*** official Alloa v Heart of Midlothian v lc last 16 thread***

Bazzas right boot

17 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Something is not right behind the scenes. That's been evident for weeks.

These players ARE better than this, but right now all playing as individuals.

Body language was awful today.  I’d tend to agree with this.  

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• sadj

• NANOJAMBO

• Bazzas right boot

8 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Why sign two absolute imposters in Robert’s and Frear rather than one decent player ? 
it seems we’re doomed to go around and around in a never ending circle of S HITE

well said. And that’s our problem . Buying loads of absolute dross instead of one or two quality. 
Roberts and Frear would struggle to get a game for Cove Rangers and I genuinely mean that. They are dross and we can add a good few others to that list.  Walker talking up the game during the week and then putting in a performance my granny would do better. 
We better NOT give these 3 contract extensions whatever we do. 

2 minutes ago, Jambotommy said:

Aye, and the usual suspects will be on here to defend the Budge empire... 

Yeah, they usually go into hiding until Monday and then the pack will pounce with "pant wetting" patter. 

11 minutes ago, stevie said:

Smashing,I’d rather we claimed promotion

So would I but it does t make the LC Mickey Mouse does out!

4 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Utterly hopeless but not unexpected. 

We must have assembled a team full of just about the slowest bunch of footballers around. Just about any player with above average level of pace are absolutely dreadful footballers.

Another embarrassing league cup campaign.

I maintain that we’ll win the league but can’t wait to see majority of this squad clear off to be honest.

Only one with pace is Ginnelly. 

Getting the same nonsense as last season. He will be fine for this game, no the next game and so on. 

All the shite CL came out with. 

29 minutes ago, kila said:

The club is soft as shite. Budge will accept this. But there is some serious problems deep rooted that are causing the players to go flat.

Edited by fancy a brew
Double post

9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The late great John Fairgrieve, after a cup defeat to Forfar deispairingly suggested Tynecastle be turned into a car park.

This time it has already been turned into a restaurant.

That made me smile, though I'm not sure if I was supposed to.

Yes, I recall that comment from John a great journalist and Jambo.

3 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Robbie Neison has oicked up exactly where he left. The most monotonouus, ponderous, woeful, eye bleeding football I have ever witnessed. The fact he said a few days ago, sideways football gets you nowhere, he watched our team do exactly that for 120 minutes.

His signings are on a par with Leveins and Stendel's. Kingston is getting worse every week. A team with no urgency or fight, against a team who boasted about voting us down, abd still we cannot raise our game. This loss was contributed to by our slackness in the second half on Tuesday. Alloa saw we were tothless and gave them impetus for todays game.

Until the woman at the top leaves, I cannot see us improving. I am now going to put money on Dunfermline for the League.....

I'm furious with that result but that first sentence is shite. He left us with a 2-0 win over Rangers. That has no bearing on today's abject performance though.  I agree that that was sideways passing, monotonous shite though.

11 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

If I were you I'd get a better door, ri.

That one looks cheap as chips.

Has he heard the score?

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

He was pumped off Alloa last season too. 

Twice iirc? 

onwards and upwards
8 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Sniff sniff

This place is honking the night

Don't be calling me an interloper,  I'm a JT through and through.  

Respect to the winners.  

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, stotty said:

So you laugh at it being a crisis, but think we have 4 players worth keeping? 

We'll win the league. 

So no crisis. 

8 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

That was poor, really, really poor, and yet we had the chances to win it before it reached ET. Popescu brings nothing to the team, Berra has reached his done by date, Boyce is suffering while Josh Ginnelly is out of the side, he should have scored today but apart from that he does hold the ball up well, but there is a lack of outlets without a decent wide player and/or another player playing up front with him. The sides we are playing against we should have 3 forwards in and around the penalty box at all times.

We don't appear to have learned at all from when we played best, the opening league game against Dundee, the team who were supposed to be the biggest danger to us winning this league. More recently it does appear to be that the biggest danger to us could be us ourselves.

Agreed. It is Robbie's old Achilles Heel - showing too much respect to the opposition, overthinking it..

16 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Its ridiculous considering the length of pre-season we had compared to the others. We should be blowing these teams with away with fast moving football. Get that on the go and these teams sitting in deep won't stand a chance.

Cowdenbeath, Dunfermline, Arbroath and Alloa have worked their game plan to a tee, sit in and watch us labour away with zero intensity or ideas. If we come out and play the way we played against Dundee from the get go these games are over by half time.

