams do to us, run direct towards opposition goals instead of doing everything we can to take 20 passes to get it wide.

Gordon

Moore Smith Haring Kingsley

Ginnelly McGill Irving GMS

Boyce Wighton

6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Whatever the line up we need to start commanding the middle of the park.

Boss that area then centre halves are under less pressure.

Also once we get the ball, do what teams do to us, run direct towards opposition goals instead of doing everything we can to take 20 passes to get it wide.

Yes, surely to god he plays 3 genuine midfielders and just one wide player, at least to start. Its a skill to get wide players involved. It doesn't just happen. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Raith v Hearts ( Tuesday ) Thread
58 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Yes, surely to god he plays 3 genuine midfielders and just one wide player, at least to start. Its a skill to get wide players involved. It doesn't just happen. 

I think that’s the right approach. The centre of our midfield isn’t strong enough to play two ‘wingers’ from the start. 

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think that’s the right approach. The centre of our midfield isn’t strong enough to play two ‘wingers’ from the start. 

Aye, but I've listed Jamie as a midfielder! Though I think he plays not bad on plastic!

Haring is a mystery just now. Makes the bench but by doing that - cos he would be a strange change if needed - maybe restricts the option of McGill or a n other.

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Aye, but I've listed Jamie as a midfielder! Though I think he plays not bad on plastic!

Haring is a mystery just now. Makes the bench but by doing that - cos he would be a strange change if needed - maybe restricts the option of McGill or a n other.

Haring was looking like he was recovering well earlier in the season but was poor against Dundee. Must be hard coming back after nearly two years out. 

No reason why we can't win this but the attitude must change big time. We need to play from the first whistle unlike yesterday when we didn't start playing till we were 3 down. I've no idea if Robbie can manage that.

9 minutes ago, 1953 said:

No reason why we can't win this but the attitude must change big time. We need to play from the first whistle unlike yesterday when we didn't start playing till we were 3 down. I've no idea if Robbie can manage that.

It’s more if the players can do it and not make stupid defensive errors imo. 

16 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I think Ill give it a miss.

In fact just wake me up when the lockdowns over and we're back in the Premiership.

Could be a long sleep.

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

We got taken to the cleaners in midfield by a bunch of average young laddies who will never play above the level they are currently at. And all they did was play short crisp forward passes and work hard to win the ball back. We did neither of those things and were actually started to look like a team who’s average age is really telling. A team who for the most part are playing at their last big club and who are not hungry enough. We should be fielding 4 or 5 boys in our team in their early 20’s. How many did we have yesterday around 30 and over ? How many of our team have any prospect of being looked at by other bigger clubs ? How many are on the way down vs how many are on the way up ?

A thought provoking post.

2 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

short and snappy.  Now snap out of it.

well if we can play shite and only just lose against them yesterday,we only have to play half decent to win

Edited by Hearts007

39 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It’s more if the players can do it and not make stupid defensive errors imo. 

Absolutely.  Yesterday - Smith cost us a goal. Poprescu cost us a goal and Kingsley nearly cost us a goal. And as Lawrie said,  no man at the far post cost us the third.

2 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

well if we can play shite and only just lose against them yesterday,we only have to play half decent to win

Half decent it is then, but in what half and by how many will we be down before then?

2 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Half decent it is then, but in what half and by how many will we be down before then?

wait and see there's no mind readers on here

2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Back to basics, no thrills.

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Popescu

Kingsley

Ginnelly

Haring

Irving

Mackay-Steven

Naismith

Boyce

2-1 Hearts.

This is quite obviously the team that should start. And I think we will see it on Tuesday. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Kingsley should absolutely not be playing in CB. Give Haring and Halkett a start. I like Halkett but he's had a torrid time with CB pairings.

We don't have an Irvine in our squad (sorry but it's a real sticking point for me) but a cm 2 of Irving and McGill will get run over, all day long. 

Halkett has had a terrible times with pairings, and his own mistakes. At some point you have got to stop and think maybe it’s him?
He’s a ****ing donkey struggling in the Championship, and most can see it now.

Just now, karipidis said:

This is quite obviously the team that should start. And I think we will see it on Tuesday. 

I hope so but only if Haring is fitter than he was against Dundee. Anyone know if its televised? Or do we have to pay these snakes for ppv?

Pasquale for King
Just now, TypoonJambo said:

I hope so but only if Haring is fitter than he was against Dundee. Anyone know if its televised? Or do we have to pay these snakes for ppv?

There will be free streams available on here. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

There will be free streams available on here. 

sound.

Give haring a run of games. 
either at centre half or centre mid.

can’t possibly be worse than what’s there and has the potential to be so much better. 

yes I seen him up at Dundee but a run of games is all that’s going to tell us if he is getting over this injury or not and whoever he replaces Berra ,halkett or Halliday will certainly not be missed !!! 

if we can get him back to what he was it will be like a cracking new signing 

6 minutes ago, Barney bulge said:

Give haring a run of games. 
either at centre half or centre mid.

can’t possibly be worse than what’s there and has the potential to be so much better. 

yes I seen him up at Dundee but a run of games is all that’s going to tell us if he is getting over this injury or not and whoever he replaces Berra ,halkett or Halliday will certainly not be missed !!! 

if we can get him back to what he was it will be like a cracking new signing 

He seems very reluctant to play him after his horror first half at Dundee. 

Really beginning to wonder how near fit he actually is. 

As someone already pointed out , the average age is shocking. Add to that a number of the older players legs have gone due to bad injuries. We need to give some of the youth a chance. Let's face it, they can't do any worse than our superstar cripples. At least they would get within 10 yards of their players.