***Official Heart of Midlothian v Celtic Scottish Cup Final 2020 thread***

Swanny17

south morocco
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I'm not going to berate him or be bitter at him but Kingsley scores = we win.  He ****ed it.  Feel for the boy.

Body language was all wrong. He bottled it. Not criticising him, just stating what happened. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bazzas right boot

• kila

Jambo in Japan

Such a mixed bag of emotions.

This really stings. Such a sickening way to lose, before even considering how we ended up at penalties.

I'm devastated but overwhelmingly proud. I don't hold anything against any of the players.

But I also feel like I'll get over it. Nobody else expected us to win before today, and the boys have done the club incredibly proud. Nothing to be made fun of by any other supporters.

It's horrible now, but we need to harness how we played after half-time, kick on, walk the championship, and get back to where we belong stronger than before.

What a game, what a club.

Zal would have been proud of that.

1 minute ago, Boof said:

Presume it was then 5 with the +1 for extra time?

What a hoot if they retrospectively got kicked out of the competition for ****ing up the rules :lol: 

Lol, that'll never happen to either of the uglies.

4 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

I don't understand the rules now. Would quite like to see them written down. Anybody got the strength to search?

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
8 minutes ago, Boof said:

They might win **** all THIS season.

People forgetting this was last seasons cup🤦🏻‍♂️

30 minutes ago, Victorian said:

There's always a more painful way to lose.  The universal constant of football.  This is worse than Dens Park '86.

Stupid comment. 

32 minutes ago, Victorian said:

There's always a more painful way to lose.  The universal constant of football.  This is worse than Dens Park '86.

If that **** Jones writes the above, I wouldn't engage...C'mon Vic, heid up son, you ain't no troll.

Edited by OBE

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Just remember we are currently a championship side and we gave them a good fight.  

Apart from the first half when we were utter dugshit.

if we play the whole game with the belief and desire we did from the 2nd half that final doesn’t even get near penalties.

they were there for the taking and we choked first half and that is annoying the feck out of me!!!

Why the **** was Brown over giving it tight to our players instead of celebrating with his team mates. 

Absolute classless ***** who deserves all the pain and suffering life throws at him. 

Anyway, gutted but also proud. So close to properly honouring Zal's memory and also shafting Lawell's grand plan. Unfortunately sport has a habit of kicking you in the teeth.  At this moment, I've went from potentially rewatching the final a hundred times in the future to not wanting to see it ever again.. 

Against Celtic you need to get a fair share of the breaks, they got two to our none. The first was off a deflected header that could have gone anywhere, the second was of Berra's arms up for no good reason, the ball came from behind him and he didn't have a clue where it was.

48 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Never want to see either of them play for hearts again. Blast it 

Kingsley was man of the match and scored a goal. I know you're hurt but have a quiet word with yourself

Just now, Jamhammer said:

Kingsley was man of the match and scored a goal. I know you're hurt but have a quiet word with yourself

Already realised that 🤣 beyond gutted mate. Kingsley is a good player and I hope we tie him down onto a new deal

11 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

well if nothing else, we showed we have prem quality and a good base team to build from. Now back to concentrating on winning the championship and getting back to where we belong.

Folk will shout that this player or that player should go. Shout about players being dire and players players not up to hearts level. Even seen people saying Neilson needs to go..

For me, I'm realistic! and i just saw a hearts team that that was assembled on a fraction of a budget, is paid a fraction of the wages and is still fixing the mess that Levein left us in, take celtic to penalties in a cup final of their quadruple treble.

The penalties were poor but the team gave it everything to get to that point. From the moment we were relegated, the moment the SFA stopped us starting training, the moment they stopped us training but let the english clubs train at our facilities, the moment moment we went into the semi with everyone saying the hobos would cruise it. the moment we got ourselves into the final...

I never wanted this result and i'll always remember this day.. but despite all that, they can't keep us down. Even when 2 goals down, we fought back. The team showed heart, the manager done the best with the players he had and over the next couple transfer windows, the team should only get stronger. 

I'll never accept a defeat, especially not to celtic in a cup final, but the boys showed more heart and fight today than we saw under the whole of Leveins time or under DS. Folk can disagree with me but you'll not change my mind. I see no reason why we won't be at Hampden again at the end of this season chasing a double.

Liking your posts 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

You’re allowed an extra sub if a match goes to extra time. 

Original rules said 3+1. SFA link I attached said 5.

Pretty sure you'll be right though. 

Ultimately not a useful rabbit hole to go down, at the end of the day we showed huge heart and gave a good account of ourselves. Focus on the league and this years cup.

Big Slim Stylee
3 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

I'm an optimist and I'm grateful for that mindset to be honest. 

Onwards and upwards. Very happy with team fight spirit. Not happy with the two penalty takers. Strategically wrong choice. 

However we've taken a team with an amvarassment of riches to penalties in a scottish cup final.

We beat Gretna in 06 and this time it was reversed on us. That's life. 

I've seen us lift the cup in summertime sunshine in front of thousands of fans and hundreds of thousands at the parades. I'm not going to waste time grieving over this. 

We have to regroup and go again for the double. The 21 Cup final date is 8th May. Fans potentially back by April. Let's go again. 

Don’t get me wrong I’m livid at how we started. But the idea that a player who’s worked himself stupid to get fit for a game after an injury, who contributed massively to that turnaround despite lack of game time and managed to to score is somehow responsible?? Shows an astounding level of ****ing ignorance from the poster. 🙁

What a game and a great performance from us after the 1st half. Won't be looking at the match thread after this post,or any others tonight as the trolls and hobos will no doubt be out in force. Saddos have to get their kicks somehow. Now on to the rest of the league campaign and this year's cup

3 minutes ago, stotty said:

Stupid comment. 

I know. I was at Dens Park.  That was 100 times worse. 

8 minutes ago, sac said:

You would have done better of course.

Not the point. I am heartfully proud of the team. We we excellent first 15 mins. Then whole 2nd half & even better extra time. 
We lost because some players play too much FIFA or whatever. Be accurate & put your laces through it and 9 times out of 10 it goes in. Dont try and be cute!

I’m 50 mate. Doubt if I would have even lasted the first 15!!!

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, PauloSergio said:

Seeing a lot of people slagging Ginnelly, aye he missed a few chances but he changed the game when he came on imo. Got a goal and an assist

And the "chances" were hardly on the same class as say the ones Boyce has missed recently. He was not 5 yards out with an open goal. Ginelly played a big part in our recovery and if he had taken a penalty we might be celebrating a cup win tonight.

AlphonseCapone

So many emotions just now. Biggest one is upset obviously, we could have and really should have won that in the end. I am proud of the team though, for showing the balls to come back, not once but twice. Didn't think they had that I'll be honest. 

HillmanHearts

End of the day we don't win stuff very often. We got ourselves in a position and ****ed it.

Kingsley and Wighton : get the ****ing laces through the baw you ****ing dicks !

13 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

well if nothing else, we showed we have prem quality and a good base team to build from. Now back to concentrating on winning the championship and getting back to where we belong.

Folk will shout that this player or that player should go. Shout about players being dire and players players not up to hearts level. Even seen people saying Neilson needs to go..

For me, I'm realistic! and i just saw a hearts team that that was assembled on a fraction of a budget, is paid a fraction of the wages and is still fixing the mess that Levein left us in, take celtic to penalties in a cup final of their quadruple treble.

The penalties were poor but the team gave it everything to get to that point. From the moment we were relegated, the moment the SFA stopped us starting training, the moment they stopped us training but let the english clubs train at our facilities, the moment moment we went into the semi with everyone saying the hobos would cruise it. the moment we got ourselves into the final...

I never wanted this result and i'll always remember this day.. but despite all that, they can't keep us down. Even when 2 goals down, we fought back. The team showed heart, the manager done the best with the players he had and over the next couple transfer windows, the team should only get stronger. 

I'll never accept a defeat, especially not to celtic in a cup final, but the boys showed more heart and fight today than we saw under the whole of Leveins time or under DS. Folk can disagree with me but you'll not change my mind. I see no reason why we won't be at Hampden again at the end of this season chasing a double.

This say it all for me.  The team didn't turn up until the second half, but what a come back.  Celtic are not the team they think they are and would be lucky to finish 3rd this season. HHGH

From the BBC

91 mins

Post update

Celtic 2-2 Heart of Midlothian

Both sides use their additional substitution allowance immediately, with Mickey Johnston on for Celtic and Peter Haring on for Hearts.

Shane Duffy and Andy Halliday are the men making way.

Yet, Celtic made another one by replacing Brown midway through ET?

I seem to remember reading some posts pre-match that all we can ask for is the players leave it "all out" on the park and if we lose so be it. Well for the 2nd half and extra time the players gave their all, and as we all know a pen shoot out is a lottery.....still I am gutted and hurting like we all are. For now we lick our wounds and in a couple of days we move on. HHGH!!.

13 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Our cup wins made it easier to recover from disappointments.  It used to be pretty hard pre 98.  This will be difficult.  The various aspects of glory we could have had would be priceless and historical.  

Somebody's hacked your account ? 

You're usually a level headed sort of chap. 

This not even in the top ten of disappointments in my time following Hearts. 

SectionDJambo

It's disappointing, but who among us would have thought we would come back into the game, twice, after the first half. An opportunity missed, certainly, but the team showed that we can be a force again, albeit with some additions to the team.

