Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, GYL said:

How do you know this?

I doubt he knows anything of Hearts business. Just another pretending, although God knows why, to be in the know. 

Seriously sad behaviour. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, buzzbomb said:

Not sure what the club are playing at here. But, there was no counter-offer from Irving or his agents and there has been no second offer made to them either. Seems strange for Robbie to come out with this stuff, especially before an important game. Are they trying mess with Irving's head before arguably our biggest game of the league campaign ? Hopefully Andy just blocks it all out.

If you are right this means Andy has simply rejected a new contract and isn't even interested in negotiating. Not sure how's that's us messing him about. 

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If you are right this means Andy has simply rejected a new contract and isn't even interested in negotiating. Not sure how's that's us messing him about. 

Not sure how you arrive at that. He has rejected the terms Hearts offered. If that’s Hearts only offer, then yes, it’s rejected.

Why is Robbie now saying he’s been offered a second improved contract when he hasn’t ?

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, buzzbomb said:

Not sure how you arrive at that. He has rejected the terms Hearts offered. If that’s Hearts only offer, then yes, it’s rejected.

Why is Robbie now saying he’s been offered a second improved contract when he hasn’t ?

If he rejected the offer out of hand with no counter offer surely that means he has no interest at staying at Hearts at all? Or do his agents not understand how to negotiate? You don't just say "No" and leave it at that 🤣 For now I'll believe Robbie instead of the internet thanks.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

If he rejected the offer out of hand with no counter offer surely that means he has no interest at staying at Hearts at all? Or do his agents not understand how to negotiate? You don't just say "No" and leave it at that 🤣 For now I'll believe Robbie instead of the internet thanks.

You do that.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, buzzbomb said:

You do that.

You said "Are they trying mess with Irving's head before arguably our biggest game of the league campaign ?"

Yes, of course the club is deliberately trying to put off one of our players

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

You said "Are they trying mess with Irving's head before arguably our biggest game of the league campaign ?"

Yes, of course the club is deliberately trying to put off one of our players

How else do you explain putting out an article saying a greatly improved offer has been made when it hasn’t. 

Nucky Thompson
8 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

I'll believe Robbie over some random on a fans forum

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

How else do you explain putting out an article saying a greatly improved offer has been made when it hasn’t. 

Robbie doesn't write the articles you know. He obviously thinks an offer has been made while you think no offer has been made. I think most would back their own manager here, he obviously rates Irving.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Robbie doesn't write the articles you know. He obviously thinks an offer has been made while you think no offer has been made. I think most would back their own manager here, he obviously rates Irving.

He’s quoted. Unless Robbie is happy to be misquoted

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, buzzbomb said:

He’s quoted. Unless Robbie is happy to be misquoted

So he's just a bare-faced liar 🤣 A new offer after a counter offer is much more believeable than Irving just rejecting the first contract.

I'm not sure how you expect Irving to get a new contract if he just rejected the first one with no attempt at negotiation anyhow. It's a very strange way to do things. Do hearts just continue firing contracts at him until he says "Yes"? Surely it's quicker to respond with your preferred terms?

13 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

So who do we believe ?

The Hearts manager or some random on kickback, tough one  

Maybe the reason he hasn’t signed is because simply he got a far better offer from elsewhere and has signed a pre-contract elsewhere, he’s in the last six months of his contract so he is perfectly entitled to do that 

At least we will get a development fee.... again 

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So he's just a bare-faced liar 🤣 A new offer after a counter offer is much more believeable than Irving just rejecting the first contract.

I'm not sure how you expect Irving to get a new contract if he just rejected the first one with no attempt at negotiation anyhow. It's a very strange way to do things. Do hearts just continue firing contracts at him until he says "Yes"? Surely it's quicker to respond with your preferred terms?

Suppose it depends what he thinks of the first offer. I’ll give Robbie the benefit of the doubt that he believes a second offer has been sent or has been conveyed.

Edited by buzzbomb

Robbie's quotes in the EEN don't actually say it was a second offer despite the headline saying that unless there is another article. 

The quotes in yesterday's article are just that he has been made a good offer and we're waiting to hear back.

7 hours ago, I.T.K said:

I think Savage is about to cock this up. The first offer comes in short of the mark, and no new offered given. Despite what Bazza writes. If Hearts aren't interested in being serious, I wouldn't blame him to start listening to other offers.  

What great insight and inside information do you base that on? 

36 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'll believe Robbie over some random on a fans forum

I’d believe the random over maybe a misquote on this occasion. 

52 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Maybe Robbie's trying to find out who keeps leaking irving's contract offer ?

Based on recent past performance I fear we are going to mess this up. We don’t seem to place a high value on keeping our young players. Paterson, Walker, Nicholson, Holt, Hickey were all allowed to depart for sweeties. Much better to consider the cost of not keeping i.e. what it would cost to obtain a replacement of similar ability.

41 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Maybe the reason he hasn’t signed is because simply he got a far better offer from elsewhere and has signed a pre-contract elsewhere, he’s in the last six months of his contract so he is perfectly entitled to do that 

At least we will get a development fee.... again 

If we are reduced to a development fee, utterly depressing. I suppose it happens cos we have wasted money without any care on utter shite

Do we know for a fact that the problem here is the amount of wages on the table? 

I'm sure someone on here mentioned that Irving is trying to put clauses in his deal which allow him to jump at the first offer to leave for a half decent team, has that been proven to be the less likely scenario? 

