Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• BigAlim

• Malinga the Swinga

• Pasquale for King

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Malinga the Swinga

No excuses about qualifying for Euros draining players Clarke. 

You ****ed up on Sunday and you ****ed up tonight. 

We barely score a goal, and if we lose first goal in a game, we are ****ed. 

In addition, remember we only beat Czech B team 2-1 when they missed most of their team with Covid. 

Callum Mcgregor offers nothing in a Scotland jersey. O'Donnell isn't good enough. 

3 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Very poor, we're going to be embarrassed in the summer if we don't start introducing some of the young boys to the team

Agree. Time to seriously look at RB. Palmer looks decent, Hickey is doing well, Gilmour in place of McGregor would be welcomed, although both O'Donnell and McGregor seem to be Clarkes ****ing love child or something. Both have contributed nothing in a Scotland jersey and yet start virtually every game. 

In terms of RBs that are better: Paterson, Palmer, Hickey, Cadden, Matt Richie can play there too. 

We're not exactly blessed, but Hickeys versatility could be used, but then again we're Scotland and won't cap teenagers :rolleyes: Likewise, if attacking threat is a necessity then Richie would be the star pick IMO.

The takeaway here is that O'Donnell is not and will never be good enough. How he has 15 Scotland caps is a testament to the lack of RBs we have available. He's awful and shouldn't be selected again.  

Dropping McBurnie for Hornby would also be good shout given we seem to be getting a lot of joy with Dykes and Hornby is a ****ing unit. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Nathan2012 said:

Watching McBurnie is as painful as watching Connor Sammon😂😂😂

A few months back when he was playing for Sheffield the commentator as they do bum up the league and it’s players. He said he was the perfect strike partner to have, I don’t think his partner Mcgoldrick had scored a goal at that point 😆

Just now, OTT said:

Callum Mcgregor offers nothing in a Scotland jersey. O'Donnell isn't good enough. 

Agree. Time to seriously look at RB. Palmer looks decent, Hickey is doing well, Gilmour in place of McGregor would be welcomed, although both O'Donnell and McGregor seem to be Clarkes ****ing love child or something. Both have contributed nothing in a Scotland jersey and yet start virtually every game. 

In terms of RBs that are better: Paterson, Palmer, Hickey, Cadden, Matt Richie can play there too. 

We're not exactly blessed, but Hickeys versatility could be used, but then again we're Scotland and won't cap teenagers :rolleyes: Likewise, if attacking threat is a necessity then Richie would be the star pick IMO.

The takeaway here is that O'Donnell is not and will never be good enough. How he has 15 Scotland caps is a testament to the lack of RBs we have available. He's awful and shouldn't be selected again.  

Dropping McBurnie for Hornby would also be good shout given we seem to be getting a lot of joy with Dykes and Hornby is a ****ing unit. 

Would have expected Paterson to burst the net with the chance O'Donnell had in the first half

James McFadden just said on the Israel goal ‘I don’t know what else McTominy could do there’

eh. . maybe not get ripped up for arse paper?? You absolute slaver.

If we are being honest the Czechs deserved to win the group. 

Scotland managed to get in a strong position mainly because other teams were badly affected by Covid call offs. 

If you can't score goals you don't win matches. 

_____________Marshall

Hickey__Cooper__Tierney__Robertson 

Gilmour__McTominay__McGinn 

__Fraser__Christie__Armstrong 

That's our strongest team IMHO, based on ability alone, stop trying to make up for shite defenders by piling as many back as possible and start trying to score more than the opposition 

Edited by BigAlim

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, OTT said:

I get O'Donnell loves playing for Scotland and he gives 100% but the guy isn't, never was and never will be an international footballer. Just such a let down from promising position. 

Don't even mention McBurnie and Burke. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Back to being Scotland again. Just perhaps Clarke shouldn't have allowed the squad to get pissed and celebrate like mad with two important games still to play. Totally unprofessional. Get the job done, then celebrate after the final of the 3 games. There's building a club atmosphere and there's being too much of a pal to the players.

9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

No excuses about qualifying for Euros draining players Clarke. 

You ****ed up on Sunday and you ****ed up tonight. 

We barely score a goal, and if we lose first goal in a game, we are ****ed. 

In addition, remember we only beat Czech B team 2-1 when they missed most of their team with Covid. 

I think it was even worse than that. Pretty sure I recall it being the Czech C team!  Both times we've played them they been hit by Covid. Other than a win against Slovakia, we've been chronic this entire Nations League campaign unfortunately.  Glossed over because of a couple of penalty shoot out wins.. 

Edited by Aaron78

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If we are being honest the Czechs deserved to win the group. 

Scotland managed to get in a strong position mainly because other teams were badly affected by Covid call offs. 

If you can't score goals you don't win matches. 

Yep. We don't score enough goals which given who we have up front is a concern. 

We didn't lose it tonight though, we blew it on Sunday. Slovakia are shite, were ripe for beating and we rested players against them. Clarke has a lot to answer for and was a Marshall save away from being hounded out. 

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Back to being Scotland again. Just perhaps Clarke shouldn't have allowed the squad to get pissed and celebrate like mad with two important games still to play. Totally unprofessional. Get the job done, then celebrate after the final of the 3 games. There's building a club atmosphere and there's being too much of a pal to the players.

I absolutely agree with this. I accept that the players were on a high after qualification and deserve lots of credit for the Serbia game - but celebrating until 5am was totally unprofessional and in truth, not the behaviour of winners.

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

MCGregor then O Donnell out front for media duties. Where’s our world beating left back Captain?

Prick

Away and boil yer heid ya dafty.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

_____________Marshall

Hickey__Cooper__Tierney__Robertson 

Gilmour__McTominay__McGinn 

__Fraser__Christie__Armstrong 

That's our strongest time IMHO, stop trying to make up for shite defenders by piling as many back as possible and start trying to score more than the opposition 

I'd like us to do Neilson's 4-2-3-1

Marshall

Hickey  [The least bad of the CBs]  Tierney  Robertson

McTominay  Gilmour/Jack

McGinn  Armstrong  Fraser

Dykes

Subs: Gordon, Naismith, Hornby, Paterson, Forrest, Gauld, Jack/Gilmour, Christie, Some shite CB

Get the likes of McBurnie and O'Donnell TF

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

International managers always seem to play someone out of position, trying to squeeze the best players in, square pegs in round holes doesn’t work over a lengthy period. 

We have some reasonably skillful players who can spray a pass about the midfield but we lack someone in there who can go box to box and play a good through ball. McTominay seems to do that for Man U but we use him at the back and weaken both the defense and the midfield. Only Clarke knows why. 

35 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just subbed. Ice doesn't mean he's definitely injured. 

Maybe just thinking about Friday.

He suffered a heavy challenge in the first half and went off on the hour mark... So hopefully just precautionary.

3 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

MCGregor then O Donnell out front for media duties. Where’s our world beating left back Captain?

Prick

Maybe away to see the physio and get some ice on an injury or something?

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

We have some reasonably skillful players who can spray a pass about the midfield but we lack someone in there who can go box to box and play a good through ball. McTominay seems to do that for Man U but we use him at the back and weaken both the defense and the midfield. Only Clarke knows why. 

I'm not sure he does and he's certainly never explained to or maybe hasn't been asked to. He's winging it. The plaudits he got after Serbia were way OTT. It was a fantastic win in the end (despite his subs) but it was one fantastic win in amongst a bunch of very laboured ones against mostly awful opposition.

Edited by ToqueJambo

14 minutes ago, OTT said:

Agree with this. Remember the tanking we took from Belgium and I spent the whole match ripping into McDonell, but bizarrely he was named Man of the Match on the TV... It's bizarre. He's utter pish..

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, stirlo said:

I absolutely agree with this. I accept that the players were on a high after qualification and deserve lots of credit for the Serbia game - but celebrating until 5am was totally unprofessional and in truth, not the behaviour of winners.

