What’s the problem

pointon

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

I thought he was just given the night off. Frear given a chance, etc.

Didn't take it...

Saw a journalist talk about Hearts getting 3 attacking players injured in 24 hours, Ginnelly being the latest one. So I persume Roberts picked up an injury.

We did not perform well today, but we were also facing a team who knows how to play against bigger teams at home. But as others say, this is what the Old Firm do, where a team plays well and contain them, making them look poor. Then a player like Griffiths scores in the last minutes and they take all 3 points away. We are going to face teams who are going to sit in deep against us, the team have to learn how to brake those teams. Today we did it by a great goal from Wighton (from a great pass from Smith.)

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• pointon

Just now, 22games nro said:

We will play a lot better in the future and lose games...

Surely the only thing that's actually important is

3 points won !! 

4FDDBE70-57AD-4709-A6B1-5BB16D088D72.jpeg

No we won’t.  Not in a league full of plumbers and painters. 

Was tough to watch but how often do Celtic win games without playing well? All the time, that's what makes them champions, and that's what will make us champions. To a lesser degree but still.

2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Problem comes when we play better teams. 

Like Dundee last week? like Hibs away last season? Like Rangers at home last season? I have no worries about this team against the better sides, it’s the lesser teams that fight and know how to stop teams that worries me. Good result, bring on next week. 

Just now, 22games nro said:

We will play a lot better in the future and lose games...

Surely the only thing that's actually important is

3 points won !! 

4FDDBE70-57AD-4709-A6B1-5BB16D088D72.jpeg

:spoton:

Just now, Last Laff said:

:rofl:

Gutted we won. 

11 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

As a matter of interest, what were peoples thoughts when we scraped a 1-0 against Auchinleck, a junior side, at home in 2012 on our way to winning the Scottish Cup? A game we were lucky to win. 

The pish must have been running down the steps of the stands in waves. 

Have a bit of perspective. 

i said we would reflect on our Cup Win and say we were THERE 

wattie exploited

a win is a win but Craig Gordon won us the points or passing was piss pure

would have played Irvine over Lee 

going to need a massive improvement to beat the Wee team spoon burning Kunts !!!!!!:rifle:

Dumbarton 0 - 0 Hearts

Alloa 0 - 1 Hearts

Hearts 1 - 0 Raith

Falkirk 1 - 2 Hearts

Livingston 0 - 1 Hearts

Hearts 2 - 3 Falkirk

Livingston 2 - Hearts 3

Hearts 1 - 0 Livingston

Queen of the South 1 - 2 Hearts

Hearts 2 - 1 Raith

Cowdenbeath 1 - 2 Hearts

All league results in a season when we won a record 91 points out of 108, scoring 96 goals in 36 gams in the process. Anyone who expects us to win by multiple goals every week is an idiot.

16 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

95% of posters don’t understand football and don’t have the mental capacity for objective thought. Makes this place unbearable ...

So does arrogant posts like yours TBH

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Arbroath are the 3rd best team in Scotland

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

But not last time in the Championship where we did struggle in some games.

I think people forget that about that season. From October onwards we had a lot of games where we only won by 1 goal. 

34 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Midfield is the problem.

Supply to the strikers 

I have no problem with us winning tho.

We’d have got a draw at best here last season

Absolutely,also a leader on the park.

Anyone who thinks we should be pissing every game 4-0 is off their nut, and just plain arrogant tbh. We beat them and that's that. They were always going to make it tough and be hard to break down. If people think we're going to get the space that we did against Dundee every week, they're away with it.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think people forget that about that season. From October onwards we had a lot of games where we only won by 1 goal. 

They also forget Hibs, Rangers and D Utd were the same in the Championship, except worse some seasons.

Edited by ToqueJambo

24 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Tell you what on tonight’s performance I’d be selecting Wighton in front of Boyce on Saturday.

Not a chance, Boyce showed some very intelligent touches and awareness tonight.  Supply to him was dire.

5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

It's not really arrogant. Some of the posting suggests clearly some folks haven't a Scooby. If it wasn't so glaring, it might be arrogant.

9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Arrogant how? Blatantly obvious that vast swathes of our support don’t really get the game. 

Last week against Dundee our midfield had Roberts and Ginneli to stretch their defence. We had one of them tonight and he was off after 15 minutes. After that we had nobody who could stretch their defence. That’s a worry as pace was our biggest improvement from last season and after tonight we have none available unless their injuries aren’t that bad😬

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Arrogant how? Blatantly obvious that vast swathes of our support don’t really get the game. Absolutely baffling 

18 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Like Dundee last week? like Hibs away last season? Like Rangers at home last season? I have no worries about this team against the better sides, it’s the lesser teams that fight and know how to stop teams that worries me. Good result, bring on next week. 

Most teams are stronger than the mighty Arbroath. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Arrogant how? Blatantly obvious that vast swathes of our support don’t really get the game. 

They don't watch or like football, apart from maybe the CL and EPL. They've attached themselves to Hearts for some reason known only to themselves but they seem to get zero enjoyment from it.

21 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

They where the better team.  A part time shit house with a couple of weeks training.

I see LL is at his devil's advocate act again. 

We could have been one down at half time. 

We had numerous chances in the second half and I'm confident we would have dug out a win in any case. 

Not many teams will go to Gayfield this season and come away with 3 points. This is how it's going to be away from home this season, teams will dig in and make it hard for us to play, then try and hit us as we get frustrated and backtrack. It was not pretty and a sore watch tonight, but that's a bloody good 3 points for me.

