Budge.

The Roller

Life is depressing with Covid but never mind there's always KB to cheer us up!!   FFS this place is like a drop in shelter for the doom merchants.  

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Francis Albert

• NANOJAMBO

We have still not got up to speed this season so second in the league and in a Cup Final is OK. All in all we are in not too bad a place in comparison to the rest of Scottish Football and dwelling on mistakes made in the past doesn't get us anywhere. If we win the next 3 weekends then the world will be a good place so I will remain positive for now thanks. 

Pasquale for King
48 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The initial Neilson period was weird. We were in a decent league position but let’s be honest, lots of us were bored of him and his football.

Like Nookie says, him leaving wasn’t the problem. But just about every football decision since then has been wrong, made worse by a shocking recruitment department (something Budge has never, ever addressed)

She doesn’t realise there’s anything wrong with the recruitment, her pal told her all this is normal and the injuries did for him, she’s on record as saying that.
She’s utterly clueless on the football front, as much as I wanted Stendel to succeed and loved the style of football no owner with any knowledge would think he could get that squad to play in this way.

She’s now gone for Levein Mk II and it doesn’t look good. 

Horatio Caine
30 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Correct!

And again it raises the question of why rush to bring Neilson back? The opportunity was there to have had a complete change of direction from previous. It was a chance to take a fresh, new approach especially with Levein being off the scene!

As long as Budge goes on making this type of "safe" appointment be prepared to accept this bland, one dimensional style of football. I for one am not optimistic for any change in direction any time soon.

I wouldn't have considered Stendel's appointment or that of Cathro for that matter  as `safe`.  They were both  quite `out there` and in view of how they worked out I'm not surprised she reverted to `safe` this time around.

36 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Life is depressing with Covid but never mind there's always KB to cheer us up!!   FFS this place is like a drop in shelter for the doom merchants.  

😂

15 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I wouldn't have considered Stendel's appointment or that of Cathro for that matter  as `safe`.  They were both  quite `out there` and in view of how they worked out I'm not surprised she reverted to `safe` this time around.

Don’t use common sense on here 🤣

As an aside all this bitching about 6% on her investment. Can anyone give a figure of the original loan plus then the interest that totalled , then give a figure for a CEO at our level of club and what with inflation would be the total cost of that wage over 6years? Thats probably a more fair representation on what she has actually made. 

Within that we need to also remember the investment brought in. Slag the football side as thats fair but some the shite spouted about the commercial side is just Moaning for moaning sake.

8 minutes ago, sadj said:

As an aside all this bitching about 6% on her investment. Can anyone give a figure of the original loan plus then the interest that totalled , then give a figure for a CEO at our level of club and what with inflation would be the total cost of that wage over 6years? Thats probably a more fair representation on what she has actually made. 

Within that we need to also remember the investment brought in. Slag the football side as thats fair but some the shite spouted about the commercial side is just Moaning for moaning sake.

Wait till someone shares the most recent video of AB in the kitchen, promoting the Skyline restaurant and promoting some key suppliers and Scotch lamb...  

Edited by DETTY29

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Your spot on Sadj, I've said it already on this thread. You can be upset about the football side (we all are) but at least have the decency to acknowledge what an outstanding job she's done in other areas. Some people just have to hate or love there can be a middle ground. Romanov is similar he brought us trophies and players of a higher quality than we've ever seen but by **** did it nearly come at the ultimate cost. Some hate him for nearly losing the club some love him for the trophies... again it's possible to acknowledge both sides.

Hopefully Vladimir Budge shows up one day and we get it all😂

2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Wait till someone shares the most recent video of AB in the kitchen, promoting the Skyline restaurant and promoting some key suppliers and Scotch lamb...  

same people who slate that will prob be the ones saying she shouldn’t be at the club or focus on the commercial side and leave the football side to JJ or the likes

56 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Your spot on Sadj, I've said it already on this thread. You can be upset about the football side (we all are) but at least have the decency to acknowledge what an outstanding job she's done in other areas. Some people just have to hate or love there can be a middle ground. Romanov is similar he brought us trophies and players of a higher quality than we've ever seen but by **** did it nearly come at the ultimate cost. Some hate him for nearly losing the club some love him for the trophies... again it's possible to acknowledge both sides.

Hopefully Vladimir Budge shows up one day and we get it all😂

Amazing 🤣

Nothing like a bit of good sound news to flush out the arseholes.

