Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )

His name is

Салатные палочки
2 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Looks piss boring. 

Oh aye, I hate chilling on a sun lounger, getting a tan, supping a pint by the pool, forgetting my cares and worries for a week or two. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Rogue Daddy

• John Findlay

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Salad Fingers said:

Oh aye, I hate chilling on a sun lounger, getting a tan, supping a pint by the pool, forgetting my cares and worries for a week or two. 

What with loads of fat lads, where are all the women . None. Boring shite.

Салатные палочки
3 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

What with loads of fat lads, where are all the women . None. Boring shite.

:laugh: Sorry, I didn't think I had to clarify that I wasn't actually jealous of not being there with the Celtic team. If I'm with my family I'm not really arsed about the guy to girl ratio of the hotel. 

15 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

Just saw this, seemingly not from their hotel but a local sports bar !

1CCB4C12-2C8F-4A31-B963-BD4114D614F6.jpeg

Seemingly the sports bar is called shades , think it’s actually in the hotel complex, but definitely members of the public mixing close to them.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

:laugh: Sorry, I didn't think I had to clarify that I wasn't actually jealous of not being there with the Celtic team. If I'm with my family I'm not really arsed about the guy to girl ratio of the hotel. 

It is always the things never said , that make the most sense. That picture is the reason not to want to be there, if that was our side they would be sparkled out on the ground. Steamin.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

15 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

It is more the fact we may not be able to come back easily, not had the easiest of times.

Hopefully things fall the way you need them too. 👍🏻

8 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

It is always the things never said , that make the most sense. That picture is the reason not to want to be there, if that was our side they would be sparkled out on the ground. Steamin.

Na we only do that before games on New Years Day 😉

Edited by sadj

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Hopefully things fall the way you need them too. 👍🏻

It isn't so bad right now, the child is home schooled since September. Her school has been really great for her.

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Na we only do that before games on New Years Day 😉

Those are the days worth living, i remember going to a new years at Fester road. Was staying in Murrayburn gardens with a leg spreader.  My mate drove there and had a puddle plash on some vermin. Got closer to the ground and noticed not much  fans. Game cancelled. Drunk driving should be banned.

Some good Nights out in Dubai actually. Don’t  buy this dry state shit, it’s quite westernised 

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Some good Nights out in Dubai actually. Don’t  buy this dry state shit, it’s quite westernised 

It’s a quality place, just don’t act like a bellend and all is fine 

26 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

IMG_20210103_215026.jpg

I think it is a huge slap in the face to their fans and the rest of Scottish Football. If they cancel games on their return due to players having Covid then I hope the SG take action as the SFA will probably do nothing. Also - What happens if the UAE gets added to the travel ban list? 

• redm changed the title to Celtic’s Dubai Training Camp
Psychedelicropcircle
51 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Of what ?

No being stuck in his gaff permanently I suppose!

25 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

It isn't so bad right now, the child is home schooled since September. Her school has been really great for her.

Thats good mate , glad shes settled , saw people moaning on here about schools being opened and closed like yo yos. While i get the point they are making our government is saying they are safe. Just this morning he reiterated it. Leaves authorities having to try and balance the education and safety with no direction. My boy is autistic so its not been fun for him by all accounts.

21 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Those are the days worth living, i remember going to a new years at Fester road. Was staying in Murrayburn gardens with a leg spreader.  My mate drove there and had a puddle plash on some vermin. Got closer to the ground and noticed not much  fans. Game cancelled. Drunk driving should be banned.

Superb , shame our team joined in one particular day....

Gorgie Boot boy
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats good mate , glad shes settled , saw people moaning on here about schools being opened and closed like yo yos. While i get the point they are making our government is saying they are safe. Just this morning he reiterated it. Leaves authorities having to try and balance the education and safety with no direction. My boy is autistic so its not been fun for him by all accounts.

We never enrolled her in Scotland, the wee girl speaks perfectly good Scottish. Misses her pals and our home in Norway. Only moaner is me. I personally think it is all a massive scam.  Happy days ahead for your wee lad mate, never easy.

Yeah i looked at it and thought,wait a minute that looks like a wee girl.

Duh.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

Doctor FinnBarr
23 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Never been to Dubai, bet the beer is shit compared to Molenbeek

John Findlay
1 hour ago, everton_jambo said:

Seems bonkers this is allowed. Mixing outside the secure bubble too by the looks of the pics.

Seem to remember they moved a game with Hibs to accommodate this

A week tomorrow the 11th and its live on Sky.

John Findlay
24 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s a quality place, just don’t act like a bellend and all is fine 

Agreed although the last time I was there was 1989. Unlike its neighbour Saudi Arabia, the UAE is not dry, neither are Bahrain or Oman.

8 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Never been to Dubai, bet the beer is shit compared to Molenbeek

No just about the beer in Dubai 

Everything is available lol

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, BelgeJambo said:

No just about the beer in Dubai 

Everything is available lol

Exactly previous point.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Celtic will be fine after pictures of their training session tomorrow. 

yep.. news will already have reached them about pics and their story will be ready as welll

Edited by Hearts007

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Dont blame you , tbh iv not seen much on Scandinavian takes on covid but did see Sweden was changing its approach. Wrong thread but a complete travel ban or similar to Singapore should have been put in place at the beginning. 

