Mafia game - A Night (or more) at the Theatre

Boof

5 hours ago, jambosean75 said:

i think if the assassin has only 3 bullets, he should get a reload for every bullet that hits a roled character.

I like that idea.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shapes

• Tenaciousdandy

• yvonnejambo

• Boof

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Do you want a theme?

Themes can be fun but even as mod I had to keep checking what to call folk when doing the counts and stories. Only one I could remember - because I gave her a name - was the director: Alfred HitchDoc :D 

What roles do you want?

Same as usual for me. I'd be happy to get the Mafia Assassin account unlocked - Sean didn't seem to want it...or I forgot to offer...

Rudi reckoned the DA should be used sparingly just to keep it fresh.

What from Boof's game should be kept?

Sean as assassin :lol: 

I went for approximately 1/4 of the players being goons - turned out to be 5/18

What from Boof's game should be changed?

Sean as assassin.

Long waits for night stories :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

One idea I like is that there isnt a set player list. Eg so the cop cant always just give themselves away to the masons.

People could just name a name they would investigate. Top tip, it should always be Ian.

The assassin should NEVER play or declare for a team in my opinion. Don't agree with free reloads either, although maybe something task based would be a different story.

There's also the Jack of all Trades role, which I don't think we have ever experimented with. Just throwing it out there 😁

I liked a game I ran where I gave the goons a superkill. But no one would know when it had been used unless the doc had tried to save that same person in the same night. 

the town get alot going for them

9 minutes ago, Boof said:

What's the JoaT again?

you could give the JOAT one cop investigation and one save on different nights of their chosing. but the info does not go to the masons. could also do something similar for a bad roled player

27 minutes ago, Boof said:

What's the JoaT again?

It can be anything you want really. A limited number of actions chosen from a list of actions, with the possibility of limiting the number of times any given action is actioned. Couldn't be bothered finding another word for action.

Possible act....operations could include, investigate, save/heal, assassinate, reveal player X to player y. Anything you can think of.

Edited by Smack

One thing i will say, people who are offering up some ideas should perhaps run a game with those ideas in place. That way you get a sense of whether it has worked or not because you can see the overall game. 

We should persuade Kickback to stump up for a fully programable Auto Boof  like the one they used in that World Series of Mafia thing that Shapes entered.

7 hours ago, Smack said:

People could just name a name they would investigate. Top tip, it should always be Ian.

The assassin should NEVER play or declare for a team in my opinion. Don't agree with free reloads either, although maybe something task based would be a different story.

There's also the Jack of all Trades role, which I don't think we have ever experimented with. Just throwing it out there 😁

:cornette_dog:

8 hours ago, Shapes said:

I'm 9-5 from Monday so I can run one but I'd need people to chat because my last one was torture and was barely any pages.

Tell me -

Do you want a theme? 

What roles do you want?

What from Boofs game should be kept/changed?

I'd be aiming for 15 + players, the more the better

Theme: Yes, god knows what though (perhaps a Halloween theme?). I would be just as happy with generic game though.

Roles: I like the turncoat idea.

Changes from Boofs game: Don’t overuse the DA role. So I would suggest using it sparingly.

Edited by iantjambo

5 hours ago, Rudi Skacel said:

One thing i will say, people who are offering up some ideas should perhaps run a game with those ideas in place. That way you get a sense of whether it has worked or not because you can see the overall game. 

I’ve often thought about running a game but petrified to do so in case I **** it up.

You know what **** it. I’ll give running a game a go. As it’ll be my first though, it’ll just be a simple generic game (no theme). So if any of the others are planning on a Halloween themed game for this week then I’ll happily sit back and run the one after.

35 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Halloween theme could be fun.

Freddy Kruger, Michael Myers and co as Goons.

Officer Dewey from Scream as cop?

Goons: Michael Myers, Jason Vorhees, Ghostface,Pinhead , Freddy Kruger

Cop: Officer Dewey (good call on that Vlad) or Clarice Starling

Doc: Dr Frankenstein 

Masons: Laurie Strode, Van Helsing, Ripley

Assassin: Count Dracula 

😁

Edited by iantjambo

2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

😁

Happy to let you run with that and I'll do the one after you!

4 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Happy to let you run with that and I'll do the one after you!

I was just giving ideas to a Halloween themed game. If I run one then it’ll just be a generic game to start with. Just until I get a feel for it :)

Edited by iantjambo

12 hours ago, Smack said:

It can be anything you want really. A limited number of actions chosen from a list of actions, with the possibility of limiting the number of times any given action is actioned. Couldn't be bothered finding another word for action.

Possible act....operations could include, investigate, save/heal, assassinate, reveal player X to player y. Anything you can think of.

Maybe he/she is given the name of just one goon and depending on his/her influence on the game, could make it interesting. Just think if @Shapes is a simple townie and knows the true identity of one goon. .  The possibilities are endless.

2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

😁

Any room for Chucky?

If/when I run a game, I’ve got these ideas for the assassin:

I don’t know about others, but I’ve got a bit fed up with the assassin going trigger happy on day 1. So I was thinking of not letting them starting using their bullets until the first night. If they got lynched on day 1. I would give them a revenge kill during the night.

If the game goes to day 4 and the assassin is still alive, award them another bullet.

Thoughts?

Stuart McNeill
3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

If/when I run a game, I’ve got these ideas for the assassin:

I don’t know about others, but I’ve got a bit fed up with the assassin going trigger happy on day 1. So I was thinking of not letting them starting using their bullets until the first night. If they got lynched on day 1. I would give them a revenge kill during the night.

If the game goes to day 4 and the assassin is still alive, award them another bullet.

Thoughts?

Could they use all 3 bullets 1 minute into day 2? 

23 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

You will probably go back to dying on day one

I want a stewards enquiry into how she made it to the final day in this one 😂😂

Maybe that is a new rule we could bring in that I’m immune from lynching, killing or assassinated 😁

48 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

It was the piss poor goons that were responsible

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

I couldn't credit how everyone believed the Doc claim so easily.

If I'd been a vanilla townie - or even someone pretending to be one - I'd certainly have been a bit 'Hold on a minute...'

No doubt to the detriment of either the town or myself :lol: 

1 hour ago, Boof said:

I couldn't credit how everyone believed the Doc claim so easily.

If I'd been a vanilla townie - or even someone pretending to be one - I'd certainly have been a bit 'Hold on a minute...'

No doubt to the detriment of either the town or myself :lol: 

I reckon if the cop was dead and I was a goon I'd have countered the claim and pretended to be the doc 🤣