*** the official Heart of Midlothian v Dundee (the Judas *****) ***

Psychedelicropcircle

31 minutes ago, Archie White said:

Actually, I think we will complete pretty well in the top flight next season. What we must not forget is that although we have a pretty poor squad, the quality level of the top flight is the worst I've seen in years and that's saying something. We've already beaten one top 4 side this season and only lost to another on penalties so our crappy team will fit right in. 

Jeez I hope Budge doesn’t share your opinion! 😳

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

• neilnunb

Slept on it and having stepped back from the game disappointment once we have Smith Boyce and Gino back along with some new signings hopefully we can move on. Said earlier this team can produce but it seems like it an effort to get their attitude right.

Edited by Turkishcap
Spelling

3 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Slept on it and having stepped back from the game disappointment once we have Smith Boyce and Gino back along with some new signings hopefully we can move on. Said earlier this team can produce but it seems like it an effort to get their attitude right.

Neilson’s attitude in away games needs to change!

Ex member of the SaS
30 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

We (well most of us) just knew Neilson would play Wighton up front in splendid isolation! 

I too stated in another thread he SHOULD play two up but won't. We can all see the problem but he makes the same calls time and time again. He either has to change or we need to start thinking about another manager for next season. I like Robbie but if he can't see his mistakes then he must move on.

29 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Their means of winning is the same as last season. Press us high because we don’t have the pace to counter effectively. I’m going to stop mentioning this now because I must sound like a broken record but to me it’s so obvious.  

Me too!

9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Neilson’s attitude in away games needs to change!

He’s a Levein clone, he will never change and that’s why Levein always touted Robbie for the job here.

we are soft as shite as a club all over and it won’t change anytime soon with mr monotone in charge 

Still can't believe how poor unorganised and gutless that performance was last night.

Players without a clue as to what the should be doing.

Professionals only putting in 45 minutes? 

It will be more of the same at Hamilton and Paisley next season if we go up.

The Dundee lads looked eager to impress while we were a lazy disorganised shambles.

But somehow it was the officials fault again?

Seymour M Hersh
45 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Dundee set the tone when Naismith was clattered , we should’ve done exactly the same at the very next opportunity , unfortunately our players can’t or won’t reciprocate the challenge . 
I accept there are games we will lose either to bad luck or just being outplayed,

I will never accept us getting beat without putting in 100% effort in every minute of every game , we did not apply that in the first half .

They would have received a red card and put us down to 10 men. No way that ref wouldn't have just gone yellow for a retribution hit. 

5 minutes ago, Australis said:

Still can't believe how poor unorganised and gutless that performance was last night.

The Dundee lads looked eager to impress while we were a lazy disorganised shambles.

If we start blaming the referee for that shambles we have lost the plot!!

It was a funny game.  Just watched it, did the old likely lads routine.

We were terrible first half but credit to Dundee, our boys didn't have a second on the ball. We had no out ball either so it was relentless for that first 30 kins. They created exactly two chances and scored three goals!

Even with how bad we were, we could have scored 5 or 6 and should have scored 3 easily.

They should have been down to 10 and Adam should have been booked way earlier but was allowed to constantly foul to try to stop Irving, who again did well.

We were missing arguably our 3 most important players (tho Brandon did well). Its abundantly clear that we have no deputy for Ginelly. Its also abundantly clear that playing Wighton up front with no one within 30 yards of him isn't a very good idea.

After 5/10 mins when it was clear that passing from the back thru midfield want an option, Naismith and Walker should have been sent up top beside Wighton and we should have gone long intentionally even just for 10 mins. Play for territory and take their sting out. Play our way in from there. I was bawling at the team from my sofa for that.

Neither are world beaters, but I fail to see how Moore or Hendo would make our team worse when Gino is out.

So, we were terrible, so was the ref. You couldn't say we deserved to win, but looking coldly, we should have won or at least drawn. Two amazing crosses from Adam basically won the game.

13 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

If we start blaming the referee for that shambles we have lost the plot!!

The ref was terrible. If he wasn’t we might’ve got something from the game, even though we were shite. 