Agree entirely , we looked like we were in that mode the first ten mins today then disappeared again. As I say the body language is worrying from players , its apathetic. The sideways passing is constant , turning back on a man rather than run at them. No one seems to want to take control. Pass marks today are Haring thats it

onwards and upwards
Just now, onwards and upwards said:

Don't be calling me an interloper,  I'm a JT through and through.  

Respect to the winners.  

Just realised "Shedboy".

Is a Hibby. 

If we manage to get back into the premiership then we need a massive clear out. For the wages they're on its disgusting that they play like they do.

Nelly Terraces
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

These are the guys who get more upset at people slagging off their precious club than they do at the piss poor football being served up.  Expecting the full "over reaction" stuff on Monday , when they crawl out. 

I'm not actually sure they care about Hearts to be honest, it's more imoprtant for them to use it an excuse to make up for their sad lives in the real world by coming on a football messageboard & be 'controversial' & how hard they are cos they're not a 'pantwetter'* like the rest of us. Essentially, It's about what they say on here that matters to them more than the fortunes of HMFC

*That phrase in itself kinda shows a level of immaturity. Surely none of these guys can be over 18. Can they?????

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

We'll win the league. 

So no crisis. 

If you think only 4 of our squad are good enough, then I'd say we're in very bad shape. I'm far from convinced we'll win the league, based on performances so far. 

1 minute ago, Nelly Terraces said:

I'm not actually sure they care about Hearts to be honest, it's more imoprtant for them to use it an excuse to make up for their sad lives in the real world by coming on a football messageboard & be 'controversial' & how hard they are cos they're not a 'pantwetter'* like the rest of us. Essentially, It's about what they say on here that matters to them more than the fortunes of HMFC

*That phrase in itself kinda shows a level of immaturity. Surely none of these guys can be over 18. Can they?????

I think we can all agree on that. 

5 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Very perceptive post.  As I alluded to earlier, it's a team malaise and even Naisy no longer seems to have the influence he used to have.  We need a ass-kicker. 

24 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

This has to be the low-point of Neilson's career (both player and manager). There are about 4 players from our entire squad whom I would keep...

Aye but some may not be available during bad weeks!

Nelly Terraces
14 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It is so clear why Neilson came back. Easy life.

It's like the old dithery granny still hanging on in charge at a family company employing her favourite, yet hopeless, nephew as he's just a 'really nice boy'.

Everyone at Hearts is on pure 'coasting along in middle lane' mode.

Dundee United fans didn’t give a shit when he left them in the summer, it’s clear to see why.  To think we actually paid compensation to get him.

Another Budge master stroke.

8 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Not often we are on the same page 🤣

6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Gets plaudits every week but offers very little in attack. Would doubt if he has more than 10 assists to his name in his entire Hearts career.  

Kingsley was guff today, too. Guess that's why they're both playing second division football in Scotland despite both having been in the English equivalent. 

Kingsley looked a real attacking threat v Dundee and obviously good at set pieces.

We get one today late on and Jamie “Messi” Walker takes it.

We seem to be getting worse

This is a new low.

I don’t like the term ‘part-time team’ Teams like Alloa are akin to f****** junior or amateur teams. They will train on a Tuesday and Thursday night for an hour and a half. Some players will miss one or even both sessions due to work. All of their players would’ve just done a 40 hour week, some will have grafted this morning and some will be off for a shift tonight.

No teams of coaches, physios, sport scientists, video analysts, masseurs, chefs etc etc.

Absolutely f****** criminal that our bunch of pampered superstars couldn’t score a goal against them in TWO hours!

They should hand their wages to FOH if they had any class.

12 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

To be fair Wighton made zero difference when he came on. Haring had a very rare off day. Even Michael Smith wasn’t at his best.

At the start of the season I worried our midfield was lacking pace and we were short up front.

Not addressed and here we are.

He chucked him on at left side then Boyce came off 3 mins later for Naismith who done absolutely nothing. Henderson deserves a chance now as he's our only other forward. 

Neilson is trying to play a style of football that fits 2 defensive midfielders in Haring and Halliday. There is no need for 2 to be playing against Alloa. Play 1 and allow another attacking player.

maroonedinbriz
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We'll win the league. 

So no crisis. 

If we do we'll come straight back down again with these players. That's 3 managers now and not one of them could enforce any form of urgency or fight from his players.

