***Official Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian Sc semi final thread***

Bazzas right boot

Just now, gashauskis9 said:

I can’t see us winning the midfield battle. Route 1 might be the best way to win this.  

Agreed - Hibs have the muscle power to win this area.

Hopefully Wighton can get on the end of a few punts. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Greedy Jambo

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Gordon 

Smith Halkett Popescu Kingsley 

Lee   Haliday 

Walker

Roberts Boyce Wighton

After seeing that I’m starting  on the vodka 

Decent enough team apart from Lee in there. Too weak for this type of game. Would have preferred haring or even Irving. Hopefully he proves us wrong. 

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

BBC Scotland! 

Mine just says Channel Off air! 

Edit - bugger, the HD channel is, but can watch in standard Def! 

Edited by tian447

3 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

WHIT???

Their attack is just too strong, lack of match fitness with a big pitch and the no fans will suit them a lot more than us given they usually play in silence 

9 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Shouldn't have started either CMF imo. Haring and Irving should have been the pairing imo.

A great pairing to come on later.

Gorgie Boot boy
9 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Im better off it bud, it certainly is not a fix, take care.

9 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Don't give yourself a hard time on a day like this.  Start your new approach tomorrow and enjoy the game today.  Chin up mate.  We'll hammer these swines.  

I am way better now thanks, i appreciate the words and push for my comeback to good health. Thank you Lads.

3 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Halliday Lee Walker Wighton Roberts isn’t ideal

Will pray we stay in game until Naisy and Haring come on  

Isn’t ideal against who? Gogic and Newell?  C’mon to **** mate eh

Just now, DS98 said:

Isn’t ideal against who? Gogic and Newell?  C’mon to **** mate eh

Honestly. This place is ridiculous. 

Haring and Naismith - the ‘impact subs’.  

Watch out Hibs, the big team have you in their sights.

3E32A040-FC86-4DD4-A05B-8336D7F6D50A.png

Boyce will drop  and Wighton will be ahead of him. Walker effectively a midfielder too in addition to Hallliday and Lee when out of possession. Skacel was never going to be fit but would score against Hibs in his 50s

Edited by Riccarton3

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

It’s huge. 
they’ll line up 3-5-2 so we need to attack like hell early and try and get an early goal. 

Unlikely. Surely 442 with the defence they've named.

The only slight surprise is Halliday for Irving but Halliday is a big game player (potentially) and I'm guessing we went for his energy to start with, as typically derbies start pretty frenetic, then Haring will come on later.

Aside from that, that's the best line-up we have available. Naismith will be absolutely champing at the bit if he comes off the bench, too.

Edited by ToqueJambo

There's just been a hibs supporter on my telly and he was happy.  What's he got to be happy about?

Think his name was Hogg.

12 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

3-0 Hibs I’m afraid. 

You're not afraid.  Don’t lie.

You're on the wrong forum, is all

Interesting call on Haring. 

Cup games are interesting when fitness comes into it, because you never know how long then can go on for.

If he can only last 45 minutes, you cant bring him on if we're 1-0 down until 15 mins left, when it might be too late.

Gorgie Boot boy

I thought Irving would start with Ginnelly,  only one made it into the match team. Still big Pete Irving and Naisy on the bench for a 75 minute change over. Not bothered right now.  Hearts have finally arrived at the destination. We signed players to play int his game. So come on Hearts ****ing lace these cheating scumbag *******s a good one.

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Boyce will drop  and Wighton will be ahead of him. Walker effectively a midfielder too in addition to Hallliday and Lee. 

I think Boyce is more dangerous in the box but I suspect you're right. He'll be dropping looking for the ball again.

C'mon boys. Big team performance  needed here

Just thinking about the team, is it possible we're playing a 3-2-3-2 with one of Smith/Kingsley at CB? The other as a wing back with Roberts?

Edited by Bunny Munro

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Jeez...Wighton starting. Can almost hear the laughter down ER from my flat.

Christ. Who would you play with Ginnelly out? He's on form, that's what you want from forwards surely? 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Jamhammer said:

I think Boyce is more dangerous in the box but I suspect you're right. He'll be dropping looking for the ball again.

Boycie is at his most dangerous turning players, Wighton has been well documented here. I did say that he had bulked up and would have to score 2 against the vermin. So lets see . Mon the famous.

Absolute Scenes

Wow how did so many Jessie’s get the courage to come from behind the sofa to come on here? Strange behaviour. In terms of a fully fit team that is our strongest. Good options in Naismith and Haring coming on on the second half. Chill out man 😂😂

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Christ. Who would you play with Ginnelly out? He's on form, that's what you want from forwards surely? 

Aye, our top scorer starting but aye let’s drop him because Hibs will be laughing. Some right welts creeping out of the cracks today

August Landmesser
6 minutes ago, tightrope said:

Mmm no poppy for Mr S.....must want paid this week. Prick.

Tbf it is still October 

5 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

If Boyce moves about either Hanlon or the other **** will have decisions to make all game in dodgy conditions. 

Edited by Riccarton3

Arthur Morgan

Not confident after seeing the team now. Real shame Ginnelly didn't even make the bench :(

Edited by Arthur Morgan

Lee and Halliday is a worry. Thought it might be one of them but was hoping not both. 

Oh well let's see, cmon the Hearts. Let's FTH

14 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

freeview channel 9. Working for me. 

Aye, same here now I've had a proper look.  It's not on the HD channel 108 though :(

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The only slight surprise is Halliday for Irving but Halliday is a big game player (potentially) and I'm guessing we went for his energy to start with, as typically derbies start pretty frenetic, then Haring will come on later.

Aside from that, that's the best line-up we have available. Naismith will be absolutely champing at the bit if he comes off the bench, too.

yes your right. Misread their line up.

come on the hearts 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

If Boyce moves about either Hanlon or the other **** will have decisions to make all game. 

Porteous is a liability for them. He's been talked up like crazy and will be primed to take someone out early. Him and Halliday are red cards in waiting in this game.

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

yes your right. Misread their line up.

come on the hearts 

Wighton is actually great at running between the lines and dragging defenders. Just hope he's not wasted out wide.

Our plan B away at Arbroath when Gino went off was honking, hope we've been working on something this week.

Tennant's  6's
9 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Halliday will need to up his game quite considerably from last week. 

The whole team will. 

Only Gordon & Whighton looked good last wk. 

Big game for Lee, Halliday & Walker to show that they're not weak links and can make an impact.