45 minutes ago, Papa said:

Based on recent past performance I fear we are going to mess this up. We don’t seem to place a high value on keeping our young players. Paterson, Walker, Nicholson, Holt, Hickey were all allowed to depart for sweeties. Much better to consider the cost of not keeping i.e. what it would cost to obtain a replacement of similar ability.

TBH I’ve already assumed we will screw this up. We don’t seem to understand how to negotiate contracts with our good young players at all. How often have we been in this exact position, with our prize asset able to leave for nothing in 6 months?

If we manage to sort this out, fantastic. But recent history very strongly suggests that we won’t.

2 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

TBH I’ve already assumed we will screw this up. We don’t seem to understand how to negotiate contracts with our good young players at all. How often have we been in this exact position, with our prize asset able to leave for nothing in 6 months?

If we manage to sort this out, fantastic. But recent history very strongly suggests that we won’t.

I don’t think Hearts can really afford to screw this one up, if we lose Andy Irving to a development fee, then the fans will rightly be up in arms if we lose yet another young player for sweeties, serious questions will have to be asked

1 hour ago, buzzbomb said:

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on the Irving situation.  I'm totally confident that what you've posted on this thread is accurate.  :thumb: 

3 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

He’s signing I believe 

Chap has been right about Irving since day 1 so no reason to doubt him now 

I really hope you are right. I'm knocking on a bit (70 plus), and  I am struggling to think of  a player at that age at Hearts, with that range and accuracy of passing.  The obsession with the need to tackle and defend annoys me; others can do that.

He will go far, IMHO.

Hopeful this gets done. Should have offered him an extension miles before 6 months before it runs out*. His talent has been evident for a while now. 

*assuming that he was not offered a new contract before the most recent offer that was rejected 

iwasthere1954
14 hours ago, Papa said:

I wouldn't say ,£1.8 million was sweeties for Hickey who played probably less than 30 first team games.

11 hours ago, Wilson said:

I really hope you are right. I'm knocking on a bit (70 plus), and  I am struggling to think of  a player at that age at Hearts, with that range and accuracy of passing.  The obsession with the need to tackle and defend annoys me; others can do that.

He will go far, IMHO.

You and me both, and I agree.

14 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

He’s signing I believe 

Chap has been right about Irving since day 1 so no reason to doubt him now 

Signing what? We haven’t made him a second offer. :whistling:

wattie exploited
On 29/01/2021 at 19:42, buzzbomb said:

👍🏻

hope he signs soon easily the best midfielder on our books :rifle:

Edited by wattie exploited

19 hours ago, Wilson said:

He will go far, IMHO.

Gary Mackay possibly ? 

Im not on the band wagon of how good he is .Now and again he shows promising glimpses but at his age he should be dictating the play far more especially in this league Not enough of his play is having a big enough influence on games and he didn't have a great game today 

52 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

Im not on the band wagon of how good he is .Now and again he shows promising glimpses but at his age he should be dictating the play far more especially in this league Not enough of his play is having a big enough influence on games and he didn't have a great game today 

Maybe you need to look at the guys he's playing with in midfield...Halliday is pretty limited and Naismith, quite simply, isn't a midfielder so AI is being expected to do a great deal more than your average 20 y/o first teamer would. He's not the finished article but is improving steadily.

If he chooses to leave at the end of his contract it's his prerogative - we've signed plenty of out-of-contract players in the past so there's no point in moaning when one of ours decides to invoke freedom of contract and all we get is a development fee

8 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Maybe you need to look at the guys he's playing with in midfield...Halliday is pretty limited and Naismith, quite simply, isn't a midfielder so AI is being expected to do a great deal more than your average 20 y/o first teamer would. He's not the finished article but is improving steadily.

If he chooses to leave at the end of his contract it's his prerogative - we've signed plenty of out-of-contract players in the past so there's no point in moaning when one of ours decides to invoke freedom of contract and all we get is a development fee

Your right about the lack of help he gets but still feel like he should just get the game by the scruff of the neck and control it Theres a player in there but he's old enough now to be controlling the games especially in that league

Best to continue discussing this here rather than the transfer thread...

So according to one poster we offered Irving a contract on worse terms than he signed as a 17yo which he then rejected. We then made a second offer of the exact same wage as currently (three figures) with no bonuses or incentives and a flat 4.5 year deal.

StevenNaismith
4 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

So according to one poster we offered Irving a contract on worse terms than he signed as a 17yo which he then rejected. We then made a second offer of the exact same wage as currently (three figures) with no bonuses or incentives and a flat 4.5 year deal.

Absolute pish.

I like Irving and he could turn into a great player for us but I always feel he could do more and it is all really potential at the moment. Hope we offer him a decent deal to stay but wouldn't break the bank for him either. 

5 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

All of that seems incredibly hard to believe! Lower terms? Come on 🤣 

Further, a 4.5 year deal with no incentives?!

I’d be shocked if even Irving’s family know the intimate details of any contract negotiations. 

The speculation is entertaining mind! 🍿 

On 30/01/2021 at 22:49, otterjohn said:

I'm with you. He decent, may develop well and I'd like him to stay and see how it goes. People seem to be painting him as far better than reality.

8 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

I read that too and hope it is wrong because there is no point spending a fortune continuously bringing in new players whilst letting our best home-grown prospects go.

Hopefully negotiations are on-going and will be successfully concluded.

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

At the same time as paying out 200k for the perfect type of player to play alongside him. Makes zero sense.

I suspect that the only people who will really know what the score is with Irving’s contract are Irving, his agent and who ever is dealing with it at Hearts.  What’s been put about on here is in the main uninformed speculation and in some cases unadulterated piss.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )