*** the official Heart of Midlothian v Dundee (the Judas *****) ***

Psychedelicropcircle

21 minutes ago, Marriott said:

Can't believe Robbie is blaming the ref, was a def penalty, Berra trademark of pulling the jersey.

Needs to man up and take the blame, signed 3 wide players as he identified that was our problem, never plays the  wide players, brought Berra back, say no more.

Ditches Irving the only midfielder who can ping a pass forward every time we come up against a "big" team too scared to lose (Levein)

We will still win the league, we are not going to romp it, need major surgery if we do....

THIS IN SPADES!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

• neilnunb

2 minutes ago, Jcy110715 said:

I agree. But what is he meant to do, say sorry Robbie I’m not good enough, don’t play me. Ffs the guys bleeds maroon. Worse than him tonight. 

Yep, Halliday, Walker, Haring ....

3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Could have been a red card early on but that wasn’t the reason we lost. Just not good enough. Too many passengers tonight

100%

MarkDevriesScores4

Neilson hasn’t helped himself by pinning the blame on a referee who will no doubt be in charge of more games this season.

the yellow for the early tackle was about right and the penalty was a penalty.

Neilson needs to know when to shut up and accept that the team were outplayed for more than half the game and that’s what cost us.

5 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Got to pray that Savage has players lined up for us before Dunfermline. Can’t believe we need to throw money at getting out the championship.

Would be astonished if he cannot do better than CL or RN, in finding good players.

4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Time to hold my hands up re Walker. Tried supporting the guy when I thought he was unfairly being criticised, however that was another honking performance tonight. He was never the fastest but had the quality to get away from people and always looked to create, now he is just a passenger. Doesn’t look comfortable which you could never aim at him and doesn’t look like he’s going to play through it

An honest assessment there Clerry, and I totally agree with you. 

Rick Sanchez

Several times I seen the ball getting knocked about the final third with Walker playing as a holding midfielder.

He wasn't covering all the time. Recovering more like.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

correct, the invisible man. 

how long is his contract ?

That’s better. 2 years I think. Actually looked better at LB than he has in midfield but thinks he’s Messi. 

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

More to life than football sometimes mate but I echo your sentiments. 

I have a happy life mate it's hearts that try to ruin it lol but wouldn't change it just love being a jambo 

Just now, ford donald said:

Would be astonished if he cannot do better than CL or RN, in finding good players.

He's a scout Alex Neil took down as his pal to Preston.   Lets not get our hopes up unless it can be defined his recommendation is nothing to do with Levein or Murray. 

11 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Have been reminding people that Dundee United lost 5 and drew 5 last season... but still finished 14 points clear. The other teams will take more points off each other than we will drop. Various teams will go on a run but over the full piece Hearts will finish ahead. 

However, no illusions about the scale of the clearout. It is a massive job to get us ready for the premiership.

Remember it’s 9 games less in the season. We really need to make sure we win every home match to be sure as it’s a certainty this team will lose 2 or 3 more on the road. Their mentality and attitude is a disgrace quite frankly given the quality of the opposition. 

Back of the Bus
2 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

certainly does not look like someone who enjoys playing football. It looks a chore to him for some reason

Totally this!

He looks like perpetually like he's had to come in on his day off to cover the shift of someone off sick.

1 minute ago, jamborich said:

I have a happy life mate it's hearts that try to ruin it lol but wouldn't change it just love being a jambo 

Good man!  Again, happy birthday bud. 

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Several times I seen the ball getting knocked about the final third with Walker playing as a holding midfielder.

He wasn't covering all the time. Recovering more like.

He looks like someone pulled of the terracing,to fill in.

Maroon Sailor

Berra has not been the same since he got injured against Celtic and that was a while ago

I remember him getting away with conceding a penalty in the last minute against Partick in the 2019 replay.

He's had his day - he just gets caught out too many times

Edited by Maroon Sailor

7 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Time to hold my hands up re Walker. Tried supporting the guy when I thought he was unfairly being criticised, however that was another honking performance tonight. He was never the fastest but had the quality to get away from people and always looked to create, now he is just a passenger. Doesn’t look comfortable which you could never aim at him and doesn’t look like he’s going to play through it

It's horrible to admit, but him and Berra need to go, no time for sentiment, they've had more than enough chance to prove their worth. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Where are those visionaries tonight?

Please don't encourage them man.  I can't be arsed listening to their deflection shite followed by changing agendas. 

At least Anderson is through in the arrows. 