12 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

The football side was supposed to be built on an ethos of progression and we have been nothing but reactionary since.   Nearly another whole team needed.  When is Budge and the board going to take some responsibility for all their mistakes?  

Promised a new director of football before a manager and she then goes and gets neilson before telling stendel or broadening her search to see what all the option were. 

There are fundamental reasons for where we are and how we play.   

We have been getting progressively worse season on season for about the last 4 years - not the progression we would have hoped for but progression nonetheless. It was bad enough when we were shite away from home in the top flight but to still be shite away from home in the Championship is an absolute embarrassment. 

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The ref was terrible. If he wasn’t we might’ve got something from the game, even though we were shite. 

Apart from not giving the Dundee player a red what else did he get wrong?

16 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

We were terrible first half but credit to Dundee, our boys didn't have a second on the ball. We had no out ball either so it was relentless for that first 30 kins. They created exactly two chances and scored three goals!

Even with how bad we were, we could have scored 5 or 6 and should have scored 3 easily.

They should have been down to 10 and Adam should have been booked way earlier but was allowed to constantly foul to try to stop Irving, who again did well.

We were missing arguably our 3 most important players (tho Brandon did well). Its abundantly clear that we have no deputy for Ginelly. Its also abundantly clear that playing Wighton up front with no one within 30 yards of him isn't a very good idea.

After 5/10 mins when it was clear that passing from the back thru midfield want an option, Naismith and Walker should have been sent up top beside Wighton and we should have gone long intentionally even just for 10 mins. Play for territory and take their sting out. Play our way in from there. I was bawling at the team from my sofa for that.

Neither are world beaters, but I fail to see how Moore or Hendo would make our team worse when Gino is out.

So, we were terrible, so was the ref. You couldn't say we deserved to win, but looking coldly, we should have won or at least drawn. Two amazing crosses from Adam basically won the game.

They created exactly two chances? Did you miss Gordon’s point blank save and the one from Adams free kick?

7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Apart from not giving the Dundee player a red what else did he get wrong?

A red card is kind of a big deal. Adam should’ve been booked much earlier. Brandon was fouled on the edge of the box. Wighton was called offside when he was on. 

3fingersreid
42 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

They would have received a red card and put us down to 10 men. No way that ref wouldn't have just gone yellow for a retribution hit. 

We had 89 mins to be clever and hit him hard but didn’t 😡

As to the referee he better be ready to award lots of pens for pulling at corners and set pieces , Adam had 5 or 6 fouls before getting booked , very poor performance from the referee last night , almost as bad as the teams 😡

The Apprentice

Having Walker in the team is playing with a man down more often than not. When he first came back I thought he looked decent and as if he had a point to prove before he got injured, but he is the most infuriating player to watch. The only thing he guarantees is giving away needless, niggly fouls throughout a game and you can tell straight away if he’s in the mood for it or not. 

Should have had a red card.

Didn't think it was a penalty.

And none of it matters because we were a ****ing shambles.

Better get our shit together quickly because that has been coming. Shipping too many soft goals.

Just now, The Apprentice said:

Having Walker in the team is playing with a man down more often than not. When he first came back I thought he looked decent and as if he had a point to prove before he got injured, but he is the most infuriating player to watch. The only thing he guarantees is giving away needless, niggly fouls throughout a game and you can tell straight away if he’s in the mood for it or not. 

Agree with the above.

It was telling that a fortnight ago today his sole contribution to the biggest game he will ever play in his sadly limited career was the trademark yellow card for the obvious foul. Apart from that, he was an empty shirt.

As a fan, when you see a lineup before a game, you want to see some sort of glimmer of a route to score some goals but it was a defeat before the game started last night. No width, no creativity, no pace, no players with any craft or urgency.. There’s not a single team in this division that we shouldn’t be set up to attack. He signed 3 wingers in the summer, Henderson & Moore are still here and he doesn’t select a single one of them. 

We got over run by a 35 year old that looks like uncle fester who could barely run when he 21, never mind 35!

Jambo in Bathgate
42 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

This, and Haring was off his game last night. He could have stopped the second cross by Adam even at the cost of a yellow. Also Hamilton and McGee chose last night to have good games for Dundee. Ginnelly will be back tomorrow and transfer window opens.

