Striker required

NB GIN

Just now, DS98 said:

Haud the bus. .

So the farce of this semi final from last year’s competition is more important than Hearts getting out the championship?

And

If Hibs win the cup, no matter the circumstances then Robbie (who will have been in charge for about 10 games) will need to leave?

I love JKB 😂

Laugh all you want. You are kidding yourself on if you think the manager that has lost to hibs on the way to their cup success will be given time and cut some slack. You clearly don’t pay attention to how Hearts fans act. Our fans flew a plane over tynie demanding he left whilst we performed the most consistently in recent years. The same fans that hung flags up outside tynie on his return. Like it or no, their is a certain % of our fan base that all ready doesn’t like Robbie. Lose and it’ll rear its head. 

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Greedy Jambo

• busby1985

• jr ewing

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Haud the bus. .

So the farce of this semi final from last year’s competition is more important than Hearts getting out the championship?

And

If Hibs win the cup, no matter the circumstances then Robbie (who will have been in charge for about 10 games) will need to leave?

I love JKB 😂

Tbf, he has a point, fans will want him gone if that plays out. 

Breaking h1b5
On 11/10/2020 at 12:16, bazman said:

You know when you go to a cash line and it says £0.00 balance remaining. That's what Robbie currently sees until we get more people out

So where is all the money?? £10.5m foundation money, £6-9m benefactor, season tickets over 10,000?? If we've no money for a striker this board need a serious vote of no confidence. We seem to be burning our money.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Laugh all you want. You are kidding yourself on if you think the manager that has lost to hibs on the way to their cup success will be given time and cut some slack. You clearly don’t pay attention to how Hearts fans act. Our fans flew a plane over tynie demanding he left whilst we performed the most consistently in recent years. The same fans that hung flags up outside tynie on his return. Like it or no, their is a certain % of our fan base that all ready doesn’t like Robbie. Lose and it’ll rear its head. 

they can go **** themselves.. never hearts fans in a million years.. we are massive underdogs for that game

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

I think it's just going the same way as other social media.  A platform for people to instantly scribble whatever drool they like where the keyboard fingers are 30 minutes in front of the brain.  

Yip,  it's why I quit fb and have no accounts for the others. 

This is also to the benefit of the JKB community as I get more time to post on here. 😁

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Breaking h1b5 said:

So where is all the money?? £10.5m foundation money, £6-9m benefactor, season tickets over 10,000?? If we've no money for a striker this board need a serious vote of no confidence. We seem to be burning our money.

😂

Well no not really we spent it on paying off football debt we had accrued , the stand, the plaza, a new hybrid pitch, fixing the plumbing, refurbishing the other stands, building a TV studio, establishing a restaurant and completely redoing the electrics.. and some paid ann’s original investment back.

Now the money will towards covering huge loses due to covid and relegation.

but your solution is a vote of no confidence in the board who brought in the benefactors 🤷‍♂️

Edited by kingantti1874

Just now, TexasAndy said:

I am beginning to think the semi is a distraction we could do without.  This season is all about getting back to SPL but the fans focus (understandably) is all on Hampden.  

This laughable semi shouldn't even take place. The season was scrapped so it's a piece of nonsense. Celtic will be made sure of winning it no matter who they play in the Final anyway. Refs will be briefed, particularly if it was us that was flooky enough to get through. The fact that it's going ahead is actually more farcical than us being in the Championship in the first place. I suspect Celtic's name is already engraved into the trophy for 2020 and we're just dotting i's and crossing t's.

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

they can go **** themselves.. never hearts fans in a million years.. we are massive underdogs for that game

Yeah it was a horrendously embarrassing thing to do but there are Hearts fans that don’t like a Robbie purely cause he lost to them and what went on to happen. 

6 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I didn't , no one I know did either. It was a few arseholes. And if a few arseholes start the same shit this time around it will be just that : a few arseholes. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Breaking h1b5 said:

That big thing on the side of the pitch cost a few Bob. 

You might have seen it.

Also, there is a pandemic so there is no match day income and after being demoted by a vote we also lost a round of fixtures. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Yeah it was a horrendously embarrassing thing to do but there are Hearts fans that don’t like a Robbie purely cause he lost to them and what went on to happen. 

they aren’t worth bothering about.. just plebs .. sure as **** can’t call themselves “supporters”

Maybe I have worded what I said wrong. Am not saying Robbie will be sacked after the cup final result comes through 😂😂 “sorry Robbie, our you go” when he’s no even playing. My point is that it’ll be toxic for him, no matter what happens from then on in. We’ve had that toxic atmosphere with Levein were regardless of results people wouldn’t get off his back (rightly in the end). That type of atmosphere sucks the life out the place and there’s no point trying to change it as it’ll never shift. That’s more my point. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, busby1985 said:

Maybe I have worded what I said wrong. Am not saying Robbie will be sacked after the cup final result comes through 😂😂 “sorry Robbie, our you go” when he’s no even playing. My point is that it’ll be toxic for him, no matter what happens from then on in. We’ve had that toxic atmosphere with Levein were regardless of results people wouldn’t get off his back (rightly in the end). That type of atmosphere sucks the life out the place and there’s no point trying to change it as it’ll never shift. That’s more my point. 

Yeah, I agree. 

It's not your opinion, but what you think will happen. 

You're 100% correct imo. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah, I agree. 

It's not your opinion, but what you think will happen. 

You're 100% correct imo. 

Yeah. Just made a hibs of wording it 😂😂

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbf, he has a point, fans will want him gone if that plays out. 

Only wee arsehole fans. Lets be honest there’s a decent chance we will lose against Hibs. The odds are so greatly stacked against us. Hope not but just being realistic. If that does happen I’d also like to think they would get scudded in the final by either of the other two. 

However if lightning does strike twice it should be the wee bellends that hire planes getting chased out the club instead of Robbie this time.

7 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

That type of atmosphere sucks the life out the place and there’s no point trying to change it as it’ll never shift. That’s more my point. 

I don't think we'll be having any sort of atmosphere inside the ground this season. 😕 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Only wee arsehole fans. Lets be honest there’s a decent chance we will lose against Hibs. The odds are so greatly stacked against us. Hope not but just being realistic. If that does happen I’d also like to think they would get scudded in the final by either of the other two. 

However if lightning does strike twice it should be the wee bellends that hire planes getting chased out the club instead of Robbie this time.

Yeah, 

Tbh, hopefully that element are that angry they piss off and support rangers. 

Anyway, a striker? 🙄

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah, 

Anyway, a striker? 🙄

Was this thread about strikers? Who the derailed it 👀

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah, 

Anyway, a striker? 🙄

Don’t think we’ll see one until January. Boyce, Naisy, Wighton, Roberts. 

Still think that’ll be like bringing a bazooka to a knife fight in the Championship. Cup games against better teams not so much. 

Been looking at free agent players available on Transfermarkt and it's surprising to see so many well known names that are without a club. Even players like Daniel Sturridge, Danny Welbeck and Jack Wilshere. Way out of our budget of course but an interesting read. Noticed Avdijaj's name as well but that one doesn't surprise me. Quite a few right-backs, defenders, forwards, attacking mids etc. Scary. Surely out of the hundreds out there we can find a striker and defender even from mid to lower end of the lists?

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

The fans absolutely will, head in the sand stuff if you think they won’t. Hibs waiter 104 years to win the Scottish cup. They were 2 down with 45 to play to extend that to 105 years, the rest is history. If they go on to win their 2nd Scottish cup in 4 years, Robbie will never live that down. Not trying to be a wank, just stating the obvious. He has to win the semi to have any chance of silencing the doubters. Regardless of how sensible your thinking is about things changing, us only playing 4 competitive matches before the game, our training being cut short etc etc. It’s all sensible stuff, doesn’t matter tho. 

