Mafia game - A Night (or more) at the Theatre

Boof

4 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

Saved myself the first night just cos it meant I would survive a day and didn’t have a clue on who to save then

then I think it was Marvin, me again, Shapes and then me.

i know every second night myself but I did genuinely think I would have been a goon target before the end 

I also was going to save dandy the night I saved shapes but I thought you would have went for her before Dandy 

We were sure you would save Vlad on night 2 and so we went elsewhere. If we had taken the chance, there’s no doubt in my mind that we would’ve won.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shapes

• Tenaciousdandy

• yvonnejambo

• Boof

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In a game full of deceit, despite the call going against them, the goons did have a chuckle at this one.

On 19/10/2020 at 21:29, Boof said:

Right - no PMs received.

14 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

We were torn between you and Vlad. We knew Vlad was cop and were convinced you were DA. We felt that it was so obvious that Vlad was cop that the doc would save him. With hindsight we should’ve took the risk and attempted to kill him then. 

Im suprised you went for me because my plan was to try and get all the good guys taken out, i nearly made a comment about yvonne after night one saying she probably saved herself, but that def would have outed me. 

also vlad you need to stop getting so excited when you get a role. It was only day 2 and you outed yourself as the cop. 

as for the DA role it was good but very difficult. I knew everything but I couldnt have a direct influence on anything (other than naming roles). 

i mentioned to boof that it would have been a good idea for me to be able to reveal at anytime 1 role to the masons and 1 role to the goons.  Eg day 2 id probably have revealled yvonne’s role to the goons and not sure who and when id have revealled to the masons. 

I feel its a role that could be used once every 4 or 5 games to keep it fresh!

3 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Me and shapes did think you had saved her on the night vlad was gooned, I actually thought you had saved vlad the night before 

I hadn’t sussed Vlad was the cop until third day and Sheldon had commented on my post when I said something about knowing who cop was. 
it’s pretty hard being doc (I don’t think I have been doc before or if I have I must have been lynched early on, so I’m happy I have survived a full game and been on winning side. I do feel bad I didn’t save Vlad and you as it really was a split decision and the goons won 

Thank you Boof I enjoyed that. Sorry for going back to my old erratic ways towards the end, but I was right about 3 of the goons although too late to get a vote in at the end.

4 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

How often do these games run?

We hadn’t had a game for a long time. But as Rudi said above, lockdown happened and the games started up again.

No doubt another sign up thread will appear in the next week or two.

18 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Don’t get it twisted, I am utterly furious :rofl:

Nah, in all seriousness, well done town. Reckon we played very well and got unlucky but can’t argue with how you managed to win it in the end.

I’ve asked this question about 8 times and never got an answer (except from Riddley, but that’s obvious why): why was everyone so suspicious of me? 😂

I thought I played the game to a tee, then I decided to play the route of confuse the **** out of everyone. I named 3 goons on my goon lists ffs 😂😂

It just wasn’t figuring right with me and obviously in day 1 and day 2 if you are a lone player it’s just a pure guess, but after that looking at voting patterns and the post you put about saying you thought bunny and Marvin were probably good along with you and then you went on to say about not sure about bunny all in same post, I thought you were covering your ass and bunny must be a goon 

Morgaro Gomis

Thanks Boof, that was a really good game.

Our plan on the last day was for Simo to get voted out or for it to go to a shootout between me and Simo. Then we’d set it up for me to win and I’d be hiding behind the fact I had listed 3 goons. That was blown apart when I got lynched though. We had to hope to get lucky at that stage but it went against us.

That game was a rollercoaster of emotions😂 Scenes in the goon chat too! 

Still think we were unlucky but credit to the town sussing it at the end 🥲

Fair play to Riddley. Smashed it in your first game. Sorry for trying to paint you as a goon for days 🤣

Morgaro Gomis
1 minute ago, yvonnejambo said:

It just wasn’t figuring right with me and obviously in day 1 and day 2 if you are a lone player it’s just a pure guess, but after that looking at voting patterns and the post you put about saying you thought bunny and Marvin were probably good along with you and then you went on to say about not sure about bunny all in same post, I thought you were covering your ass and bunny must be a goon 

I’m not sure I said Bunny was good, to be fair. I said I thought it was between him and Marvin for who was good and Marvin edged it so Bunny was my extra goon choice. All good though, was a pack of lies anyway 😂

2 minutes ago, Simo said:

Fair play to Riddley. Smashed it in your first game. Sorry for trying to paint you as a goon for days 🤣

Would love to see the goon chat 😂

Here's how it came out of the hat (i.e. I got my lad to rattle off a list of random numbers).

Stuart McNeill Mason 1
yvonnejambo Doc
Dunks Cast 6
AlimOzturk Cast 2
milky_26 Cast 1
Vlad Magic Cop
Shapes Mason 2
Morgaro Gomis Goon 2
Dr. Sheldon Cooper Goon 3
Riddley Walker Cast 5
Rudi Skacel Devil's Advocate
jambosean75 Assassin
Dandyman79 Mason 3

iantjambo Goon 1

Marvin Cast 4
Bunny Munro Goon 4
Smack Cast 3
Simo Goon 5

The PM threads were epic - goons was over 30 pages!

For future moderators...

There's a way to find out when a post was made - if you hover over the 'Posted 2 minutes ago' bit it gives you the time of the post.

Sadly for the goons I didn't discover that until the following morning - who knows how the game would have turned out if I'd disallowed Dandyman's vote? I suspect a straightforward goon win but the flip-flopping of votes around that deadline might've alerted - moral victory to goons?

Once they were up against it, they tried like demons - everything and anything they could think of. So close - even the known good guys were hmming and hawing up to the end.

Good work on the mason PM thread too.

Hats off to Riddley Walker. First game, only a townie and survival to the end. He did have someone answering questions in the background (me) but not in any game-influencing way. Just encouragement to get involved - I had to check on day 2 that he knew the game wasn't finished yet :lol: 

Special mention to Morgaro Gomis. Tenacity beyond belief and determination to see it through - so close.

And MotM I think needs to go to Shapes. She survived a whole game as a good 'un - I suppose it helped being investigated on night 1 :lol:  Much good work on their PM thread too.

Tenaciousdandy
12 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

I hadn’t sussed Vlad was the cop until third day and Sheldon had commented on my post when I said something about knowing who cop was. 
it’s pretty hard being doc (I don’t think I have been doc before or if I have I must have been lynched early on, so I’m happy I have survived a full game and been on winning side. I do feel bad I didn’t save Vlad and you as it really was a split decision and the goons won 

Yeah the doc is one of the hardest roles to have

Its all good, even tho I was dead I was still very active in the game and tried to assist shspes as much as I could 

2 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

I’m not sure I said Bunny was good, to be fair. I said I thought it was between him and Marvin for who was good and Marvin edged it so Bunny was my extra goon choice. All good though, was a pack of lies anyway 😂

Yeah you did very well and I think if  the post was basically hedging your bets made it clearer that you were bad, but also process of elimination it was obvious Riddley was getting set up by all the goons  and you were 1 of them doing it too 

Tenaciousdandy
18 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Im suprised you went for me because my plan was to try and get all the good guys taken out, i nearly made a comment about yvonne after night one saying she probably saved herself, but that def would have outed me. 

also vlad you need to stop getting so excited when you get a role. It was only day 2 and you outed yourself as the cop. 

as for the DA role it was good but very difficult. I knew everything but I couldnt have a direct influence on anything (other than naming roles). 

i mentioned to boof that it would have been a good idea for me to be able to reveal at anytime 1 role to the masons and 1 role to the goons.  Eg day 2 id probably have revealled yvonne’s role to the goons and not sure who and when id have revealled to the masons. 

I feel its a role that could be used once every 4 or 5 games to keep it fresh!

Me and shapes spoke about you trying to out us instead of naming the goons 🤣

6 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

Would love to see the goon chat 😂

There was a post a day or two back when you asked 3 goons how things were going in the goon chat. That was a definite :lol: moment 

Stuart McNeill

4 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

I had to try and stop myself on day two when shapes was going all gung ho on alim and people were ganging up on me and alim aswell. 

when you started posting in well is he? or something like that I had an idea you were the writer. the issue is, I tried posting it in the PM's on my phone and it never sent properly..

1 minute ago, Boof said:

There was a post a day or two back when you asked 3 goons how things were going in the goon chat. That was a definite :lol: moment 

Was that just after we lynched one of them ? 

Just now, Dandyman79 said:

Me and shapes spoke about you trying to out us instead of naming the goons 🤣

thats true. The first part was to get rid of the cop, the fact shapes was the person investigated was a bonus. I made a comment saying how shapes and vlad seemed to be sure of each other or something and then to vlad about a detective hat being on, which he then confirmed was on all the time. I thought that surely that would be enough for the goons to at the very least take out shapes or go for vlad. I could have helped the goons. I couldnt win while there were no good roles left but I could lose. 

goons were stupid anyway. The town werent convinced about me so id have probably been lynched at somepoint. Wasted a kill. 

Riddley Walker
12 minutes ago, Simo said:

:lol: Well played. You and Morgaro were incredibly unlucky and your 'arguments' with each other were very realistic.

There were points towards the end of that where I thought Shapes influence was gonna sway some of the good votes towards me and that would be it. Thankfully she swung back again.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
24 minutes ago, Boof said:

In a game full of deceit, despite the call going against them, the goons did have a chuckle at this one.

😂😂 that's being kind to us.

Keeping up with the goon thread was honestly like a full time job, especially during the day. I honestly don't think Morgaro has done his actual job since this game started 😂

Fair to say that's been the best game for ages. If things had gone differently I'm adamant we would have won, especially with an extra night kill, but we fought the best battle we possibly could. We would give up hope, then we'd get the town doubting themselves and our confidence levels would go sky high. A proper emotional roller coaster.

As someone who hasn't played for years, Morgaro was brilliant. If we had turned it round after the controversial third day it would have been down to him and Simo for their efforts on the game thread. Riddley was also great for a first timer, we actually assumed you had given up at one point!

A great goon team and great fun to be a part of.

I had hoped the DA role would last a bit longer just to see how it played out - goon whack on night 2 🙄

I also liked Rudi's suggestion about revealing 1 role to masons and 1 to goons at any time.

What do you think to Assassin able to strike at any time (probably not a lot if you were one of his victims!)?

And just sorry, sorry, sorry for the protracted penalty shoot-out and lengthy waits for stories...sometimes I just can't help myself... :lol:

Two notable Goon moments in our pm thread.

1.Me being pissed when the game started and thinking we were the masons. I didn’t realise we were the goons until the following morning 😂

2. Us all having an almighty strop at Boof after the SPFL-esque late vote debacle 😂😂

Riddley Walker
13 minutes ago, Boof said:

Here's how it came out of the hat (i.e. I got my lad to rattle off a list of random numbers).

Stuart McNeill Mason 1
yvonnejambo Doc
Dunks Cast 6
AlimOzturk Cast 2
milky_26 Cast 1
Vlad Magic Cop
Shapes Mason 2
Morgaro Gomis Goon 2
Dr. Sheldon Cooper Goon 3
Riddley Walker Cast 5
Rudi Skacel Devil's Advocate
jambosean75 Assassin
Dandyman79 Mason 3

iantjambo Goon 1

Marvin Cast 4
Bunny Munro Goon 4
Smack Cast 3
Simo Goon 5

The PM threads were epic - goons was over 30 pages!

For future moderators...

There's a way to find out when a post was made - if you hover over the 'Posted 2 minutes ago' bit it gives you the time of the post.

Sadly for the goons I didn't discover that until the following morning - who knows how the game would have turned out if I'd disallowed Dandyman's vote? I suspect a straightforward goon win but the flip-flopping of votes around that deadline might've alerted - moral victory to goons?

Once they were up against it, they tried like demons - everything and anything they could think of. So close - even the known good guys were hmming and hawing up to the end.

Good work on the mason PM thread too.

Hats off to Riddley Walker. First game, only a townie and survival to the end. He did have someone answering questions in the background (me) but not in any game-influencing way. Just encouragement to get involved - I had to check on day 2 that he knew the game wasn't finished yet :lol: 

Special mention to Morgaro Gomis. Tenacity beyond belief and determination to see it through - so close.

And MotM I think needs to go to Shapes. She survived a whole game as a good 'un - I suppose it helped being investigated on night 1 :lol:  Much good work on their PM thread too.

Thanks Boof. I was completely out my depth for the first 2 full days, didn't have a scooby what was going on. Don't think I realised at first the deception involved. Cheers for answering what now seem like very stupid questions :lol:

4 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

1.Me being pissed when the game started and thinking we were the masons. I didn’t realise we were the goons until the following morning 😂

Shite!!

I promised that one would make the blooper reel :lol: 

Stuart McNeill

Gomis trying to set up riddley and marvin for being baddies and voting each other to get one out scot free hahaha.

Almost had us believing it as well tbf.

6 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

thats true. The first part was to get rid of the cop, the fact shapes was the person investigated was a bonus. I made a comment saying how shapes and vlad seemed to be sure of each other or something and then to vlad about a detective hat being on, which he then confirmed was on all the time. I thought that surely that would be enough for the goons to at the very least take out shapes or go for vlad. I could have helped the goons. I couldnt win while there were no good roles left but I could lose. 

goons were stupid anyway. The town werent convinced about me so id have probably been lynched at somepoint. Wasted a kill. 

I’ll concede that that was probably our only mistake.  The idea of someone knowing who we all were made us panic a bit. 

Riddley Walker
9 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

2. Us all having an almighty strop at Boof after the SPFL-esque late vote debacle 😂😂

:pleasing:

Tenaciousdandy
12 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Pleasing 🤣🤣🤣

Just now, Boof said:

How was Yvonne deemed a good guy so easily?

I'm sure I must've missed something?

Never investigated...

She outed herself and nobody countered her claim

Just now, Rudi Skacel said:

Have to say, 22 pages for a mafia thread. Cracking. Well done to sean for making the first day so interesting!

Hmmm - interesting...yeah!!

As I said to Sean in his PM - I did a genuine LOL when he came out as the assassin.

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Have to say, 22 pages for a mafia thread. Cracking. Well done to sean for making the first day so interesting!

I remember when i played before it was always in the 20s/30s 

Just now, Shapes said:

Ooooft - you'll have been glad I wasn't a townie this game :lol:

3 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

These are the types of games I love. Loads of chat, theories and deceit being thrown about.

Absolutely brilliant.

I dunno why I was changing my mind on morgaro when I actually laid out a trap for him that he fell into when milky was investigated. 

Stuart McNeill
1 minute ago, Shapes said:

I dunno why I was changing my mind o

n morgaro when I actually laid out a trap for him that he fell into when milky was investigated. 

Yeah just been reading through our PM's and I noticed that haha

2 minutes ago, Shapes said:

I dunno why I was changing my mind on morgaro when I actually laid out a trap for him that he fell into when milky was investigated. 

what was your chat like when vlad was outing himself as cop having only investigated you?

7 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Yeah before I got lynched by the known good guys 🤣

Morgaro Gomis
4 minutes ago, Shapes said:

I knew that was a trap, I was never gonna vote Milky there and I knew it was him or Riddley investigated. As soon as you voted Milky I knew it was him. 

You then asked for goon lists lists and I had to stick him on mine as I had voted him the night before and nothing had changed for me to be able to change that 😂

Morgaro Gomis

Our PM thread was about 34 pages and I think my theories and plans made up for about 50% of that. My fellow goons must be glad this game is over, I must have annoyed them/bored them to death 😂