Seymour M Hersh
18 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

We had 89 mins to be clever and hit him hard but didn’t 😡

As to the referee he better be ready to award lots of pens for pulling at corners and set pieces , Adam had 5 or 6 fouls before getting booked , very poor performance from the referee last night , almost as bad as the teams 😡

My reply was to your "at the next opportunity" bit. 

3fingersreid
Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

My reply was to your "at the next opportunity" bit. 

I get that mate , but the opportunity doesn’t have to be immediate , just be clever with it 😉

1 hour ago, Australis said:

Never mind Hamilton and St Mirren. They would destroy this team. 
It’s Inverness, Raith and Ayr we should worry about. We won’t win at any of these grounds with this shower of shite team!!! Truly embarrassing. 

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I get that mate , but the opportunity doesn’t have to be immediate , just be clever with it 😉

I wouldn't disagree with that. Note to self don't take 3fingers literally. :lol:

25 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

Completely anonymous last night, didn't look interested and played as a defensive mid , either by accident or design. Never wanted him back and will be delighted when he's gone. 

3fingersreid
23 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I wouldn't disagree with that. Note to self don't take 3fingers literally. :lol:

That’s the best way 😂😂 or ignore me as the wife does 😡

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

They created exactly two chances? Did you miss Gordon’s point blank save and the one from Adams free kick?

Erm I actually might have missed Gordon's save! The bairn was a bit demanding, I was on restarting Peppa duty!

53 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Should have had a red card.

Didn't think it was a penalty.

And none of it matters because we were a ****ing shambles.

Better get our shit together quickly because that has been coming. Shipping too many soft goals.

It was a red card.  There was two fouls on them for the penalty. 

If ever there was a game we should have been up for from the off it was this one. After their u turn, and the consequences it had for us, I expected us to fight them like feck in their back yard. RN has stated he and the players were using the anger of what happened last year as motivation, did anyone see any evidence of that last night?

Bottle merchants, the fecking lot of them.

8 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

It was a red card.  There was two fouls on them for the penalty. 

CG also took Sow out of the game in the box when Berra was trying to clear the ball. Stonewall penalty - not given. 

Trying to blame the ref - like RN always does after a defeat - is clutching at straws. 

15 minutes ago, iainmac said:

CG also took Sow out of the game in the box when Berra was trying to clear the ball. Stonewall penalty - not given. 

Trying to blame the ref - like RN always does after a defeat - is clutching at straws. 

Embarrassing for Robbie to look for excuses rather than look at his sit Inn boring style of play. The guy obviously has no access to a mirror. 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, chazza74 said:

We definitely need more energy and legs in the midfield, I don’t know what’s happened to McGill, he must be worth a run in the team , instead we have losers like frear and roberts on the bench

A bit like the last few seasons, a youngster comes in and does well then disappears in favour of non-triers  like the two you’ve mentioned. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

A red card is kind of a big deal. Adam should’ve been booked much earlier. Brandon was fouled on the edge of the box. Wighton was called offside when he was on. 

So apart from the red card issue there was no big game changer. Blaming the referee for that shambolic performance from our manager and players is nonsense!

51 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Erm I actually might have missed Gordon's save! The bairn was a bit demanding, I was on restarting Peppa duty!

😂👍

2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

He’s a Levein clone, he will never change and that’s why Levein always touted Robbie for the job here.

we are soft as shite as a club all over and it won’t change anytime soon with mr monotone in charge 

Lovely parting gift from CL.

Stayed off here last night as i was fuming. Had time to calm down yet still unhappy with the play during the game. Said way before the kick-off that my heart says Hearts will win but head said Dundee will.

