What’s the problem

pointon

The problem I had with Fridays performance was it was exactly the same as the Raith and ICT games, both of which we were told on here they were just glorified friendlies. The is no excuse for the opposition working harder and wanting it more. These teams will play their hearts out against us and we had at least match it every game.

The defence still scares me, shit teams seem to get decent chances and go unchallenged in our box time and time again. It only because we are playing shite teams that we haven't been punished.

Edited by jambopilms

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• pointon

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
20 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

When we took the lead with twenty mins to go we should have been looking to kill them off. 

They are part timers after all and would be feeling the pace at that time

Neilson has previous for this with the subs he used and trying to see out games with a slender lead against weaker teams

What it did was envigorate them towards the end and we nearly paid for it with that deflected shot that squeezed past the post. 

We got away with it but only just. 

I like Neilson BTW but we should be looking to finish off these teams not shouting for the final whistle to be blown. 😏

for context - you’re talking about a manager who fist-pumped a 0-0 draw against 10 men in the biggest game of the season

and then of course went on to lose on penalties

that is/was the mentality irrespective of if he’s a great or rubbish manager 

edit : 1-1 (blew a lead as well :lol: )

Edited by MoncurMacdonaldMercer

12 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

The problem I had with Fridays performance was it was exactly the same as the Raith and ICT games, both of which we were told on here they were just glorified friendlies. The is no excuse for the opposition working harder and wanting it more. These teams will play their hearts out against us and we had at least match it every game.

The defence still scares me, shit teams seem to get decent chances and go unchallenged in our box time and time again. It only because we are playing shite teams that we haven't been punished.

:spoton:

There seems ready made excuses for everything. Posters even saying Arbroath where always going to sit behind the ball and make it hard (no they didn't) Arbroath is always a hard place to go (no it isn't, we are HMFC ffs) and will take any win (we shouldn't have to with the money spent and players we have)

Now it's basically the same guys saying oh Saturday doesn't matter all that matters is getting out this league - NO.  That's the bare minimum for this season.  It's the very least we should expect. 

I don't know about anyone else but Friday was what I expected.  a tough game at a tough place to go (doubters just need to check out their home record over last two years).   We found a way to win, that's it, end of.  We will have a few more games like this in the season as we did last time in championship.  It's this disecting  every single minute of every single game on KB that's embarrassing.  

14 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

There seems ready made excuses for everything. Posters even saying Arbroath where always going to sit behind the ball and make it hard (no they didn't) Arbroath is always a hard place to go (no it isn't, we are HMFC ffs) and will take any win (we shouldn't have to with the money spent and players we have)

Now it's basically the same guys saying oh Saturday doesn't matter all that matters is getting out this league - NO.  That's the bare minimum for this season.  It's the very least we should expect. 

On the other hand there are people panicking and losing their shit when we are winning matches.

I think some people need a reality check to remind themselves just how bad we were last season and that a transformation from that into world beaters on a limited budget is not that straightforward and there will be performances that could be better.

I'll take the results.

As for Saturday, its not as important as the league as I'm doubtful it will pay much with no crowds.

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

On the other hand there are people panicking and losing their shit when we are winning matches.

I think some people need a reality check to remind themselves just how bad we were last season and that a transformation from that into world beaters on a limited budget is not that straightforward and there will be performances that could be better.

I'll take the results.

As for Saturday, its not as important as the league as I'm doubtful it will pay much with no crowds.

Not many people are panicking, we will skoosh the league as it's the absolute minimum required. 

I do remember how shite it has been the past two seasons, yeah BUT that still doesn't excuse the absolute fact we have a lot better players, manager, team, squad than anyone in this league and because of how bad we performed the players should be motivated to put on a decent peformance for the support more than anything each and every week with maybe a couple of blips.  We have shown how we can peform at times (Dundee) but Inverness, Cowdenbeath and Friday isn't anywhere near the standard we should be demanding in this league at this club.

Saturday, the club need to show the fans they have the appetite and motivation to beat they tramps after not only the last two years but especially the past 6 months.  Nielson was surely brought back for big nights like Saturday? Ian McCall could get us out of this league afterall.  The League should be a stroll, Saturday is payback for the support and payback to that football club.

Edited by Last Laff

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Moaning? 🤣 Nae bother 5 watt. 

You are moaning about a performance in a friendly? Can result to your shite banter if you want 😂😂😂

Ex member of the SaS

I get that some are FANS and as such can't say anything against their team. However there are also fans that can see the frailties and can also see the merits of the opposition. Even as a Hearts supporter I can see and praise an opposition or player who plays outstandingly. This doesn't mean I don't want Hearts to win every game and can analyze a performance. Every win ( or draw against a better team ) is welcome and every point on the board means a higher spot in the league. As a team we were poor on Friday night and Arbroath played well and could on another day scored at least 3. Hearts too could have scored more and did what was required Ie won the game.

It's often said that playing badly and winning is a sign of a good team, whilst I don't think the Hibs idea of losing while playing well is any consolation, I do want us showing we are better than the rest in this a lower league.

The Kingslayer

We should be demanding/expecting good football from our club. 

However we have to consider the circumstances we find ourselves in and play to them. Just because we are HMFC doesn't mean we are entitled to see our team play like Brazil each and every game. 

Instead of calling ourselves a temporary "championship" club, I'd say we are a mid-table Premiership side, not so different in quality to Killie and Motherwell.

Put either team against Arbroath at home, I'd say the performance and result we experienced Friday would be the same for them. 

We can be thankful of zero attendances. I can only assume some fans express their views at the match as they do here. It's called 'getting behind the team'. Not.