***Official Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian Sc semi final thread***

Bazzas right boot

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Unlikely. Surely 442 with the defence they've named.

The only slight surprise is Halliday for Irving but Halliday is a big game player (potentially) and I'm guessing we went for his energy to start with, as typically derbies start pretty frenetic, then Haring will come on later.

Aside from that, that's the best line-up we have available. Naismith will be absolutely champing at the bit if he comes off the bench, too.

yes your right. Misread their line up.

come on the hearts 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Greedy Jambo

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

Just now, robbo1874 said:

Lee and Halliday is a worry. Thought it might be one of them but was hoping not both. 

Oh well let's see, cmon the Hearts. Let's FTH

can be rash sometimes hopefully nothing stupid today

Just now, robbo1874 said:

Lee and Halliday is a worry. Thought it might be one of them but was hoping not both. 

Stronger than Irving and Lee though,  but really expected to see Haring in from the start. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, robbo1874 said:

Four willing runners ahead of them. They'll have been given very specific jobs for today.

Gorgie Boot boy
25 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Don't give yourself a hard time on a day like this.  Start your new approach tomorrow and enjoy the game today.  Chin up mate.  We'll hammer these swines.  

My chin was up till someone posted a shite selection on here before the actual side had been posted. I am alright now that i have had some weetabix..

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Four willing runners ahead of them. They'll have been given very specific jobs for today.

I agree. I like the shape of the side. I just hope the players stand up to the task. 

20 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Hopefully we're both wrong. I agree 10%. My heart sinks every time I see Lee in a starting line up.

Here’s hoping, that would be the happiest guy to be proved wrong but that performance last week struck me as a player with zero confidence 

7 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Tbf it is still October 

Tbf he is still a prick. 😁 3-1 us by the way. Easy. 👍

Edited by tightrope
To tell the truth

Samuel Camazzola
2 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Will say this before kick off , wighton to

be a cult hero before end of the day

Wighton to do the Beattie in an empty stadium! 👌🏼

Martin Boyle is too good for that mob. Can’t stand any of the scum but must say Boyle is a top class player, if it wasn’t for his injuries I think he would’ve moved on by now. Seems like a good guys aswell and not a horrible ******* tbh

Arthur Morgan
4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Our plan B away at Arbroath when Gino went off was honking, hope we've been working on something this week.

We have Roberts at least.

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Wighton is actually great at running between the lines and dragging defenders. Just hope he's not wasted out wide.

Our plan B away at Arbroath when Gino went off was honking, hope we've been working on something this week.

Arbroath, not many big sides go there and get it easy. Fact. Hearts are working to get a winning mentality going. Win at the tough venues and you have a chance to develop your first choice side.

Halliday will give us a bit of bite in the middle of the park. Not worried about that at all. Lee has experience of the Edinburgh derby.

We’ll win this no problem.

A Shoreditch Heart

ugh, this has got to be the longest pre match build up for a derby ever. I'm tense and excited as always and can't wait for kick off - C'mon The Hearts !

Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Arbroath, not many big sides go there and get it easy. Fact. Hearts are working to get a winning mentality going. Win at the tough venues and you have a chance to develop your first choice side.

This is your best post in days 😂

Just now, AC Mallin_51 said:

Martin Boyle is too good for that mob. Can’t stand any of the scum but must say Boyle is a top class player, if it wasn’t for his injuries I think he would’ve moved on by now. Seems like a good guys aswell and not a horrible ******* tbh

Openly saying he wants to move on in his BBC interview....seems to be ambitious,  but then again who wouldn't!  Hope we keep him on the back foot today. 

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

😂😂😂 top class player

sooo good he signed a new deal with Hibs. 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, CloustonHMFC said:

This is your best post in days 😂

I am only just back from a months lie down on here, 2 days exactly. Winning has to start somewhere, we won that match, even if it was at times torture. I will take the same result today .

Guest ToqueJambo
26 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Hopefully we're both wrong. I agree 10%. My heart sinks every time I see Lee in a starting line up.

Lee's started well this season. Played great against Dundee, who played the nearest to the way Hibs will play so far in that they were quite open.

giphy.gif

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

nowhere near top class. Fast aye. Would be playing for Brechin if he wasn’t absolutely rapid

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Halliday will give us a bit of bite in the middle of the park. Not worried about that at all. Lee has experience of the Edinburgh derby.

We’ll win this no problem.

He can also shoot and with today’s weather may be a bonus...

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

That mutant Porteous needs wound up. Stick on red

Portaloo is a Rat. He is lucky that i stopped playing years ago. He would be getting it in the tunnel before the game

joondalupjambo

Sorry I do not get the Halliday love in at all.  Bang average and if Haring and/ or Naismith were fully fit he should not get a look in. Guess we have limited options as we need some experience on the park in midfield.  Apart from that team as expected with the other injuries we have.   Hope I am wrong and Halliday turns out a big game player for us and starts that from today.  

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

That'll be why Hibs have been battering the likes of Cove Rangers, Forfar, Ross County, Hamilton, Killie the last couple of months with him in the side. Except they haven't been.

If Naismith and haring are fit enough for the bench then they’re fit enough to start imo, always start with your strongest team especially in a semi final.
If we get 60 or 70 mins out them I’d rather it was from the first whistle

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, coatbridgejambo said:

BBC sound team having a nightmare 

not being able to hear Stewart is a bonus though. 

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

If Naismith and haring are fit enough for the bench then they’re fit enough to start imo, always start with your strongest team especially in a semi final.
If we get 60 or 70 mins out them I’d rather it was from the first whistle

Tough decisions being made in midfield, i said this yesterday on here. Irving should of started though, Robbie may of went with Lee for his aggression. Irving is way more refined . I am happy with the side it could of been worse.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

Carl Fredrickson

I have seen a lot worse Hearts line ups than this horse so called better vermin teams than what they have. 

If we can keep it tight at the back we will win. COME ON THE HEARTS FTH

State of the Hibs “fanzone” 😮

Favourite derby moment getting a draw at Tynie 😂😂😂

Edited by gashauskis9