It's a cross between Robbie Neilson not being all that great and big money players can't be arsed playing against wee ***** teams on wee ***** pitches.

50 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

We struggled against and should have lost against Ar ****ing Broath.

we are Heart of Midlothian.

Thats the problem. 

We didn't lose though did we.

Kept a clean sheet, took 3 points and remain top of the league.

We had a dodgy 25 mins, regrouped at half time, dominated after the break, won the game. Job done.

But you crack on with your greetin 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

They don't watch or like football, apart from maybe the CL and EPL. They've attached themselves to Hearts for some reason known only to themselves but they seem to get zero enjoyment from it.

Even the EPL fandans should be aware that title winning sides always have to grind out horrible results like tonight? We had to last time in the Championship. Celtic do it all the time. Man United under Ferguson were famous for those ‘Fergie Time’ last gasp winners. 

1 minute ago, whodanny said:

Not many teams will go to Gayfield this season and come away with 3 points. This is how it's going to be away from home this season, teams will dig in and make it hard for us to play, then try and hit us as we get frustrated and backtrack. It was not pretty and a sore watch tonight, but that's a bloody good 3 points for me.

It's a good point. We have gone there,returned unscathed, unlike a number of 'our fans'. Happy to know that's where Dundee, Inverness etc still have to go.

First back to back league wins since January 2019....couldn’t care less if it was the wrong type of win tonight...

I look forward to winning wrongly again next weekend.

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

We struggled against and should have lost against Ar ****ing Broath.

we are Heart of Midlothian.

Thats the problem. 

Dry your eyes FFS. We got 3 points at a hard venue

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

It's a good point. We have gone there,returned unscathed, unlike a number of 'our fans'. Happy to know that's where Dundee, Inverness etc still have to go.

Exactly ! Arbroath might also fancy their chances o f a point up at Inverness next week. We will see teams taking points in all kinds of unexpected places. This is a much more competetive league, all be it at a lower standard, it's up to us to keep our noses in front and maybe hope for a wee bit of help elsewhere. We will win this league.

SpruceBringsteen

Couldn't give two shits if we win every single game 1 nil after a sclaff off the keeper's arse, long as we win. NEXT.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Gambo said:

Having nothing in middle of park IS a problem.

A problem we have no intereset in addressing imo.

We missed Irving. We tried Halliday and it didn't work. Lee and Irving have been good. If Haring is fit all the better.

8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Dry your eyes FFS. We got 3 points at a hard venue

"At a hard venue" when talking about Heart of Midlothian Fc away to Arbroath on a calm day explains clearly that we have a problem tbh.

Just now, SpruceBringsteen said:

Couldn't give two shits if we win every single game 1 nil after a sclaff off the keeper's arse, long as we win. NEXT.

YES !  I see you're on the telly just now.

Sorry to generalise but arseholes that can’t see this result for what it is and can’t see what the long game is should just spend there time stealing just eat bikes and drinking frosty jack in the meadows

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We missed Irving. We tried Halliday and it didn't work. Lee and Irving have been good. If Haring is fit all the better.

Irving has not been the answer tbh. Halliday did the job asked of him, so does Irving.  The problem imo is the jobv asked of them against this opposition.

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

"At a hard venue" when talking about Heart of Midlothian Fc away to Arbroath on a calm day explains clearly that we have a problem tbh.

I'm sure I heard Billy Dodds say that they had the best recent home record outside Celtic and Rangers.

We need to win ugly sometimes this season

55 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Have to say really surprised Naismith did not get some minutes tonight. He is either miles off full fitness or there is some mileage to the rumours him and Neilson have had a wee fall out. 

as mentioned above worried about central midfield next week and really hope Roberts and Gino are fit.  

But 100% record in competitive games and Wighton are positives.  

Very weird naismith not coming on when we are really struggling. 

21 minutes ago, jonesy said:

:) 3 points. Up ye Dick Campbell. Up ye Jake McPake. Up ye Dungcaster. Up ye Petr15. Up ye Fitzpatrick. Up ye Dodds. Up ye everyone. Only Hearts. 

👏👏👏

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Very weird naismith not coming on when we are really struggling. 

At no point were we really struggling :D

Sub4TiddlerMurray

The reason we struggled tonight (IMHO) was that when Gino went off, Wighton replaced him and our shape went all to pot. Not blaming Wighton here but he's not a wide player who can whip crosses in. In the first half he drifted inside (which, as a striker, is his natural instinct). 

The main problem, however, war Halliday sitting really deep. Almost as part of the back four. Frear was conspicuous by his absence too. Which left Walker and Lee up against a 5 man midfield. Walker worked his socks off, but, as a self-confessed Lee fan boy, even I have to admit it wasn't Lee's best performance by a long shot.

The team shape was all wrong and little wonder Arbroath dominated the midfield for long spells.

When Frear went off, White came on. Then Haring stepped onto the park. That's what changed the whole balance back in Hearts favour. Halliday was pushed forward and he started to play (when he'd been absent before). Perfect tactical change from RN.

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Midfield is the problem.

Supply to the strikers 

I have no problem with us winning tho.

We’d have got a draw at best here last season

Agree. No pace in midfield, pedestrian build up to every move. Didn’t realise Halliday was playing until 70 mins. 

34 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Having nothing in middle of park IS a problem.

A problem we have no intereset in addressing imo.

Maybe if Haring and Halliday and Irving find some pace we will be ok.