Seymour M Hersh
13 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

That was poor, really, really poor, and yet we had the chances to win it before it reached ET. Popescu brings nothing to the team, Berra has reached his done by date, Boyce is suffering while Josh Ginnelly is out of the side, he should have scored today but apart from that he does hold the ball up well, but there is a lack of outlets without a decent wide player and/or another player playing up front with him. The sides we are playing against we should have 3 forwards in and around the penalty box at all times.

We don't appear to have learned at all from when we played best, the opening league game against Dundee, the team who were supposed to be the biggest danger to us winning this league. More recently it does appear to be that the biggest danger to us could be us ourselves.

Neither does the manager. 

If it wasn’t for the fact we can’t go to games I would say I’m not going back. I’ve lost my early season optimism and can’t be arsed with a team full of non trying poseurs who think they’re too good to be in the Championship. Performances would suggest we’re not good enough for the championship.

The 4231 doesn't work and looks like a 451 most of the time. And the same players who look like they couldn't be arsed last season are still playing and playing the same half paced half arsed shite.

Naismith is part of the problem not the solution. Walker ,Boyce , Halket should be improving us but are dragging down.

We must be the slowest team in the country 

Roberts is awful but still gets on every game 

If we have two sitting midfielder the full backs need to act like wing backs 

Even when we are losing the natural instinct is to go backwards and play safe.

Edited by jambopilms

1 minute ago, Nelly Terraces said:

It's like the old dithery granny still hanging on in charge at a family company employing her favourite, yet hopeless, nephew as he's just a 'really nice boy'.

I think there is  massive complacency amongst the players that they'll just turn up and get through.  But whatever, there is a problem at the club and the piss poor performances this season bear that out. 

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Kingsley looked a real attacking threat v Dundee and obviously good at set pieces.

Started shouting at the TV with that Walker free kick. He needs dropped. 

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Walker was ****ing awful today imo , multiple times Boyce made runs and Walker dallied and his shooting was akin to trying to be the first to reach Mars such was the launch angle

4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Agreed. It is Robbie's old Achilles Heel - showing too much respect to the opposition, overthinking it..

And chopping and changing the team every game. But any eleven we put out should have been enough to win this game.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Unforgivably yeah. 

3 defeats in 2 seasons by Alloa for Robbie 😭

utd won the league, easily tho. 

Never usually bother about league cup but I caught the last 30mins of the game and that was worrying that we looked so slow and scared to take a man on.

Couldn't tell if it was a pen or not but we should never be beat of a part time team.

Definitely need players in the transfer window (wingers and a new striker)

Maybe get Uche back on loan lol

Worst result in a long time.

Credit to alloa they do come up with some wins against bigger teams at the recs

3 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

That could end in a car crash.

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

This is a new low.

I don’t like the term ‘part-time team’ Teams like Alloa are akin to f****** junior or amateur teams. They will train on a Tuesday and Thursday night for an hour and a half. Some players will miss one or even both sessions due to work. All of their players would’ve just done a 40 hour week, some will have grafted this morning and some will be off for a shift tonight.

No teams of coaches, physios, sport scientists, video analysts, masseurs, chefs etc etc.

Absolutely f****** criminal that our bunch of pampered superstars couldn’t score a goal against them in TWO hours!

They should hand their wages to FOH if they had any class.

yup, I can picture them sitting down to lunch at training on Monday and being handed menus before changing into some nice fresh kit for some light gym work. Am I the only one that thinks sand dunes in the pissing rain might work better?

Nelly Terraces
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I think there is  massive complacency amongst the players that they'll just turn up and get through.  But whatever, there is a problem at the club and the piss poor performances this season bear that out. 

Seriously though, how long has it been like this? Coming up for four years now. 

There's only 1 constant at the club in all the time & she doesn't seem to be keen to leave any time soon. 

27 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Absolutely it’s not acceptable anymore 

Walker has been given the benefit of the doubt so often but just can’t produce and that’s just one example 

I'd  make getting rid of that charlotin a priority 

18 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Utterly hopeless but not unexpected. 

We must have assembled a team full of just about the slowest bunch of footballers around. Just about any player with above average level of pace are absolutely dreadful footballers.

Another embarrassing league cup campaign.

I maintain that we’ll win the league but can’t wait to see majority of this squad clear off to be honest.

we're 1/5 to win the league but Dunfermline at 9/1 (they were 20's) looks a far better value bet