Thank you Ann for everything you do for us, the PHM amoungst us appreciate it.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
13 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Commercially I think we’re in good shape, although the cost to us of poor decision on the footballing side must have been high.

The main stand is proving more and more expensive (I don’t know who if anyone is to blame but suffice to say, it’s gone way over the original estimate).

Our commercial position is no consolation for a rank football team. It’s like living in a wheelie bin while having loads of cash in the bank

Just now, RussAsia said:

Utter nonsense.. Our football was boring, our players going through the motions.

Put out by a lower league Hibs team in the cup despite being given 2 chances at it, knocked out by a bunch of part timers in Europe. 

Apparently that is all been whitewashed in the eyes of some.

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The initial Neilson period was weird. We were in a decent league position but let’s be honest, lots of us were bored of him and his football.

Like Nookie says, him leaving wasn’t the problem. But just about every football decision since then has been wrong, made worse by a shocking recruitment department (something Budge has never, ever addressed)

Appointing a proper manager could've made all the difference when Neilson decided to walk away to the first club that showed a sniff of interest. You get the dafties saying he left because of a plane flying overhead...nonsense! Surely he would've wanted to stay to prove the doubters wrong? If he had left because of that (which he didn't) then it makes him look weak. Run at the first sign of trouble stuff. Others say he had us in third, yes but that was when the only two teams at the top were Celtic and Aberdeen. No Hibs or Rangers. He also could've said no to MK Dons and waited until a better club came in if he was that interested in going down south. His record against Hibs was poor, he couldn't beat St Johnstone (1 win in i think 9 attempts), lost out to part-timers in Europe (about the quality of Alloa on Tuesday night funnily enough) and although most things were going right for him at the start, he decided (or someone else told him) to change the style of play to a more contained way. Poor substitutions to "keep what we had" instead of going for another goal cost us points late in games, the Hibs Cup tie the highest profile example. The fans were uneasy sitting watching it all unfold. Next he signs Sammon so, for me it was going to go downhill from that point on. The experiment with Cathro made it worse and now we are where we are through bad recruitment and scouting.

Just now, jambonian said:

Appointing a proper manager could've made all the difference when Neilson decided to walk away to the first club that showed a sniff of interest. You get the dafties saying he left because of a plane flying overhead...nonsense! Surely he would've wanted to stay to prove the doubters wrong? If he had left because of that (which he didn't) then it makes him look weak. Run at the first sign of trouble stuff. Others say he had us in third, yes but that was when the only two teams at the top were Celtic and Aberdeen. No Hibs or Rangers. He also could've said no to MK Dons and waited until a better club came in if he was that interested in going down south. His record against Hibs was poor, he couldn't beat St Johnstone (1 win in i think 9 attempts), lost out to part-timers in Europe (about the quality of Alloa on Tuesday night funnily enough) and although most things were going right for him at the start, he decided (or someone else told him) to change the style of play to a more contained way. Poor substitutions to "keep what we had" instead of going for another goal cost us points late in games, the Hibs Cup tie the highest profile example. The fans were uneasy sitting watching it all unfold. Next he signs Sammon so, for me it was going to go downhill from that point on. The experiment with Cathro made it worse and now we are where we are through bad recruitment and scouting.

Well put.. A large section of Hearts fans were more than happy when Neilson left to go to MK Dons..

Budge's biggest failure has been to inadequately replace him with someone who could lead us forward.. I'm not advocating Billy Davis for the role but he came for an interview and then ran away with zero interest due to the way she was running the club.. That should have been a warning sign for Budge.. Instead she made wrong decision after wrong decision. The latest of which was bringing Neilson back..

I could understand it first time around. Our club had just come out of administration and had been relegated. Nobody knew how we would come out of that period. However, when Neilson left first time we were sitting high in the table although we knew after games had been played we'd drop down slightly, we had a good squad and we should have went from strength to strength and challenged Celtic and Aberdeen at the top, Rangers too when they came up. Instead it has been one poor season after another.. 

If she had got it right with the manager, then nobody would have cared about forgetting to order seats, massive overspend on the stand or the variety of other complaints people have.. In football, if the team is doing well everything is rosy.. She could have left with a great deal of gratitude.. Now I just want to see the back of her..

Big Slim Stylee
4 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

Correct!

And again it raises the question of why rush to bring Neilson back? The opportunity was there to have had a complete change of direction from previous. It was a chance to take a fresh, new approach especially with Levein being off the scene!

As long as Budge goes on making this type of "safe" appointment be prepared to accept this bland, one dimensional style of football. I for one am not optimistic for any change in direction any time soon.

