*****ISRAEL V. SCOTLAND*****

DETTY29

Scotland will be promoted if they beat Israel or if the Czech Republic do not beat Slovakia.

Czech Republic will be promoted if they beat Slovakia and Scotland do not beat Israel.

Can't see Czech's not winning.  Our 2nd string really should have tucked Slovakia away.  So imo, we will need to win. 

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• BigAlim

• Malinga the Swinga

• Pasquale for King

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After the elation of qualifying to get beat by Slovakia royally pissed me off!!!

We need to win tonight and let the other games take care of themselves (as usual).

Definitely winnable if we pick the right team.

Also, please don't use this thread to wind up Scotland fans or to share your thoughts regarding the SFA. 

Slovakia really didn't need to do much to beat us but we prob played better on Sunday than we did against Czech home and away and Israel at home..funny old game. I expect the players to be a little more creative tonight with Dykes hold up play being key to that. 1-3 SCOTLAND 

The good news is as far as I am aware that Lyndon Dykes is available after his one match suspension which hopefully means McBurnie will be nowhere near the starting eleven.

It really is incredible to think he secured a £20 million transfer.

Probably something like this given Robertson won't be risked. Personally would play Cooper over McKenna as he's better on the ball and plays that position for Leeds.

Marshall

Mctominay Gallagher Cooper

O'Donnell                                   Tierney

Jack      McGregor

McGinn                  Christie

Dykes 

Think we can win 2-0

Franksluckypants

Definitely a feel good factor back with us after beating the wee teamers and going fine in the league. Similar feeling with Scotland only slightly dented by the last match.

A win needed though to keep it going. We've improved since the last time we played Israel as well.

A few more of the first picks back tonight helps - most importantly a Striker! 

2.1 win for us.

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Probably something like this given Robertson won't be risked. Personally would play Cooper over McKenna as he's better on the ball and plays that position for Leeds.

Marshall

Jack      McGregor

Dykes 

Think we can win 2-0

We are favoutites (never a good thing for Scotland) and Israel have nothing to lose so unfortunately I can only see a win for them.

I hate suggesting that we will lose but as is the Scotland way we always make it difficult for ourselves.

I really hope I am wrong.

Your team selection looks about right to.

23 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Marshall

Jack      McGregor

Dykes 

Think we can win 2-0

I'd play Considine ahead of McKenna.

Players that understand their limits are far more effective than slightly better ones whose belief outweighs their talent.   

Slovakia can avoid relegation if they win tonight and we at least draw or beat Israel so hopefully they manage to get a result as there's nothing in it for the Czechs.

It is quite annoying that we didn't get a result on Sunday and had promotion sorted by now but hopefully with the first choice players back we'll be able to take our chances tonight.

10 minutes ago, Texia said:

Slovakia can avoid relegation if they win tonight and we at least draw or beat Israel so hopefully they manage to get a result as there's nothing in it for the Czechs.

It is quite annoying that we didn't get a result on Sunday and had promotion sorted by now but hopefully with the first choice players back we'll be able to take our chances tonight.

If we get beat and Czech Rep win then they top the group and get promoted so everything in it for the Czechs.

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

If we get beat and Czech Rep win then they top the group and get promoted so everything in it for the Czechs.

yep that's right, no idea how I managed to miss that :lol: 

We really did mess up by not wrapping things up on Sunday.

Despite the fantastic performance against Serbia and a decent turnout against Slovakia im afraid I cant see Scotland winning this, we need to at least score 2 or more goals against an Israeli side who are more than capable of notching a goal against us therefore a 1-1 draw is on the cards for my prediction.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Scotland will be promoted if they beat Israel or if the Czech Republic do not beat Slovakia.

Czech Republic will be promoted if they beat Slovakia and Scotland do not beat Israel.

Can't see Czech's not winning.  Our 2nd string really should have tucked Slovakia away.  So imo, we will need to win. 

Slovakia didn’t have much to play for, they will surely be up for the game tonight to stop them from qualifying?

2-0 Scotland.   A goal in each half.   

A long, tense, fraught with opposing chances to make us hide behind our fingers/hands match.   Should be fun.  😱 🙈

Really should have put Slovakia to bed the other night, bottom of the group team who have been fairly poor.

Typically, we played well but made the other team look good.  Israel is a tough fixture, and we seemingly play them every other game at the minute.  Difficult to tell, we are more than capable of winning, but equally likely to throw it away.

I'll be bold and say 1-0 Scotland,

Edited by tian447

Baccara will be hoping for an Andy Considine goal for the winner as well, their royalties would go through the ****ing roof :lol: 

The problem for Scotland is still there as it has been for years, they aren’t prolific scorers.  The old, “they need to score first” theory still exists imo.

You just never feel they have enough to respond to going behind,  or are able to build on taking the lead. Tight game again with a goal in it to the winner. 

Slovakia unbeaten in 2 under a new manager plus they are playing the Czechs, which is a derby for them given they used to be one country.  I think both games will be draws but it would be nice to think we could win then it really doesn't matter about elsewhere. We are still Scotland though so bound to be drama of some sort😂😂

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Marshall

Jack      McGregor

Dykes 

Think we can win 2-0

Think Robertson is fit according to Clarke, so should be same team that started v Serbia. 

Allowayjambo1874

It’s a weird dichotomy. All 4 teams should be playing for something with Israel & Slovakia both in with a shout of avoiding relegation if they can conjure up a result and the other losing. However relegation to division C will probably result in an easier group in the next tournament and a better chance of topping it and getting into play offs. 

14 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

It’s a weird dichotomy. All 4 teams should be playing for something with Israel & Slovakia both in with a shout of avoiding relegation if they can conjure up a result and the other losing. However relegation to division C will probably result in an easier group in the next tournament and a better chance of topping it and getting into play offs. 

not really regarding getting in the play offs, the spots for the play offs filter down , all the teams in league A & B all either qualified for the Euros or got a play off place, they filter down if teams have already qualified which is why so many in league C ended up in a play off. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2020_qualifying_play-offs

Rather typical that Scotland played well against Slovakia and managed to lose. To lose again tonight really would be to Hibs it! 

We have a good keeper, a decent defence, a fit and lively midfield bad sadly zero up top. While Dykes can hold the ball up and bring others into play I would prefer we had someone who could actually score a bucketload of goals - something Scotland never seem to be able to produce.

After his performance at the weekend I would rather see Tierney play than Robertson! 

I think we’ll lose 1-0 and the Czechs will draw.  Therefore, both of us finish on 10 points.  Think we’d still go through on results against the Czechs.  Or is it GD?

dobmisterdobster
46 minutes ago, BRY said:

As long as bloomin' McBurnie doesn't get played, we should be alright.

Clarke is desperate for him to get a goal to silence the haters.

McBurnie had the perfect opportunity to prove himself against Slovakia.

He's just not in good form at the moment.

4 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Clarke is desperate for him to get a goal to silence the haters.

McBurnie had the perfect opportunity to prove himself against Slovakia.

He's just not in good form at the moment.

McBurnie is a decent player. On form and confident, he'd have buried that chance. 

He's just lost confidence and needs a bit of luck. Still a young guy too.

Edited by Cruyff

Cause for optimism is that we have steadily got better as this tournament has gone on. First time we played Israel we were dire and lucky, but since then we have improved steadily, including the Slovakia game where we were unlucky to lose. This is due to a settled selection, growing confidence, and a manager who is not up his own arse like the previous two.

Narrow victory for me.  

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Cause for optimism is that we have steadily got better as this tournament has gone on. First time we played Israel we were dire and lucky, but since then we have improved steadily, including the Slovakia game where we were unlucky to lose. This is due to a settled selection, growing confidence, and a manager who is not up his own arse like the previous two.

Narrow victory for me.  

Just the two🤔

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Just the two🤔

fair comment, just said two because I'm having my dinner and couldn't be arsed writing the full list. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

Screenshot_20201118-170800_LiveScore.thumb.jpg.c1d05f3a50aa3afe069403062734d8a1.jpg

If that is team, surprised that Jack isn't there and McKenna is bombs are. What's wrong with Andy Robertson? If he is injured, he'd better not be fit for Liverpool at weekend. 

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

Screenshot_20201118-170800_LiveScore.thumb.jpg.c1d05f3a50aa3afe069403062734d8a1.jpg

Prove me wrong but I think mckenna and McLean will be subbed later ☺ 

Edited by HMFC01

luckyBatistuta
Just now, upgotheheads said:

fair comment, just said two because I'm having my dinner and couldn't be arsed writing the full list. 

:lol: We could be here all night listing them, enjoy your dinner bud.