Budge.

The Roller

48 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

When Budge decided to get Neilson back she knew she was sticking two fingers up to a large section of the support.

It was an easy decision for her to make as she doesn't like that section of our support so I'm sure she had a quiet chuckle to herself. This is despite the fact that all our fans have been putting money into the club on an almost consistent basis for years to weather the storms brought upon us by Hearts owners.

She would have known that football fans are fickle and as long as Neilson was winning then she would be able to keep the other part of the Hearts support happy. However as suspected Neilson hasn't changed in the slightest and he still has us playing honking football for the majority of games and the support is getting ever more divided.

Football club owners generally try and unite the fans behind them and the club so they call all strive to move forward together. Instead Budge believes she's better than us and is happy to upset large swathes of the Hearts support.

She's got her money back, plus a lot of interest at a high rate. She can go and take Neilson and his management team with him. I don't know who we will get in but there are plenty of managers who could do fantastically well for us and take us forward with the fans united behind the club.

You're just making that up as you go along, starts off bad enough - "getting Neilson back to stick two fingers up at a large section of the support" 🤣 , do you really think that's why we signed Robbie? Then it gets worse -pure fantasy.  If Anne Budge was wanting to stick it up the Hearts support , why did she bother putting the money up in the first place. This place and dot.nut are the only places that criticise Budge in such a way. Allegedly grown adults and Hearts fans 😮

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Francis Albert

• NANOJAMBO

8 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

You're just making that up as you go along, starts off bad enough - "getting Neilson back to stick two fingers up at a large section of the support" 🤣 , do you really think that's why we signed Robbie? Then it gets worse -pure fantasy.  If Anne Budge was wanting to stick it up the Hearts support , why did she bother putting the money up in the first place. This place and dot.nut are the only places that criticise Budge in such a way. Allegedly grown adults and Hearts fans 😮

Mate the majority of fans on this forum undoubtedly want Budge out now. It’s been evident over months. 

She has a lot of deadwood staff and players that she has to get rid off.

The way the team has started it wont get out this division apart from destroying Dundee we have huffed and puffed and looked terrible.

As for the academy and scouting maybe Locke would be better than being the Jester and ambassador, having hands on with the youth, the team with him when they were relegated had more fight than this shower.

He is also a fan how many managers have Murray Arnott  etc seen coming and going and they are still taking wages.

1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Mate the majority of fans on this forum undoubtedly want Budge out now. It’s been evident over months. 

On this forum says it all

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, cubanjambo said:

On this forum says it all

Do you regularly meet Hearts fans who think Budge is doing a good job? And if so, on what basis?

13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This has needed clarified for a long time. They seem to have no influence and quite honestly, that’s completely unacceptable given the amount of supporters cash involved.

As an example, contrast the number of statements FOH issued about the SPFL compared to the number they have every released about the running of the club. They’re too worried about their meal ticket to represent us

Then it is up to the FoH members to appoint people who are in touch with the membership.

Then we may see a different tact?

3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

There's a way to discuss people without making things up about them, that's not aimed at you by the way

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I meant specifically about the CEO ? The bit I highlighted.

Apologies, Yes it was what I have heard.

3 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

The reason Neilson was appointed is Ann Budge is a control freak, she is reluctant to employ people she doesn't know. She knew Robbie, and with the Stendel failure he was an easy choice.

Her Brother got the work for the main Stand despite never having dealt with a project anything close to that magnitude. It is no wonder it went over budget by millions and some areas are not finished.

The new CEO is the husband of Hearts Lawyer.

With an approach to business with that mindset, we are never going to realise our true potential until she goes. The only method is to withhold FOH donations and force her out imo.

Are all the office staff people who have previously worked with her, and have any of them had previous experience working at a club?  

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Do you regularly meet Hearts fans who think Budge is doing a good job? And if so, on what basis?

I regularly meet Hearts fans, so yes. Anne Budge is not immune to criticism. But there's a difference between criticising someone and making up a lot of absolute fantasy tosh about them.  We're not in a great place at the moment that is for all to see. She is doing the job that she has the best she can. When I discuss with other Hearts about fans results  - good and bad - it's not normally the Chairperson that gets blamed for the on field antics if players are doing well or aren't doing the business.  But on this forum even the reps on the FOH , who are voluntary and doing a terrific job are criticised too. Do you believe that's acceptable for grown adults to behave like that?

8 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

I regularly meet Hearts fans, so yes. Anne Budge is not immune to criticism. But there's a difference between criticising someone and making up a lot of absolute fantasy tosh about them.  We're not in a great place at the moment that is for all to see. She is doing the job that she has the best she can. When I discuss with other Hearts about fans results  - good and bad - it's not normally the Chairperson that gets blamed for the on field antics if players are doing well or aren't doing the business.  But on this forum even the reps on the FOH , who are voluntary and doing a terrific job are criticised too. Do you believe that's acceptable for grown adults to behave like that?

In what way is she or FOH doing a fantastic job? We're in the championship and just got papped out the league cup by a bunch of guys that train 2 hours twice a week on top of full time jobs. 

It's clear the club has been going in a downward trajectory for years under the current regime. 

True, the board don't go out and play on the park but they are responsible for creating the culture and putting in place things to make us successful on the park. The CEO of McDonald's doesn't flip burgers, but it would be stupid to suggest they aren't key to the success or failure of the business. 

36 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

Yes I really believe that's why we signed Neilson. She knew it would be an unpopular appointment by a large section of the support but she didn't care. She believed she knew better. However a couple of months in and the brutal football is back.

She put the money in and took a lot more back out. In this testing financial time it must have been great for her to guarantee herself a high interest rate on her money whilst also raising her public profile.

My only question to you is why would an owner bring back an unpopular manager at a time when the club needed it's fans backing and unity throughout?

21 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

The club is rotten. There is a serious problem that’s been going on for years. The buck stops with Budge. She’s accountable for it all. Time she faced the music instead of smokescreen, mirrors and getting her cronies to firefight on her behalf. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
20 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

The problem is that there is no accountability. It feels like Budge could drag us down another two leagues and people would still say ‘she’s doing what she thinks is best’.

This is why managers get punted - because they’re doing a poor job. But she is basically untouchable.

As for the FOH reps, they’re not representing our concerns so to say they’re doing a terrific job is ridiculous.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, weehammy said:

She’ll remain untouchable until the share transfer.

And afterwards, I suspect. If the share transfer even happens.

It is time for FOH to make a statement as to when an actual date for the shares transfer will take place. When the transfer happens we need a complete change at boardroom level. The entire set up between the club and FOH needs streamlined, people with football knowledge appointed ( JJ for example) to the board as opposed to financial and legal experts. There is not one person on either board who has any previous knowledge of how to run the football side of the business, hence the reason we have lurched from one cock up to the next, our league placings worse and worse and have wasted God only knows how much on endless failures on the pitch. I have said on another thread there are to many who are just enjoying the position they have found themselves in. Whilst they may be working for nothing and should expect some perks along the way, the club is none the less suffering big time. Players have a shelf life, managers have one and so should club owners and directors. It is the only way to freshen things up as opposed to the endless mediocrity we find ourselves in.

Again I am scratching my head are the people who are saying budge out are not realising she is no longer in charge. She is the owner but she is no longer CEO. Budge out but what will be the difference on the field? Interested to know as I am confident that we would lose money through the benefactors of the field. 

3 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Fair enough - BRFC is a distraction 👍

I totally  agree with the above. It's well past time for FoH to represent their members interests and start asking for clear answers to simple but important questions. 

I only refer to Blackburn as an example of how the fans can think the future is secure but can readily be manipulated! Our FoH may not be the utopia everyone thinks!

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Rods said:

Again I am scratching my head are the people who are saying budge out are not realising she is no longer in charge. She is the owner but she is no longer CEO. Budge out but what will be the difference on the field? Interested to know as I am confident that we would lose money through the benefactors of the field. 

She still (strangely given the terms of her agreement with FOH) owns 90% or so of the shares six months after FOH should have acquired 75.1%. So Ann remains fully in charge She appointed the CEO and the team she appointed to the club board and other positions will be reappointed at the forthcoming AGM. 

FOH if and when it gets round to doing what it is there to do will have control. Not day to day or month to month control, rightly. I would not want the FOH board running the club!

But if it had fulfilled the terms of the FOH/Bidco agreement and secured its controlling interest it would for example have the power to reject Ann's nominees and her own re-election  and elect alternative club board members. 

Whether it should do so or not is a matter for debate and consultation perhaps with FOH members. But not having the power to do so is IMO a result of the FOH board not doing what it is there for ... fulfilling the promise of "fan ownership" which its members have paid over £11 m to secure.

23 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Should have done the honourable thing and resigned at the end of last season given the disasters she's overseen.

Bringing back Neilson seemed a bad idea at the time and it's starting to look very bad now.

Massive changes needed at the club.

She needs to take a step back and get Dempster in to run the club before she gets a job elsewhere. Budge has proved that she's not up to it.

3 hours ago, steven_mck said:

It just feels that the players are often separated from the fans. Also we don't own the training facilities at Riccarton. If you walk around it just feels like being in a University campus. Main problem is the players coming in often haven't been good enough.

Take a look at Hibs training ground on Google Maps, and you'll see why we're much better off.

If Hearts had to copy Hibs, it wouldn't take much.

11 minutes ago, Maple said:

She needs to take a step back and get Dempster in to run the club before she gets a job elsewhere. Budge has proved that she's not up to it.

Too far. 😂

15 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

She still (strangely given the terms of her agreement with FOH) owns 90% or so of the shares six months after FOH should have acquired 75.1%. So Ann remains fully in charge She appointed the CEO and the team she appointed to the club board and other positions will be reappointed at the forthcoming AGM. 

FOH if and when it gets round to doing what it is there to do will have control. Not day to day or month to month control, rightly. I would not want the FOH board running the club!

But if it had fulfilled the terms of the FOH/Bidco agreement and secured its controlling interest it would for example have the power to reject Ann's nominees and her own re-election  and elect alternative club board members. 

Whether it should do so or not is a matter for debate and consultation perhaps with FOH members. But not having the power to do so is IMO a result of the FOH board not doing what it is there for ... fulfilling the promise of "fan ownership" which its members have paid over £11 m to secure.

Can’t disagree with anything said here. The point I was trying to make is she has stepped aside and the difference if she goes on the park will be zero. Let her hang around in a non footballing side(which she is) and keep the money coming in. 

She is no longer involved in football decisions. People saying take a step back I am confused when she actually done that in August. We better be careful of throwing the baby out with the bathwater. 

Edited by Rods

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

good to see just how unpopular queen Ann has become

it is very well deserved

hopefully she will be leaving soon also fully deserving of the credit in helping to save hearts

pls go soon queen Ann :)

Edited by MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Rods said:

Can’t disagree with anything said here. The point I was trying to make is she has stepped aside and the difference if she goes on the park will be zero. Let her hang around in a non footballing side(which she is) and keep the money coming in. We need it for sure. 

Sorry but as 90% owner she is not "Just hanging around". She decides who runs the club as she is doing at next months AGM.

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This is why managers get punted - because they’re doing a poor job. But she is basically untouchable.

But most owners of companies are.

4 hours ago, Gambo said:

With the absolute shit fest he was left it was going to take more than 4 month to sort out. He also had to contend with the problem lurking in the background. He had to try and train them how to play football again.

Yes the goalie situation he has no excuse for, but looking back individual errors cost us badly, real bad.

He needed more time before being judged imo.

Its different for Neilson, he knows the set up, we know his borefest style, he has little time.

So Neilson doesn’t get the ‘ more than four months to sort out the absolute shitfest’ that you think Stendel needed?  Different standards for different managers?  Any manager coming in this summer needs a lot more than four months, and no money, to sort out the squad. 

23 minutes ago, Maple said:

Dempsey has a job 

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, Boris said:

She should have ceased to be owner about six months ago. I assume at the FoH AGM the question of why she didn't will be asked and clearly answered.

In fact it is odd that FOH hasn't already given us a better answer than "Covid means we can't have a ceremony". 

Edited by Francis Albert

5 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

The reason Neilson was appointed is Ann Budge is a control freak, she is reluctant to employ people she doesn't know. She knew Robbie, and with the Stendel failure he was an easy choice.

Her Brother got the work for the main Stand despite never having dealt with a project anything close to that magnitude. It is no wonder it went over budget by millions and some areas are not finished.

The new CEO is the husband of Hearts Lawyer.

With an approach to business with that mindset, we are never going to realise our true potential until she goes. The only method is to withhold FOH donations and force her out imo.

What’s the name of Hearts lawyer that is married to McKinlay? 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So Neilson doesn’t get the ‘ more than four months to sort out the absolute shitfest’ that you think Stendel needed?  Different standards for different managers?  Any manager coming in this summer needs a lot more than four months, and no money, to sort out the squad. 

Neilson had a summer, had his own team, came into surroundings he was used to. Starting afresh in a lower league.

Stendel come in mid-season to the SPL, had to fight to bring his team in bits and pieces,   had to cope with Levein lurking around, had to cope with coming in at a time we were fighting at bottom.

Big big differences.

2 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Are all the office staff people who have previously worked with her, and have any of them had previous experience working at a club?  

Very doubtful I would think.

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

What’s the name of Hearts lawyer that is married to McKinlay? 

According to the Times his wife is the Central Services Director at Hearts.

3 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

How ?

Did they recruit him?

Did they/ do they have any say in "the football dept" ? 

They were fellow Directors with the Director of Football who was the executive they were supposed to scrutinise.  If they did not agree with the disastrous way Levein was allowed to run the club they should have resigned. 

I hope Cumming will be voted out next month.

Aside from my earlier post, I view Ann like this.

If we were offered a top notch player even for free, Morelos for arguments sake. Trouble but will fight for the club and knows where the goal is. Because he isn't a choir boy she wouldn't want him at the club.

People saying let's get Lafferty back or Cummings, it's never going to happen because they're not always well behaved and more than happy to tell opposition support to feck off.

She seems to value being 'nice' over winning. The vanity projects like the womens team, catering etc are just that, vanity projects.

Banning people for singing songs with sweary words is absolutely ridiculous. Tynecastle isn't a library or bingo hall, it's a FOOTBALL STADIUM where people expect to watch FOOTBALL. 

As long as she's here she'll take the nice, soft easy option with CL no doubt still whispering in her ear.

Thanks for everything and all that but enoughs enough now. Budge out.

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Board directors have scope to discuss and vote on anything the board discusses. They are not restricted to any ‘specislism’. 

They typically can only manage the performance of any executive directors or managers who report directly to board members. In our case Budge as executive chairperson is the only one actually reporting to the board. I think. Our governance structure is a bit out of kilter with current guidelines but we are in transition   

29 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Neilson had a summer, had his own team, came into surroundings he was used to. Starting afresh in a lower league.

Stendel come in mid-season to the SPL, had to fight to bring his team in bits and pieces,   had to cope with Levein lurking around, had to cope with coming in at a time we were fighting at bottom.

Big big differences.

Stendel was given much more flexibility in terms of bringing players in than Neilson has had so far. 

5 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Aside from my earlier post, I view Ann like this.

If we were offered a top notch player even for free, Morelos for arguments sake. Trouble but will fight for the club and knows where the goal is. Because he isn't a choir boy she wouldn't want him at the club.

People saying let's get Lafferty back or Cummings, it's never going to happen because they're not always well behaved and more than happy to tell opposition support to feck off.

She seems to value being 'nice' over winning. The vanity projects like the womens team, catering etc are just that, vanity projects.

Banning people for singing songs with sweary words is absolutely ridiculous. Tynecastle isn't a library or bingo hall, it's a FOOTBALL STADIUM where people expect to watch FOOTBALL. 

As long as she's here she'll take the nice, soft easy option with CL no doubt still whispering in her ear.

Thanks for everything and all that but enoughs enough now. Budge out.

Who has been banned for singing songs with swear words? What were the songs?

27 minutes ago, Coco said:

According to the Times his wife is the Central Services Director at Hearts.

What’s her name? I haven’t yet come across anyone with that jib title at Hearts. She certainly isn’t a board member. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
52 minutes ago, Boris said:

Most companies would have punted her for her performance ages ago, especially if another buyer had agreed a deal to take over.

7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Most companies would have punted her for her performance ages ago, especially if another buyer had agreed a deal to take over.

When they own 90% of it? Behave.

6 minutes ago, Sertse said:

So as yet no one has been banned? And by sweary words, you mean sectarian or racist chants/songs? As per the article.

So you think it's ok for sectarianism or racism to come from our fans? Based on your previous post, of course.

Edited by Boris

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You’re acting like this is BHS ffs

Hardly. With the greatest respect, you're making comments about selling companies and takeovers without really understanding how these things work.

I'm no expert, far from it, but if I own a company and my customers aren't happy at how I run it, they can't just demand I sell up.

2 hours ago, RussAsia said:

Yes I really believe that's why we signed Neilson. She knew it would be an unpopular appointment by a large section of the support but she didn't care. She believed she knew better. However a couple of months in and the brutal football is back.

She put the money in and took a lot more back out. In this testing financial time it must have been great for her to guarantee herself a high interest rate on her money whilst also raising her public profile.

My only question to you is why would an owner bring back an unpopular manager at a time when the club needed it's fans backing and unity throughout?

It still reads to me like it's coming out of your head and not hers.

She put the money in and took a lot more back? Do you mean she put a lot of money in and took back with interest? Not as much a testing financial time as when we were in administration and she was the only one willing to put her money where her mouth is.

Do you call Anne Budge wishing to raise her public profile because she wants to and is trying hard on behalf of HMFC, maybe she should have done it all anonymously.

My answer to your only question is that Robbie Neilson has never been an unpopular manager with the vast majority of the Hearts support. He left when we were second or third in the league for probably a higher paid job as would most of us, he pissed the championship by record points, so why would any fan think that wasn't good enough? maybe a section of the support and the interlopers  that frequent here and can't wait to have a wee bitchfest when we get beat. Which unfortunately won't be the last this season I suspect.  Haters gonna hate

2 hours ago, RussAsia said:

Do you know this for fact and if so what are the figures from the paragraph statement you’re alluding to? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 minutes ago, Boris said:

Hardly. With the greatest respect, you're making comments about selling companies and takeovers without really understanding how these things work.

I'm no expert, far from it, but if I own a company and my customers aren't happy at how I run it, they can't just demand I sell up.

I get that I’m being simplistic but this is not her club or ultimately her company. Not really.

I guess my frustration is that FOH should have taken over by now. I’ve got no doubt that Budge can and probably is playing them for fools