Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

40 minutes ago, Macros said:

Would you have him back? It's not an area we have a problem with at the moment I know, just interested in what the consensus is 

I think he'd be nowhere near getting in the team now. He has talent but we've moved on from him now. Put it this way, if he wasn't a former Hearts player would we be excited to hear us targeting a midfielder who's struggled for game time at an insolvent club at the bottom of Germany's third tier? 

To be honest he won’t come back to a premiership team. A championship team with a manager who has delusions of playing good possession football will be a better fit. Fast football doesn’t suit him. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Hope Andy gets his career back on track. But he should definitely get a new agent, and probably release the name of his current one as a PSA for other young players.

A_A wehatethehibs

Good luck at Falkirk as predicted.

Imagine a kid being a big enough idiot to reject a deal which most 21 year old Scottish CMs would kill for 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Anyone take him back? Not for me.. we’ve moved on 

Thought he had potential as a deep lying playmaker, playing alongside a more defensive midfielder in front of a back 4, but there's no place for him in the way we play now. You can see the club's thinking in not breaking the bank to keep him as Neilson had obviously been planning to switch to our current formation for some time so probably couldn't guarantee him game time let alone justify a big wage

Not for me either. We tried the "No pace but good technique" approach and it didn't work. We also tried the "Tonnes of pace and no technique approach" and that didn't work either...Seems pro footballers need a bit of both - who'd have thought...?

Edited by Spellczech

1 hour ago, Macros said:

Would you have him back? It's not an area we have a problem with at the moment I know, just interested in what the consensus is 

Nope.

For every excellent game he had for us, he had about 10 mediocre ones.

He wouldn’t even get on our bench now.

Fair play to him for going abroad at a young age but in terms of bad career decisions ooft, this is up there.

In terms of taking him back I'd say we're a level above him now. He had his chance to re-sign & continue his development but that trains left the station now & there's simply nothing to suggest he'd get enough game time to justify it when you look at the quality in that area now & how well we've fared without him. Maybe had he re-signed things would be different & he'd be a regular in the first team but as it stands we're well stocked for CMs.

All you can say for the boy is hopefully he's gained some knowledge & life experience from this & he can get a new club that will allow him to shine, because I think we can all admit he's still a talented footballer regardless of how this has ended up. Maybe just get a new agent though lad.

Whoever advised Andy to make a move to the lower levels of German football, needs sacked. Terrible choice of club, no ambition or real status. Pathetic really, Andy has talent, Never a lower league player, no matter the country.

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Reluctant to post without looking back at what I said earlier on the thread 😂

Was thinking the same 😂 but just going to brass neck it. We’re miles ahead of him now and unless he’s improved considerably there is no point in him coming back. His agent is an absolute cock and should be ashamed of himself. Talented enough player and the best he could manage was a shite level and a club with no support. Piss poor. 

5 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

Whoever advised Andy to make a move to the lower levels of German football, needs sacked. Terrible choice of club, no ambition or real status. Pathetic really, Andy has talent, Never a lower league player, no matter the country.

Curious which SPFL teams people think would make it out of the German 3rd tier. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Was thinking the same 😂 but just going to brass neck it. We’re miles ahead of him now and unless he’s improved considerably there is no point in him coming back. His agent is an absolute cock and should be ashamed of himself. Talented enough player and the best he could manage was a shite level and a club with no support. Piss poor. 

Andy should of packed his stuff and presented himself at Bologna. Boots in hand looking for a trial. 

Just now, Factuer Moi said:

Andy should of packed his stuff and presented himself at Bologna. Boots in hand looking for a trial. 

😀. Will end up in the Scottish championship and then stepping back up. Unless of course he wants to look for another lowly German club and try and move forward from there. 

Just now, I.T.K said:

Not that old one, we will never know. The SPL is cutthroat. You may as well tell Us the clubs you think would struggle in that league. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

😀. Will end up in the Scottish championship and then stepping back up. Unless of course he wants to look for another lowly German club and try and move forward from there. 

Glad you got the point i was making, i suspect the Agent though he could get a move into Bundesliga B, or even attract a Bayern type deal as Hickey had been speaking to them. Just a thought, Andy had his career skewed with Us during a previous regime. Had issues that we tried to deal with in the Championship, seemed to be one of those players like Harry Cochrane, wasn't getting the right game time. I believe his development was neglected by a certain person or persons.

3 hours ago, Macros said:

No, Hibs might be a good club for him

I feel for the lad. Not nice.

Looking at our bench he wouldn’t get a look in. Probably end up at Dundee Utd or the likes. Maybe Hibs 🤣 they do like a signing

11 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

They’d have a lot in common with Andy’s side who are in the relegation zone.  

Genuinely feel sorry for Andy Irving, by all accounts a really nice lad, good Hearts family 

His agent has a lot to answer for here, I hope he gets his career back on track, if he’s lucky he might get a move to a Dunfermline or Raith, I’m  certain he wished he’d signed that Hearts contract 6 months ago

SomethingAboutObua

He should go to Italy or Spain, somewhere that still suits him rather than arsing about here.