I don’t really get this shit. Stendel was a well out our comfort zone appointment. A whole load of circumstances entirely out our control brought that one to an end. 

Where were we supposed to go next? Any great ideas? Who was top of your list?

Some of you are batshit insane, devoid of any sense of reality and are so entitled  you’d embarrass an OF fan. It’s pathetic.

Edited by Big Slim Stylee

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

I don’t really get this shit. Stendel was a well out our comfort zone appointment. A whole load of circumstances entirely out our control brought that one to an end. 

Some of you are batshit insane, devoid of any sense of reality and are so entitled  you’d embarrass an OF fan. It’s pathetic.

How anyone can suggest that Hearts fans unhappy about being in the Championship and losing to Alloa in the League Cup are “entitled”, I’ll never know.

Big Slim Stylee
12 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

How anyone can suggest that Hearts fans unhappy about being in the Championship and losing to Alloa in the League Cup are “entitled”, I’ll never know.

Try harder. It’s desperate some of the guff on here. Nor did I mention  “Alloa” or “League Cup”. I actually don’t get seriously imbalanced when we lose a football game. Nor do I get overly bent out of shape reading your incessant moaning on here for well over 15 years 😀

36 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Good questions.  The responses will be interesting - or at least the realistic ones will be.

The Hogfather
2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Agreed. I’m very appreciative of us being in the Championship, having sat through years of declining football and piss poor decision making.

Francis Albert
6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

it’s fairer to compare against what other lenders would have charged at the time for a secured loan for a business coming out of administration. 

It was set over 6 years ago and was only on the original sum.  Not sure what rates are charged on subsequent loans though that may be in the accounts somewhere.  

Or you could compare it with £11m and counting that we have put in with no prospect of any repayment let alone interest. Same goes for Anderson's input.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Or you could compare it with £11m and counting that we have put in with no prospect of any repayment let alone interest. Same goes for Anderson's input.

You could do but a donation is different to a loan. 

Big Slim Stylee
16 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

We do it because we want to. She doesn’t have to. And lending money to us on any kind of an ROI level would be a bit rubbish tbh😀

Big Slim Stylee
47 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Good questions.  The responses will be interesting - or at least the realistic ones will be.

Nah mate never any answers. Just negatives and vitriol. Must be quite a sad way to exist?

1 hour ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Thanks for your response BSS.

But if you had read my questions more carefully and in context ....Why the rush to bring Neilson back ?

I was happy to give Stendel a season at least to see what could be done. A chance to rip the guts out of the mediocracy that has been apparent for too long. A chance to getting back to playing a more direct game. Turn Tynecastle back into a lively theatre of noise rather than the staid morgue atmosphere sampled most weeks

If I could turn back the clock I would still appoint Stendel.....Does that answer your question about who would be top of my list?

Batshit insane?.......Sorry wrong, just not happy to see the team constantly do the same thing continually badly. What ever happened to learning from your mistakes?

Entitled?......I'm a 63 year Hearts supporter......It's laughable when you talk about entitled and sense of reality! .....Maybe I should have picked between Celtic or Rangers. Thank God my Dad had the good sense to take me to Tynecastle in the 60's, but entitled....NO!

What is pathetic is the level of performance that some find acceptable. Me, Well I want to see my team worthy of the name Heart of Midlothian.....Hand on heart, it's not something we have been able to say for some time now. 

4 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Thanks for your response BSS.

But if you had read my questions more carefully and in context ....Why the rush to bring Neilson back ?

I was happy to give Stendel a season at least to see what could be done. A chance to rip the guts out of the mediocracy that has been apparent for too long. A chance to getting back to playing a more direct game. Turn Tynecastle back into a lively theatre of noise rather than the staid morgue atmosphere sampled most weeks

If I could turn back the clock I would still appoint Stendel.....Does that answer your question about who would be top of my list?

Batshit insane?.......Sorry wrong, just not happy to see the team constantly do the same thing continually badly. What ever happened to learning from your mistakes?

Entitled?......I'm a 63 year Hearts supporter......It's laughable when you talk about entitled and sense of reality! .....Maybe I should have picked between Celtic or Rangers. Thank God my Dad had the good sense to take me to Tynecastle in the 60's, but entitled....NO!

What is pathetic is the level of performance that some find acceptable. Me, Well I want to see my team worthy of the name Heart of Midlothian.....Hand on heart, it's not something we have been able to say for some time now. 