Would he have done that if we were at the Euro Finals and we beaten England in the first game? Of course not. (or maybe he would who knows). It was ridiculous. Knew we'd blown it the moment he said he'd allowed the players to celebrate till all hours and then played a reserve team against Slovakia. 

23 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

The farcical over exuberance was embarrassing for a group of professionals. Yes, it was massive to qualify but the players and management should have been 100% aware that they were going again in the quarter finals of World Cup qualifying just 4 days later. Get the full job done and then celebrate...

A chance of a World Cup playoff.

Not guaranteed at all. And we still have the qualifiers to come.

Asking that team not to celebrate is like asking a Hearts fan to not celebrate winning the Scottish Cup, when we've got a game 3 days later to come 3rd in the league.

We've not made a major finals in over 20 years! To not celebrate that is mental!

And, to be fair, the 2nd string played much, much better (finishing aside) than the 1st team did tonight. We were gash tonight.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

Asking that team not to celebrate is like asking a Hearts fan to not celebrate winning the Scottish Cup, when we've got a game 3 days later to come 3rd in the league.

It's not like that at all.

2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Imagine O'Donnell putting in a cross like Smith did for boyces goal today? Wouldn't happen 

:laugh2: did O'Donnell not do exactly that a few games back for Dykes? 

4 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

We've not made a major finals in over 20 years! To not celebrate that is mental!

And, to be fair, the 2nd string played much, much better (finishing aside) than the 1st team did tonight. We were gash tonight.

A bit of celebration at the final whistle is fair enough but drinking into the small hours is not what you expect when you have two important games in the next week. It's just very amateurish IMO.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm not sure he does and he's certainly never explained to or maybe hasn't been asked to. He's winging it. The plaudits he got after Serbia were way OTT. It was a fantastic win but it was one fantastic win in amongst a bunch of very laboured ones against mostly awful opposition.

Scotland now have a team with five or six players playing for big Premier League clubs in England and impressing week in week out ( minus McBurnie) but somehow Clarke seems to make them all look like they are struggling against weak international opposition. The guy is so dour I think it is difficult for the players who are used to larger than life club managers to then adjust to Clarke's sit in tactics.

We're still shite, but i'd still rather have Steve Clarke than Craig Levein or Robbie Neilson. 

We need to be patient and trust him. 

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

Sorry, unprofessional and not acceptable in professional sport. Doomed to play shit teams in shit games again, all because players wanted to go on the lash. 

Guest ToqueJambo
15 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Based on international football performances, Kieran Tierney is a better left back than Andy Robertson. 

Starting to agree with this. Robertson's success at Liverpool is mostly down to his attacking and ability to motor up and down the flank, get crosses in and combine with Alexander-Arnold. For Scotland he's got no-one to play off and is can't make anything happen. Tierney seems to be the better out and out defender, which we need, and can be good going forward. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

We're still shite, but i'd still rather have Steve Clarke than Craig Levein or Robbie Neilson. 

Yeah, because those are our options for Scotland manager. Mind you, I would take Neilson over Clarke for Scotland.

5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Why Clarke over Neilson? 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yeah, because those are our options for Scotland manager. Mind you, I would take Neilson over Clarke for Scotland.

You're having a laugh, did you see what Clarke did for Kilmarnock and what he's done for Scotland so far? 

I'm not sure what planet you're living on, other than planet delusional. 

August Landmesser
6 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I am also glad that Robbie is not Scotland manager. Means he can stay at Hearts and get us to cup finals etc.

:fth:

1 minute ago, karipidis said:

Why Clarke over Neilson? 

I wanted us to sign him as our manager years ago. The only sparkle of life there was at the time. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

You're having a laugh, did you see what Clarke did for Kilmarnock and what he's done for Scotland so far? 

Aye, he did have two good seasons but so have lots of managers. Neilson wouldn't play that nonsense 3 at the back and shoehorn players into the wrong positions. He'd make us harder to beat at the back and would do what works for him and what I think would work for Scotland and play a 4-2-3-1 with players in the right positions. McTominay would be nowhere near CB for example. He'd also find some width from somewhere instead of playing loads of central midfielders all over the shop.

4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

You're not wrong.