• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bazzas right boot

• kila

Guess The Crowd
5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

1988 semi is the most comparable cup defeat but it was a semi at the end of the day.  1996 LC was very similar actually.  Good point.  

Strangely,  the 9 men defeat vs ICT is a bit similar in that we had it won but incredibly managed to chuck it.

😀 Strangely therapeutic this, ranking previous disasters. 

ICT at Easter Road? Came down for that one too. I don’t think there was much pride that day, today had in bucketloads.

Keep them coming though. Airdrie semi finals anyone? 

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Snedescu said:

No mention of 2 subs in extra time? 

884382B8-3454-4BC1-AEAE-9A222BF39767.png

It was changed in August, only the Championship have 3 subs for his season. The link to it was put up in October before the semi. Plus extra 1 in ET. 

18 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Always get an extra sub in ET and if you haven't used your standard play subs you can also use them. There's no big conspiracy where subs are concerned.

You’re right I found it on the IFAB website. You have five in the game and one for extra time. The unused ones carry over to extra time.

1 minute ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

The penalty taker has to be aware of the keeper in his run up, if the keeper moves early there is the chance to change sides.

Kingsley took two steps and was only looking at the ball giving the keeper the chance to go early and guess correctly.

Correct.  It should be covered in preparing for pens.  You just don't take a pen like that.  He'll be more gutted than us though so peace to the boy.

1 minute ago, Guess The Crowd said:

😀 Strangely therapeutic this, ranking previous disasters. 

ICT at Easter Road? Came down for that one too. I don’t think there was much pride that day, today had in bucketloads.

Keep them coming though. Airdrie semi finals anyone? 

We were incredibly unlucky in the 1st one.  Incredibly shite in the 2nd one.

39 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Another 1986 🙈

Shocker mate. C'mon, its hurts but I have immense pride in our efforts with everything stacked against us. 

25 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Celtic, their fans and the Celtic media will be crowing about their 12 trophies in a row, but the bigger prize of the 10 titles in a row will now be harder to acheive because of them winning these 2 finals against us.

Last season, Lennon gets the manager job on the back of beating us in the cup final. He'll keep the job because of today.

Lennon being there greatly reduces Celtic's chance of winning the league this season. There will be tears and snotters from them again, soon enough.

No he wont. He will be away shortly. After the next Glasgow Derby.

1 hour ago, The Natural Order said:

Hibsed it against a beatable Celtic team for the second year in a row. Nothing to be happy with or proud of today.

Away and wank worms.

24 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Was also at Dens and pretty much every game that season home and away. This comes absolutely nowhere near it disappointment wise for me. I'm not there, I thought we were going to get hammered at half time and I'm proud of the way the fought after a dreadful first half.

Same for me

Absolutely gutted but no comparison to that day at Dens. 

6 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Apart from 98 2006

and of course 2012

And the other 5 times we have won it! Today wasn't a disaster, a missed opportunity, but not a disaster. Aside from the extra baggage that Lennon, Brown, and the quadruple nonsense brings, this feels more like the 4-3 League Cup in 96. 

Like everyone else i'm absolutely gutted, But 2nd half & extra time proud of them, Penalties are a lottery, over the years i've seen some of the best players in the world miss them.

But I must go back to what I said earlier, re the commentary of the game.

It was absolutely disgusting. It must be the most biased commentating I have ever heard in a match.

They should be hauled over the coals for it. I had a mental image of them sitting there with their septic scarves on ! ( and that includes billy dodds !)

Absolutely shocking,

40 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Freaks?  

If you can't share the disappointment of people in a shared enterprise then you have no soul.  No sense of community.

We're all suffering.  Don't lash out.  Don't be that guy.

Guess I'm just battle hardened. 

I always expect the worst with Hearts and if we don't disappoint I'm happy. 

Even when we were ahead on penalties I still expected to lose. 

I would never call anyone a freak for being upset though. 

It was a great match and we took them all the way. 

Much to be proud of imo. 

When it comes to penalties, forcing the goalkeeper to make a save is what matters. Both misses were on target and if the goalkeeper had guessed wrong then Kingsley and Wighton would be heroes. For the Edouard's penalty if Craig Gordon had stood upright and saved it (like Bobby did for St Mirren when on loan against Celtic) everyone would be saying "that was a terrible penalty, why did he hit it down the middle?" rather than "what a great penalty!"  

SectionDJambo
10 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

No he wont. He will be away shortly. After the next Glasgow Derby.

That’ll be long enough for the damage to be irreparable. I’m no Rangers lover, but I hope that Celtic are blowing their holy grail.