We basically played Halliday, Haring, Naismith, Lee and Walker all playing in the middle of the park tonight. Getting in each other's way and having no outball out wide. 

Despite overloading the midfield, Dundee were first to every ball and dominated us in the first half.

Bringing on Irving for Haring was the obvious change but he should have started.

Naismith, Lee and Walker were far too deep. I would have put Naismith up front with Wighton and got Moore on the pitch to give us some width. Naismith always dropping deep causes a lot of our problems but Robbie is either happy with it or isn't strong enough to tell him where to play.

We could have got a draw or even a win if Kingsley, Naismith and Henderson had taken their chances. But we didn't deserve it.

The foul in the first minute should have been red. Adam should have been booked for deliberate handball claiming a free kick so could have been off late on.

Halkett will be a good defender for us. Playing alongside Berra has affected his confidence. Bring back Popescu for Berra short term and let Halkett be the organiser again. And sign a better centre half in the window. Livi have several!

Haring sadly is not the player he was. Not sure keeping playing him will help.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Billy Hoyle said:

Remember it’s 9 games less in the season. We really need to make sure we win every home match to be sure as it’s a certainty this team will lose 2 or 3 more on the road. Their mentality and attitude is a disgrace quite frankly given the quality of the opposition. 

Yes they were 14 points clear having played 28 games which is the same length as this season. As I say it’s the other sides taking more points off each other that is giving us the 5 point cushion now, that will be 10-15 points come end of the season. 

Extremely poor performance. The first half was the worst we have played all season, we offered absolutely nothing and mostly worryingly, looked like we lacked hunger and not up for the battle! When teams play against us, it’s like their cup final, teams are desperate to beat us!

I know it gets talked about all the time but we miss pace all over the park. No one that can get the ball and beat a player to make something happen or to just get us 20/30 yards up the park. When you look at us on paper, all good football players but they are all too similar. They all like it to their feet and everything is played in front of the other team which is too easy to play against. 

We also resorted to a lot of long balls which were bread and butter for their defence and not going to work when you have wighton up front. They were often aimless punts, the only long ball that would work With wighton up top would be a ball in the channel for him to use his pace and get them turned but that didnt happen. I think the reason for this tonight was the absence of Irvine, someone to get on the ball and make things happen as he changed it for us in the second half. But even still, that first half was unacceptable. 

I also think it says it all that Roberts and frear didn’t come on (not that I wanted them to) you would expect when you are needing a goal and nothings working on the park, you would look to your attacking options from the bench!? Shows we need at least another wide player with pace in jan and another striking option. 

Could go on and on about every player but no one performed tonight! Berra is having a tough time and becoming a bit of a scapegoat but let’s be honest, he is a much better option than popescu. Tonight also showed how much we miss Boyce. He has had a bit of criticism but he is such a good football player. The difference between him and wighton playing the lone striker role is night and day. 

We need to sort out this away form

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Berra has not been the same since he got injured against Celtic and that was a while ago

I remember him getting away with conceding a penalty in the last minute against Partick in the 2019 replay.

He's had his day - he just gets caught put too many times

He hasn't, no and his injury has done him massively.

As said though, nobody is forcing Robbie to play him when he signed a boy basically because he played good against his Dundee Utd side when he shat the bed against ten men and lost on penalties to a St Mirren team managed by a PE teacher. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Where are those visionaries tonight?

You know your stuff unlike a few of them,funny that the, first half we had was very similar to how we played celtic? down by two goals. 

That was absolutely horrific tonight. Terrible all over the park but a special mention for Jamie Walker. He’s hands down the most unlikeable player I’ve ever seen in maroon. Genuinely never hated one of our own as much as I hate him.

I hate him as much as Ewan Murray and Joel Sked 

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yes they were 14 points clear having played 28 games which is the same length as this season. As I say it’s the other sides taking more points off each other that is giving us the 5 point cushion now, that will be 10-15 points come end of the season. 

Shankland got him the Hearts gig again then.  Ironic considering the amount of people trying to slag off Shankland. 

Just now, 5jambo1 said:

Extremely poor performance. The first half was the worst we have played all season, we offered absolutely nothing and mostly worryingly, looked like we lacked hunger and not up for the battle! When teams play against us, it’s like their cup final, teams are desperate to beat us!

I know it gets talked about all the time but we miss pace all over the park. No one that can get the ball and beat a player to make something happen or to just get us 20/30 yards up the park. When you look at us on paper, all good football players but they are all too similar. They all like it to their feet and everything is played in front of the other team which is too easy to play against. 

