Budge.

The Roller

Just now, cubanjambo said:

Most if not all managers of HMFC under her tenure have been given a budget and have given free reign to pick whatever players they need and we can afford. We have had 2 managers that have failed during her tenure, that happens too. Robbie Neilson is not one of them. Brilliant job FOH has done hats off to them, voluntary work and lots of unpaid work , just like Ann by the way. Top end of the top league when Robbie left. If the favourites won every time would be a pretty dour place, unlike here.

👍

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Francis Albert

• NANOJAMBO

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The top tripadvisor restaurant in the city must be worth a few bob? 

Anyway it's not the point

It has nothing to do with the FOH takeover. Unless FOH has agreed to a change on the terms of their/our agreement with Ann.

Nope, the takeover monies have all been repaid. 

13 minutes ago, sadj said:

Been done to death on here. The interest rate and the fact she has worked without a wage since she took over. So interest compared to the wage of a CEO would be interesting to see. No point responding to that poster on certain topics though. 

Agreed Sadj. I’m getting the stench of vermin a lot on here this weekend. Prevalent when we self implode like yesterday. 

AB deserves a salary or interest on her investment. No one in any industry that I know of, works for nothing. She’s entitled to me this and without her loan/investment, we wouldn’t be here. We have a lot to be thankful for and I don’t get the seethe of some people about her. Yes she’s made bad decisions and she’s first to realise this. The good definitely outweigh the bad for me though and she’ll be desperate to get things right on and off the park, with a trophy thrown in, before she decides to step down.

The defeat yesterday will hurt her just as much as it hurt all of us and compounded further with the green erse cheek going out today. 

5 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Agreed Sadj. I’m getting the stench of vermin a lot on here this weekend. Prevalent when we self implode like yesterday. 

AB deserves a salary or interest on her investment. No one in any industry that I know of, works for nothing. She’s entitled to me this and without her loan/investment, we wouldn’t be here. We have a lot to be thankful for and I don’t get the seethe of some people about her. Yes she’s made bad decisions and she’s first to realise this. The good definitely outweigh the bad for me though and she’ll be desperate to get things right on and off the park, with a trophy thrown in, before she decides to step down.

The defeat yesterday will hurt her just as much as it hurt all of us and compounded further with the green erse cheek going out today. 

100% some fans have short memories in what she done for us!

Toxteth O'Grady
24 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not at all, he put a bogie in Nelm’s champers, apparently. 

He was going to but changed his mind at the last minute 

27 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

Aye, there is a limit to the credit putting some money in gets you (and I've always been of the opinion that someone else would have come in, if she hadn't).  Plus, I'm fairly certain that, as a percerntage of our savings, most of us have given more to Hearts than Budge has. And on the field she's made one bad decision after another.

We really are the most forgiving support in football.

Forgiving support 😂😂😂😂

20 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Ask the members maybe? 

Why dont you? 🤔 

I would think that FOH would be glad not to be taking over at this time. 

Wonder why ? 🤔 

52 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I get that I’m being simplistic but this is not her club or ultimately her company. Not really.

I guess my frustration is that FOH should have taken over by now. I’ve got no doubt that Budge can and probably is playing them for fools

Get the frustration re FoH, but legally it's hers.

Not sure I agree with your second point.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
16 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Sick of the “she’s the first to realise it” nonsense. Is she bollocks. She’s usually the last.

54 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Ann has already sold up. The buyers for some reason seem unwilling to complete the purchase by sending her a cheque for £100k of our money which had been sitting in FOH's account for 6 months.

So until complete, it's still hers.

Curious comments came from the documentary. Because we were in the !ower league, she was looking  to win all the games now. Really wonder how such arrogance  goes down with upcoming opponents.

There seems to be a lack of respect for lower league competition which is no surprise as there was a complete lack of awareness\respect  of top league competition!

What has been allowed to happen to the club in the last few years is so bad it is beyond belief. Completely avoidable and can be set apart from the save the club chat.

It's simple in Scotland. Acquire  players who have no ego other than the one shown once they cross the white line. And develop them further.

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The problem is that there is no accountability. It feels like Budge could drag us down another two leagues and people would still say ‘she’s doing what she thinks is best’.

This is why managers get punted - because they’re doing a poor job. But she is basically untouchable.

As for the FOH reps, they’re not representing our concerns so to say they’re doing a terrific job is ridiculous.

Bit silly if you think she's doing her best to get us down a few leagues.

Two managers failed and punted during her tenure. Robbie wasn't one of them.

How can you tell me or any other FOH member that they are not representing my concerns. They also do a lot of voluntary hours and work as does Anne. Once more terrific job. But hey, few fickle fans on a football forum say otherwise.

38 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

We were told we wouldn't want to celebrate and we could not have ceremonial handover. I don't remember us being asked. Personally I could do with a wee celebration and don't give a toss about ceremonies other than trophy parades. 

FA please get your name on the ballot list for the FoH vacancies, particularly the finance -skilled vacancy. Then, popular as you are on here, you will undoubtedly get the vote and then you can sort out all the FoH ownership stuff before next season starts. 

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Curious comments came from the documentary. Because we were in the !ower league, she was looking  to win all the games now. Really wonder how such arrogance  goes down with upcoming opponents.

There seems to be a lack of respect for lower league competition which is no surprise as there was a complete lack of awareness\respect  of top league competition!

What has been allowed to happen to the club in the last few years is so bad it is beyond belief. Completely avoidable and can be set apart from the save the club chat.

It's simple in Scotland. Acquire  players who have no ego other than the one shown once they cross the white line. And develop them further.

Eh! there's been more than a few posters on here saying the same thing. What would you have though if she'd said anything different.

And having a club to moan about is worse that having a club to mourne is it? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

Bit silly if you think she's doing her best to get us down a few leagues.

Two managers failed and punted during her tenure. Robbie wasn't one of them.

How can you tell me or any other FOH member that they are not representing my concerns. They also do a lot of voluntary hours and work as does Anne. Once more terrific job. But hey, few fickle fans on a football forum say otherwise.

Fickle fans = fans with standards.

You have none, which is your prerogative tbf

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

Eh! there's been more than a few posters on here saying the same thing. What would you have though if she'd said anything different.

And having a club to moan about is worse that having a club to mourne is it? 

You just don't say it. It was said almost sheepishly too. Like , we ****ed it up in the top league but you know, we can now look forward to winning every game now. **** me. TRY AND LEARN FROM YOUR SIX YEARS. As I say, save the talk for the pitch.

Just said, failure can be discussed without the need for the 'save the club' chat

44 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Ok what reasons? The virus might have been passed in the bank transfer?

Thats just being obstinate , is your job secure just now? Is your business not at risk? There is such uncertainty in the world just now keeping a stable set up is far more sensible just now. Handing it over means looking to implement the new structure which I would personally think is better being held off until things are more settled in the world. 

34 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

Most if not all managers of HMFC under her tenure have been given a budget and have given free reign to pick whatever players they need and we can afford. We have had 2 managers that have failed during her tenure, that happens too. Robbie Neilson is not one of them. Brilliant job FOH has done hats off to them, voluntary work and lots of unpaid work , just like Ann by the way. Top end of the top league when Robbie left. If the favourites won every time would be a pretty dour place, unlike here.

On balance, paying someone competent a salary to run the club wouldn't have seen us relegated and saved a few million. Plus the millions wasted on awful recruitment and the extra £12m on the stand (£6.5m in the pockets of her brothers diddy joinery firm who miraculously won the contract). Failing to see how having a massive budget and achieving absolutely nothing is a good job. 

Trying to pass off being relegated behind; Livi, Hamilton, St Mirren and Ross County and with the 4th biggest budget in the league as "oh well can't win them all" is the most Budge thing ever. Sad that this is what we've become. 

11 hours ago, MCW1976 said:

I bow to your superior knowledge.

PS. I'm certain Hearts have played a lot of games on that full-size, indoor, plastic pitch?

Trust me they haven't. It's usually reserved for the sru or sfa performance academy. It currently is out of use at this moment in time for all due to the govt. Decicing it is an indoor pitch as it has a roof over it. Oriam are currently working on as report sending to the govt to explain it is indeed an outdoor facility all be it with a roof over it as the airflow is sufficient enough to demonstrate it as such. 

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Fickle fans = fans with standards.

You have none, which is your prerogative tbf

Fickle fans can mean a few things, this could get good.

What standards am i lacking in?

Failing to slag my own team , failing to slag off my management , failing to make up untruths about our chairperson be nice to find out keyboard psychologist.

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats just being obstinate , is your job secure just now? Is your business not at risk? There is such uncertainty in the world just now keeping a stable set up is far more sensible just now. Handing it over means looking to implement the new structure which I would personally think is better being held off until things are more settled in the world. 

There would have been no obligation  to implement a new structure. FOH could and almost certainly would have retained Ann and her structure. But that would have been up to FOH as majority owner. In line with whole point of FOH.

On 28/11/2020 at 19:16, Valois No1 said:

Overall it her responsibility. She is the captain of the ship regardless of what you say. Honestly it’s people like you that have got Hearts in the state they are in......total happy clapper. PATHETIC

First it's the Budge, now its random fans.  

On 28/11/2020 at 19:16, steven_mck said:

Is it the culture at the club? The players when they train at Riccarton are so far away from the fans, staff and stadium. 

I doubt the office culture affects the team one iota. Wages, win bonuses v flat salary, ability & desire do. It frustrates that these players have it very, very good with training facilities etc but aren't delivering.  

22 hours ago, Barney bulge said:

Anyone with a few quid to spare can lend someone money. Doesn’t mean that they then know what they are doing. She’s taking the club constantly backwards for years now with her shockingly poor decision making,From managers,to player recruitment,to wrecking the million pound pitch,to spending money appealing inevitable relegation which could have been spent on Gordon in January and saved the hassle,( everyone knew pereira wasn’t a real goalie and something had to be done) paying over the odds to her brother for the stand rebuild,to forgetting to order seats, to letting McPhee wear that suit at the semi final ( pure ridder).  where to stop !!!! 

Honestly, Budge, hen your sartorial tips are just the worst - no wonder we lost to Alloa.

40 minutes ago, kila said:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/ann-budge-statement

"We must make changes. We must stop thinking short-term. We must put in place a 3-5-year plan that will see our commercial activities totally re-vamped, such that they once again provide a solid financial under-pinning to our football club; and we must also completely revitalise and re-focus the football side of our club."

🤷‍♂️

This sentence implies they are linked, otherwise why use a ; and not make it a new sentence.

She also said stuff like this back in May 2018:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44216233

"We want to be regularly in Europe, and we are not going to change from our position - we want to be top three or four in Scotland; that is the way we plan, and for this coming season as well."

:facepalm:

They have to be linked that fair comment but the 3-5 year plan is a Commercial plan to secure the football clubs sustainability. The and we must also completely revitalise and re-focus the football side of our club."  Says just that we need to have a plan there too. It is not the plan referred to on here nor is it a statement of what that will be. 

It was a genuine question , most people on here jump up and down and shout “but but the 5 year plan minn the 5 year plan”  

33 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Forgiving support 😂😂😂😂

Often a comment made about fans who dont hate Ann by the same people who celebrate Romanov as the hero of all heros. 

5 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

On balance, paying someone competent a salary to run the club wouldn't have seen us relegated and saved a few million. Plus the millions wasted on awful recruitment and the extra £12m on the stand (£6.5m in the pockets of her brothers diddy joinery firm who miraculously won the contract). Failing to see how having a massive budget and achieving absolutely nothing is a good job. 

Trying to pass off being relegated behind; Livi, Hamilton, St Mirren and Ross County and with the 4th biggest budget in the league as "oh well can't win them all" is the most Budge thing ever. Sad that this is what we've become. 

churning up the same old sh*t, Thats the football business man , Haters gonna hate

Just now, cubanjambo said:

churning up the same old sh*t, Thats the football business man , Haters gonna hate

😂 Ok mate. 

Seems like you're one of the few that if Budge curled one out on your carpet you'd thank her for the privilege. 

6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

There would have been no obligation  to implement a new structure. FOH could and almost certainly would have retained Ann and her structure. But that would have been up to FOH as majority owner. In line with whole point of FOH.

Structure is probably the wrong word but hey ho. Others will know what i mean and be able to communicate it better.

However you think all that is involved in the handover of the club should have been done no matter the uncertainty of the world right now. I disagree. Stability is huge just now and doing what you can to maintain it to me makes sense.

We arent about to get it handed to us then go right thats it we make the decisions now so sack Robbie therefore whilst this is ongoing I think sticking with how we are is best.

What do you expect to change when it gets handed over or is it just you dont like Ann and want to shout and bawl about nothing?

6 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

We're in the football business. Heart of Midlothian FOOTBALL Club. Comfort must not be for the Owners/Directors of Football/Coaches. If discomfort to the above list comes before the benefit of the club, something is wrong.

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

They have to be linked that fair comment but the 3-5 year plan is a Commercial plan to secure the football clubs sustainability. The and we must also completely revitalise and re-focus the football side of our club."  Says just that we need to have a plan there too. It is not the plan referred to on here nor is it a statement of what that will be. 

It was a genuine question , most people on here jump up and down and shout “but but the 5 year plan minn the 5 year plan”  

Well whatever the number of years the plan, the point is Budge made noise about planning for the football team to be successful, top 4 team and challenging in Europe.

That plan has been a complete failure and we're going backwards. This is being amplified by her set up being people she is familiar/comfortable with. She kept Levein on because it was too emotional (as per Levein's remark in the documentary) and that's exactly why she went for Robbie again while Stendel was still manager.

Big change is needed at the top to set a new tone and culture. This simply cannot be a Budge-and-pals set up anymore.

Fluorescent Adolescent
7 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

He was here last night - unlike you. 

He’s not been anywhere near Tynecastle for many a year 

Just now, kila said:

Well whatever the number of years the plan, the point is Budge made noise about planning for the football team to be successful, top 4 team and challenging in Europe.

That plan has been a complete failure and we're going backwards. This is being amplified by her set up being people she is familiar/comfortable with. She kept Levein on because it was too emotional (as per Levein's remark in the documentary) and that's exactly why she went for Robbie again while Stendel was still manager.

Big change is needed at the top to set a new tone and culture. This simply cannot be a Budge-and-pals set up anymore.

I think Budge and pals is a bit extreme but I also do agree that with the commercial plan that has been a success the on field performances have been dire and far from what should be acceptable with those commercial successes.

There does seem to be a culture of comfort ahead of desire and fight to achieve more in the first team. Wether that is similar throughout the off field side of the club i dont know. Iv not watched the docu so cant comment on that. What I do know is that things are not acceptable to any of us. Body language has not said much in a positive sense to me for a long time.

6 minutes ago, kila said:

👍 

Just now, The Fonz said:

😂 Ok mate. 

Seems like you're one of the few that if Budge curled one out on your carpet you'd thank her for the privilege. 

One of the few ? There's loads of us all converging in our big spacious  cave . Aye of course i would and I would pay her, the players, management and office staff cos that's how us fans with no standards work. Well Fonz, feeling better about that? I thought I had a good imagination 'til I came on here , all the CEO , work management, finance , law , football management, psychology, 5-a-side, construction experts. Oh forgot about the FOH experts too. Magic educational place to be 

10 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

We're in the football business. Heart of Midlothian FOOTBALL Club. Comfort must not be for the Owners/Directors of Football/Coaches. If discomfort to the above list comes before the benefit of the club, something is wrong.

Well you tell me as I don't know, do you think the owners and management are sitting comfortable just now. Do you really think they will not be doing long hours and sleepless nights to rectify whatever is not going to plan at Tynecastle? Genuine question

6 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

One of the few ? There's loads of us all converging in our big spacious  cave . Aye of course i would and I would pay her, the players, management and office staff cos that's how us fans with no standards work. Well Fonz, feeling better about that? I thought I had a good imagination 'til I came on here , all the CEO , work management, finance , law , football management, psychology, 5-a-side, construction experts. Oh forgot about the FOH experts too. Magic educational place to be 

Don't know about a big cave, but a few usual suspects popping up on the threads on here. 

I don't think anyone was suggesting that the board be made up of random JKB punters, although they'd struggle to do worse. It doesn't take an expert to see that the current board have failed abysmally. 

The business is football and unfortunately business is absolutely terrible, has been for a long time. There aren't many walks of life where you can be head of an organisation that performs as shambolically as we have and not catch any flak. 

1 minute ago, cubanjambo said:

Well you tell me as I don't know, do you think the owners and management are sitting comfortable just now. Do you really think they will not be doing long hours and sleepless nights to rectify whatever is not going to plan at Tynecastle? Genuine question

I am saying they make decisions based on what they feel comfortable with; What gives them comfort. Has been happening  for years. Levein, who, though no longer here, leaves a legacy, and did things that were comfortable for him . Budge admired Levein. It's way beyond what was anything to do with the ACTUAL club. Neilson ends up back at Hearts and we are to believe Levein had no input in that. The comfort goes on. 

Working hard to retrieve the situation needs a whole fresh approach.

Francis Albert
33 minutes ago, sadj said:

Structure is probably the wrong word but hey ho. Others will know what i mean and be able to communicate it better.

However you think all that is involved in the handover of the club should have been done no matter the uncertainty of the world right now. I disagree. Stability is huge just now and doing what you can to maintain it to me makes sense.

We arent about to get it handed to us then go right thats it we make the decisions now so sack Robbie therefore whilst this is ongoing I think sticking with how we are is best.

What do you expect to change when it gets handed over or is it just you dont like Ann and want to shout and bawl about nothing?

I have said nothing about getting rid of Robbie or not liking Ann. My only point has been that FOH should have the power to make those choices because they should now be 75.1% owners. No-one has explained why they are not except vague nonsense about Covid and stability. TBH I don't think the footnall club feels particularly stable at present where it matters.

1 minute ago, The Fonz said:

Don't know about a big cave, but a few usual suspects popping up on the threads on here. 

I don't think anyone was suggesting that the board be made up of random JKB punters, although they'd struggle to do worse. It doesn't take an expert to see that the current board have failed abysmally. 

The business is football and unfortunately business is absolutely terrible, has been for a long time. There aren't many walks of life where you can be head of an organisation that performs as shambolically as we have and not catch any flak. 

Iv'e said before that no-one is untouchable including AB from criticism, but a lot of the time on here it's lies , fantasy or over the top. We will at sometime get a new manager and new board and I will support that as wholeheartedly as I have this board or any other Hearts board. Some won't.

Ann Budge has built and runs a very successful venue and hospitality business, underpinned by the loyalty of the fans of the football club. Thats her strength; building a biusiness, football clearly isn't even by her own admissions, and there's the problem for us fans. 

The Football is all we really care about, we'll take any old shite behind the scenes if the football is good. I just hope she can unearth a football person to run the football matters who she trusts like she did Levein who is competent in their role unlike Levein.

Her success off the pitch is incredible and will serve us well going forward if she can get the football on the pitch to work.

The opinions on here are so polarised on AB. It's acceptable to say she's been great for the club in a commercial sense, thank her for helping to save the club but also be unhappy with the state of the football being served up. I doubt Ann Budge herself would argue with that. She needs to understand football is like no other business (the summer should have taught her that) it's about winning, everything else's is irrelevant and without a ruthless streak you can't win. It's the most selfish business out there no one looks out for another club, players don't care about other players, managers come and go and fans will forgive a lot for a winning team.

52 minutes ago, kila said:

I'm intrigued by this BUDGE and PALS set up. 

How does that work then ? 

You do realise Robbie had us top end of the top league when he left? He had Dundee Utd coasting their league when we were voted down. To some Craig Levein will be the spectre of Tyncastle and there will be no changing that but I think he or Robbo was the best Hearts player in my lifetime, was behind the building of the Wheatfield Stand finances, done well 1st stint as manager, pish second stint so only done one bad stint at Tynie over 30years.Ann Budge didn't need Craig Levein to tell her Robbie was a good Scottish manager. I think Robbie is there on merit and glad to have him

Edited by cubanjambo

17 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Ann Budge has built and runs a very successful venue and hospitality business, underpinned by the loyalty of the fans of the football club. Thats her strength; building a biusiness, football clearly isn't even by her own admissions, and there's the problem for us fans. 

The Football is all we really care about, we'll take any old shite behind the scenes if the football is good. I just hope she can unearth a football person to run the football matters who she trusts like she did Levein who is competent in their role unlike Levein.

Her success off the pitch is incredible and will serve us well going forward if she can get the football on the pitch to work.

The opinions on here are so polarised on AB. It's acceptable to say she's been great for the club in a commercial sense, thank her for helping to save the club but also be unhappy with the state of the football being served up. I doubt Ann Budge herself would argue with that. She needs to understand football is like no other business (the summer should have taught her that) it's about winning, everything else's is irrelevant and without a ruthless streak you can't win. It's the most selfish business out there no one looks out for another club, players don't care about other players, managers come and go and fans will forgive a lot for a winning team.

A lot of sense in that post 👍

21 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

great post👍

7 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

You do realise Robbie had us top end of the top league when he left? He had Dundee Utd coasting their league when we were voted down. To some Craig Levein will be the spectre of Tyncastle and there will be no changing that but I think he or Robbo was the best Hearts player in my lifetime, was behind the building of the Wheatfield Stand finances, done well 1st stint as manager, pish second stint so only done one bad stint at Tynie over 30years.Ann Budge didn't need Craig Levein to tell her Robbie was a good Scottish manager. I think Robbie is there on merit and glad to have him

There's just been a lot of farce. From Cathro, to interviewing candidates before the Levein appointment, to 'great character' Stendel. Unfortunately, currently, there seems more grit at other clubs and its been this way since 2015-16. It doesn't take much to see what works in Scottish football

4 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

The bottom line here is that the players on the park are the ones to blame they lost us the game.

Effort and application goes a long way at our level. 

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

I'm intrigued by this BUDGE and PALS set up. 

How does that work then ? 

It works becsuse Ann  owns 90% of the club. Still. For some reason I don't understand.