Mafia game - A Night (or more) at the Theatre

Boof

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
1 minute ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Our PM thread was about 34 pages and I think my theories and plans made up for about 50% of that. My fellow goons must be glad this game is over, I must have annoyed them/bored them to death 😂

Only 50%...?

I think there was a couple of times where 3 or 4 posts in a row were just you thinking out loud 😂

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shapes

• Tenaciousdandy

• yvonnejambo

• Boof

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Morgaro Gomis
1 minute ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Only 50%...?

I think there was a couple of times where 3 or 4 posts in a row were just you thinking out loud 😂

I think there was one time I’d posted 4 in a row and then had to go back and edit the last one to add more as I didn’t want to post a 5th time 😂

Tenaciousdandy
30 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Wee bit more punctual next time eh? 😉

It's all about the deadline drama Riddley lol 

57 minutes ago, Boof said:

What do you think to Assassin able to strike at any time (probably not a lot if you were one of his victims!)?

:muggy:

Still think it's good especially when the role lands in the lap of a maniac.

Excellent game, thanks Boof.

Thought Dandyman added a lot. Riddley was bang average imo 🤷🏻‍♂️😁

1 minute ago, Smack said:

Dandyman was my saviour :lol:

Tenaciousdandy
1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Thank you Boof I enjoyed that. Sorry for going back to my old erratic ways towards the end, but I was right about 3 of the goons although too late to get a vote in at the end.

You made it interesting for us Marvin 🤣

Tenaciousdandy
49 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Yeah just been reading through our PM's and I noticed that haha

We pretty much had all tje goons bang to rights and kept question ourselves lol tbh they where absolutely brilliant and almost believable 

Riddley Walker
13 minutes ago, Smack said:

Was that you who got executed within a bawhair of the opening whistle? :kirk:

6 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Was that you who got executed within a bawhair of the opening whistle? :kirk:

😁 I'm known to have supreme mastery of this game. Any assassin worth their salt would have done it. Surprised it took so long tbh. Just kidding, you were tremendous. Well played!

Edited by Smack

I am still fuming about my lynch. 😂

Still have no idea apart from voting for Vlad why I was singled out as a goon despite being a townie. I begged and pleaded my innocence yet I was taken out. Good to see the town pulled it back. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Despite my early demise, I thoroughly enjoyed following the thread. It's funny how much you see when you're not right in it :D

Top game - cheers Boof :thumbsup:

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Still have no idea apart from voting for Vlad why I was singled out as the goon. I begged and pleaded my innocence yet I was taken out. 

That was my fault and the next day I wished I'd changed to morgaro 

5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Still have no idea apart from voting for Vlad why I was singled out as a goon despite being a townie. I begged and pleaded my innocence yet I was taken out. Good to see the town pulled it back. 

Sorry I was a bit manic on Sunday :rofl:

On 17/10/2020 at 10:41, Boof said:

Pete: Who elected you leader of this outfit?

Ulysses Everett McGill : Well Pete, I figured it should be the one with the capacity for abstract thought. But if that ain't the consensus view, then hell, let's put it to a vote.

Pete : Suits me.

All of a sudden...clunk...out went the lights.

Everett "Oi, Sparky...where art thou?"

Then an ominous thud reverberated around the mostly empty theatre.

The lights came back up and there, lying downstage right, was the lifeless body of Ulysses Everett McGill - aka Smack. First victim of the lighting technician (aka Assassin).

Smack, mere cast member , would be playing no further part in this production.

Particularly enjoyed this amongst all the other great stories. With Boof you get that personal touch.

Tenaciousdandy
2 minutes ago, Smack said:

Particularly enjoyed this amongst all the other great stories. With Boof you get that personal touch.

Yeah you weren't rogered by a randy bull, I'm still walking funny in mason heaven 🤣🤣🤣🤣

19 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Ian did you unvote Marvin on purpose? 

That was one of our biggest problems deciding if Marvin was good or not lol 

I unvoted him on purpose. I honestly can’t remember why though, the first day seems like a lifetime ago 😂

Tenaciousdandy
3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I unvoted him on purpose. I honestly can’t remember why though, the first day seems like a lifetime ago 😂

Well played to you, gave us a headache, thanks for that lol yeah was only 5 days ago yet feels like forever lol 

6 hours ago, Dandyman79 said:

Well played to you, gave us a headache, thanks for that lol yeah was only 5 days ago yet feels like forever lol 

Iirc it was simply to get some suspicion on him if it was revealed that I was a goon. Delighted that to hear that it worked to an extent 😂.

7 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

I didn't vote you :angel:

Couple of people questioning why i gave my role away so early. 

First time being cop I decided to try and role bluff. Thought if I’m so blatant in giving my role away the goons would think I was lying about it.

I had to give my role away too as was potentially going to get lynched by the known good guys

i did like being the doc as it meant I could stay alive a bit longer than normal 😂

Anyway whose going to run next game 

46 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Couple of people questioning why i gave my role away so early. 

First time being cop I decided to try and role bluff. Thought if I’m so blatant in giving my role away the goons would think I was lying about it.

Free advice. Never play funny buggers like that if you’re the cop, especially so early on. We knew immediately you were the cop. If you were bluffing, then the real cop would have you pegged as a goon and obviously we knew you weren’t one. 
We should’ve killed you that night but didn’t as we thought it was so obvious what your role was that the doc would save you. If we took the chance that night, we prove would’ve won this game. You got very, very lucky in that sense.

Edited by iantjambo

Just now, yvonnejambo said:

I had to give my role away too as was potentially going to get lynched by the known good guys

i did like being the doc as it meant I could stay alive a bit longer than normal 😂

Anyway whose going to run next game 

Yeah, I’m in the zone and can’t wait for the next one :D

Doc and Assassin is the only roles I’ve never had. Would love to be the assassin. Doc, not as much 😂

3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Yeah, I’m in the zone and can’t wait for the next one :D

Doc and Assassin is the only roles I’ve never had. Would love to be the assassin. Doc, not as much 😂

Doc is hard as nobody to talk to and it’s a lottery trying to second guess who the goons will go for. I was so hacked off when you got Vlad and Dandy as I was going to save them the nights you got them but just switched thinking you would be expecting me to save them that night. I have only been cop once and got assassinated early on and only time I was assassin was in the game when my mum died so had to abandon.

i think my favourite is mason or a clueless townie. I’m a rubbish goon as terrible at lying 🤥 

It's such a shame for those who depart early and miss the fun.

Big thanks, however, from me for everyone (still alive) who kept contributing and made sure it didn't drag on into a 'feared to post' type game. I think having jambosean as assassin on day 1 ensured that it wasn't going to be a quiet day :lol: 

Still haven't heard from the psychotic assassin. A bit of me thinks (hopes) he took his shots, got his coat and left a happy man. Didn't even open the thread again.

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Free advice. Never play funny buggers like that if you’re the cop, especially so early on. We knew immediately you were the cop. If you were bluffing, then the real cop would have you pegged as a goon and obviously we knew you weren’t one. 
We should’ve killed you that night but didn’t as we thought it was so obvious what your role was that the doc would save you. If we took the chance that night, we prove would’ve won this game. You got very, very lucky in that sense.

I was hoping for some support in my ruse from the masons.

I used BS first night so they should have known I was the cop.

28 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

We did but what could we do really? It was day two. Was part of the reason I had to try and say I thought marvin was innocent to try throw goons off the scent and keep dandyman hidden for as long as I could.

Didn't make our lives easy🤣

Tbf, Rudi fully exposed Vlad on day 2 anyway. He might have lasted even longer if he'd got that spoonful of sugar he was hoping for. Not a criticism of Yvonne in any way, I hate being doc, probably the toughest role.

Rudi also made it pretty clear that Marv didn't have a role, I was surprised when suspicion turned back on him. A lot of shoulda woulda coulda, it was a glorious victory for the town. Against 5 goons! And after losing 3 of our number on Day 1!

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Nothing the masons can do to stop a night kill.

36 minutes ago, Shapes said:

We did but what could we do really? It was day two. Was part of the reason I had to try and say I thought marvin was innocent to try throw goons off the scent and keep dandyman hidden for as long as I could.

Didn't make our lives easy🤣

Your claim at Marvin being good did throw us a bit as we obviously thought he was the other mason.

Morgaro Gomis
2 hours ago, yvonnejambo said:

Doc is hard as nobody to talk to and it’s a lottery trying to second guess who the goons will go for. I was so hacked off when you got Vlad and Dandy as I was going to save them the nights you got them but just switched thinking you would be expecting me to save them that night. I have only been cop once and got assassinated early on and only time I was assassin was in the game when my mum died so had to abandon.

i think my favourite is mason or a clueless townie. I’m a rubbish goon as terrible at lying 🤥 

Me too, apparently 😂

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
2 hours ago, yvonnejambo said:

We were trying to second guess you the whole time Yvonne. As Ian says, we would've killed Vlad the night we killed Rudi as Vlad was pretty much begging to be saved. We thought it was too risky so went for Vlad the next night instead. Could've swung the game in our favour had there been one less trusted person. Saving yourself last night ultimately won the game as well. We/I did consider killing Milky last night but we had to take risks at that point in the game and trying to remove the doctor was the obvious one to take.

Being a goon gives you a completely different perspective on the game, without a doubt my favourite role.

34 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

We were trying to second guess you the whole time Yvonne. As Ian says, we would've killed Vlad the night we killed Rudi as Vlad was pretty much begging to be saved. We thought it was too risky so went for Vlad the next night instead. Could've swung the game in our favour had there been one less trusted person. Saving yourself last night ultimately won the game as well. We/I did consider killing Milky last night but we had to take risks at that point in the game and trying to remove the doctor was the obvious one to take.

Being a goon gives you a completely different perspective on the game, without a doubt my favourite role.

I saved Marvin because I thought he was good rolled. 😊. I’m surprised you didn’t go for me earlier as I was annoying and also gave my role away I think on day 3.. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

I said to dandyman I thought you'd go for milky as the obvious saves would be me/yvonne

2 minutes ago, Shapes said:

I said to dandyman I thought you'd go for milky as the obvious saves would be me/yvonne

It was discussed. But as Sheldon said, if we had any hope of winning then we had to take a chance on Yvonne. Im not sure if it would've made much difference though as you all seemed to have Simo in your sights.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
15 minutes ago, Shapes said:

It was tempting. Really there were two potential outcomes to killing Milky.  His goon list was spot on so either it looked like the last goon was getting revenge (which was probably most likely) for a correct list or the remaining goon was trying to frame the other person on his list and avoid detection. Considering the position we were in, I don't think that would have worked (although it would've been a free hit).

Edited by Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I'd also have to say the goon team were very magnanimous (eventually :lol: ) in their thread when I made the - in hindsight I would say wrong - call with the late Dandyman vote. 

But for that I suspect they'd have strolled to a win with one extra goon and one fewer townie. Though there was the fact that many of them had voted Riddley.

I was so sure I'd made an early call - evidence points otherwise - depending upon how the time is calculated on the JKB clock.

So, future Mods...ca' canny :D 

Also - the Doc role is so hard.

Firstly, you have to stay alive.

Then you get the grumbles from folk who didn't get saved wondering why they weren't as it was SO OBVIOUS they'd be targeted :lol: 

6 hours ago, Smack said:

Still haven't heard from the psychotic assassin. A bit of me thinks (hopes) he took his shots, got his coat and left a happy man. Didn't even open the thread again.

i have been reading the thread, just not posting.

your death was down to a random generator just to get some early movement in the game as day 1 can be quiet

stu was obviously roled and while in a 3 way tie i thought it would really kick things off if i took him out.

all of a sudden out of no where i found myself in the tie and i was ****ed if i was going to be lynched without using all my bullets.

was pretty sure ian was roled so after arguing with boof i convinced him that being allowed to use my bullets anytime meant i could use it before the penalty shootout, which was why he was taking so long to do everything on night 1

was also trying to persuade him if that i won the shoot out  i should be allowed to find more bullets😄

i think if the assassin has only 3 bullets, he should get a reload for every bullet that hits a roled character.

3 hours ago, jambosean75 said:

i think if the assassin has only 3 bullets, he should get a reload for every bullet that hits a roled character.

Not sure about that.

I do however think the assassin should be asked at the start of the game which side he/she wishes to play for and that choice is declared to the rest.

Perhaps even lower the number of kills to 2 bullets after which the assassin becomes either goon or mason and is then added to the team chat at that point?

Assassin role as it stands is great whilst you have that element of control over the game with your kills.

After that you just become a bit pointless if I’m honest?

Just throwing this out there.

You could “potentially” have an assassin for the goons and an assassin for the masons?

Not involved in team chat or as above only involved in team chat after they have used what ever number of bullets from start of game?

Could be carnage!!!

All valid experiments, imo.

Trouble with determining if they work or not is that every game is different!

Who's next for the hot seat? It's not that onerous...honest :lol: 

I've also thought about things like giving the Cop a free investigate on day 1, balanced by the goons getting one too. Maybe the Cop one doesn't go to masons immediately...there's all sorts of variations you could introduce.

Sometimes plain and simple works best :D 

6 minutes ago, Boof said:

I've also thought about things like giving the Cop a free investigate on day 1, balanced by the goons getting one too. Maybe the Cop one doesn't go to masons immediately...there's all sorts of variations you could introduce.

Sometimes plain and simple works best :D 

Agreed.

The permutations are endless. You could change it soo many times and never settle on a formula that works every time.

What makes a good game over any rules change is people who are committed to talking. I ****ing hate lurkers. Why join a game to sit there saying **** all?

I get why an inexperienced player might feel the need to keep their gob shut. That’s fine. Last game proved however that keeping your gob shut isn’t necessary.

Its a bit of fun at the end of the day. We don’t take it too seriously. It’s a game.

The best games are always when people chat freely.

Edited by Vlad Magic

I'm 9-5 from Monday so I can run one but I'd need people to chat because my last one was torture and was barely any pages.

Tell me -

Do you want a theme?

What roles do you want?

What from Boofs game should be kept/changed?

I'd be aiming for 15 + players, the more the better