Sorry disagree.  A lot of fans I spoke to were also going to give this game a miss even if fans had been allowed back.  There's much much more ill feeling towards Scottish football from hearts fans.  A defeat by Hibs in what is a joke of a semi final would be quickly swatted aside.  No comparison with 2016.

Breaking h1b5
57 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

😂

Well no not really we spent it on paying off football debt we had accrued , the stand, the plaza, a new hybrid pitch, fixing the plumbing, refurbishing the other stands, building a TV studio, establishing a restaurant and completely redoing the electrics.. and some paid ann’s original investment back.

Now the money will towards covering huge loses due to covid and relegation.

but your solution is a vote of no confidence in the board who brought in the benefactors 🤷‍♂️

Is this the board that didnt listen to the fans and went £10m over budget for a stand. Aye they're goodl at wasting fans hard earned money. 

Breaking h1b5
59 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That big thing on the side of the pitch cost a few Bob. 

You might have seen it.

Also, there is a pandemic so there is no match day income and after being demoted by a vote we also lost a round of fixtures. 

That big thing that is £10m over budget you mean?? ****ing joke and she is the biggest one. Couldnt run a pish up in a brewery and made a right ***** of us fans ploughing money in. 

10 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Sorry disagree.  A lot of fans I spoke to were also going to give this game a miss even if fans had been allowed back.  There's much much more ill feeling towards Scottish football from hearts fans.  A defeat by Hibs in what is a joke of a semi final would be quickly swatted aside.  No comparison with 2016.

Do you live in Texas bud, genuine question. If Hibs win the cup there is absolutely no chance in hell it’ll be “swatted away”. Sorry mate but that’s miles off it. 

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

I’m not a Neilson fan at all. Mainly though to the  mostly defensive and cautious style  we will be served.

Last time in the championship it was amazing until a home game v Alloa where we changed our shape and style with playing in the Premiership looked a certainty. 

But suffer a bad defeat against them and the banners will be out. No question. 

kingantti1874
45 minutes ago, Breaking h1b5 said:

Is this the board that didnt listen to the fans and went £10m over budget for a stand. Aye they're goodl at wasting fans hard earned money. 

What do you mean “didn’t listen to the fans” ?  

that aside - they didn’t actually go £10m over on the stand - that a good hobo myth which sadly some who claim to be hearts fans have fallen for.. all of the other - necessary work” was included in that price.

if you buy an Audi at 30k, then make the alloys bigger, add comfort and sound and tech packs and a roof rack and metallic paint, and it cost 45k .. you didn’t really go over budget did you! 

anyway - a striker, we defo need one Imo and hopefully we can get one in

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, DS98 said:

I have seen feck all from HIbs to be worried about them. They have a decent chance of loosing to us.

FTH.

2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

My thinking is that the league is utter jobby and even with our second string, we should win it. I know that’s wrong and everything over the past 4 years has shown that we will probably struggle. That being said, the cup is the most important game this season. Lose it and hibs lose the final, Robbie may survive with a strong league campaign and top flight performances. Lose and hibs win the cup, he’ll have to leave almost immediately as he’ll never recover from that. So the semi is more important IMO than the league. 

This wins JKB’s most ridiculous post of the year thus far for me. Not an easy task but you’ve managed it.

If we WON the cup and didn’t get promoted I’d be heartbroken 

11 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

This wins JKB’s most ridiculous post of the year thus far for me. Not an easy task but you’ve managed it.

If we WON the cup and didn’t get promoted I’d be heartbroken 

I’d also be heart broken if we won the cup and failed to go up.

My point is, although badly worded in the quote you’ve quoted me, is that Robbie will be under huge pressure from the fans if he loses that game and Hibs win the cup. We will see planes, banners, terrible social media patter etc etc and the return of that horrendous Phoddle out pish. Am not saying that Ann will sack Robbie as soon as the full time whistle goes, just more the mood around him will be toxic. I didn’t word my point very well first time round. 

2 hours ago, Breaking h1b5 said:

Jobs for the boys club over last few years

Its mind blowing the money wasted under Levein. To be relegated with the money that has come in is simply  unreal. We most definitely need a striker if not 2. 

The SCup semi from last season is just a farce. It carries no weight for me as it’s came from a different season now we have different squads etc etc.

it’s all about the league and most Hearts supporters realise this.  

20 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I’d also be heart broken if we won the cup and failed to go up.

My point is, although badly worded in the quote you’ve quoted me, is that Robbie will be under huge pressure from the fans if he loses that game and Hibs win the cup. We will see planes, banners, terrible social media patter etc etc and the return of that horrendous Phoddle out pish. Am not saying that Ann will sack Robbie as soon as the full time whistle goes, just more the mood around him will be toxic. I didn’t word my point very well first time round. 

To be honest I think, unlike the last time when they beat us in the way to winning it for the first time in 114 years if we were to lose this one a lot of fans would put it down to Hibs being match sharper as they’ve been playing top level football for weeks and have managerial stability/squad knows each other.

There are mitigating factors.

I still think we’ll beat em tho

We’ve been unfairly demoted, not allowed to train when the premiership went back, when we did, we were told to stop training  after two weeks which I’m sure Petrie with his smug face will have had a say in this. We’ve had Shitty preparations in pre season, we’ve still got injuries and haven’t even started our league campaign yet. We’ll have played two league games by the time we play the leith vermin in the farcical cup that should’ve been abolished when the leagues were called up. We still don’t know what our strongest 11 will be yet. Our players won’t be as match fit for the semi and we’ll be big odds to win this.....and despite the outcome, people on here want Robbie gone so we can have our 5th manager in little over 12 months. 😳

Robbie needs time to build a squad, he’s already severely handicapped and has said he needs one in and one out before he can bring in new faces. We will not be up to speed in 3 weeks but I’m sure he’ll have them as prepared as he possibly can. He’ll remember the 2-0 halftime lead we let slip away and the outcome from that campaign. He’s not the type to be spouting his mouth off this time but his focus will have one eye on the 31st and I’m sure he’s being coy about this. I fully expect us to go out and have the players give it their all...and that’s the least I expect. 

Anyone wanting Robbie out if we lose, and there’s every chance we will lose this semi final, just cannot be serious about wanting him out already. 

5 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

We’ve been unfairly demoted, not allowed to train when the premiership went back, when we did, we were told to stop training  after two weeks which I’m sure Petrie with his smug face will have had a say in this. We’ve had Shitty preparations in pre season, we’ve still got injuries and haven’t even started our league campaign yet. We’ll have played two league games by the time we play the leith vermin in the farcical cup that should’ve been abolished when the leagues were called up. We still don’t know what our strongest 11 will be yet. Our players won’t be as match fit for the semi and we’ll be big odds to win this.....and despite the outcome, people on here want Robbie gone so we can have our 5th manager in little over 12 months. 😳

Robbie needs time to build a squad, he’s already severely handicapped and has said he needs one in and one out before he can bring in new faces. We will not be up to speed in 3 weeks but I’m sure he’ll have them as prepared as he possibly can. He’ll remember the 2-0 halftime lead we let slip away and the outcome from that campaign. He’s not the type to be spouting his mouth off this time but his focus will have one eye on the 31st and I’m sure he’s being coy about this. I fully expect us to go out and have the players give it their all...and that’s the least I expect. 

Anyone wanting Robbie out if we lose, and there’s every chance we will lose this semi final, just cannot be serious about wanting him out already. 

I agree 100% Robbie needs time and fortunately he’ll get it regardless of the result against Hibs.

18 hours ago, wavydavy said:

If you can't see it then there is no point in me trying to justify it as it would be a waste of my time.

You haven't tried to justify it, im open to hear the facts you have to present. We offered a contract, he accepted it. Unless you see him train, how can you state that he is a money grabber? Does he sit on the side with a Cuban while everyone does sprints?

I don't know the guy, I've no idea how he trains, yes he hasn't been a great signing but blanket terms like 'money grabber' are just a nonsense. 

Anyway, on topic...yes, we definitely need  striker!!

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, busby1985 said:

The fans absolutely will, head in the sand stuff if you think they won’t. Hibs waiter 104 years to win the Scottish cup. They were 2 down with 45 to play to extend that to 105 years, the rest is history. If they go on to win their 2nd Scottish cup in 4 years, Robbie will never live that down. Not trying to be a wank, just stating the obvious. He has to win the semi to have any chance of silencing the doubters. Regardless of how sensible your thinking is about things changing, us only playing 4 competitive matches before the game, our training being cut short etc etc. It’s all sensible stuff, doesn’t matter tho. 

There are far more sensible people than idiots so it does matter. It doesn't help when people like you act like Neilson won Hibs the cup when I don't remember him heading their winner that day.

We're not getting a striker, we never get a striker. 

Missed out on Shankland, Dykes and that wee prick at Hibs, i don't see it changing. 

We hate strikers and decent midfielders. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, Breaking h1b5 said:

How can any Hearts fan not know this:

FoH money: Stand and buying the club

Benefactor money: Stand and other infrastructure, likely sponsorship-related (relating to Save the Children), and possibly some extra for players at certain times

STs: Where it goes every year, along with match day income, merch, etc - the squad and other operating costs

Edited by ToqueJambo

16 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Missed out on Shankland, Dykes and that wee prick at Hibs, i don't see it changing. 

Whilst I agree that we need cover, we already have an exceptional centre forward in Liam Boyce!!

Happy to throw my hat in the ring. Free agent. Scored under 10 goals last season and am prone to calf and thigh injuries. Am also totally fine with 3 or 4 year contracts.

Howdy Doody Jambo

This is Craig Wighton's, Toto Schillaci moment, he could easily start putting the ball in the net If he can just be confident 

I would just luv it if he could prove all the doubters wrong It's Scottish fitbaw after all, anything can happen and more 

Boycie should be the leagues top scorer with Naismith and Wighton capable of a dozen each and if we are short come January we could strengthen again 

A new team needs games to gell so it's early day's for this squad 

42 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Whilst I agree that we need cover, we already have an exceptional centre forward in Liam Boyce!!

Certainly a decent striker imo. 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I’d say in Haring and Halliday we’ve got 2 of the best midfielders in the country outside of Glasgow. And again I don’t think there is a team in Scotland outside of Glasgow who wouldn’t take Boyce.. 

we need to get them on the pitch and firing

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, DS98 said:

Don’t think we’ll see one until January. Boyce, Naisy, Wighton, Roberts. 

Still think that’ll be like bringing a bazooka to a knife fight in the Championship. Cup games against better teams not so much. 

I agree. 

If anything, imo a ch is needed. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Boyce.... 

Naismith... 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Boyce.... 

Naismith... 

You're the stats man, how many goals have they scored for us?

We're good at signing pensioners. 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

That posts needs bookmarked. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

You're the stats man, how many goals have they scored for us?

We're good at signing pensioners. 

More than Shankland, Dykes and Nisbet  have. 👍

Without checking, gonna say Boyce has more top flight Scottish goals than all combined. 

Could be wrong tho. 

Naismith definitely has. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

More than Shankland, Dykes and Nisbet  have. 👍

Without checking, gonna say Boyce has more top flight Scottish goals than all combined. 

Could be wrong tho. 

Naismith definitely has. 

I think delusional is a good word for you. 

I still have hopes for Boyce, but that's it. 

We are where we are for a reason, none of you mental stats will sort that. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I think delusional is a good word for you. 

I still have hopes for Boyce, but that's it. 

We are where we are for a reason, none of you mental stats will sort that. 

Nah, it's a shit word. 

The reason was a corrupt vote. 

Correct, stats won't sort it out, Boyce and Naismith will along with Robbie and Co. 

Pining for guys like Nisbet, Shankland and qpr strikers certainly won't.