I would rather watch us lose the final on penalties, than have to hear if Hibs have managed to win it. Happily enough, they didn't get to the final.

If we had prevailed today, it would have been an amazing achievement to have done so beating Celtic, Rangers and Hibs along the way. 

Celtic usually raise their game against us, and always celebrate excessively when they beat us. I take that as a sign that we have managed to get under their skin sometimes.

53 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Bolt

Why?Thats not a wind up that’s how devastated I feel.

Guess The Crowd
21 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I was there as well.  I think the whole circumstances here add up to a monumental disappointment.  Is it worse?  It's pretty close anyway.

Fair enough, I thought you would have been there. We’ll not fall out over it.

I feel more similar to after the Aberdeen cup final a week later. Proud and a bit emotional. 

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

From the BBC

91 mins

Post update

Both sides use their additional substitution allowance immediately, with Mickey Johnston on for Celtic and Peter Haring on for Hearts.

They made 3 subs in ET. We made 2.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

From the BBC

91 mins

Post update

You were allowed 5 subs, plus another one in ET maybe. BBC clueless and ill informed, as the commentators were too. 

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Agree feel surprisingly meh about it all

4 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Cant blame anyone for it. 

Over it. On to winning this league.

Can’t blame anyone for it? 
how about SFA aiding and abetting the love for Celtic to gain history by finishing a league early during a pandemic to gain a historic league title and then putting the team who might upset the friggin history to be not allowed to play or train for three months? The players today had a go  but ffs ,be it Robbie today?had Stendel still been here? My love for Hearts will never change but during my lifetime we have pissed against the wind vs the SFA, nearly got there today 😞  , we’ve all seen it before 👎🏻Until we get someone with the balls of the likes of Eddie Hearn snr to take over the corruption involved in our leagues 

ps . If any other league in the world has aided this sort of shit ? I apologise 

pps. I used to think guys like Hearn were as corrupt as Fock but now I’m thinking it is probably the only good thing to have here👍
pps. Could you ever imagine any other place in the world that there was 24 points to play for and a so called vote ?doomed an injury hit team ffs LOL

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Exactly, this was a shot to nothing but a great chance missed nonetheless. Strange final all told..

50 minutes ago, heartyhub said:

Powderpuff pens, smash the feckin ball

After watching their team mates smash 3 in the net, why did they just not do the same? 🤷‍♂️

17 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Or you could sit there and go “how the **** did we turn that around after a first half that looked like a 5-0 instead of lumping on a Hearts player that came on in the 60th minute having worked his arse off to get back from injury and scored in extra time? 

We had already turned it around. We turned it around through hard work and pressing and getting in players faces instead of giving them acres of space every time. I didn't lump anything on anyone, he is the one that gambled in E.T and gave us a hope in pens. 

I merely stated that he chucked the chance of winning it in normal time. Not sure if you missed it but it actually happened.

4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Maybe a bit raw for some but I agree. I’m really pleased with the bottle and drive we showed to get back level twice and really hopeful we will push on and have a great season. Optimism from that game should help people’s disappointment. 

Edited by GinRummy

3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

From the BBC

91 mins

Post update

The Johnston sub happened before the game was restarted so I presume counts as during the 90

1 minute ago, maggieb said:

Can’t blame anyone for it? 
how about SFA aiding and abetting the love for Celtic to gain history by finishing a league early during a pandemic to gain a historic league title and then putting the team who might upset the friggin history to be not allowed to play or train for three months? The players today had a go  but ffs ,be it Robbie today?had Stendel still been here? My love for Hearts will never change but during my lifetime we have pissed against the wind vs the SFA, nearly got there today 😞  , we’ve all seen it before 👎🏻Until we get someone with the balls of the likes of Eddie Hearn snr to take over the corruption involved in our leagues 

ps . If any other league in the world has aided this sort of shit ? I apologise 

pps. I used to think guys like Hearn were as corrupt as Fock but now I’m thinking it is probably the only good thing to have here👍
pps. Could you ever imagine any other place in the world that there was 24 points to play for and a so called vote ?doomed an injury hit team ffs LOL

I was talking about people blaming Kingsley, Wighton, Berra, Robbie and whoever else. 

Just now, Guess The Crowd said:

Fair enough, I thought you would have been there. We’ll not fall out over it.

I feel more similar to after the Aberdeen cup final a week later. Proud and a bit emotional. 

There are different circumstances.  In 86 I remember a mood of confidence that we would soon right the wrongs of that disappointment.  We were gutted but most would have thought we were there to stay (at the top challenging).

This is different.  It would have been history.  Not for 106 years has a team won the SC from 2 behind.  The demotion.  The misery of the pandemic.  The fact we were robbed of the last SC.  The monumental bottle and effort the lads put in.

All for nothing.  Hard to take.