The game panned out as i expected it to. No drive, lack of movement and no-one close to Wighton upfront. A fairly typical away game where the coaches haven't a clue how to approach it. They got in our faces, we let them. Adam, as i said, was the danger although Sow was quieter than i expected. Someone needs to take responsibility on the pitch like against Ayr last week when they got into the game. Berra decided he was getting forward on the left and stuck a cross in for one of the goals. Someone talking responsibility.  No-one did in this one. And it will keep happening at away games throughout the season due to lack of knowledge on how to approach these games. We have a 5 point advantage at the moment plus  a game in hand. Could've been eight points but we have to win the game in hand. I don't fancy our chances up at Raith, Inverness and another at Dunfermline. And we can't accept dropping any points at Tynecastle whatsoever. Hopefully there's one or two coming in the transfer window because right now we're going to drop points all over the place which is of no surprise to me with the way we set up.

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

😮

10 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

So apart from the red card issue there was no big game changer. Blaming the referee for that shambolic performance from our manager and players is nonsense!

You are an obstinate lunatic at times 🤣🤣 No one is blaming the referee for our performance , give it up. People are saying he was awful and had a part to play in the direction of the game. That is not in doubt. Would you rather Robbie threw the players under the bus in public? 

19 minutes ago, sadj said:

You are an obstinate lunatic at times 🤣🤣 No one is blaming the referee for our performance , give it up. People are saying he was awful and had a part to play in the direction of the game. That is not in doubt. Would you rather Robbie threw the players under the bus in public? 

I would rather he came out and said they were terrible first half and question why we didn’t look up for it telling them that they’re all playing for their places.

if they are too precious to take a bit of criticism (Robbie i include in this also) I suggest they’re in the wrong job.

26 minutes ago, sadj said:

I’d rather he just told the truth.

upgotheheads
43 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Stayed off here last night as i was fuming. Had time to calm down yet still unhappy with the play during the game. Said way before the kick-off that my heart says Hearts will win but head said Dundee will.

The game panned out as i expected it to. No drive, lack of movement and no-one close to Wighton upfront. A fairly typical away game where the coaches haven't a clue how to approach it. They got in our faces, we let them. Adam, as i said, was the danger although Sow was quieter than i expected. Someone needs to take responsibility on the pitch like against Ayr last week when they got into the game. Berra decided he was getting forward on the left and stuck a cross in for one of the goals. Someone talking responsibility.  No-one did in this one. And it will keep happening at away games throughout the season due to lack of knowledge on how to approach these games. We have a 5 point advantage at the moment plus  a game in hand. Could've been eight points but we have to win the game in hand. I don't fancy our chances up at Raith, Inverness and another at Dunfermline. And we can't accept dropping any points at Tynecastle whatsoever. Hopefully there's one or two coming in the transfer window because right now we're going to drop points all over the place which is of no surprise to me with the way we set up.

Yup. The midfield was hopeless in the first half with Walker and Haring. Haring doesn't look fit and Walker doesn't look interested. Maybe we should put a youngster with something to prove  for games like this away from home. Irving should start ahead of Walker every time, and Henderson looked good when he came on. I would even try Brandon at left midfield, he was way ahead of Walker last night.

13 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Especially when you say the same shite after each loss (Dunfermline and Alloa too) it becomes a lot less effective. 

20 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

24 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I would rather he came out and said they were terrible first half and question why we didn’t look up for it telling them that they’re all playing for their places.

if they are too precious to take a bit of criticism (Robbie i include in this also) I suggest they’re in the wrong job.

I will tell you now in private they will all be being told that and will have been ripped into. In public nope , dont agree with throwing players under the bus , footballers are footballers and in the public eye but they are no different to you or I. 

Do you want your boss to take you outside after your next shift , call a press conference and tell the world you performed absolute shit and deserve to be strung up and/or put in front of a firing squad. What would that achieve apart from belittling you , humiliating you and keeping the odd person whos pissed off at you happy. Will it improve your performance at work? Id suggest the answer is no.

You want to hear the right things and that is fair enough but its just not imo the correct way to deal with things. I know how I would react but others wouldn’t and don’t

7 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Yup. The midfield was hopeless in the first half with Walker and Haring. Haring doesn't look fit and Walker doesn't look interested. Maybe we should put a youngster with something to prove  for games like this away from home. Irving should start ahead of Walker every time, and Henderson looked good when he came on. I would even try Brandon at left midfield, he was way ahead of Walker last night.

