***Official Heart of Midlothian v Celtic Scottish Cup Final 2020 thread***

Swanny17

I'm somewhat ashamed to say I gave us little chance of winning and once we were 2 down it looked like it would be a proper hiding, I'm so proud of the way we fought back and it hurts that we didn't win that, we were so close, let's just enjoy the wins that should come in the Championship, this certainly should be a confidence boost for the players if one was needed!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bazzas right boot

• kila

14 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Best thing we can do now is take all the emotions, the anger from the summer and today and go after the league and cup. No point dwelling on it, need to beat ayr on Boxing Day. It hurts like ****, no one will feel worse than Kingsley and Wighton. We’ve shown today that when we believe In ourselves we can beat the big teams. 

Absolutely agree - the game's gone now and we just need to learn from it. When we kick off our next Scottish cup campaign (very soon) Robbie needs to remind the players how they felt at the end of today's game and to make sure they go one better next year.

The Old Tolbooth
2 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

I remember Jamie hamill missing a pen against cally in the semis of the league cup after scoring 2 to put us 2-1 up. Kingsley never out a foot wrong til that pen. So so gutting 

He was outstanding mate, what a signing he is like, gutted for him missing the pen 

The Old Tolbooth
11 minutes ago, gator said:

I'm somewhat ashamed to say I gave us little chance of winning and once we were 2 down it looked like it would be a proper hiding, I'm so proud of the way we fought back and it hurts that we didn't win that, we were so close, let's just enjoy the wins that should come in the Championship, this certainly should be a confidence boost for the players if one was needed!

You’re not alone mate 

My name is Roy

Guess you have to be a certain age to understand that there was a hearts fan magazine of the same name, "always the bridesmaid".

Grow some more pubes and stop callong me a hibbie

2 minutes ago, My name is Roy said:

Guess you have to be a certain age to understand that there was a hearts fan magazine of the same name, "always the bridesmaid".

Grow some more pubes and stop callong me a hibbie

No; everyone knows that fanzine, just as everyone knows what you are.

:sniff::rattus:

Edited by Auld Reekin'

My name is Roy
6 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

No; everyone knows that fanzine, just as everyone knows what you are.

:sniff::rattus:

Yer arse

Just now, My name is Roy said:

Yer arse

You wish. Either way, just feck off.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
41 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Karma will come, it wasn’t to be they’re stuck with Lennon for longer who knows what extra damage that could cause 

They are utterly atrocious at the minute at the back. Their keeper conor actually had a nightmare game. At fault for two goals regardless of the two penalty saves.  He is 6ft 5 though to be fair. A big presence.

Scott brown was an utter embarrassment.  Given how he acted today, I think he's probably on some substances at the moment. One day he'll wind up the wrong individual.

My name is Roy
1 minute ago, Auld Reekin' said:

You wish. Either way, just feck off.

Done. Sorry for interupting your loathing and wound licking. 

Carry on. 

Just now, My name is Roy said:

Done. Sorry for interupting your loathing and wound licking. 

Carry on. 

:rudi:

husref musemic
1 hour ago, Anything2 said:

And the other 5 times we have won it! Today wasn't a disaster, a missed opportunity, but not a disaster. Aside from the extra baggage that Lennon, Brown, and the quadruple nonsense brings, this feels more like the 4-3 League Cup in 96. 

feels like a disaster to me. success is winning the cup & we were so so close.

Getting gubbed has the same end result as penalties. zip.

we're in no way disgraced today but history will mark us as losers & at best plucky triers. means nothing.

I don't want to have a go at anyone today, but for a while JJ challenged the 'acht well _____' attitude in 98.

1 hour ago, Anything2 said:

And the other 5 times we have won it! Today wasn't a disaster, a missed opportunity, but not a disaster. Aside from the extra baggage that Lennon, Brown, and the quadruple nonsense brings, this feels more like the 4-3 League Cup in 96. 

