***Official Heart of Midlothian v Celtic Scottish Cup Final 2020 thread***

Swanny17

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

The Johnston sub happened before the game was restarted so I presume counts as during the 90

Did Griffiths and Soro not both come on in extra time. Four in normal time and two in extra time. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bazzas right boot

• kila

4 minutes ago, indianajones said:

What freaks are bringing up Dens Park? 

We lost on pens today - just get over it. 

Freaks?  Listen the last time I was so devastated was at Dens in 86!

The team were fantastic today and had one hand on the cup only for it to be ripped away!

It will take me quite a while to get over this one but you bash on.

The West Coast Meedja will go on about the quad treble, but that is an absolute embarrassment for this country. It's not even a good thing for Celtic. Its just rampant capitalism. The so called anti establishment club, my erkie!

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

After watching their team mates smash 3 in the net, why did they just not do the same? 🤷‍♂️

How many times do you see short run ups miss, should’ve been told in training. Even with a bigger run up they still telegraphed where they were putting it. 

22 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

Interesting reading.

only thing I can think of is they claimed a head injury for use of the 6th sub. 

Something fishy here for sure, and I’m not clutching at straws here!

3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I was talking about people blaming Kingsley, Wighton, Berra, Robbie and whoever else. 

Ah , sorry IndianaJones ,onwards and upwards together, very sad all around today👎🏻

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

How many times do you see short run ups miss, should’ve been told in training. Even with a bigger run up they still telegraphed where they were putting it. 

With Kingsley’s left peg I thought he would run up and smash it in! Usually the best plan when under pressure.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
12 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Don’t get me wrong I’m livid at how we started. But the idea that a player who’s worked himself stupid to get fit for a game after an injury, who contributed massively to that turnaround despite lack of game time and managed to to score is somehow responsible?? Shows an astounding level of ****ing ignorance from the poster. 🙁

Stop putting ****ing words in my mouth cazzo. I said wrong choice for penalties. I wasn't criticising his game performance. He was superb.🤫

Pasquale for King
Just now, Thomaso said:

With Kingsley’s left peg I thought he would run up and smash it in! Usually the best plan when under pressure.

Yeah me too 

Guess The Crowd
4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

There are different circumstances.  In 86 I remember a mood of confidence that we would soon right the wrongs of that disappointment.  We were gutted but most would have thought we were there to stay (at the top challenging).

This is different.  It would have been history.  Not for 106 years has a team won the SC from 2 behind.  The demotion.  The misery of the pandemic.  The fact we were robbed of the last SC.  The monumental bottle and effort the lads put in.

All for nothing.  Hard to take.

Don’t disagree with any of that. Still not Dens Park though! 

Freaks?  

If you can't share the disappointment of people in a shared enterprise then you have no soul.  No sense of community.

We're all suffering.  Don't lash out.  Don't be that guy.

2 minutes ago, maggieb said:

Ah , sorry IndianaJones ,onwards and upwards together, very sad all around today👎🏻

No worries! 

Not going to disagree with your other points though.

Sad day and a hard one to swallow but as you said, onwards and upwards. Win the league and give it another go in this seasons Scottish Cup. 

NaturalOrder74
3 minutes ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

What’s the script with subs?

They used 6 i think you’re allowed an extra one in ET though 

1 minute ago, Guess The Crowd said:

Don’t disagree with any of that. Still not Dens Park though! 

They're different.  Don't get the seethe from others though.  

Just now, indianajones said:

No worries! 

Not going to disagree with your other points though.

Sad day and a hard one to swallow but as you said, onwards and upwards. Win the league and give it another go in this seasons Scottish Cup. 

👍👍👍👍👍.    👍

1 minute ago, Snedescu said:

No mention of 2 subs in extra time? 

884382B8-3454-4BC1-AEAE-9A222BF39767.png

Always get an extra sub in ET and if you haven't used your standard play subs you can also use them. There's no big conspiracy where subs are concerned.

