*** the official Heart of Midlothian v Dundee (the Judas *****) ***

Psychedelicropcircle

2 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

Happy new year sooner she can plant her arse beside the pieman every other Saturday the better

15 minutes ago, smiler said:

An honest assessment there Clerry, and I totally agree with you. 

Ditto

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

• neilnunb

1 minute ago, Fraggle said:

Irving in place of any one of Haring, Lee or Halliday. Moore, Roberts or a road cone in place of Walker. 

Road cone 😂 , feckin correct mate

15 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Several times I seen the ball getting knocked about the final third with Walker playing as a holding midfielder.

He wasn't covering all the time. Recovering more like.

I thought it was just me. It's obvious what he does - but is that what he's really supposed to be doing ? 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You know your stuff unlike a few of them,funny that the, first half we had was very similar to how we played celtic? down by two goals. 

It was all to familiar mate, like a horror film you’re made to watch continually. It’s what I imagine a mild form of PTSD is. 
Teams close us down quickly and we just hoof it, cue the substitution and a bit of chaos in the vain hope of a comeback that rarely works. 

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I thought it was just me. It's obvious what he does - but is that what he's really supposed to be doing ? 

I recovering alky

Pasquale for King
Just now, Candy said:

Walker is most effective coming off the bench.

When the team is winning. 
He isn’t even really shining at this level, another one we need off the wage bill ASAP but has another 18 months. 

2 minutes ago, Candy said:

What bench, cause defo not subs bench. Doesn't matter whether a starter or a sub. One good game in 8/9 at his experience level is dreadful. Think he's thieving a wage at the moment

Edited by gedster

Just now, Candy said:

Walker like like most of our squad. Either finished or just not very good. Another one who should never have been brought back. 

4 minutes ago, TWF said:

Berra directly responsible for the 3 goals lost tonight. Too slow, poor defensive reactions and no longer a good defender. Get rid

Walker or Halliday turns up tonight and Berra cruises through,he’s becoming an easy target,trying to cover every weak spot is going to show all the flaws in a superb ageing servant 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Candy said:

Walker is only effective now against part time opposition like Morton. He’ll knock in a few more goals this season to help us get the points we need but doesn’t have the legs or mentality to play against professionals who have more hunger than he does. 

Mentally he is finished. 

4 minutes ago, Candy said:

He's most effective serving customers at Pets at home. 

Aussie Jambo
10 minutes ago, BammyCammy said:

I think a lot of us are not seeing the full picture we are pumping millions in to the club they have become so complacent and know the money is not drying up regardless of what league we play in how many on here have suffered last year and we still pay our dues to the club to a bunch of self privaliged pub football team shysters with no sense of reality in the real world give me ten grand a week and I'll ****ln kick the shit out of someone on the park just like Charlie adam tried with Irving shades of brown and cochrane there did anybody see the seethe on the big arsed ***** face

Yes. He’s yet another ****ing bully picking on a wee laddie. That missed header by Adam was brutal. He wasn’t going for the ball that’s for sure. He was after him 100%. 

3 minutes ago, maggieb said:

Walker or Halliday turns up tonight and Berra cruises through,he’s becoming an easy target,trying to cover every weak spot is going to show all the flaws in a superb ageing servant 

Currently, merely an ageing servant. Struggling week in and out in this league cause he's done. Sad, absolutely but true. It's retiral in May our out to seed at Airdrie or similar for another year. Thanks for the good years but that is history now and time waits for no man.

Edited by gedster

28 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Has kiwi been locked away somewhere?

@Kiwidoug getting Damour and Djoum mixed up. Bless him.

Easy mistake, one was a footballer the other isn't.

23 minutes ago, rmreido said:

Yep, Halliday, Walker, Haring ....

Walker is done and has been for a while. Think Halliday and haring have been really good all season apart from tonight. Need to cut this crap with 1 upfront. That only works if u have pacy wingers that can score too. Wighton and Boyce have both been made to look pish in this setup. Last week both together looked good until Boyce went off injured. 

When Berra got caught early in the first half trying to run into the Dee half, I had a feeling of foreboding that it was not going to end well.  Dismal stuff.

maroonsgotop
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Walker is only effective now against part time opposition like Morton. He’ll knock in a few more goals this season to help us get the points we need but doesn’t have the legs or mentality to play against professionals who have more hunger than he does. 

Mentally he is finished. 

yup, as I said earlier he seems to hate playing football. He needs to wake up very quickly because it will be over in a flash and then what does he do

1 minute ago, maggieb said:

I think Berra is being overly criticised. He's more than good enough for this tin pot league but he's being left with the ball while others watch him punt it. The midfield tonight were a bunch of shitebags and Berra is carrying the can. As for Halkett, Jesus wept. 

Hard to disagree with most of the comments above about walker.

To clarify, what I meant is that he isn't good enough to start. Given our squad limitations he's still going to be at least on the bench most weeks

9 minutes ago, One five said:

Yes but he ain’t wrong !

Pretty much mate. 

8 minutes ago, BammyCammy said:

thanks all true time to sober up now and face the demons

I get your sentiment mate, I really do.