7 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

And the other 5 times we have won it! Today wasn't a disaster, a missed opportunity, but not a disaster. Aside from the extra baggage that Lennon, Brown, and the quadruple nonsense brings, this feels more like the 4-3 League Cup in 96. 

That's exactly what I thought at the end.

Hopefully some of these players will be around for the 98 style redemption

38 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Whatever - I merely stated...

What? Really don't understand where you are coming from. Maybe I imagined him ballooning it over from 10 yards to win the game. 

Listen, he done well and got us up the pitch. But he should have scored in the 90.

8 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Same for me

Absolutely gutted but no comparison to that day at Dens. 

Correct , I’m absolutely sick can’t concentrate on anything but nothing can ever be compared to that  day mate.

8 minutes ago, bairdy said:

Like everyone else i'm absolutely gutted, But 2nd half & extra time proud of them, Penalties are a lottery, over the years i've seen some of the best players in the world miss them.

It was absolutely disgusting. It must be the most biased commentating I have ever heard in a match.

They should be hauled over the coals for it. I had a mental image of them sitting there with their septic scarves on ! ( and that includes billy dodds !)

Absolutely shocking,

This was what boiled my blood. The bias and constant reminder of the quadruple and records - and the despair whenever Hearts scored is unforgivable. 

It really is disgusting how the media only care about 2 sides.

37 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Was also at Dens and pretty much every game that season home and away. This comes absolutely nowhere near it disappointment wise for me. I'm not there, I thought we were going to get hammered at half time and I'm proud of the way the fought after a dreadful first half.

I wasn't at Dens but was at Tynecastle for the Clydebank match, nothing that has happened to Hearts including today comes close to the disappointment of 86!

29 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Shocker mate. C'mon, its hurts but I have immense pride in our efforts with everything stacked against us. 

Me too - but what a kick in the balls that was

Too much to analyse try to fit in one post. I’m currently gutted and playing the game over and over in my head. I keep going back to Gordon’s pen save and thinking that was it. 

Horrible first half devoid of belief and impetus. 

2nd half onwards:-  proud, defiant, looked the more likely. Should’ve won on chances, they had nothing. Nothing of note. 

Summary:- it unfortunately can’t come without criticism. How many years, months, games to we have to go through like this for the mindset of the club to change? To believe, that more often than not, with controlled aggression , pressing ,and of course,  when you have the personnel.... you can actually make them doubtful.  You CAN take the game to them in a positive way?

You’ve got to set the right footing in a game from the first whistle. Celtic will never give up but neither should you give them the initiative any more than they have already. You got to test them back like they test you. Today showed against a pretty uninspiring Tim team, they can be rattled. 

13 minutes ago, bairdy said:

Absolutely shocking,

Do you expect anything different though, I had to mute it! The media hate us, they get away with knives through our crest which makes this missed opportunity so much worse, if we pulled this off it would have been priceless to hear all of the crying and excuses in the media, watching celtic fans riot and putting it to Doncaster and his celtic chums, it wasn't to be unfortunately! I hate losing any matches but am very proud of the way we made a match of this!

Gorgie Boot boy
12 minutes ago, bairdy said:

Absolutely shocking,

I had it on mute from the off.

There were times in the first half that i was sitting in deathly silence, drifted away a few times day dreaming.

Glad i didn't listen, would of told my wife to stay away till tomorrow.

I decided to come on here for the company, read some comments and retreated behind the couch again.

Never mind the BBC chat, what about some of the absolute shameful comments here.

2 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I had it on mute from the off.

There were times in the first half that i was sitting in deathly silence, drifted away a few times day dreaming.

Glad i didn't listen, would of told my wife to stay away till tomorrow.

I decided to come on here for the company, read some comments and retreated behind the couch again.

Never mind the BBC chat, what about some of the absolute shameful comments here.

People have their own ways of reacting to such huge disappointment, I did see some pretty scathing comments putting blame on our players, especially for the missed pk's, I'll give them a pass for over reaction in the heat of the moment, this stings though!

5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Too much to analyse try to fit in one post. I’m currently gutted and playing the game over and over in my head. I keep going back to Gordon’s pen save and thinking that was it. 

Horrible first half devoid of belief and impetus. 

2nd half onwards:-  proud, defiant, looked the more likely. Should’ve won on chances, they had nothing. Nothing of note. 

Summary:- it unfortunately can’t come without criticism. How many years, months, games to we have to go through like this for the mindset of the club to change? To believe, that more often than not, with controlled aggression , pressing ,and of course,  when you have the personnel.... you can actually make them doubtful.  You CAN take the game to them in a positive way?

