Euro nations cup

John Findlay

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Something something Georgia 2007.

One of the most :vrface: worthy results of all time. 

Was repeated sep 2015 too. 

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smoked-Glass

• Mikey1874

• Gizmo

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

It’s been a great tournament for Scotland as every single match now is competitive and means something. Previously these weeks would have been filled with friendly’s so multiple call offs, players playing at half pace and more often than not defeats which led to disjointed squads used to losing and being pushed down the rankings. 

Ironically if (and it’s still an if) we can get into league A it’s utopia for blazers as we will be in with the big boys which should bring in big crowds (surely by then) and big cash. As an earlier poster said it’s almost guaranteed a play off spot as nearly all pot A countries qualify via normal League process. 

Hope to God we don’t Hibs it from here. 

We could be playing England in group A

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Is that the game we we're expecting to bag a few past a young rookie goalkeeper. And lost 2-0.

Brutal! 

Edited by ri Alban

24 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Is that the game we we're expecting to bag a few past a young rookie goalkeeper. And lost 2-0.

Brutal! 

Indeed!  We well and truly ****ed it in a way that only Scotland can!

Georgia coach Klaus Toppmoller, whose side had no chance of qualifying, handed a debut to 17-year-old goalkeeper Giorgi Makaridze, who has yet to play for Dinamo Tbilisi.

Levan Kenia, a 16-year-old with Schalke 04, was also in central midfield, with Empoli's Mchedlidze up front for a Georgia side themselves without several key players.

And to make things worse, it left us needing to beat Italy to qualify (the infamous cheating 2-1 defeat).

What could have been....

The Old Tolbooth
2 hours ago, tian447 said:

A truly embarrassing night, although if Scotland do qualify, the thought of Petrie and Doncaster back slapping each other because they'll get bigger bonuses as a result, makes me a little bit sick in my mouth :sick:

Riddley Walker
3 hours ago, tian447 said:

Indeed!  We well and truly ****ed it in a way that only Scotland can!

And to make things worse, it left us needing to beat Italy to qualify (the infamous cheating 2-1 defeat).

What could have been....

God that was so brutal. That Italy decision and the Andy Davis one are the two angriest moments of my footballing supporting life. Just pure rage and desolation.

52 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

God that was so brutal. That Italy decision and the Andy Davis one are the two angriest moments of my footballing supporting life. Just pure rage and desolation.

If its any consolation. Drawing and losing the italy game didn't make much difference.  Only a win

Its still a strange decision that free kick.  

Riddley Walker
31 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

If its any consolation. Drawing and losing the italy game didn't make much difference.  Only a win

Its still a strange decision that free kick.  

Yeah, but if we'd drawn then we would have gone through if Ukraine had beaten France a few days later. France won that game anyway but who knows what would have happened if the pressure had been on.

24 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Yeah, but if we'd drawn then we would have gone through if Ukraine had beaten France a few days later. France won that game anyway but who knows what would have happened if the pressure had been on.

OK sorry. Thought it was all over apart from maybe one of the big 2 had a game v faros or similar.  Ukraine is different 

Riddley Walker
40 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

OK sorry. Thought it was all over apart from maybe one of the big 2 had a game v faros or similar.  Ukraine is different 

Pretty sure it was in Ukraine as well. Shoulda could woulda etc.

4 hours ago, Riddley Walker said:

I still hold a grudge 13 years later, and hope Italy lose every international game they play :lol:

A draw wouldn't have done us much good, but the manner in which we lost still annoys me to this day, especially given the fact that we beat France... Twice!! Nobody does that, and we got some amazing results that year, doing the double over France and Ukraine (who were a good team!) , and ****ed it against... Georgia....

At least it wasn't the Faroe Islands, or Lithuania which would be much more "Scotland". 

It's nice to diversify the rage away from Hearts opponents sometimes! :)

Edited by tian447

42 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I still hold a grudge 13 years later, and hope Italy lose every international game they play :lol:

A draw wouldn't have done us much good, but the manner in which we lost still annoys me to this day, especially given the fact that we beat France... Twice!! Nobody does that, and we got some amazing results that year, doing the double over France and Ukraine (who were a good team!) , and ****ed it against... Georgia....

At least it wasn't the Faroe Islands, or Lithuania which would be much more "Scotland". 

It's nice to diversify the rage away from Hearts opponents sometimes! :)

Lost  away to Ukraine (Robbie neilson only cap) but we beat them well at home. 

46 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Lost  away to Ukraine (Robbie neilson only cap) but we beat them well at home. 

You're right, we lost 2-0 away.

Ah well, I'll hold a grudge regardless! 

1 minute ago, Riddley Walker said:

****, so if we'd drawn Italy and Ukraine had won we'd have gone through on head to head. All these ifs. That was some campaign.

Typical Scotland. We lost to Belarus in the previous campaign.