Fwiw I'm not one of the grammar / punctuation police. 

3 hours ago, sadj said:

Na , if you listen to people on here theres no point turning up we should just give Dundee the three points. Best forgetting again mate

Sadly I did turn up, unfortunately the team didn't.

A typical Robbie away performance.

Was hoping he had learned.

53 minutes ago, SevenTay said:

We always seem to play better when we revert to 2 up front. Wighton had zero service in the 1st half and was taken off only 9 minutes into the 2nd half. Irving coming on and the change of shape made a big difference. Would rather have seen Berra and Walker off for Popescu and Moore to be honest. 

Agreed 

2 minutes ago, Alec Eiffel said:

When Berra got caught early in the first half trying to run into the Dee half, I had a feeling of foreboding that it was not going to end well.  Dismal stuff.

This. 

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I think Berra is being overly criticised. He's more than good enough for this tin pot league but he's being left with the ball while others watch him punt it. The midfield tonight were a bunch of shitebags and Berra is carrying the can. As for Halkett, Jesus wept. 

No . Berra is unable to compete effectively at this level

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He was back to playing those long high balls again too, **** knows who was supposed to be winning them. 

Okay, but because Dundee were pressing us and quicker to the ball, which was more often on the air, he had little time to take it down and pass as all team mates were covered.  Against Arbroath he played well, spraying passes from the back.  Of course Arbroath are not Dundee and didn't put him/us under pressure. 

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was all to familiar mate, like a horror film you’re made to watch continually. It’s what I imagine a mild form of PTSD is. 
Teams close us down quickly and we just hoof it, cue the substitution and a bit of chaos in the vain hope of a comeback that rarely works. 

Yip it’s the same every time. Robbie the master tactician then changes the shape 3 or 4 times in the game to get us back into it. 
Just START the game properly please Hearts. It’s the same every time we go into a big game!!

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, maroonsgotop said:

yup, as I said earlier he seems to hate playing football. He needs to wake up very quickly because it will be over in a flash and then what does he do

Think part of it is the pressure of playing for Hearts. It gets to him. Think a move to Partick or Airdrie or somewhere like that would be absolutely ideal for him, he’d probably be an absolute legend at one of these clubs, because he does have that swashbuckling ability. In lower intensity games he would get that bit of space he needs. 

But mentally, the Hearts shirt is just too much of a burden for him you can see it clearly. He can’t cope with the pressure of the fans and puts in non-performances constantly. 

2 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Which means another levein type transfer window in the summer when we sign another 10 players.  All that was supposed to have stopped 2 years ago.  

Exactly. Our team is still rank rotten and no signs of progress in the football department. 

11 minutes ago, TWF said:

Berra directly responsible for the 3 goals lost tonight. Too slow, poor defensive reactions and no longer a good defender. Get rid

I’m not going to defend Berra for a minute because overall, for a centre back with international experience he was shocking. However the first two goals were due to Kingsleys lack of awareness of runners. The third goal is entirely Berra. 2 players move beyond him to his wrong side when he is sleeping and he pulls one of them back. He does it frequently and every now and again you’ll get a referee that sees it and gives it against you.

I can’t understand why a guy who was sent away from the club for reasons which are obvious , publicly swiping at the club manager before he went, was allowed back to the club, and that’s before you even consider that he’s been done for nearly 2 years now.

I also wondered tonight if we’ve got too many old head players who think they know better and don’t walk out there believing in what the manager has told them to do. Has Neilson got the gravitas and respect to manage a group like we have ? 

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

i agree. Berra has never been good with the ball at his feet, but he is more than capable of passing the ball 10 yards if someone actually demands it off him! He is still a strong dominant centre half who will do a job for us in this league. Slow off the mark these days but he is a better option than popescu from what we seen of him. 

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

I’m not going to defend Berra for a minute because overall, for a centre back with international experience he was shocking. However the first two goals were due to Kingsleys lack of awareness of runners. The third goal is entirely Berra. 2 players move beyond him to his wrong side when he is sleeping and he pulls one of them back. He does it frequently and every now and again you’ll get a referee that sees it and gives it against you.

I can’t understand why a guy who was sent away from the club for reasons which are obvious , publicly swiping at the club manager before he went, was allowed back to the club, and that’s before you even consider that he’s been done for nearly 2 years now.

I also wondered tonight if we’ve got too many old head players who think they know better and don’t walk out there believing in what the manager has told them to do. Has Neilson got the gravitas and respect to manage a group like we have ? 

Good question. 

Berra's made a rod for his own back after all the petted lip, woe is me stuff when Stendel punted him. He got the chance to come back and prove him wrong. He hasn't. He shown Stendel was spot on, sadly.