We wouldn’t at all. Is that wives or gfs with them , staff or just public? Whatever is said its absolutely stupid. SG - we advise no travel , Celtic - ok we’ll still go to Dubai 🤪

Denmark have handled this pandemic very well (imo). I was over at the In-Laws in September and most of the time you wouldn't have known. Was supposed to be over at the beginning of Dec and also just now but due to flight cancellations and the Danish authorities counter measures with the new strain it hasn't been possible, which is obviously heart breaking for my wife and her parents, who haven't had much of a chance to see their Grand Daughter. 

In regards to the topic, I'm not concerned about them returning given the safe systems in place in the UAE, it's more how the hell they circumnavigated the quarantine laws so they can be bounding about with the general population!! My brother moved over to Qatar in the summer and he had to jump through hoops (excuse the pun) to get there and abide by the quarantine regulations. Also, as a side note, these countries are far from "Dry", my brother is constantly What's App'ing from the Irish Boozer on a Thursday and Friday night. So long as you are in your designated area and keep a low profile the authorities won't bother you, but do not test them or you are appearing on an episode of Banged Up Abroad in a dingy cramped cell, after having your 10 lashes. 

Edited by Fraggle

17 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Denmark have handled this pandemic very well (imo). I was over at the In-Laws in September and most of the time you wouldn't have known. Was supposed to be over at the beginning of Dec and also just now but due to flight cancellations and the Danish authorities counter measures with the new strain it hasn't been possible, which is obviously heart breaking for my wife and her parents, who haven't had much of a chance to see their Grand Daughter. 

In regards to the topic, I'm not concerned about them returning given the safe systems in place in the UAE, it's more how the hell they circumnavigated the quarantine laws so they can be bounding about with the general population!! My brother moved over to Qatar in the summer and he had to jump through hoops (excuse the pun) to get there and abide by the quarantine regulations. Also, as a side note, these countries are far from "Dry", my brother is constantly What's App'ing from the Irish Boozer on a Thursday and Friday night. So long as you are in your designated area and keep a low profile the authorities won't bother you, but do not test them or you are appearing on an episode of Banged Up Abroad in a dingy cramped cell, after having your 10 lashes. 

My brother flies from Belfast to Dubai for work (welder), with Amsterdam stop off.

4 days self isolation in hotels in both Amsterdam and Dubai, with testing in both countries before being allowed to join his work bubble.

He says a pint is quite expensive but they now have BOGOF so works out at only 5 and a half quid a pint.

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Celtic will be fine after pictures of their training session tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

yep.. news will already have reached them about pics and their story will be ready as welll

In Scotland you can have a few pints during this pandemic as long as it is done within the tier 4 rules.

However there are certain other guidelines and some rules that Celtic FC may be in breach of. I am sure they will claim that they have gone to Dubai for their work but this may not look good as they are only training and not playing a Club critical game.

I suspect the SG will look dimly on this and may well be persuaded to issue Celtic and possibly the SPFL the 1st Red Card, they are after all already on a Yellow. 

Travelling back from the UAE does not currently require you to self isolate for the require number of 10 (I think) days . But it may not be too difficult for the SG to change this at short notice. 

6 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

It’s completely irresponsible to go to a training camp abroad when there’s absolutely no reason to and not only that it’s incredibly crass given the entire country is in lockdown pretty much. 

Just another example of the privileged thinking they’re different. 

100% bang on the money. On sunloungers drinking pints in the sun when it’s tier4 here. 
And remember their game was moved v Hibs because of this with nobody from the SPFL contacting Hibs. They were just telt. Obviously because  Lawwell as we know runs the SPFL

alwaysthereinspirit
9 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

In Scotland you can have a few pints during this pandemic as long as it is done within the tier 4 rules.

However there are certain other guidelines and some rules that Celtic FC may be in breach of. I am sure they will claim that they have gone to Dubai for their work but this may not look good as they are only training and not playing a Club critical game.

I suspect the SG will look dimly on this and may well be persuaded to issue Celtic and possibly the SPFL the 1st Red Card, they are after all already on a Yellow. 

Travelling back from the UAE does not currently require you to self isolate for the require number of 10 (I think) days . But it may not be too difficult for the SG to change this at short notice. 

Not much chance of the SG ever saying or doing anything against either one of the Bum cheeks. 
I would love to be proven wrong though.

Whatever they say about it,   it's a PR own goal.   Public opinion of this will be pretty scathing.   Tyson Fury posted a holiday pick from the States and was getting a hard time in the media today as it happens tone deaf blah blah).  As far as Celtic are concerned,   it's been a very poor decision and completely unnecessary too. 

Wonder if the hobo's will have the bottle to refuse to play them or just do the usual and take the Celtic boaby

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

If this was Hearts i'd be absolutely fuming. 

Chucked the league and then off for a jolly. 

It’s hilarious .  Here lads have a few days in 5* luxury away from covid laced Scotland. Enjoy yerselves after being properly buggered by our arch rivals 🤣🤣

indianajones
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

It’s hilarious .  Here lads have a few days in 5* luxury away from covid laced Scotland. Enjoy yerselves after being properly buggered by our arch rivals 🤣🤣

Its excellent for us looking in. Couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of scumbags. 

Can’t really blame them for escaping to the sun......it’s 19 below for them in Glasgow.

Edited by DH1986

7 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Can’t really blame them for escaping to the sun......it’s 19 below for them in Glasgow.

🤣🤣🤣

• davemclaren changed the title to Celtic’s Dubai Trip - player covid positive ( merged )