Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

alwaysthereinspirit
17 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You can throw all the stats you want at me, however that doesn’t change my opinion that the football played by the 2015 team was better than the dross being played this season.

You also have to factor in the fact that Rangers and Hibs were in the league in 2015, this season we are up against absolute shite!

No way are we going to win the league by the same margin this season compared to 2015 nor score the same amount of goals.

Not exactly going out on a limb with that last sentence are you. 🤪

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

14 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Not exactly going out on a limb with that last sentence are you. 🤪

No but ADAM has! 😉

PS talking about average points and goals.

Edited by Thomaso

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, Cade said:

After the first 17 games of 14/15 we had won 15 and drawn 2, sitting on 47 points.

This included playing Rangers and Hibs twice each.

After the first 17 games of 20/21 we've won 12, drawn 2 lost 3, and have 38 points.

That's almost 20% less points at the same stage against weaker opposition.

You can't spin that.

No one is spinning that. Who is?

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

2021 stats: 

played 8 games, won 4, lost 2, drawn 2. 
Scored 14, conceded 9. 
Scored only 4 goals in the first half. 
Won only 1 game at tynie. 
Scored one goal from open play in 270 minutes of football. 
38 games since we last played back to back starting 11’s under Robbie. 
Only twice in his full tenure at Hearts has he played back to back starting 11’s in the league. 
Haven’t scored a league goal in the opening 30 minutes of an away match in over a year. 

Top of the league by a distance

and then?

a game is 90 minutes.

Do we get more points for away wins? I think we have won all home games this season apart from 2, I think that is 10 wins, 2 draws, need to be confirmed tho. Likely the 2nd best in the country?

Do you get more goals or points for goals from open play?

Why is starting the same team even a thing? how many times does any team start the same 11?

A game is 90 minutes.

I also have statistics

Top of the league, +24 gd, 13 points clear

Under Robbie we won our first game out of Edinburgh for over a year.

Robbie has us first.

last time he had us 3rd in the top flight

before the above he finished first.

He was the last manager to get us into Europe.

under him we knocked hibs out the sc.

6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

There would be a lot of noise, thats for sure. 

The noise would be shouting at Neilson to go.  
We need a poll to gauge JKB members thoughts on Neilson.

52 minutes ago, ADAM said:

The stats say that's BS....we're scoring and gaining points at around the same record high rate as 2015.

You sure about that Adam?

In 2015 we scored 96 goals and got 91 points.

So on a 27 game basis we would have a rate of 72 goals and 68 points.

So far this season we have played 17 games and scored 43 goals and have 38 points.

So to meet the goals/points rate of 2015 we will have to score 29 goals in 10 games and accumulate another 30 points ie. win every game.

Still BS?

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You sure about that Adam?

In 2015 we scored 96 goals and got 91 points.

So on a 27 game basis we would have a rate of 72 goals and 68 points.

So far this season we have played 17 games and scored 43 goals and have 38 points.

So to meet the goals/points rate of 2015 we will have to score 29 goals in 10 games and accumulate another 30 points ie. win every game.

Still BS?

Why is matching 2015 important?

Are you implying he should be sacked if he doesn't beat his previous record and if not what is the point in that discussion?

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Top of the league by a distance

and then?

a game is 90 minutes.

Do we get more points for away wins? I think we have won all home games this season apart from 2, I think that is 10 wins, 2 draws, need to be confirmed tho. Likely the 2nd best in the country?

Do you get more goals or points for goals from open play?

Why is starting the same team even a thing? how many times does any team start the same 11?

A game is 90 minutes.

I also have statistics

Top of the league, +24 gd, 13 points clear

Under Robbie we won our first game out of Edinburgh for over a year.

Robbie has us first.

last time he had us 3rd in the top flight

before the above he finished first.

He was the last manager to get us into Europe.

under him we knocked hibs out the sc.

Why can’t Neilson have Hearts playing attractive football in the Championship. ?
Why are Hearts so bad to watch. ?

Why do Hearts sign good players for the Championship and they seem to get worse every week ?

Why do we put up with a shambles of a team managed by an incompetent management. ?
And the questions could go on and on, like What are Ann Budge, FOH, Hearts Board etc thinking.

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why is matching 2015 important?

Are you implying he should be sacked if he doesn't beat his previous record and if not what is the point in that discussion?

Suggest you read the debate I was having with Adam before butting in with stupid comments about sacking Neilson!

My comment was that the team of 2015 were superior to the shit we saw on the pitch today. Adam called that BS and gave me stats to back up his opinion - stats that I think were incorrect.

Now get back in your box!

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Thomaso said:

Suggest you read the debate I was having with Adam before butting in with stupid comments about sacking Neilson!

My comment was that the team of 2015 were superior to the shit we saw on the pitch today. Adam called that BS and gave me stats to back up his opinion - stats that I think were incorrect.

Now get back in your box!

Stupid comment about sacking Neilson... On a Robbie oot thread?:greggy:

Who gives a **** about the 2015 team?

Why is that  important or relevant?

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Why can’t Neilson have Hearts playing attractive football in the Championship. ?
Why are Hearts so bad to watch. ?

Why do Hearts sign good players for the Championship and they seem to get worse every week ?

Why do we put up with a shambles of a team managed by an incompetent management. ?
And the questions could go on and on, like What are Ann Budge, FOH, Hearts Board etc thinking.

Imo we are playing good football, we are scoring goals, we are top so not a shambles and as  for your last question I have no idea.

There is room for improvement tho.

Dennis Reynolds
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You constantly bring up Robbie Neilsons last time in charge. In fact, just a few posts ago you brought up the fact he finished 1st last time.

So obviously you give a ****. Hopefully now you won't be bringing up his previous record going forward though.

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Start one then. 🤷🏼‍♂️

48 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Imo we are playing good football, we are scoring goals, we are top so not a shambles and as  for your last question I have no idea.

playing good football? It’s slow predicable, safe possession shite and has been for far too long. 

6 hours ago, ADAM said:

The stats say that's BS....we're scoring and gaining points at around the same record high rate as 2015.

We lost our first home in 2015 to Falkirk 2-3 on 24th Jan, on the 23rd Jan this year we lost our first home 2-3 to Raith. The difference this time is there was a toxic response on here, it's driven by a small vocal anti-Nelison/Budge minority.

The evidence says we'll stroll the league and score a near record average of goals. If that was good enough in, the much lauded, 2015 season surely it's good enough this season.

2015  -  P      W      D      L     GF    GA    GD    Pts (Hearts)

36     29     4      3     96    26     70     91

2021  -  P      W      D      L     GF    GA    GD    Pts (assumes 2-0 win at Inverness)

18     13      2      3     45    19     26     41

2021  -  P      W      D      L     GF    GA    GD    Pts (assume equal first 18 totals)

36    26      4      6     90    38     52    82

2016 -   P      W      D      L     GF    GA    GD    Pts (Rangers)

36    25     6       5     88    34     54    81

2017 -   P      W      D      L     GF    GA    GD    Pts (Hibs)

36   19     14     3     59     25    34     71

2018 -   P      W      D      L     GF    GA    GD    Pts (St Mirren)

36     23     5      8     63    36     27     74 

2019 -   P      W      D      L     GF    GA    GD    Pts (Ross County)

36     21     8      7      63    34     29    71

That’s a massive assumption you’re making about Inverness. 

The fact is the league in 2015 was much stronger and those stats, like the football we played, are much more impressive.

We are lucky that the other teams in it this season are cutting each other’s throats and dropping points.

Lets see where we are by the time we go to Dunfermline. 

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Who gives one about the 2015 team, clearly you do. You constantly bring up his previous record in the Championship with both us and United and his last term with us in Premiership and how wonderful it was. If you don’t think his previous performance is important or relevant, you need to be the one to stop using it to put him on his throne.

You really are weird. Using your own argument against someone else

5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Can’t agree that you think this is good football.  

We’ve started the last few matches ok but the majority of the time , everything is slow, laboured and run out of ideas very quickly. 
Defensively we’re very suspect , and it doesn’t seem to matter what combo of defenders play popescu , Berra or Halkett  

We’ve tried Roberts , Frear, GMS, kastameer out wide, have you seen “ good football” from any of them. Ginnelly shown glimpses of good football.

Middle of the park , Lee-Haring - Irving -Halliday .. Not hugely impressed by any this season , Irving has shown he has ability, no question , but when the chips were down last week at QOTS he was a passenger.  

Smith & Kingsley 2 names on the team sheet every week and rightly so ...both off form at the moment.  

Walker shows can produce isolated moments of quality , as does Boyce.

Naismith - not sure what his best role is at hearts at the moment.  

Gordon - safe hands 

McEneff/Gnaduillet ... time will tell.  

so all of that said ... top of the league yes  

Good football - not for me I’m afraid. 

6 hours ago, mitch41 said:

You are allowed to start one yourself, you know. 

McGlynn The Money
7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Playing good football? :what:

You also seem to forget that we're in the Championship, with far bigger and better resources than our rivals.  If we were anywhere near the top of the Premiership you would have a point.

McGlynn The Money
2 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

Who gives one about the 2015 team, clearly you do. You constantly bring up his previous record in the Championship with both us and United and his last term with us in Premiership and how wonderful it was. If you don’t think his previous performance is important or relevant, you need to be the one to stop using it to put him on his throne.

:spoton:

Perfect description of him and his head in the sand posts.

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Playing good football 😂😂😂

Your at it surely? 

Fluorescent Adolescent
2 minutes ago, theshed said:

Your at it surely? 

It’s all relative.

Who plays ‘good’ football in Scotland?

Celtic on form, Rangers at times.

Aberdeen? Hamilton? Kilmarnock? Hibs???

What we serve up is standard and we’re winning more often than not.

Folk (not aimed at you) long for Stendel to return, I assume because they found it exciting? For me we were an utter shambles and what we played was far from ‘good’.

Some need a reality check. This echo chamber doesn’t help matters. The same shite regurgitated by the same few people has others reading it and believing it before long.

Things are nowhere near as bad as us being made out. I’d caveat that by saying of course there is room for improvement.

I've tried to ignore my emotions and look at the situation objectively. Which has made me realise just how dire the situation is.

A lot of our fans seem to think that we're a top 3 team. At the moment, we're not even a PREMIERSHIP team. We are struggling to scrape results against teams who don't even have full time players.

Going into next season assuming we get promoted, how do you think we'll fare against the likes of Hamilton? They're better than any championship team. Ross County? They're better than any championship team. How about Livi in their current run of form? They're a damn sight better than most premiership teams. 

In going with RN the club has settled for boring, uninspired football with outdated tactics, the same poor performance week in week out etc etc etc. 

Do you think we could end up in a relegation battle next season? 

I can see it. The happy clappers are going to let this club sleepwalk into being a bottom 6 side from now on. 

People need held accountable. Our club has the potential to be a giant in Scottish football, like it should be. With the current administration that's a pipe dream.

Budge needs to go.

Neilson needs to go.

The chicken hearted empty shirt players need to go.

The only way they listened last time was when people voted with their wallet. The pandemic is a golden opportunity to amplify the only real power we have over the club.

As soon as people stop paying to watch and stop donations to the FOH we'll soon have their full attention.

Edited by Sertse

13 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

It's such a shite situation to be in. We're not going to improve under Neilson, that much is clear. But Budge won't sack him until it's too late. By that time we will have had one or two transfer windows. That means more money wasted on shite. Then a new guy comes in and has to sort the shite out. That's even more money spent on players. Levein before that didn't even have to sort out the last guys shite, it was his shite to sort out, and he was just piling more shite on top of it. Neilson will do the same this summer. Shite upon shite upon shite. 

It's all so depressing. 

Could be the new cub motto that penultimate sentence.

Or the last one , maybe depressingly predictable tho.

8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I never mentioned sacking Neilson so why tag that shit onto my post? 🙄

it was a discussion I would as having with another poster no need for you to stick your oar in - you just stick to spewing out your relentless shite to defend the indefensible.

51 minutes ago, theshed said:

Your at it surely? 

He always is - the Club’s very own court jester! 🤡

3 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

Nailed him! 😂😂😂😂

That’s a massive assumption you’re making about Inverness. 

The fact is the league in 2015 was much stronger and those stats, like the football we played, are much more impressive.

We are lucky that the other teams in it this season are cutting each other’s throats and dropping points.

Lets see where we are by the time we go to Dunfermline. 

Adam has made a few assumptions that are flawed!

57 minutes ago, theshed said:

Your at it surely? 

Just about choked on my cheerio's when I read that comment, priceless!

This post should put an end to this guy obviously being in his element defending this rubbish.  To be doing it for 4 years now with the same spin and promises is obviously someone enjoying this. 

Good football?  Wtf? 

Governor Tarkin
8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Imo we are playing good football,

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Smith's right slaver strikes again with another absolute gem.

4 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

Who gives one about the 2015 team, clearly you do?

The only team that the Smith gives a **** about from 2015 are the 2015 - 2016 season Scottish Cup-winning heroes.

:greggy:

Edited by Governor Tarkin

12 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Sad thing is even the Administrators of this forum fall into that category.

Strangely enough the Administrators are also Hearts supporters ( or they wouldn't be doing this role for free ) and, as such, are allowed opinions.

You’ll find, if you care to look, that they quite often disagree on issues around the club - even this one. 😄

Nelly Terraces

What excuse did Neilson manage to scrape off the bottom of the barrel after yesterdays shite result? No plastic pitch this week so what what was it, bit too windy perhaps? Or a couple of blades of grass too long down the school end maybe? Be interesting to see what he’s blaming other than the real reason, which is his own poor management.

The Real Maroonblood
12 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Spot on post.

agree with all you’ve said, the only difference being I actually did renew this year!!

not next season though and the mate I sit with won’t be either.

I was considering the same but with the money I’m saving not going to the pub I’ll probably renew.

Time will tell.

11 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

What excuse did Neilson manage to scrape off the bottom of the barrel after yesterdays shite result? No plastic pitch this week so what what was it, bit too windy perhaps? Or a couple of blades of grass too long down the school end maybe? Be interesting to see what he’s blaming other than the real reason, which is his own poor management.

That we didn't take our chances in the final third. 26 shots on target, 1 goal. Not sure Robbie could do much about that. 

16 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Kit man forgot to use fabric softener when washing the players boxer shorts 

Hagar the Horrible
2 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

That we didn't take our chances in the final third. 26 shots on target, 1 goal. Not sure Robbie could do much about that. 

The cautioned approach he has installed is to blame. We dont cross early balls. Nor do we get to the goal line and find a player too often(Nando for Walker) we tried to walk it in more often than not. And not shooting early allowed blocking.

Robbie has no idea. The game is about trying to win. Not keeping the ball.

3 hours ago, Scott980612 said:

Can’t agree that you think this is good football.  

We’ve started the last few matches ok but the majority of the time , everything is slow, laboured and run out of ideas very quickly. 
Defensively we’re very suspect , and it doesn’t seem to matter what combo of defenders play popescu , Berra or Halkett  

We’ve tried Roberts , Frear, GMS, kastameer out wide, have you seen “ good football” from any of them. Ginnelly shown glimpses of good football.

Middle of the park , Lee-Haring - Irving -Halliday .. Not hugely impressed by any this season , Irving has shown he has ability, no question , but when the chips were down last week at QOTS he was a passenger.  

Smith & Kingsley 2 names on the team sheet every week and rightly so ...both off form at the moment.  

Walker shows can produce isolated moments of quality , as does Boyce.

Naismith - not sure what his best role is at hearts at the moment.  

Gordon - safe hands 

McEneff/Gnaduillet ... time will tell.  

so all of that said ... top of the league yes  

Good football - not for me I’m afraid. 

Anybody who thinks we are playing good football,needs their head or eyes tested!

9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hearts last 5 league games according to the BBC-

WWWDD

JKB- robbie oot!

See the source image

That's because we can see what's happening on the pitch - the BBC stats can't

14 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

The cautioned approach he has installed is to blame. We dont cross early balls. Nor do we get to the goal line and find a player too often(Nando for Walker) we tried to walk it in more often than not. And not shooting early allowed blocking.

Robbie has no idea. The game is about trying to win. Not keeping the ball.

26 shots on goal would suggest trying to win. On another day a few more of those shots could have gone in.

I don't buy into the idea that Robbie tells our players not to play early balls or shoot from distance. Obviously I can't say with certainty that he doesn't, but it just makes no sense to me to do that. 

I feel like the players are getting away without much blame from the fans. 

SectionDJambo
12 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I was considering the same but with the money I’m saving not going to the pub I’ll probably renew.

Time will tell.

It's probably just as well that Tynecastle is now an all seater stadium with a fairly restricted capacity, along with the habit, only really developed greatly since the stadium rebuild started, of fans to buy season tickets.

If Hearts were relying on mainly walk up home fans, the attendances next season would be in severe jeopardy of hitting under 10k again, in my opinion. The loyalty of Hearts fans is being stretched to the limit, given the financial support given since 2012, is not being reflected by positive progress on the field of play. There seems to be a growing feeling that we, the paying fans, are being taken for granted, instead of being listened to.

How many years, now, have most Hearts fans been complaining about the boring football we are asked to shell out a lot of money to watch? We're not thinking that we will be a world beacon of attacking, silky football, but many of us can easily remember the brand of football that Jim Jefferies gave us on a fairly limited budget, and how enjoyable it was to go along to see. We scrambled for tickets to see that team. Unless Robbie Neilson changes his attitude towards the boring, safety first stuff that seems to have been embedded into his physique, there won't be many scrambles for tickets next season, if we manage to limp over the finishing line this season.

If Ann Budge, whom I have great respect for, doesn't do something to initiate a change of the negative attitude that has infected our team for the last few years, her legacy won't be one for her to look back on with any satisfaction. She is the leader. She has to instigate the change.

66% possession and 26 shots at goal but the team are apparently playing under some mysterious instructions from Neilson that leads them to wasting all those opportunities.......

Not to mention we had 6 attack minded players on the pitch for the majority of the second half.

We are pretty shit but it’s not just the managers fault.

Shanghai Hearts
8 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

26 shots on goal would suggest trying to win. On another day a few more of those shots could have gone in.

I don't buy into the idea that Robbie tells our players not to play early balls or shoot from distance. Obviously I can't say with certainty that he doesn't, but it just makes no sense to me to do that. 

I feel like the players are getting away without much blame from the fans. 

This..... the performance again was not at the intensity I would like...we missed some gilt edged chances & on another day would have won easily. The issue is that I have now been saying this for a few seasons... the players are at fault, they should be able to play through every team in this division. A clear out is again needed and they players we pay well should be giving the fans more.

When do the player have to stand up and be counted? Awful under 3 managers.

Naismith, Smith, Halliday, Halkett, Boyce, Kingsley all experienced players that really shouldn't need to be told to work hard and give their all. I thought that's why it was important to have players like this in the squad.

Shameful lack of self motivation from highly paid professionals

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )