***Official Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian Sc semi final thread***

Bazzas right boot

13 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

Wish I’d watched it on Premier Sports now.  That commentary is almost putting me into a stauner induced coma.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Greedy Jambo

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Barack said:

Didn't get a chance to follow most of the match thread until late on.

Interesting as always, to see poster's tearing into everything, pre-Wighton goal. Then...nothing.  Not even a celebratory post or constructive criticism.

Need to stand out less, gentlemen. 

Every match day thread is the same. 

Should be an easy job for admins. 

On anther subject, the Internet is brilliant. 

FB_IMG_1604226422976.jpg

That smile from Gordon after the save was a moment to savor, then the 2nd smile at the end just before hugging Robbie, says it all. The way the team celebrated at the end showed what this means to the club and the situation that was forced upon it. Grit, points to prove and the bit between the teeth, loving it.

11 hours ago, Gmcjambo said:

Ha!  What a dimwit,  sorry @Hearts007,  been juggling putting my 9yo to bed after a few beers and basking in the glory of such a brilliant result.   Thanks @RobNoxtoo. 🍻🥴😁

11 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

It was me and I’m delighted to be wrong he was rank 😂🇱🇻

👍

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

😂😂😂 Portos back pass? He actually had two back passes that went straight out for corners to us! He’s dire!

Awful with both feet, like Murray before him, an animal who can barely kick a ball. 

Pasquale for King

Having seen them a bit this season they’ve rode their luck, even yesterday an offside goal and a dodgy penalty still wasn’t enough 😆😂

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, Mdoug79 said:

Stuck offshore with a Hibee for this and he was nervous as hell for days. Refused to watch in the same room as me. He even said before the game that all his Hibee mates had bet against Hibs!! They know they are the wee team they just can’t bring themselves to admit it. Forever in our shadow. 

Have you (Or anyone else) seen him this morning?  He may have jumped.....just saying like

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Every match day thread is the same. 

Should be an easy job for admins. 

On anther subject, the Internet is brilliant. 

FB_IMG_1604226422976.jpg

Leonardo DiCaprio a hearts fan?.....benny factor maybe.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Awful with both feet, like Murray before him, an animal who can barely kick a ball. 

Indeed. A hammer-thrower.

It was important for us to show that we can take on and beat a big, physical team like Hibs. 

Gorgie Boot boy
3 hours ago, Barack said:

Didn't get a chance to follow most of the match thread until late on.

Interesting as always, to see poster's tearing into everything, pre-Wighton goal. Then...nothing.  Not even a celebratory post or constructive criticism.

Need to stand out less, gentlemen. 

This.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Having seen them a bit this season they’ve rode their luck, even yesterday an offside goal and a dodgy penalty still wasn’t enough 😆😂

How come Gogic never got a yellow card until the 113th minute of the game. The guy fouled the whole match and Popsecu gets booked for his first foul.

3 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

Wish I’d watched it on Premier Sports now.  That commentary is almost putting me into a stauner induced coma.

I love the smile on his face after that brilliant save.

16 hours ago, RobNox said:

I agree, the problem was that Nesbit blasted it and there's always a risk that you smash it too high, as he did.  Contrast that with Boyce's penalty, he also decided to lift it, but he didn't blast it, just placed it firmly about mid height of the goals.  Even though the keeper went the right way, he couldn't stop it as he was diving low so had no chance of stopping a ball that was 3-4 feet above his body.  

we love scoring penalties at that end😁

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I love the smile on his face after that brilliant save.

That save was genuinely world-class. The others were just amazingly good.

He should 100% be back in the Scotland squad on the back of that performance.

There are good highlights up on YouTube now, btw.

10 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

That's what Robbie said really. He hoped Steve Clarke was watching and includes him in his next squad.

10 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

“We do love a comeback”....eh? can someone enlighten me please

They were behind in 2016? 

It's relevance to yesterday's game is lost on me, though. Shame. Struggling, obviously. Stubbsy

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

How come Gogic never got a yellow card until the 113th minute of the game. The guy fouled the whole match and Popsecu gets booked for his first foul.

They were saying the same about Popescu. I think all our bookings were correct, about the only things Collum got right. Porteous and Hanlon committed quite a few fouls too. He also gave them a corner when the ball dud t go out when his two assistants in the spot gave a foul. The standard for a bad enough without them making it up as they go. Seems harsh but by the letter of the law McGinn didn’t try to get the ball, White was in in goal and should’ve been a red card. They rarely apply this rule, it’s not up to them to decide that. Got to hope for a Hun in the final. 

37 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

“We do love a comeback”....eh? can someone enlighten me please

Think the idiot got a semi when they pulled it back to 1-1 and is probably trying to compare it to that famous 2-2 victory they had 

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

They were behind in 2016? 

It's relevance to yesterday's game is lost on me, though. Shame. Struggling, obviously. Stubbsy

Absolutely desperate to get the job again, have they got a new physio 🤔?

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely desperate to get the job again, have they got a new physio 🤔?

Physio, mate? 

****ing yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

2 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Incredible 😂😂

1B0DE4B6-12CD-4212-B886-E1586D85817E.png

That roaster was in the press last week saying how the derby record had swung in Hibs favour 🤣

Silly prick should stick to management...oh wait. 

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Physio, mate? 

Yoda would say “left he did, left she did afterwards” allegedly 😱🤔😜

9 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Have you (Or anyone else) seen him this morning?  He may have jumped.....just saying like

He’s been keeping out the road tbh. 😂

2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

That roaster was in the press last week saying how the derby record had swung in Hibs favour 🤣

Silly prick should stick to management...oh wait. 

Seriously? What planet is he on?

5 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Incredible 😂😂

1B0DE4B6-12CD-4212-B886-E1586D85817E.png

A pre hibsing.    A new term.........

New ground broken with every Hobo brainstorm.  :rofl:

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hahahahaha 

6F7ADF65-1A06-4B1F-844F-8EADB3F95FBF.jpeg

That's just superb.  I just couldn't work up the normal enthusiasm for the semi but with the victory and the passing of Zal, the enthusiasm tank is full to the brim now.

To steal someone's line, I'm fired up.  I'm ready to go.

Can we do it on 20/12?  Yes we can.  And will.  You won it for us Zal.  This one's for you

It's clear as day that Hibs never learn. Even my Hibs supporting mates are the same, always give it big licks before a derby thinking they are going to win. As I said to them before Saturday, I'm not confident, however I've seen far worse Hearts teams beat them previously. 

The whole dynamic of the game changed when Robbie made the subs of Haring and Naismith. What a difference those two make to the side. Don't think I need to mention what a difference a decent goalie makes. As Michael Stewart said on the TV, had it been any of our other keepers we would have been behind at half time. If we are to win the final we will need the big man to have another wonder game. 

part_time_jambo
8 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

It's clear as day that Hibs never learn. Even my Hibs supporting mates are the same, always give it big licks before a derby thinking they are going to win. As I said to them before Saturday, I'm not confident, however I've seen far worse Hearts teams beat them previously. 

The whole dynamic of the game changed when Robbie made the subs of Haring and Naismith. What a difference those two make to the side. Don't think I need to mention what a difference a decent goalie makes. As Michael Stewart said on the TV, had it been any of our other keepers we would have been behind at half time. If we are to win the final we will need the big man to have another wonder game. 

I don't think there is any doubt he will be fired up for that one after the way Celtic treated him.

Samuel Camazzola
14 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

They were saying the same about Popescu. I think all our bookings were correct, about the only things Collum got right. Porteous and Hanlon committed quite a few fouls too. He also gave them a corner when the ball dud t go out when his two assistants in the spot gave a foul. The standard for a bad enough without them making it up as they go. Seems harsh but by the letter of the law McGinn didn’t try to get the ball, White was in in goal and should’ve been a red card. They rarely apply this rule, it’s not up to them to decide that. Got to hope for a Hun in the final. 

This isn't exactly right. The reason you don't see that action applied is that the ruling changed around three seasons ago. It was deemed to be a removal of the 'double jeopardy' decision. 

Where to start?  You took your chances we didn't? I was hoping Boyle wouldn't be starting as he's been dire the past few games it's my only criticism of Ross tbf. I said to my mate before the game Boyle coming off the bench in a game like that is a match winner, alas it was not to be.  

I hope you guys win the final now, I really mean that, only because I can't stand the team you are playing 🤪       

28 minutes ago, JoeHarper said:

Where to start?  You took your chances we didn't? I was hoping Boyle wouldn't be starting as he's been dire the past few games it's my only criticism of Ross tbf. I said to my mate before the game Boyle coming off the bench in a game like that is a match winner, alas it was not to be.  

I hope you guys win the final now, I really mean that, only because I can't stand the team you are playing 🤪       

I have a few friends who support other clubs and all have said the same...they might not particularly like us, but their hatred for Celtic far out weighs that.

Edited by sprinbox98

3 minutes ago, sprinbox98 said:

I have a few friends who support other clubs and all have said the same...they might not particularly like us, but their hatred for Celtic far out weighs that.

👍

54 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

This isn't exactly right. The reason you don't see that action applied is that the ruling changed around three seasons ago. It was deemed to be a removal of the 'double jeopardy' decision. 

Not quite, a red card and penalty can both be given if no attempt to play the ball is made or a tackle is reckless or dangerous.

You do still see it.

Edited by graygo

17 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

TBH he had one WC save and two fairley routine saves ( which I would expect him to get) apart from that not much else however, what he does bring to us is stability and confidence in defenders to know they have a solid keeper behind them. If he is not picked for the Scotland squad it really says a lot about the state of our national team.

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, graygo said:

Not quite, a red card and penalty can both be given if no attempt to play the ball is made or a tackle is reckless or dangerous.

You do still see it.

Not for that type of challenge is what I'm saying. 

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, JoeHarper said:

Where to start......

Can you clarify where this “power swing or natural order” you (or your colleagues) believe in is coming from?  I mean barring the actual derby stats which are facts I.e. number of total wins, number of wins at home/away/number of cup wins...etc...etc.............

There was a stat knocking around a while back....can’t quite recall but it was something like if hibs were to pull level with hearts your team would need beat hearts 4 times a season by 2 clear goals for 10 seasons.....10 YEARS, YES 10 YEARS....go read that again.  How can you possibly be our rivals with that fact hanging over you.