Striker required

NB GIN

3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

1 would be nice. 

Wighton is a laugh

Naismith now seems to be a midfielder at the end of his career

Roberts is not a striker

It's pretty much all down to Boyce now and he didn't want the #9 jersey. 

Do you doubt Boyces credentials based on wanting the 10 jersey? The boy will score for fun against the jokers in this division, he's managed over 20 goals in two separate seasons at the level above. Plus the injury prone thing is a complete myth. 

Naismith, Walker, Lee, Haring and Halkett all have previous of scoring at least a handful of goals at a higher level than this one and I'd expect others to chip in with a couple. 

We'll be more than alright, an extra player would be no skin off my nose but it's hardly going to be the difference maker

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Greedy Jambo

• busby1985

• jr ewing

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

1 would be nice. 

Wighton is a laugh

Naismith now seems to be a midfielder at the end of his career

Roberts is not a striker

It's pretty much all down to Boyce now and he didn't want the #9 jersey. 

You do know what league we're playing in right? Every single club in this league would gladly take any one of those players.

Greedy Jambo
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You do know what league we're playing in right? Every single club in this league would gladly take any one of those players.

Most clubs would have liked our squad last season. 

Time will tell. 

31 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Hope so. 

Greedy Jambo

It's not like we've moved on, All we've done is bring Robbie Neilson back and signed another load of players, but no striker. 

Seems awfully familiar and a bit comfortable for old Ann. 

Just my thoughts. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

It's not like we've moved on, All we've done is bring Robbie Neilson back and signed another load of players, but no striker. 

Seems awfully familiar and a bit comfortable for old Ann. 

Just my thoughts. 

I'm not sure how comfortable Budge or anyone is feeling in the middle of a global pandemic.

Greedy Jambo
12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm not sure how comfortable Budge or anyone is feeling in the middle of a global pandemic.

Shan excuse, we're still signing players, the problem isn't the pandemic, the problem is people that know absolutely hee haw about football. 

I think we'll be ok this year, I think we'll win the league comfortably, but another striker would make me feel get more confident. 

I'll be shocked if Wighton turns out to be the answer. 

25 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Shan excuse, we're still signing players, the problem isn't the pandemic, the problem is people that know absolutely hee haw about football. 

I think the man who has won the championship with 2 successive teams, probably knows a wee bit more than hee haw about football. And definitely a hell of a lot more than you. 

2 minutes ago, droid said:

I think the man who has won the championship with 2 successive teams, probably knows a wee bit more than hee haw about football. And definitely a hell of a lot more than you. 

Couldn’t agree more with you, droid.

Greedy Jambo
10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Couldn’t agree more with you, droid.

You would agree with a squirrel if it showed you it's nuts. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I'm quite happy with this window - Halliday, Roberts, Frear, Gordon, Petresucue, Ginnelly and Kingsley, plus a manager who knows what he's doing. Are you saying you're not? We're simply not going to be signing multiple players for every position just in case our first picks get injured in this of all seasons!

Edited by ToqueJambo

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Bunny Munro said:

I think we'll be ok this year, I think we'll win the league comfortably, but another striker would make me feel get more confident. 

I'll be shocked if Wighton turns out to be the answer. 

Exactly ....

Greedy Jambo
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm quite happy with this window - Halliday, Roberts, Frear, Gordon, Petresucue, Ginnelly and Kingsley, plus a manager who knows what he's doing. Are you saying you're not? We're simply not going to be signing multiple players for every position just in case our first picks get injured in this of all seasons!

It's only really that bit that i'm concerned about. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

It's only really that bit that i'm concerned about. 

If only that manager had a track record of success with Hearts at this level to allay your concerns?

Greedy Jambo
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

If only that manager had a track record of success with Hearts at this level to allay your concerns?

All he's got is a track record of winning by out spending everyone else in the league, and he did it with levein holding his hand when he was last with us. 

He's more experienced now, fingers crossed eh. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

All he's got is a track record of winning by out spending everyone else in the league, and he did it with levein holding his hand when he was last with us. 

He's more experienced now, fingers crossed eh. 

We weren't outspending Hibs and Rangers that season. So you're saying Levein was actually the architect of our promotion season and the 1 and a half good Premiership seasons that followed? That won't be a popular view on here! Is that the sound of a plane being warmed up I hear?  😄

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

We weren't outspending Hibs and Rangers that season. So you're saying Levein was actually the architect of our promotion season and the 1 and a half good Premiership seasons that followed? That won't be a popular view on here! Is that the sound of a plane being warmed up I hear?  😄

I'm more impressed with Levein managing to win the league with Dundee United last season whilst still being employed by hearts

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

No, i'm saying Neilson and Levein are both shite, but together, they can both win the championship. 

Guest ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

No, i'm saying Neilson and Levein are both shite, but together, they can both win the championship. 

Ok Biggles.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ok Biggles.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ok Biggles.

It's worth quoting it twice!

I have read a lot of drivel on JKB over the years but that car crash of posts is right up there with them.

14 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

It's worth quoting it twice!

I have read a lot of drivel on JKB over the years but that car crash of posts is right up there with them.

Oh, he does the very same thing on numerous other threads too, Colin.

I think more important than strikers is we need Haring and Halliday fit and ready to play 90 mins. Boyce will score goals and only thing we don't have is maybe a guy up front with a physical presence who can come on and mix it up

kingantti1874
27 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I would say strikers required. 

100% when facing packed defences need some presence.. the contribution Paterson and zeefuik made last time was more than significant.  As was our ability to score from outside the box. Once you get one the game opens up.. but we need to be able to get in front early

44 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

100% when facing packed defences need some presence.. the contribution Paterson and zeefuik made last time was more than significant.  As was our ability to score from outside the box. Once you get one the game opens up.. but we need to be able to get in front early

Bring zeefuik back 

1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

I think more important than strikers is we need Haring and Halliday fit and ready to play 90 mins. Boyce will score goals and only thing we don't have is maybe a guy up front with a physical presence who can come on and mix it up

Pencil it in for November

husref musemic
2 hours ago, iainmac said:

Striker still required.

struggling since Lafferty. I'm baffled why it's not been addressed as it's blindingly obvious.

For two years teams have picked us off as we've no offensive threat. Just needed to bide there time.

Edited by husref musemic

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Surely there must be a half decent striker without a club at the moment? We are absolutely crying out for one. 

There are lots tbh

Leveins Battalion
16 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Would a quality striker make a huge difference considering we create practically **** all anyway? 

Well it worked for Dundee Utd .....

Simple question  - does anyone really think that we will Waltz through this league if that’s the sort of side we put out?  I’m worried that we are only a couple of injuries and suspensions away from watching this. Today was a wake up call if ever their was one.

Where are we getting a quality striker from. As a team we need to improve all over the park and my biggest gripe for years now the engine room needs sorted. This has not been addressed under different managers which is a sad state of affairs considering the money we have had available and basically pissed up a wall

kingantti1874
20 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Would a quality striker make a huge difference considering we create practically **** all anyway? 

again, you can’t expect wingers and midfielders to create chances when there is **** all movement in front of them.. no one dragging centre half out, no clever runs, no one with any physical presence meaning they occupy two players.. a MUST have when playing against packed defences.  Not suggesting we sign zeefuik, but that is the type of player is exactly what we need, the sow / zeefuik combo was perfect for this league..

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Where are we getting a quality striker from. As a team we need to improve all over the park and my biggest gripe for years now the engine room needs sorted. This has not been addressed under different managers which is a sad state of affairs considering the money we have had available and basically pissed up a wall

Tbf with Haring fit and Halliday in there we will be far better.. 

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Lee was absolutely shite today,we have not had a driving force in midfield since Hartley!!!

The last top class centre mid we had was Aguiar.

The strategy of not spending transfer fees but on higher wages for over the hill players has come home to roost.

8 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Lee was absolutely shite today,we have not had a driving force in midfield since Hartley!!!

The last top class centre mid we had was Aguiar.

The strategy of not spending transfer fees but on higher wages for over the hill players has come home to roost.

Hard to argue with bit in bold mate

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, best in the land said:

If we were still in premiership that team/squad would be relegated 

Based on what? 

12 minutes ago, best in the land said:

If we were still in premiership that team/squad would be relegated 

The thing is mate if we were still a premiership team we would/hopefully  have got better players in .

Edited by One five

I think I am more concerned that we need guys that can beat a man! at least that would allow a bit more freedom in box for attacker as his marker would be forced out of position. 

Leveins Battalion
43 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Based on what? 

Probably based on 2 games,one at home where we needed a late penalty and one away against Cowdenbeath where we scrapped a 1-0 win.

Not sure we would be relegated but definitely bottom 6 going by performances so far,saying that I still believe our strongest 11 is the best outside of the Old Firm.

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Probably based on 2 games,one at home where we needed a late penalty and one away against Cowdenbeath where we scrapped a 1-0 win.

Not sure we would be relegated but definitely bottom 6 going by performances so far,saying that I still believe our strongest 11 is the best outside of the Old Firm.

Yeah but, on that logic where would that leave6 Hamilton, utd,  and St Mirren who all couldn't beat lower league teams. 

That logic of we only beat Cowden and ICT 1-0 so we'd get relegated is ridiculous beyond belief.