Don't want him back at us 

1 hour ago, CAR said:

Hibs fans seem keen on him but TBH they want anybody at the minute ☺️

40 minutes ago, H2 said:

No, Hibs might be a good club for him

I don't know Andy, but I know about him, and I would say that he would only sign for Hibs as a last resort.  I think he feels the same about Hibs as most Hearts supporters do.

He did his best for Hearts as a player, so we should wish him well.

7 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I don't know Andy, but I know about him, and I would say that he would only sign for Hibs as a last resort.  I think he feels the same about Hibs as most Hearts supporters do.

He did his best for Hearts as a player, so we should wish him well.

He didn't have the chances to do his best, when he did he was a sub the next game. One game we would think he was a player, then he was left out the next. Coming on as a sub when we needed him to start, started him and he had lost confidence due to lack of game time. He is the type who will end up at Ross county then go onto earn a deal with a bigger club. Returning home under the circumstances would get him out of the mire, back into top team football at a level he can show himself off to potential suiters. He may return to us in the future, wouldn't rule it out. If he does that then it will be because he has matured into the player we all thought he would be. No one really knows his level as he is still a young player at 21, the last 6 months of his career have been in the back waters of German Football, he has probably picked up loads of life skills and grown up a lot.

4 hours ago, Macros said:

Poor guy and that but we've made HUGE strides in midfield, he'd be nowhere near a spot now. Not for me.

18 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

He didn't have the chances to do his best, when he did he was a sub the next game. One game we would think he was a player, then he was left out the next. Coming on as a sub when we needed him to start, started him and he had lost confidence due to lack of game time. He is the type who will end up at Ross county then go onto earn a deal with a bigger club. Returning home under the circumstances would get him out of the mire, back into top team football at a level he can show himself off to potential suiters. He may return to us in the future, wouldn't rule it out. If he does that then it will be because he has matured into the player we all thought he would be. No one really knows his level as he is still a young player at 21, the last 6 months of his career have been in the back waters of German Football, he has probably picked up loads of life skills and grown up a lot.

I must have missed all that. 

I remember he scored a goal before he left though. 😕 

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

I must have missed all that. 

I remember he scored a goal before he left though. 😕 

That is how i remember things, Andy should be with Us is the point though. Not stuck where he has been for the last 6 months. It is done now, people will have their own  thoughts on how they saw his career with Us. He was breaking into the side when things went tits up, Covid. This could go on and on and on... 

8 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

That is how i remember things, Andy should be with Us is the point though. Not stuck where he has been for the last 6 months. It is done now, people will have their own  thoughts on how they saw his career with Us. He was breaking into the side when things went tits up, Covid. This could go on and on and on... 

He had the chance to stay but chose a move elsewhere. Life’s all about decisions and hopefully he’s happy with his. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

He had the chance to stay but chose a move elsewhere. Life’s all about decisions and hopefully he’s happy with his. 

Surely he was advised, why would a young player move to such a low level. He had a part in our then squad, not sure Dave.

Seems off to me, he will be enjoying his life style. That is about as great as it will get for Andy, doesn't seem to be a happy place in his career though. That can change quickly though, he has the talent. Another topic we can all get stuck on, what If. I am not judging Andy on this, i do not know the inner story. Just an onlooker who had a bit of admiration for a young Hearts player, good luck to him.

1 minute ago, Factuer Moi said:

Surely he was advised, why would a young player move to such a low level. He had a part in our then squad, not sure Dave.

Seems off to me, he will be enjoying his life style. That is about as great as it will get for Andy, doesn't seem to be a happy place in his career though. That can change quickly though, he has the talent. Another topic we can all get stuck on, what If. I am not judging Andy on this, i do not know the inner story. Just an onlooker who had a bit of admiration for a young Hearts player, good luck to him.

I was certainly happy for him to stay. Lots of folk get advised but whether it was good or bad advice is another matter. 🤷‍♂️

Just now, davemclaren said:

I was certainly happy for him to stay. Lots of folk get advised but whether it was good or bad advice is another matter. 🤷‍♂️

It looks bad, the only person that will know is Andy. 

37 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Most of them?

Kaiserslautern would probably pump anyone not in the current Top 4.

Cracking stadium for 3. Liga too!

1280px-FIFA-Fritz-Walter-Stadion01.JPG

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Nice ground but they are in the 3rd for a reason, no?

3 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Genuinely feel sorry for Andy Irving, by all accounts a really nice lad, good Hearts family 

His agent has a lot to answer for here, I hope he gets his career back on track, if he’s lucky he might get a move to a Dunfermline or Raith, I’m  certain he wished he’d signed that Hearts contract 6 months ago

He had plenty chances to stay so thats on him. Much as I like to see our own develop and wanted him to stay at the time the team has passed him by and some.

Doctor FinnBarr
4 hours ago, tian447 said:

Is that how far they've dropped? Top league and even Europe not so long ago.

Think the lad has been let down by his agent big time . Playing in that olimpia stadion with next to nobody there must be totally surreal . I thought they were sharing the grunwalder stadion with 1860 munchen ? 

10 hours ago, tian447 said:

Nice stadium, however the club has been a mess for a while and narrowly avoided relegation to the 4th tier in recent seasons.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )