*** official Alloa v Heart of Midlothian v lc last 16 thread***

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

The biggest issue we have now is "Terry butcher syndrome". 

No doubt many players know they won't be with us next season, but we have no choice to play them. 

It's going to be a big problem for Robbie, motivate players that are looking elsewhere. 

We have about 8 players in that category. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• sadj

• NANOJAMBO

• Bazzas right boot

Cardiff Hearts

Been coming I’m afraid. Team looks shapeless and some of new “quality” is anything but. 

Robbie will be learning fast about his players. Boyce on 6k a week and clearly doesn’t give a flying . Naismith past it and Walker a lazy player. 

They stay and “play” cos they can get away with at Budge’s All Caring Gorgie motto “ We May be Shit but we are Nice.”

F@@k that Ann. Thanks but time to exit sharpish , get a hardnose not a patsy running the business and the players contracts. And a manager who ain’t fears to cross halfway line.

A nadir in our recent history today. How club and players respond pivotal. 

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, David McCaig said:

I hope this is just public messaging and Robbie has a different interpretation behind closed doors!!

You'd hope so, can't take a result like that on the chin 

1 minute ago, Dandyman79 said:

Hearts manager Robbie Neilson: "I thought we battered them the whole game. We just couldn't get the goal. And then we lose the penalty from a bad decision at a key moment, for the referee. We have to take it on the chin but if we don't put it in the back of the net we won't win football matches."

Nae shit Sherlock Robbie, so that’s what you do to win games, what a divot 

Just now, Dandyman79 said:

Hearts manager Robbie Neilson: "I thought we battered them the whole game. We just couldn't get the goal. And then we lose the penalty from a bad decision at a key moment, for the referee. We have to take it on the chin but if we don't put it in the back of the net we won't win football matches."

Stating the obvious really

2 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Very perceptive of you Robbie! 😏

Just now, Dandyman79 said:

You'd hope so, can't take a result like that on the chin 

Unless battering them is a euphemism for slow and pedestrian.

1 minute ago, Cardiff Hearts said:

Been coming I’m afraid. Team looks shapeless and some of new “quality” is anything but. 

Robbie will be learning fast about his players. Boyce on 6k a week and clearly doesn’t give a flying . Naismith past it and Walker a lazy player. 

They stay and “play” cos they can get away with at Budge’s All Caring Gorgie motto “ We May be Shit but we are Nice.”

F@@k that Ann. Thanks but time to exit sharpish , get a hardnose not a patsy running the business and the players contracts. And a manager who ain’t fears to cross halfway line.

A nadir in our recent history today. How club and players respond pivotal. 

True.

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

The players don't give a shit and haven't for two years. The club captain should be shown the door pronto. Captained us through so many can't be arsed performance it's unbelievable.

doesn't look like they care much. Contrast that with Maradona who as well as having the most outrageous talent was an out and out warrior who battled for everything and had a will to win at all costs attitude. Gave everything on the pitch and didn't ponce about like so may of our players 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

:rofl:

We're in the Championship and have just been knocked out of a cup by a bunch of part timers.

I don't know what you get paid for being a club shill on here, but it's not enough.

Knocked out the lc at the last 16. 

Add it to the list. 

I've seen us knocked out from lower league teams as well. 

It's shite, hit not a crisis. 

3 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

There could obviously be an element of trying not to publicly slaughter the players in that statement. If Ribbie actually believes that then god ****ing help us.  

To be fair for long periods we “battered” them as in passed it sideways and lonbed crosses out of play. There was very little i. The final third of the “battering” we gave them. Even after the goal there was no urgency

rudi must stay
37 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Body language was awful today.  I’d tend to agree with this.  

They are just not very good I'm afraid. And Kingsley with this new deal? A few decent games and he has a new deal. Way too early for that 

As for the Robbie bashing, he's NOT here for an easy time. I'm sure of that, he's committed. Will be interesting to see his response today, I bet he is perplexed as to how we screwed up

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Not even close to being good enough from RN. He should be outraged but instead almost giving the players permission to be sh!* again 

Jambof3tornado
19 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Said that on another thread the other day. Bit of hard work would kill this lot

Yet to see our superior fitness paying off. Alloa are part time for ****s sakes.

Some players and agents see us coming.

Halliday can't get a club anywhere and the last thing we need is an average functional midfielder.

Yep, ends up at us and we are about no.5 on his list of priorities.... 

Edited by DETTY29

15 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

The warning signs have been there, most recently during the week against this same mob. Yet there were folk on that match thread having a go at others for pointing out any negatives during the second half because "we're 3 nil up ffs". 

Something rotten at Hearts and has been for a few years now. 

I said as much in the Inside Tynecastle thread. The whole set up came across as cringeworthy. 

What about all this crap about using all the injustices against to fire us up and getting tore into teams to show our disgust and anger

Played like a big bunch of ponces today and not for the first time this season either. 

Tenaciousdandy

Thats the biggest problem, none of the players have look motivated for any of the matches except the dundee and hibs game, we have side passed our way through most of the games this season, the midfield is slow and weak, only player that actually tries is haring and Smith and they are defensive players, the rest lose the ball then just stand there with there hands of there hips expecting someone else to chase players down or make a decent run 

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Very perceptive of you Robbie! 😏

We neither battered them, nor was it the fault of the ref. Not at all happy with those comments.

4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Shanklands goals masked Neilson’s weaknesses as a Manager.

Absolutely, Neilson’s signings apart from Shankland at United were questionable to say the least eg Adam King, Pawlett, Connolly!

Governor Tarkin
35 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

I'm not actually sure they care about Hearts to be honest, it's more imoprtant for them to use it an excuse to make up for their sad lives in the real world by coming on a football messageboard & be 'controversial' & how hard they are cos they're not a 'pantwetter'* like the rest of us. Essentially, It's about what they say on here that matters to them more than the fortunes of HMFC

*That phrase in itself kinda shows a level of immaturity. Surely none of these guys can be over 18. Can they?????

Well that's me busted. :(

6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Shanklands goals masked Neilson’s weaknesses as a Manager.

:spoton:

3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Yet to see our superior fitness paying off. Alloa are part time for ****s sakes.

this also helps put it into context .

A first ever win for Alloa v Hearts in a competitive match*, after 131 years of trying

Jambof3tornado

If neilson genuinely thinks we were unlucky not to win today he's lost the fukkin plot.

Gordon had the more important saves to make.

We did not batter them. Outfought all over that shitty plastic pitch.

Neilson will lose the fans quickly if he doesnt start being honest about players!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I don't suppose we are much different to most other Scottish teams playing bland possession football. 

However the real disappointment,  this team either hasn't learned or simply doesn't care.

The will to win or to be seen as a hero is gone. Its a job

Tenaciousdandy
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

There could obviously be an element of trying not to publicly slaughter the players in that statement. If Ribbie actually believes that then god ****ing help us.  

I don't think he believes it for a minute, and will just be the usual statement for the media, problem is the players don't seem to give a feck

Therin lies the problem - No one else thought Hearts battered them all game. If we had battered them, how did Alloa stroll through 90 minutes without making a sub?

The fact is we appointed the wrong man to be Manager. His football strategy first and foremost is defensive. It was so bad a Plane flew over Tynecastle stating he had no Style. He was sacked from MK Dons for playing the most boring Football imaginable. Dundee Utd did not bat an eyelid when he left.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Today we had current international players aswell as previous international players playing against a part time team aswell as fact our budget is probably over 5 times of little Alloa!! Far too much dross aswell as losers within our team, everyone of them should be ashamed to wear the famous jersey today.

2 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

:rofl:

We're in the Championship and have just been knocked out of a cup by a bunch of part timers.

I don't know what you get paid for being a club shill on here, but it's not enough.

That's the irony - we are in the SECOND tier of Scottish football. We have spent 4 years going backwards. But it's all cool. 

Tenaciousdandy

We really need to get some creativity in during the transfer window, our play is so slow and predictable, also need a lafferty type striker not necessarily him tho, altho will be difficult attracting the players we need in this league 

18Jambo_dave74

Remember that many of this current squad have been part of the underperforming shambles of the last few years.

Also, many are part of the squad that tried to refuse pay cuts; drag out name through the papers and involved the players union at the start of the pandemic.

Edited by 18Jambo_dave74

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

If neilson genuinely thinks we were unlucky not to win today he's lost the fukkin plot.

Gordon had the more important saves to make.

We did not batter them. Outfought all over that shitty plastic pitch.

Neilson will lose the fans quickly if he doesnt start being honest about players!!!

Very few managers do so in public. Not the modern way. Until people withdraw from the club not very much will change 

A_A wehatethehibs

Boyce is a major problem. He has been wholly ineffective since he joined the club and I don’t recall ever seeing him smile. I’d borderline try to sell him in January if we can recoup any cash and try and replace. 

Boyce, Walker, Naismith on big wages and duds. And Wightons early promise seems to have dried up. Not good 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Knocked out the lc at the last 16. 

Add it to the list. 

I've seen us knocked out from lower league teams as well. 

It's shite, hit not a crisis. 

This result isn't the start of a crisis, that happened by giving Levein way too long to **** the club up, this is just the latest manifestation of the crisis that has been allowed to develop.

Enjoy your tea.

tenor.gif

Not a one off result this, been struggling apart from Dundee game, crossing, passing , movement and ability to beat a player, all lacking, and chances missed, awful.

Let me stress I am not excusing that absolute drivel but we had an old time official today.  Look at the foul count and I said just before the end of 90 minutes, he would give them a penalty.

Now, what are Lickspittle Mulraney's jobs with the SFA and SPG.

As I lost the free stream at 90 mins I'll wait to see the penalty but I've already been told it wasn't.

PS Having said that we got what we deserved.

Edited by colinmaroon

They’re getting an easy ride of it because of the closed doors.  The minute crowds are back, they’ll not know what’s hit them.  

7 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

this also helps put it into context .

A first ever win for Alloa v Hearts in a competitive match*, after 131 years of trying

What a f*****g embarrassment 

How is it that the more we spend the worse we seem to get??

Something is very wrong. 

I suppose in reality we were unlikely to win our bogey trophy this season but it just really is not acceptable to be knocked out by the likes of Alloa. 

We simply must pick up the pieces in the next league match. Dunfermline to me look like they are on the same sort of roll as we were in 2014/15. They have just clicked whether by luck or good judgement and I dont see them just falling away.

We need to get our act together and no more excuses.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, fancy a brew said:

This result isn't the start of a crisis, that happened by giving Levein way too long to **** the club up, this is just the latest manifestation of the crisis that has been allowed to develop.

Enjoy your tea.

tenor.gif

You’re correct. 

We should sack Robbie. 

Next! 

vladisacoward

I wonder if its dawned yet on the happy clappers on here that playing dreadful, baws, uninspiring, insipid, cumbersome, dreary, mind numbing rubbish football with no penetration, no tactical awareness, no speed of thought or movement, no great effort and no obvious sign of much desire against fairly gash teams with a fraction of the budget but still somehow just about managing to get over the win line is any cause for concern for them? Because bar the dundee game and parts of the only seriously enjoyable game of the season thus far at hampden, the signs have been staring us all in the face. I've seen them and have commented accordingly. Quite a few others have done likewise. Yet, still, the happy clappers come on here proclaiming their and our greatness when we are lamely, desperately struggling and limping over the line against the likes of part time and piash poor east fife and they still can't see any issues. Its quite extraordinary.

For the avoidance of doubt, for those who can't see the wood for the trees and for those who don't seem to understand the basics of football, Boyce is gash (one decent goal against rangers at the start of his time at tynie and next to nothing since, literally nothing), Wighton is so weak willed it has to be seen to be believed and Jamie Walker who wanders around as if he is billy big baws despite being hopeless and forever going back the way with the ball is a Championship player at best. The rest are no better. The faults run deep. 

39 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

I just checked the BBC website to see if per chance Robbie might just be right.

Alloa had 5 shots on target, Hearts had four. Some battering : as if we didn't know.

At this rate RN will morph into Levein. 

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Sports scientists....what a lot of old shite! The Dad's Army team with McDonald, Johnston, Bone and Park never needed all that guff, and they were playing well into their 30s. Bit of stamina building on the Gullane sand-dunes never did them any harm. In fact, did Levein not do that at the start of the 2018/19 season? I remember Souttar saying something about he's never worked that hard ever in training. Anyway, back on track...it doesn't say much for the Walkers and Hallidays of this generation who are in their 20s.

21 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

someone wants to tell him that they had more shots on target.

thats a lot of pish. And he’s doing no favours by spouting that crap. He’s saying we were unlucky 🤣🤣🤣.  Oh deary me

6 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

They’re getting an easy ride of it because of the closed doors.  The minute crowds are back, they’ll not know what’s hit them.  

AB must be telling Donkey to STFU. 

Tynecastle is going to be unbearable for this lot if things don't change. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
25 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Blaming the referee. What a prick