But what a fantastic GIRFUY winning the cup would have been to Scottish football who cast us aside!

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

But what a fantastic GIRFUY winning the cup would have been to Scottish football who cast us aside!

Absolutely, it would have been up there with one of our best wins. 

53 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

I was trying to see what the prize money is this season but seems swathed in mystery as a Google search reveals nothing. Just another example of the closed doors world of Scottish Football. 

It’s peanuts

7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Agreed it would have been however the performance and result is still a real message only five months after they expelled and forced us to downsize our squad as well as forcing us to shop in Poundland. 

Different Class
4 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

we're in no way disgraced today but history will mark us as losers & at best plucky triers. means nothing.

I don't want to have a go at anyone today, but for a while JJ challenged the 'acht well _____' attitude in 98.

Aye, but 1998 was the pinnacle of a fantastic team who had came close on more than one occasion in the years running up to winning. There's more to come from plenty players in this squad. Their reaction to the result today was as far away from 'ach well' as I can imagine.

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Nothing stopping us winning the next one in just over 4 months time. 

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agreed it would have been however the performance and result is still a real message only five months after they expelled and forced us to downsize our squad as well as forcing us to shop in Poundland. 

I know but I just can’t get out of my mind Naisy lifting that Cup - what a moment that would have been!

8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I know but I just can’t get out of my mind Naisy lifting that Cup - what a moment that would have been!

👍

plus the added joy of watching Scott Browns face as he did it. 

RalphieCifaretto

I'm a Hearts fan from the West of Scotland, and I grew up amongst all my good pals who are Celtic and Rangers fans enjoying every success,  but I am thankful that my Dad drove me and my brother through every 2nd Saturday to Tynecastle for years and years. (I was born in 93 and extremely fortunate to see Hearts life 3 cups in my lifetime).

We went through every emotion today, and at half time I posted a comment disparaging of the performance , but I am so so proud of our performance today. As above, I have been through the most amazing highs (such as 2012) with my Dad and Brother, and even though today was tough, I would not change anything, as my pals take these sort of days for granted, but for our family no matter how high or low it will live with us forever rightly or wrongly, and when those highs come, it makes them oh so sweet.

We will have our day again Jambos. 

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Anyone notice the nick of the Celtic stats guy with the iPad? Pale as ****  with big black eyes, looked like a junkie. 

This guy? Fits the description...

Former Celtic star Frank McGarvey to auction shirt for Glasgow food banks |  Glasgow Times

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Former Celtic star Frank McGarvey to auction shirt for Glasgow food banks |  Glasgow Times

Looked like him, pasty weegie ***** with jet black hair. 

18 minutes ago, Gone said:

I went in a strop after Alloa and Dunfermline but today there was nothing but pride and disappointment. I couldn't have asked for more.

Agreed mate, me too.

My strop was on RN thread. Looked like it was a pop at Robbie, it wasn't.

The fact was although we were winning, but we had been awful in too many games.

The endeavour shown today is the benchmark to put us where we want to be.

1 hour ago, husref musemic said:

JJ had to take us to a few finals before winning. We were a baw hair away from winning today. 

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Different Class said:

Aye, but 1998 was the pinnacle of a fantastic team who had came close on more than one occasion in the years running up to winning. There's more to come from plenty players in this squad. Their reaction to the result today was as far away from 'ach well' as I can imagine.

I agree.

The disappointment of the players, hopefully, will drive them on from here on in. 
Winning the Championship as soon as possible is now the priority. With a bit of luck with the draws, another go at the cup would be nice too.

If we had managed to get over the line today, we would have beaten Hibs, Rangers and Celtic to do it. It would have been a great achievement. 

we got turned over today by a crap celtic team all the same crap apology people on we were Andy White first half gave us a hope when I was pissed and shouting at the telly with the sound off  don't make  excuses the penalties were terrible a two legged dog could have done better time for a clear out I have watched this crap for over sixty years and my heart and liver can't survive any more

Selkirkhmfc1874

Very Harsh! Granted we didn't play well enough first half but 2nd half and extra time we were good and very unlucky not to bring the cup home

Gorgie Boot boy

I may hurt for a long time, no idea yet.