2 minutes ago, Candy said:

I think we all know Walker was a player but imo to slow now,  yes he can produce a great game but not consistently and to me he falls in the same category as some of our other player’s. For HMFC that Is  just not good enough. We have witnessed this over the years and again imo we seem to except this and I’m as guilty as anyone as once we see a player with that strip on with that historic badge on it we just want to cheer them on and that is the right thing to do .I think we will still win the league but next season imo we need some changes at Tynecastle in more ways than one.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, 5jambo1 said:

i agree. Berra has never been good with the ball at his feet, but he is more than capable of passing the ball 10 yards if someone actually demands it off him! He is still a strong dominant centre half who will do a job for us in this league. Slow off the mark these days but he is a better option than popescu from what we seen of him. 

Can only assume you didn’t watch the game tonight.

Popescu should be starting the next game. And yes he’s shite as well. But Berra was actually that bad tonight it was droppable offence. It was painful to watch a once powerful defender, a total shadow of his former self.

Last few games I’ve hoped he’d at least have enough in the tank to get us through winning the championship, but to be honest I would be looking for a Center half as the top priority in this window  

I tried like a bear to get tonight off work. No joy. Thank ****.

I honestly can’t remember the last time we were decent away from home.

Easter Road last season?

2nd best again in a crunch game.

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, fatjambo said:

Absolute horse shit, never looked liked winning. 

That's a lie. Most of the 2nd half, we looked liked we could turn it around.

That's not an excuse for the incompetence though 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Yip it’s the same every time. Robbie the master tactician then changes the shape 3 or 4 times in the game to get us back into it. 
Just START the game properly please Hearts. It’s the same every time we go into a big game!!

Pretty much. I don’t think you should get much credit for hurriedly changing the tactics you had all week to get right. 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

I tried like a bear to get tonight off work. No joy. Thank ****.

I honestly can’t remember the last time we were decent away from home.

Easter Road last season?

2nd best again in a crunch game.

Easter road isn’t away from home for us, it’s an extra home game. So we need to look further into the past. Our last good away performance was I would say 13 or 14 years ago at Celtic park when andrius velicka got a double in the league cup 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Interesting Robbie has had a pop at Don Robertson. He’ll get a punishment for that and I know most of you will say it’s just deflection but Robbie knows Scottish football and he will know from “football chat” what refs are more likely to be against us or not. Robertson has history with reffing our games I recall.

We weren’t good enough tonight - I accept that - but the ref gave Dundee most calls. It wasn’t a penalty and I’ve only seen the first goal once from the side camera but it looked offside. We’ve also had plenty players sent off for the type of tackle Naismith took early on. And it being early in the game isn’t an excuse - think back to Gomis v Celtic.

I know many will disagree but whilst not playing well tonight the ref did deserve to get called out IMO and I’m glad Robbie did.

Robbie isn’t stupid and knows we need upgrades in the team - and that is being worked on but I like a manager that will have a pop like he has tonight.

I appreciate not many of you will agree - that’s fair enough.

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Interesting Robbie has had a pop at Don Robertson. He’ll get a punishment for that and I know most of you will say it’s just deflection but Robbie knows Scottish football and he will know from “football chat” what refs are more likely to be against us or not. Robertson has history with reffing our games I recall.

We weren’t good enough tonight - I accept that - but the ref gave Dundee most calls. It wasn’t a penalty and I’ve only seen the first goal once from the side camera but it looked offside. We’ve also had plenty players sent off for the type of tackle Naismith took early on. And it being early in the game isn’t an excuse - think back to Gomis v Celtic.

I know many will disagree but whilst not playing well tonight the ref did deserve to get called out IMO and I’m glad Robbie did.

Robbie isn’t stupid and knows we need upgrades in the team - and that is being worked on but I like a manager that will have a pop like he has tonight.

Should we need Dundee to be reduced to 10 men to beat them?

If not, then blaming the ref is deflection.

The penalty, which was a penalty, but even if it wasn't was after we'd already lost the game, we weren't coming back to win at that stage. 

Edited by Taffin

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Easter road isn’t away from home for us, it’s an extra home game. So we need to look further into the past. Our last good away performance was I would say 13 or 14 years ago at Celtic park when andrius velicka got a double in the league cup 

Ah Velicka. One of the much derided Vlad Lith duds. 

MarkDevriesScores4
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

1st goal was definitely onside and Berra nearly had the guy’s jersey off his back so definitely a penalty.

ref wasn’t great but both those decisions were spot on.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Okay, but because Dundee were pressing us and quicker to the ball, which was more often on the air, he had little time to take it down and pass as all team mates were covered.  Against Arbroath he played well, spraying passes from the back.  Of course Arbroath are not Dundee and didn't put him/us under pressure. 

If he can’t do it he shouldn’t be in the team, he’s not good enough to play for us in these types of games. As you say Arbroath at home he’s fine but he’s was finished at a decent level maybe two years ago. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Other than that, Berra kicks the ball

like he has special needs - apologies but he does.

Also, the punt down the middle to make our CBS turn - the main tactic that got Stendel still works against Berra, as it did last years cup final.

It’s like Peirrera to some extent who could pass the ball well but couldn’t do much else a proper keeper could.

Berra can get a head on the ball in the box when set up for it but can’t do much else. He can’t play with his feet, he clearly can’t organise a defence to keep it tight (on field leaders are needed when the coaching stops)