What’s the problem

pointon

10 hours ago, Last Laff said:

They where the better team.  A part time shit house with a couple of weeks training.

Rubbish. They "wheren't" the better team. Thought we controlled the game as much as possible and genuinely believe we could have had 3 or 4. They have had a few consistent seasons and Campbell, although a dick, is a decent manager. 

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• pointon

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I thought Arbroath came at us throughout the 90 minutes and created a massive amount of chances.

Aye? 

If they created massive amounts and came at us throughout the 90 how would you describe our chances and play? Bare in mind we had more corners, possession, shots on and shots off target and won the game? 

As usual you are only happy when moaning and talking pish. 

Screenshot_20201024_093929_com.android.chrome.jpg

Another Robbo

People forget last time we were jn the championship there were more than a few games when we did a smash and grab. Eckersley scoring late on away to Alloa early in the season springs to mind. Games won't all be 10-0 and winning (and staying top in case the league is called) is what matters.

Gordon Ramsay

We started off like we were going to hump them and when Ginnelly went off we seemed to lose our way and confidence dipped. They came back into it and could have easily taken the lead. 

Second half we were on top for most of it and with better finishing could have scored more than one. Last few mins were a bit shaky though, especially that chance at the end for them. 

Not the worst performance I've ever seen but not really very good either. Bit concerning how bereft of ideas we were when Ginnelly went off but we got the 3 points and at the end of the day that's what we came for. 

12 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Midfield is the problem.

Supply to the strikers 

I have no problem with us winning tho.

We’d have got a draw at best here last season

Our passing was amateurish at times mainly the midfield but Boyce as well.

Pass marks for Gordon, Smith, Halkett & Popescu.

Last night was frustrating but we’re going to have games where we have to grind out a result. We’re not going to spank every team, every week.

5 competitive games...5 wins. Can’t ask for much more than that.

I wasn’t to concerned with the performance last night. I also don’t particular want to go over old ground as most of what I picked up on has been posted.

My only other observation was our inability  to take a man on and beat him?

Wether it’s a confidence thing or Robbie has instructed the players to pass their way through opposition teams I genuinely can’t remember one occasion where one of our players decided to have a go and beat an Arbroath player?

Sure we had players driving forward into space but actually taking a man on?

Dont think it happened once?

Scottie Wanshot.
14 hours ago, Herbert said:

We played into arbroaths hands we done the same against dundee in the 2nd half last week. We need to control games and play at a higher tempo and stop letting other teams control the game.

agree

13 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Agree. No pace in midfield, pedestrian build up to every move. Didn’t realise Halliday was playing until 70 mins. 

Halliday, I will excuse because he needs matches. Olly Lee needs someone with energy beside him. His passing is, usually better than last night. The lack of pace in there concerns me for next week as it's pretty much all Hibs have

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye? 

If they created massive amounts and came at us throughout the 90 how would you describe our chances and play? Bare in mind we had more corners, possession, shots on and shots off target and won the game? 

As usual you are only happy when moaning and talking pish. 

Screenshot_20201024_093929_com.android.chrome.jpg

I was not moaning I was simply agreeing with the poster that Arbroath did not just “park the bus” but as usual you get the wrong end of the stick and you jump in “talking pish”!

I am well aware Hearts dominated the stats but Arbroath made a game of it and probably had the best chances in the game. That’s not a criticism of Hearts - that’s a fact!

41 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Full credit to Arbroath btw.

Something that people seem to be missing.

One poster in particular is! 😉

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I was not moaning I was simply agreeing with the poster that Arbroath did not just “park the bus” but as usual you get the wrong end of the stick and you jump in “talking pish”!

I am well aware Hearts dominated the stats but Arbroath made a game of it and probably had the best chances in the game. That’s not a criticism of Hearts - that’s a fact!

The did well, I agree but they never created massive amounts of chances and came at us throughout the 90 minutes. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

The did well, I agree but they never created massive amounts of chances and came at us throughout the 90 minutes. 

Gordon had one fantastic save, the ball bounced about in our 6 yard box on at least half a dozen occasions, and their guy had a fantastic chance with the last kick of the ball. Glad you agree they came at us for the final 90 minutes - so why the personal tirade Tosh?

I’m treating last night as a training exercise we got 3 points from. We’re going to come up against a lot of teams that will be set up to frustrate us and hope to get something on the break, last night will have opened a few players eyes and shown the coaching staff and team what we will need to change to break them down. Dundee tried to go toe to toe with us and look what happened to them, an experienced manager like Dick Campbell will have watched that and set his team up accordingly. Arbroath have only lost a handful of games in two seasons using those tactics. 

49 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Full credit to Arbroath btw.

Something that people seem to be missing.

Yep, I was hoping for more from us but Arbroath were a decent side well organised.

After the first 20 minutes Arbroath grew in confidence and started to give us some problems on the break. They had a couple of clear chances and will probably believe they deserved a point. 

I am not a fan of possession stats - it seems out of date with the way the game is played now - and there is no point out possession consisting of passing along the back line and then hoofing it, or working out way into good positions only for the final ball to be crap. 

But in the cold light of day, one moment of quality won it and hopefully it gives our players a reminder of how hard they have to work in this league. 👍🏻

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Gordon had one fantastic save, the ball bounced about in our 6 yard box on at least half a dozen occasions, and their guy had a fantastic chance with the last kick of the ball. Glad you agree they came at us for the final 90 minutes - so why the personal tirade Tosh?

They had a decent first half and had a few moments in injury time. 

Hardly creating massive amounts of chances and coming at us for 90 minutes. 

The stats posted don't lie, they had their moments but a deserved win for us and Tbh just like they could have scored, we could have scored more as well. 

As usual putting negative twist on a good win and making it out to be far more dramatic a win than it actually was. 

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

They had a decent first half and had a few moments in injury time. 

Hardly creating massive amounts of chances and coming at us for 90 minutes. 

The stats posted don't lie, they had their moments but a deserved win for us and Tbh just like they could have scored, we could have scored more as well. 

As usual putting negative twist on a good win and making it out to be far more dramatic a win than it actually was. 

Where you as usual put on a glossy image and slate anybody that comments on their opinion of the game that you don’t agree with!

But for Gordon we could have lost that game - that’s a fact not a “ negative twist”!

Nowhere have I said I was anything other than delighted with 3 points, however JKB exists for Hearts fans to give their thoughts and opinions - so get off your high horse!

Edited by Thomaso

There's a number of things people are missing when getting stuck into the team and Neilson.

While Arbroath may be part time the majority of their players are experienced ex full time players who know that league inside out, others are full time on loan from prem teams. Playing Hearts will be every teams cup final this season so we can never expect an easy game.

There was a period in the first half where we started to resort to last seasons tactics of aimlessly hoofing the ball. Neilson got a hold of them at half time and we got back to passing, and mixing it up down the wings and long balls into the channels. That would not have happened last season.

Halliday isn't fit, we lost our best creative option early and had to adjust our formation. Frear was tried and failed, he's what you call a Tynecastle player a luxury we can play on the front foot at home but hides when we need dig away from home. With Gino off and frear a passenger we went narrow and Arbroath can deal with that.

Overall they had a 20 minute spell where we relied on our keeper but that's why we bought him, he's part of the team. 2nd half we dominated and had we taken an earlier chance we probably would've walked away 3 nil winners.

we got 3 points and a clean sheet we're unbeaten in 5 games but most importantly we have 6 from 6 in the league that's what matters this season.

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Where you as usual put on a glossy image and slate anybody that comments on their opinion of the game that you don’t agree with!

But for Gordon we could have lost that game - that’s a fact not a “ negative twist”!

Nowhere have I said I was anything other than delighted with 3 points, however JKB exists for Hearts fans to give their thoughts and opinions - so get off your high horse!

Absolute shite. 

Arbroath never came at us for 90 minutes or had massive amounts of chances, that's just bull shite. 

Without a goalie, yes we would have lost. Insightful stuff. 

If they had scored first, you or I don't know what the score would have been, maybe they would have won, maybe we would have, maybe a draw. 

Again, absolute bull shit,  stating "without Gordon we would have lost" as a fact when it is anything but a fact. 

It is about opinions and mine is that your opinion of-

*Arbroath had massive amounts of chances. 

*Came at us for 90 minutes. 

And the cherry on the slaver cake-

*Passing off an opinion that Without Gordon we would have lost as a fact. 

It's all complete tripe. An absolute slaver cake and imo untruths and as a Hearts fan I ask myself why one would spout such shite on a Hearts forum after our 5th win on the trot. 

26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Absolute shite. 

Arbroath never came at us for 90 minutes or had massive amounts of chances, that's just bull shite. 

If they had scored first, you or I don't know what the score would have been, maybe they would have won, maybe we would have, maybe a draw. 

Again, absolute bull shit,  stating "without Gordon we would have lost" as a fact when it is anything but a fact. 

It's all complete tripe. An absolute slaver cake and imo untruths and as a Hearts fan I ask myself why one would spout such shite on a Hearts forum after our 5th win on the trot. 

Ha Ha 😂 He's certainly a glass half full sort of chap. 

Must admit I was shouting at the telly in frustration, even the dog started barking in sympathy 😂

Perhaps this Hearts team is not as good as some fans started to believe. The performance last night was on a par with our LC form. 

We seem to be decent when we can get a bit of width in our play. Gino going off last night was a blow to the tactics. 

I hope him and Roberts are fit for the semi. If not it'll be hard work. 

Maybe Hibs are not as good as we're led to believe either 🤔

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Ha Ha 😂 He's certainly a glass half full sort of chap. 

Must admit I was shouting at the telly in frustration, even the dog started barking in sympathy 😂

Perhaps this Hearts team is not as good as some fans started to believe. The performance last night was on a par with our LC form. 

We seem to be decent when we can get a bit of width in our play. Gino going off last night was a blow to the tactics. 

I hope him and Roberts are fit for the semi. If not it'll be hard work. 

Maybe Hibs are not as good as we're led to believe either 🤔

Good imo is about consistency. 

The odd game you'll win with a big score, most you won't. 

It's about winning and doing it often, that's all. We have started to do that. 

Folk expecting us to rock up at places, dominate and smash teams haven't a clue imo.

Sound like of fans in all honesty and they are generally all arseholes who know nothing about football. 

8 hours ago, widsy1 said:

A lot of away games will be like this this season. We’ll steam roll teams at tynecastle and will be tighter games away from home on smaller pitches and poorer surfaces. 
Expectations were obviously high after last week but 3 points is 3 points closer to getting out this division.

This

8 hours ago, Rizla said:

A boxer has to sometimes win on points. Last night we won on points so to speak.

Was a knock out chip over the keeper

I was quite pleased that we got the points in a game that was a bit of a struggle at times. A valuable lesson to the players that we have to perform and battle and earn it. I still expect and demand us winning this league by a huge margin. Thank god we have a goalkeeper again as that could have been points dropped 🇱🇻

Fort Vallance

I get the folk saying we got the points and every game will be a battle. However we'll have bigger battles than that. The surface was perfect. The conditions were perfect for this time of year. If we cant dominate a part time team under these circumstances we're going to have serious problems later in the season against teams that are more used to scrapping.

22 hours ago, Haringshairband said:

Another 3 points, my problem is i can't get off work next week :seething:

That's what sickies are for. Having said that I took a sickie for 1 derby at Tynie and bumped into half my work in The Shed. :laugh:

And he’s not praying!
2 hours ago, pointon said:

Popescu has bombscare possibilities 

10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Halkett's no up to much either. 

After Gordon they were the best part of the team last night.

If anyone’s worrying me about next week it’s Halkett. He’s not up to speed yet.

1 minute ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Why is Halkett worrying you if you consider him to be the best part of the team after Gordon?

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

They had everyone back in their half pretty much every time we had the ball, as I remember it. To me that's parking the bus. What they did do was try to counter attack quickly but they still created very few chances. 

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

They had everyone back in their half pretty much every time we had the ball, as I remember it. To me that's parking the bus. What they did do was try to counter attack quickly but they still created very few chances. 

We made it easy for them to get everyone behind the ball. Hearts were the better side but I think we need to play through the midfield quicker and with fewer sideways passes and a bit more movement and drive. 

Edited by GinRummy

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Really ? You need to have another  look. They created WAY more than Herts in the first 60 minutes. 

They pushed 3 forward to press which had Hearts defenders hoofing the ball up the pitch on numerous occasions because no one in midfield was dropping off for a pass.

Add to that Hearts literally fell out the game for the latter part of the 1st half.

Anyone thinking Arbroath parked the bus last night is way off the mark. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Nah they came at us for 90 minutes, created a massive amount of chances and if it wasn't for Gordon would have won-factoid. 

I sometimes wonder if folk are watching a different game and getting us confused. 

Maybe watching their son or grandson on fifa online and thinking it's a real game? 

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Really ? You need to have another  look. They created WAY more than Herts in the first 60 minutes. 

They pushed 3 forward to press which had Hearts defenders hoofing the ball up the pitch on numerous occasions because no one in midfield was dropping off for a pass.

Add to that Hearts literally fell out the game for the latter part of the 1st half.

Anyone thinking Arbroath parked the bus last night is way off the mark. 

I'm talking about the whole match. They didn't create way more than us. We were thrown off when Gino went off on top of missing Roberts and starting with Halliday, so it's no surprise we weren't exactly fluid. We were much better in the 2nd half. Yeah they did try to press at first but it wasn't exactly effective other than making it harder for us. Let's not make out it was a masterclass in attacking pressing like Hearts 4-Celtic 0. They were stodgy difficult away opponents as expected, and we won as expected.

Edited by ToqueJambo

On 23 October 2020 at 22:22, Salad Fingers said:

:laugh2: Aye okay. 

Would personally take 1-0 away wins all season but that's because I am happy to see Hearts win. 

I said to some mates in the pub (remember them?) a few weeks ago. I expect us to win most homes very well and just win the aways in whatever manner it takes. I stick by that.

Edited by TorinoJambo
spellcheck

On 23/10/2020 at 22:30, Saint Jambo said:

All league results in a season when we won a record 91 points out of 108, scoring 96 goals in 36 gams in the process. Anyone who expects us to win by multiple goals every week is an idiot.

:oohmatron:

And he’s not praying!
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Why is Halkett worrying you if you consider him to be the best part of the team after Gordon?

Sorry, meant Halliday.

3 hours ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Halkett was awful on Friday. Almost cost us a goal. 

Halliday is definitely not match fit. 

3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

“very few chances”?

9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Absolute shite. 

I didn’t say without Gordon we would have lost the game - I said we COULD have lost the game!

As for the rest of your rant coming from a guy that wanted Hibs to win the cup and thought the sun shone out Levein’s arse you are an expert in bull shit!

Edited by Thomaso

1 hour ago, Jambos1983 said:

We were diabolical yesterday. To pretend otherwise is weird. 3 points however will always be welcome. 

Careful - you’ll get branded a “slaver cake”! 😉