I would like to know who these top class candidates were that he was better than. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Try harder. It’s desperate some of the guff on here. Nor did I mention  “Alloa” or “League Cup”. I actually don’t get seriously imbalanced when we lose a football game. Nor do I get overly bent out of shape reading your incessant moaning on here for well over 15 years 😀

Humour me, slim. What is entitled about people being annoyed with where we are?

2 hours ago, RussAsia said:

Well put.. A large section of Hearts fans were more than happy when Neilson left to go to MK Dons..

Budge's biggest failure has been to inadequately replace him with someone who could lead us forward.. I'm not advocating Billy Davis for the role but he came for an interview and then ran away with zero interest due to the way she was running the club.. That should have been a warning sign for Budge.. Instead she made wrong decision after wrong decision. The latest of which was bringing Neilson back..

I could understand it first time around. Our club had just come out of administration and had been relegated. Nobody knew how we would come out of that period. However, when Neilson left first time we were sitting high in the table although we knew after games had been played we'd drop down slightly, we had a good squad and we should have went from strength to strength and challenged Celtic and Aberdeen at the top, Rangers too when they came up. Instead it has been one poor season after another.. 

If she had got it right with the manager, then nobody would have cared about forgetting to order seats, massive overspend on the stand or the variety of other complaints people have.. In football, if the team is doing well everything is rosy.. She could have left with a great deal of gratitude.. Now I just want to see the back of her..

How Billy Davies got to an interview beggars belief, on both sides.

Edited by DETTY29

Big Slim Stylee

Yeah that’s a reasoned response. 

There was no “rush” to bring Neilson back. The opportunity was there to get him in when frankly there was **** all else around? It won’t make us world beaters anytime soon but we never have been. It was a bold move among a sea of shite options - options severely limited by talent available, money, timing, desire to come to us.

You’re a 63 yr old fan. So you will be well-acquainted with the fact that we are as moany as shite. I’m not that far behind you but you were still suckling the last time we were anything else but a “third force”?

You well know that apart from impossibly brief periods in various decades we’ve been pretty shite tbh. 

That’s our level.

Francis Albert
26 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

We do it because we want to. She doesn’t have to. And lending money to us on any kind of an ROI level would be a bit rubbish tbh😀

Do we have to?

5 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

There was no “rush” to bring Neilson back. The opportunity was there to get him in when frankly there was **** all else around? It won’t make us world beaters anytime soon but we never have been. It was a bold move among a sea of shite options - options severely limited by talent available, money, timing, desire to come to us.

You’re a 63 yr old fan. So you will be well-acquainted with the fact that we are as moany as shite. I’m not that far behind you but you were still suckling the last time we were anything else but a “third force”?

You well know that apart from impossibly brief periods in various decades we’ve been pretty shite tbh. 

That’s our level.

We have had teams going back through the decades that we're definitely not the best, but by god they tried tried like hell once the jersey went on.
We had managers that were "fly by night", even unpopular (Ormond) but their teams at least went out and tried.

I do moan like hell, cause it matters to me.....Hearts can make or break my weekends. I'm sure they have the same effect on many on here!

We are the 3rd force......But how the hell do you challenge a power base like Celtic and Rangers who were built on decades of bigotry and hatred. If it came to making a choice.....Well I think I would just follow Rugby!
Being the 3rd force is best of the rest without the baggage....That'll do for me!

You know...In some way I can accept shit.......Let's face it, we have had to over 5 decades of following Hearts....but at least the effort was honest, and you knew that players felt it (Jefferies, Kidd, Ford, Locke) the list is endless.

Our level is certainly not this level, nor should it be.....

The Hogfather

"Ah we've been shite for years, so we shouldn't aim any higher" is the ultimate losers chat. Imagine trying to put people down because they want more from the 3rd biggest football club in the country than playing 2nd tier football.

What a complete loser you'd have to be to think this is acceptable.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
20 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

That’s our level.

My first season was 1985-86, purely by chance. I happened to be 5. We have very, very rarely been this shite since then and I’m now 40. You’re trying to equate being unhappy with the woeful position we’re in with demanding trophies or parity with the OF. That’s not what’s happening and it’s not what’s ever been happening.

As for Neilson, I was uninspired but indifferent. A safe appointment which should get us up but as usual with Budge, lacking any vision. More of a warm milk before bed choice.

21 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

That’s our level.

In almost 40 years we'd been relegated once, with a 15 point deduction and a team of kids. Until last season when we went down with the most expensive team to ever go down from the Scottish premiership. 