Thing is...that's what you have a squad for. To give players a rest and give others a chance to contribute. Moore was starting to turn it around under Stendel and since Neilson came back, he's been out the picture in favour of Roberts and even worse...Frear. I've said we should be looking at getting O'Donnell in to challenge Smith at right-back as Brandon hasn't been in the picture either. Thought he did ok last night considering his lack of appearances but long-term he'll not cut it at top level. As for Walker...the guy that downed tools the first time he was here when he hears that Rangers 2012 were interested is back at Hearts as he failed down south. Don't recall a massive stampede in Scotland for his signature. Him, along with Wighton appear to play with their heads down and aren't vocal with their team-mates at all. Walker will get a goal but he never seems all that motivated. The Haring thing is a bit strange. Started quite well this season and Neilson said he was going to bring him in sparingly. Was surprised that he's started as many games as he has and maybe it was one game too many. His form has dipped so needs replaced at the moment anyway. Hope there's a couple of players coming in and half a dozen at least on the way out.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

I will tell you now in private they will all be being told that and will have been ripped into. In public nope , dont agree with throwing players under the bus , footballers are footballers and in the public eye but they are no different to you or I. 

Do you want your boss to take you outside after your next shift , call a press conference and tell the world you performed absolute shit and deserve to be strung up and/or put in front of a firing squad. What would that achieve apart from belittling you , humiliating you and keeping the odd person whos pissed off at you happy. Will it improve your performance at work? Id suggest the answer is no.

You want to hear the right things and that is fair enough but its just not imo the correct way to deal with things. I know how I would react but others wouldn’t and don’t

I get what you’re saying but the nicey nicey approach hasn’t worked recently.

jamie walker hasn’t broke out of a trot and had the heart of a mouse.

Roberts tip toes about the park and is just lazy imo

frear is just not a footballer.

So whilst I hope they are individually getting a rollicking behind the scenes it would seem some are just putting their fingers in their ears to Robbie.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 minutes ago, sadj said:

Bollocks. Neilson is as into the excuse culture as everyone else at Hearts. Levein was a specialist at it. Budge is a natural excuse maker too.

Everything at Hearts stinks of Levein and Budge. Savage is a welcome appointment but Neilson, Budge and a big group of these players need to go because they’re infecting us with their mediocrity every single day. 

We’re a club with no competitive standards, no accountability at the top and no meaningful ambition. If that’s okay with you then fine, just say it. But don’t pretend that Robbie is reading the riot act in the background because I’m telling you now, he ****ing ain’t

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

I get what you’re saying but the nicey nicey approach hasn’t worked recently.

jamie walker hasn’t broke out of a trot and had the heart of a mouse.

Roberts tip toes about the park and is just lazy imo

frear is just not a footballer.

So whilst I hope they are individually getting a rollicking behind the scenes it would seem some are just putting their fingers in their ears to Robbie.

Quite possibly. Footballers = ego trips on legs at times. Its managing them. Maybe Crawford and Neilson had a better balance as a team than Elbows and Neilson do. Maybe the lads were younger so were more willing to listen , I know what Robbie wants and expects from the team. There is no way he will accept that performance yesterday and tell them in private its ok it was the refs fault 👍🏻

3 hours ago, Australis said:

Neilson trying to blame the ref is embarrassing. 

He was crap yes, but he should have a look at that pathetic first half performance to see where the blame lies. 

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Bollocks. Neilson is as into the excuse culture as everyone else at Hearts. Levein was a specialist at it. Budge is a natural excuse maker too.

Everything at Hearts stinks of Levein and Budge. Savage is a welcome appointment but Neilson, Budge and a big group of these players need to go because they’re infecting us with their mediocrity every single day. 

We’re a club with no competitive standards, no accountability at the top and no meaningful ambition. If that’s okay with you then fine, just say it. But don’t pretend that Robbie is reading the riot act in the background because I’m telling you now, he ****ing ain’t

Clearly know more than me about the culture inside football and how Robbie operates and what he wants and expects then. Ill leave you to your jumping up and down and shouting as no point trying to debate it with you. I will say however if you think he has no meaningful ambition and anyone inside the club is happy with the place the club is you are very very wrong. Further if you think I accept it you are similarly very mistaken DtD