We also resorted to a lot of long balls which were bread and butter for their defence and not going to work when you have wighton up front. They were often aimless punts, the only long ball that would work With wighton up top would be a ball in the channel for him to use his pace and get them turned but that didnt happen. I think the reason for this tonight was the absence of Irvine, someone to get on the ball and make things happen as he changed it for us in the second half. But even still, that first half was unacceptable. 

I also think it says it all that Roberts and frear didn’t come on (not that I wanted them to) you would expect when you are needing a goal and nothings working on the park, you would look to your attacking options from the bench!? Shows we need at least another wide player with pace in jan and another striking option. 

Could go on and on about every player but no one performed tonight! Berra is having a tough time and becoming a bit of a scapegoat but let’s be honest, he is a much better option than popescu. Tonight also showed how much we miss Boyce. He has had a bit of criticism but he is such a good football player. The difference between him and wighton playing the lone striker role is night and day. 

We need to sort out this away form

Haven't had pace on the pitch game in game out for years. Probably our biggest failing.

KyleLafferty

I’ve always said to myself if we lose then we learn why we lost and make sure it doesn’t happen again. But tonight and Dunfermline were carbon copies of each other. Football isn’t hard, work harder than the other team and 9 times out of 10 you’ll be win.

Rick Sanchez

Why he didn't goto his pacey athletic wingers on the bench who are great at running at opponents and firing in crosses I'll never know.

Oh wait they're shite. One was good for Forest Green before covid though...must be good.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Shankland got him the Hearts gig again then.  Ironic considering the amount of people trying to slag off Shankland. 

He signed Shankland

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You know your stuff unlike a few of them,funny that the, first half we had was very similar to how we played celtic? down by two goals. 

I'll say it and repeat.  Neilson, sorry "Robbie" is a much better manager than Daniel Stendel will ever be and you know nothing about football.

Jesus, and you're the one that's allowed to get abuse shoved down your throat by some.  

Just now, gedster said:

Haven't had pace on the pitch game in game out for years. Probably our biggest failing.

i know! It’s quite incredible really. 3 or 4 players with bite, hard work and pace will be a good mix with all the good football players we have 

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Halliday played literally 5 seconds of that half. Brandon looks to be the only outfield player even trying...

GUTTED

Didn’t expect anything less from this shower of overpaid losers.  

Tragic mismanagement has left us in this mess. 

I think a lot of us are not seeing the full picture we are pumping millions in to the club they have become so complacent and know the money is not drying up regardless of what league we play in how many on here have suffered last year and we still pay our dues to the club to a bunch of self privaliged pub football team shysters with no sense of reality in the real world give me ten grand a week and I'll ****ln kick the shit out of someone on the park just like Charlie adam tried with Irving shades of brown and cochrane there did anybody see the seethe on the big arsed ***** face

Just now, 5jambo1 said:

i know! It’s quite incredible really. 3 or 4 players with bite, hard work and pace will be a good mix with all the good football players we have 

That starting midfield tonight... constipated would describe their pace, technical ability and speed.... utterly unacceptable, dreadful for us as Hearts. We shouldn't have to accept utter shite

6 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Berra directly responsible for the 3 goals lost tonight. Too slow, poor defensive reactions and no longer a good defender. Get rid

1 minute ago, BammyCammy said:

I think a lot of us are not seeing the full picture we are pumping millions in to the club they have become so complacent and know the money is not drying up regardless of what league we play in how many on here have suffered last year and we still pay our dues to the club to a bunch of self privaliged pub football team shysters with no sense of reality in the real world give me ten grand a week and I'll ****ln kick the shit out of someone on the park just like Charlie adam tried with Irving shades of brown and cochrane there did anybody see the seethe on the big arsed ***** face

That's one big sentence there mate. 

maroonsgotop
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

With no crowds, why is home and away form so different.

because away from home we play with the handbrake on 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He was back to playing those long high balls again too, **** knows who was supposed to be winning them. 

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Eh? Was he not the Dundee United manager in July 2019? 

Asghar signed Shanklank funded by the owners. 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, OldGorgie said:

RN would be better off in post match interviews if he mentioned the lack of effort and determination by the players.

I think that too sometimes. He seems like he tries to protect them and not publicly criticise them. 

But sometimes it is needed. 

57 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Out of interest, with the players available, who would have been better starting ?

Irving in place of any one of Haring, Lee or Halliday. Moore, Roberts or a road cone in place of Walker.