There might be a discussion to be had around can we expect to finish top 4 every year and if that's a reasonable expectation. But to pretend the last few years is anything other than gross mismanagement on a scale we've never seen before is ridiculous. 

As a club we've underachieved regularly, but never to this extent. Anyone thinking that the current shitshow is remotely acceptable because we have had poor seasons in the past needs to have a word. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
10 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

"Ah we've been shite for years, so we shouldn't aim any higher" is the ultimate losers chat. Imagine trying to put people down because they want more from the 3rd biggest football club in the country than playing 2nd tier football.

What a complete loser you'd have to be to think this is acceptable.

This

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

In almost 40 years we'd been relegated once, with a 15 point deduction and a team of kids. Until last season when we went down with the most expensive team to ever go down from the Scottish premiership. 

There might be a discussion to be had around can we expect to finish top 4 every year and if that's a reasonable expectation. But to pretend the last few years is anything other than gross mismanagement on a scale we've never seen before is ridiculous. 

As a club we've underachieved regularly, but never to this extent. Anyone thinking that the current shitshow is remotely acceptable because we have had poor seasons in the past needs to have a word. 

It’s one of several lines the Budge apologists peddle regularly.

12 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

Well said that man!
We are soft as 💩 from the core out. We thousands of supporters bear the brunt of what we as a club have become in the AB years. Football has taken a back seat, it’s all about corporate & being P f’ing C.

7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

it’s fairer to compare against what other lenders would have charged at the time for a secured loan for a business coming out of administration. 

It was set over 6 years ago and was only on the original sum.  Not sure what rates are charged on subsequent loans though that may be in the accounts somewhere.  

Zero interest on most recent loan. 

Big Slim Stylee
34 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

As a club we've underachieved regularly, but never to this extent. Anyone thinking that the current shitshow is remotely iureacceptable because we have had poor seasons in the past needs to have a word. 

A word with who exactly? It’s this “we’ve underachieved” shite. What is your definition of “achieved” ?

By mine it’s the odd cup in 60 years? It’s like trotting out the old “sleeping giant” nonsense. We are what we are. And frankly with recent history we’re lucky to be what we are.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I wonder how many hours have been wasted going round in circles on Kickback. 

Be more than the collective turnover for 6 years 

3 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

A word with who exactly? It’s this “we’ve underachieved” shite. What is your definition of “achieved” ?

By mine it’s the odd cup in 60 years?

Achievement relative to resources available and size of club for Hearts would have us in the top 4 and challenging for cups, sometimes we'll fall short but not getting relegated from the league short. 

It seems like you're trying to suggest that playing in the championship and losing cup games to Alloa is par for the course for Hearts as a club. It's not. 

The club is at a complete low point just now and it goes way beyond "aye well we've only won 3 cups in the last 60 years, so oh well..."

The Hogfather
13 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

By mine it’s the odd cup in 60 years? It’s like trotting out the old “sleeping giant” nonsense. We are what we are. And frankly with recent history we’re lucky to be what we are.

Yeah, yeah. We “nearly died”. You might not want to see a successful Hearts side, but don’t get smart with people who do. 

None of us can impose our values on others.  I would never mention any woman by her surname.  I expect many on here in my age group are the same.  

I would therefore have no interest in debating the OP

The thread title says it all.

Francis Albert

Strange the "she is not taking a salary" line doesn't surface much these days. Perhaps because we might have been better of paying her not to the job she has been doing for the last 5 years or so. Certainly as far as the main business of the club is concerned and maybe more generally.

Big Slim Stylee
22 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Yeah, yeah. We “nearly died”. You might not want to see a successful Hearts side, but don’t get smart with people who do. 

Yes we did. “Smart” 😀 

Francis Albert
20 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

None of us can impose our values on others.  I would never mention any woman by her surname.  I expect many on here in my age group are the same.  

I would therefore have no interest in debating the OP

The thread title says it all.

I am probably of a similar vintage but times change. I suspect most women these days expect to be addressed in the same way as men

So if Levein and Nielson and Romanov and Doncaster are acceptable why not Budge?

Big Slim Stylee
6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Strange the "she is not taking a salary" line doesn't surface much these days. Perhaps because we might have been better of paying her not to the job she has been doing for the last 5 years or so. Certainly as far as the main business of the club is concerned and maybe more generally.

Because the only tiny little minority that actually give a **** is pretty much pedantic little you?