You’ve got to set the right footing in a game from the first whistle. Celtic will never give up but neither should you give them the initiative any more than they have already. You got to test them back like they test you. Today showed against a pretty uninspiring Tim team, they can be rattled. 

Top post mate. Absolutely gutted and so proud at the same time. Feel a bit numb to be honest  I only wished we'd started with the same belief we'd shown after 45 mins. ****ing love the famous Heart of Midlothian

1 minute ago, arfurdaley said:

Top post mate. Absolutely gutted and so proud at the same time. Feel a bit numb to be honest  I only wished we'd started with the same belief we'd shown after 45 mins. ****ing love the famous Heart of Midlothian

Agree, my love for Hearts has increased today.

Gorgie Boot boy
5 minutes ago, gator said:

People have their own ways of reacting to such huge disappointment, I did see some pretty scathing comments putting blame on our players, especially for the missed pk's, I'll give them a pass for over reaction in the heat of the moment, this stings though!

I meant in general, any topic regarding Hearts gets a tanking here.

I was screaming obscenities most of the game, claiming i could do better and all that stuff.

To come on here and give it the hee haw bollox, nah man that is not how you do it.

You know what’s really shit?

This will go down as one of the greatest ever Scottish Cup Finals. It’ll get shown on repeat on sky for years to come. Don’t know about anyone else, I’m really proud of how we played today but I never want to watch that game ever again!

Just now, DS98 said:

You know what’s really shit?

This will go down as one of the greatest ever Scottish Cup Finals. It’ll get shown on repeat on sky for years to come. Don’t know about anyone else, I’m really proud of how we played today but I never want to watch that game ever again!

Agree, if we won I would have been watching over and over, I don't take losses well and I don't care how classic the match was, I will never watch it!

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, gator said:

Agree, if we won I would have been watching over and over, I don't take losses well and I don't care how classic the match was, I will never watch it!

Now it is over.

I couldn't give a **** about it anymore.

All the best to you lads, we are still re building.

Have a lot to look forward to.

Heart of Midlothian FC Ya Bas

3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Where is the justice or karma? 
Those shower of ***** winning everything, scum club & even scummier fans. 

Just proves there is no god!

If there was he wouldn’t allow utter scum like that to be so lucky.

8 minutes ago, assessor said:

Agree, my love for Hearts has increased today.

My love for Hearts has never diminished and I like thousands suffered 1968, 1976, 1986, and 1996 before 1998.

We will win this trophy again. I am absolutely certain of that.

I sincerely hope it is Celtic in the final.

Glamorgan Jambo
2 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Now it is over.

I couldn't give a **** about it anymore.

All the best to you lads, we are still re building.

Have a lot to look forward to.

Heart of Midlothian FC Ya Bas

This site is hoaching with Lochend interlopers. Learn how to use the ignore function. Improves the experience a lot.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Glamorgan Jambo said:

This site is hoaching with Lochend interlopers. Learn how to use the ignore function. Improves the experience a lot.

As i said i couldn't give a ****.

Only Hearts

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

My love for Hearts has never diminished and I like thousands suffered 1968, 1976, 1986, and 1996 before 1998.

We will win this trophy again. I am absolutely certain of that.

I sincerely hope it is Celtic in the final.

I went in a strop after Alloa and Dunfermline but today there was nothing but pride and disappointment. I couldn't have asked for more.

19 minutes ago, arfurdaley said:

Really really thought we had them today, mate. Losing Boyce was a blow but we kept going.  

We put that much into getting back level, you just wonder sometimes if we had enough left in the tank to get it over the line?  It can be a bad habit in football to think you’ve done yer job. If you look at ET, we dropped off in the first half of it ,and low and behold, they nick a goal.

You can’t hope to measure a game to your own liking. It was like we tried to keep energy for the 2nd period and it worked against us. We had to go again and get a third. We had some great moments though to go ahead which hurt too much to keep thinking about. 

👍🏻

That match was just like our whole season so far. Really shite to really good.

Hopefully that performance gives them the belief to go and blow more teams away.

I was trying to see what the prize money is this season but seems swathed in mystery as a Google search reveals nothing. Just another example of the closed doors world of Scottish Football. 

Best thing we can do now is take all the emotions, the anger from the summer and today and go after the league and cup. No point dwelling on it, need to beat ayr on Boxing Day. It hurts like ****, no one will feel worse than Kingsley and Wighton. We’ve shown today that when we believe In ourselves we can beat the big teams.