Big Slim Stylee
19 minutes ago, micole said:

I seem to remember reading some posts pre-match that all we can ask for is the players leave it "all out" on the park and if we lose so be it. Well for the 2nd half and extra time the players gave their all, and as we all know a pen shoot out is a lottery.....still I am gutted and hurting like we all are. For now we lick our wounds and in a couple of days we move on. HHGH!!.

xxx

Gorgie Boot boy
35 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

well if nothing else, we showed we have prem quality and a good base team to build from. Now back to concentrating on winning the championship and getting back to where we belong.

Folk will shout that this player or that player should go. Shout about players being dire and players players not up to hearts level. Even seen people saying Neilson needs to go..

For me, I'm realistic! and i just saw a hearts team that that was assembled on a fraction of a budget, is paid a fraction of the wages and is still fixing the mess that Levein left us in.

The penalties were poor but the team gave it everything to get to that point. From the moment we were relegated, the moment the SFA stopped us starting training, the moment they stopped us training but let the english clubs train at our facilities, the moment moment we went into the semi with everyone saying the hobos would cruise it. the moment we got ourselves into the final...

I never wanted this result and i'll always remember this day.. but despite all that, they can't keep us down. Even when 2 goals down, we fought back. The team showed heart, the manager done the best with the players he had and over the next couple transfer windows, the team should only get stronger. 

I'll never accept a defeat, especially not to celtic in a cup final, but the boys showed more heart and fight today than we saw under the whole of Leveins time or under DS. Folk can disagree with me but you'll not change my mind. I see no reason why we won't be at Hampden again at the end of this season chasing a double.

I stand up with you on your post.

Cannot disagree with your words.

Get yourself a drink Mate.

Guess The Crowd
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

They're different.  Don't get the seethe from others though.  

👍🏼 No seethe here.

I would also actually put the 1988 s-f worse that this.

Another one similar to today would  be the Neil McCann League cup final. 

SectionDJambo

Celtic, their fans and the Celtic media will be crowing about their 12 trophies in a row, but the bigger prize of the 10 titles in a row will now be harder to acheive because of them winning these 2 finals against us.

Last season, Lennon gets the manager job on the back of beating us in the cup final. He'll keep the job because of today.

Lennon being there greatly reduces Celtic's chance of winning the league this season. There will be tears and snotters from them again, soon enough.

51 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

The commentators were absolutely shocking 

sounds like they were playing with their tadgers every time that scummy lot had the ball 

I feel absolutely sick but deep down I know the players have everything and that’s the only thing that dulls the pain. Cant ask for more than that. Leave everything on the pitch and the boys done that today 

just gutted that wighton and Kingsley just didn’t get the head down and smash the ball home 

septics keeper is absolutely rank. 

Each others, I'd have thought...   :huh:    (And, for an ex-rangers player, Dodds doesnae half sook the sellick boaby...)

Overall, well done Hearts: great fightback and never-say-die fighting spirit; great character shown; and a great team-spirit. Yes, there were things that we could've and should've done better, and mistakes were definitely made by individual players and in the tactics, team selection, and approach in the first half, but there was a great deal to be proud of today as a Hearts fan.

Edited by Auld Reekin'

Just now, SectionDJambo said:

Celtic, their fans and the Celtic media will be crowing about their 12 trophies in a row, but the bigger prize of the 10 titles in a row will now be harder to acheive because of them winning these 2 finals against us.

Last season, Lennon gets the manager job on the back of beating us in the cup final. He'll keep the job because of today.

Lennon being there greatly reduces Celtic's chance of winning the league this season. There will be tears and snotters from them again, soon enough.

Lennon will be away shortly. A bairn with a biscuit arse could get that squad playing better than ginger teeth. 

2 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Edited by Auld Reekin'

11 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Freaks?  

If you can't share the disappointment of people in a shared enterprise then you have no soul.  No sense of community.

We're all suffering.  Don't lash out.  Don't be that guy.

Well said! 👍

We used 5 tonight and 5 against hibs I’ve yet to see anyone using 6 anywhere. If you can use 6 whys neilson not taking advantage of it?

1 minute ago, Guess The Crowd said:

👍🏼 No seethe here.

I would also actually put the 1988 s-f worse that this.

Another one similar to today would  be the Neil McCann League cup final. 

1988 semi is the most comparable cup defeat but it was a semi at the end of the day.  1996 LC was very similar actually.  Good point.  

Strangely,  the 9 men defeat vs ICT is a bit similar in that we had it won but incredibly managed to chuck it.

Big Slim Stylee
21 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

We had already turned it around. We turned it around through hard work and pressing and getting in players faces instead of giving them acres of space every time. I didn't lump anything on anyone, he is the one that gambled in E.T and gave us a hope in pens. 

I merely stated that he chucked the chance of winning it in normal time. Not sure if you missed it but it actually happened.

Whatever - I merely stated...

10 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Terrible penalty by Kingsley, but as much as we’re feeling low. He’s gonna be a lot worse. Should have smashed it down the middle. 

Really don’t know why he didn’t - but I feel for him tonight

Big Slim Stylee
15 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Stop putting ****ing words in my mouth cazzo. I said wrong choice for penalties. I wasn't criticising his game performance. He was superb.🤫

? Wrong quote?

1 minute ago, My name is Roy said:

Always the bridesmaid 

Feck off back to .net

48 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I was there as well.  I think the whole circumstances here add up to a monumental disappointment.  Is it worse?  It's pretty close anyway.

Was also at Dens and pretty much every game that season home and away. This comes absolutely nowhere near it disappointment wise for me. I'm not there, I thought we were going to get hammered at half time and I'm proud of the way the fought after a dreadful first half.

Just now, Thomaso said:

Really don’t know why he didn’t - but I feel for him tonight

Yeah. If only the manager could go down before the pen and give him some advice 

1 minute ago, My name is Roy said:

Always the bridesmaid 

Are you really Roy? I'm sure someone will make an honest woman of you sometime.

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Was also at Dens and pretty much every game that season home and away. This comes absolutely nowhere near it disappointment wise for me. I'm not there, I thought we were going to get hammered at half time and I'm proud of the way the fought after a dreadful first half.

I think we're all proud or grateful for the incredible efforts from our players.  

SectionDJambo
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Lennon will be away shortly. A bairn with a biscuit arse could get that squad playing better than ginger teeth. 

Maybe not before Rangers get a bigger advantage than they already have. He would have been away if we had won today, and he wouldn't have got the job if we had won in 2019.

Rangers will score goals against that Celtic defence, as will other teams.

Pps, I’m a wee bit perturbed that the Celtic love in commentators never once mentioned that the opposition were relegated dishonestly or why ?

lts going to take me a long long time to get over this, in regards to the players on the pitch today, bravo  ,you had a go👍

Just now, maggieb said:

Pps, I’m a wee bit perturbed that the Celtic love in commentators never once mentioned that the opposition were relegated dishonestly or why ?

lts going to take me a long long time to get over this, in regards to the players on the pitch today, bravo  ,you had a go👍

Amazingly in the first half Dodds did say it was unfair. I remember as I was so shocked to hear it. 

1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

Maybe not before Rangers get a bigger advantage than they already have. He would have been away if we had won today, and he wouldn't have got the job if we had won in 2019.

Rangers will score goals against that Celtic defence, as will other teams.

I’ve had a few jars bud. Following your logic now. 👍

6 minutes ago, My name is Roy said:

Always the bridesmaid 

Get to ****. Considering I’m 24 and seen 3 cup wins you can take your status and piss off back to .net

Jambo in Yorkshire

The penalty taker has to be aware of the keeper in his run up, if the keeper moves early there is the chance to change sides.

Kingsley took two steps and was only looking at the ball giving the keeper the chance to go early and guess correctly.

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Amazingly in the first half Dodds did say it was unfair. I remember as I was so shocked to hear it. 

Thanks Tazio, missed it but would’ve thought it merited more👎🏻