Not hurting much right now, more pissed off we missed chances.

In fact the more the hours go by the more pissy i get.

Hurt though.

Leave that for others like yourself.

3 minutes ago, BammyCammy said:

we got turned over today by a crap celtic team all the same crap apology people on we were Andy White first half gave us a hope when I was pissed and shouting at the telly with the sound off  don't make  excuses the penalties were terrible a two legged dog could have done better time for a clear out I have watched this crap for over sixty years and my heart and liver can't survive any more

That, is an incredible post.

It really, to the letter, sums up the day.

Well done, Cammy.  :clap: 

2 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Then stop acting like one

Ooft. I ain't the one suggesting our boys "bottled it" after they did us proud.

Unless I misread your post

12 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I agree.

The disappointment of the players, hopefully, will drive them on from here on in. 
Winning the Championship as soon as possible is now the priority. With a bit of luck with the draws, another go at the cup would be nice too.

If we had managed to get over the line today, we would have beaten Hibs, Rangers and Celtic to do it. It would have been a great achievement. 

There was so much on the line today -

* winning the cup after being 2-0 down at half-time.

* A fantastic GIRFUY to the weegie media, Doncaster, Petrie and all the sniggering Clubs who voted us down.

* Lennon would not have survived a defeat and we could have rid Scottish football of that horrible little shit!

* putting an end to their quadruple treble.

* the look on Scott Browns face when we lifted the cup.

* Leave the Hobo’s spewing.

Now it’s me that’s spewing!

1 hour ago, Auld Reekin' said:

You forgot ‘cheat’ and ‘dog-eyed rat’.

Kidd’s Boots

I think there were only 4 players in the team today who experienced the Cup Final loss in 2019. This squad of players, who have  really had their minerals tested today,  now have something to galvanise them through shared the disappointment of the result.  They will have to show strength of character to bounce right back and lift the heads of Gordon, Halkett, Kingsley and Wighton who all have demons to face in their couple of days off before preparations for Boxing Day. These are hard lessons, but it's maybe the right time to learn them and use as a carrot or stick as required in the coming months 

29 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

* A fantastic GIRFUY to the weegie media, Doncaster, Petrie and all the sniggering Clubs who voted us down.

* Lennon would not have survived a defeat and we could have rid Scottish football of that horrible little shit!

I wish you hadn’t posted that . You’ve just made me feel a whole lot worse 

33 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

We didn't do too bad for an 11/1 shot but yup I'm also still spewing 

On a positive, don't forget we also stopped the Leithers from getting their chance to win against their big cousins who rarely play well against them

59 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I agree.

The perfect route.... nearly got therre

SectionDJambo
39 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Yes it was very disappointing. Sickening even, after seeing the prize and letting it go.

But we did something that the media and Celtic fans didn’t think was going to happen. We rattled them to the point that they thought they might lose. 
With a bit of luck, we would have won it before the penalties.

As an example, at the end of the 90 minutes, we should have had a free kick for a foul at the corner flag. Right next to the linesman but he gave us a throw in instead. A cross into their box could have produced a last chance for us, given how poor they are defending set pieces.

Lennon staying on will cost them the 9.75 in a row. 

3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Just home. Bawled my eyes out. Hard one to take.

Had a moment, but then we were good, even deserved more, feeling better by the hour 

55 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Ooft. I ain't the one suggesting our boys "bottled it" after they did us proud.

Unless I misread your post

Bottled the penalties yes. 

5h1te result but a great performance, the team hasn't made me feel so proud in such a long time

Odds were stacked against us but it could have been a lot worse

It could have been 5-1 in the biggest derby of all time, how bad must that have felt?