• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

heatonjambo
7 minutes ago, briever said:

EPL - citeh have won 4 of the last 5.  Bit of a farmers league now isn't it?

Yes indeed 

I hate the fact that the spl is dominated by the arse cheeks but the French (psg) German (BM) Spain (RM/Barca) Croatia only 2 teams, Italy only 2 teams , the sooner they all bugger off to their nfl type euro league the better for all of us 

Just now, heatonjambo said:

Yes indeed 

I hate the fact that the spl is dominated by the arse cheeks but the French (psg) German (BM) Spain (RM/Barca) Croatia only 2 teams, Italy only 2 teams , the sooner they all bugger off to their nfl type euro league the better for all of us 

I was talking about that last night after the game - unless they have a Super League 2 then the bigot brothers wont be gone and it would mean feck all difference to Scotland.

How many countries in Europe have really competitive leagues like we used to in the 70/80s?

heatonjambo
11 minutes ago, briever said:

I was talking about that last night after the game - unless they have a Super League 2 then the bigot brothers wont be gone and it would mean feck all difference to Scotland.

How many countries in Europe have really competitive leagues like we used to in the 70/80s?

I don’t think any, anymore.

Sky/epl and the far east betting market has screwed it all.

im not sure of the way to go but we need something to excite the majority of the euro football world.

i live in Newcastle 

our local northern league division  1 team (Heaton stannington) got 2k fans for their last match because it means something.

footvall in Scotland needs a total revamp, dumfirmline don’t get 2k 

Austria: Red Bull Salzberg have won 9-in-a-row

Belgium: Club Brugge have won 5 out of the last 7

Croatia: Dynamo Zagreb have won 16 out of the last 17

Czechia: Slavia Prague and Viktoria Plzen have won 5 of the last 10 each.

Finland: HJK won 10 of the last 13

Greece: Olympiacos have won it every year since 1996 other than 2004, 10, 18 and 19.

Hungary: Feneravcos have won 5 out of the last 7

Lithuania: Zalgiris Vilnius have won 6 of the last 9 and were runners up to Suduva Marjiampole the other 3 years.

Netherlands: Ajax have won 7 of the last 11, PSV 3 and Feyenord 1.

Poland: Legia Warsaw have won 7 out of the last 10

Russia: Zenit St Petersburg have won 4 in-a-row
Serbia: Red Star have won 5-in-a-row and 8 of the last 16. The other 8 were Partizan.

Slovakia: Slovan Bratislava have won 4-in-a-row

Sweden: Malmo have won 6 of the last 9

Switzerland: Basel won 8-in-a-row then Young Boys won 4-in-a-row then Zurich won this year

Ukraine: Since the premier league began in 2008, Shaktar Donetsk have won it 9 times and Dynamo Kiev the other 4 times.

The game's fecked.

Edited by Cade

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Apart from Patrick Vierra?

Yes but he didn't quite dish out the required slap

Bongo 1874
4 hours ago, Tazio said:

Tell us about the great job he did in France. 

Right after you tell me about Robbie's time at Mk dons. 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Right after you tell me about Robbie's time at Mk dons. 

One glitch in his career win percentage wise. Mr Stendel has multiple glitches. 
Robbie at MK Dons 37.9% wins

Stendel at Nancy 0% wins 

0% is pretty astonishing. Though I’m sure you have an excuse ready for such a stunning figure. 

10 hours ago, Cade said:

Greece: Olympiacos have won it every year since 1996 other than 2004, 10, 18 and 19.

Lithuania: Zalgiris Vilnius have won 6 of the last 9 and were runners up to Suduva Marjiampole the other 3 years.

Serbia: Red Star have won 5-in-a-row and 8 of the last 16. The other 8 were Partizan.

Switzerland: Basel won 8-in-a-row then Young Boys won 4-in-a-row then Zurich won this year

Ukraine: Since the premier league began in 2008, Shaktar Donetsk have won it 9 times and Dynamo Kiev the other 4 times.

The game's fecked.

What a depressing list.

10 hours ago, Cade said:

The game's fecked.

These stats just show that there's nothing unique about the Old Firm dominating Scottish Football.   England are the same the big money at City and Chelsea have dominated the titles in last 10 years with Liverpool having to kick above their weight (financially) to keep up with them.  Bayern Munich win the league most seasons in Germany and it's usually Real or Barca in Spain.  

Nookie Bear
57 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

These stats just show that there's nothing unique about the Old Firm dominating Scottish Football.   England are the same the big money at City and Chelsea have dominated the titles in last 10 years with Liverpool having to kick above their weight (financially) to keep up with them.  Bayern Munich win the league most seasons in Germany and it's usually Real or Barca in Spain.  

I think the list shows that, 9 times out of 10, the richest team will win - especially if there is a gulf between the rich and the next level.

Those clubs can withstand managers and players leaving, knowing they will be replaced. Teams like us  can't build momentum when we lose the likes of Souttar without having the means to adequately replace him. (Same even at leicester who had a great team and season but lost Mahrez and are about to have the problem of replacing Vardy and Schmeichel)

I find it depressing that the media seem to love this big club power as long as there is at least two teams battling for the title. How bad would the EPL be if Klopp had not arrived and Man City were winning by 20 points every season?

As bad as that list I posted is, I must also point out that there are a similar number of nations in Europe that were not on the list, as their leagues are far more competitive.

Wage caps are one way to prevent the run-away teams in the original list from staying totally dominant.

But having said THAT, the entire NFL is built upon wage caps and the draft where the pishest teams from the previous year get first pick of signings and a few teams still manage to dominate.....

Seaside Dave
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Cruel

Very much enjoyed this so much 😂😂

The Treasurer
5 hours ago, Cade said:

As bad as that list I posted is, I must also point out that there are a similar number of nations in Europe that were not on the list, as their leagues are far more competitive.

Wage caps are one way to prevent the run-away teams in the original list from staying totally dominant.

But having said THAT, the entire NFL is built upon wage caps and the draft where the pishest teams from the previous year get first pick of signings and a few teams still manage to dominate.....

I think you'll find most, if not all, countries that have a truly competitive league don't have teams that regularly qualify for the CL 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Cruel

Seemingly Wolves fans held the 3/3 sign with their fingers.

The rest is an amazing scene after.😂😂

Unknown user
On 22/05/2022 at 21:44, Cade said:

The game's fecked.

Good post, but I couldn't help laughing at Feneravcos!

Bazzas right boot
On 22/05/2022 at 18:39, Bongo 1874 said:

How did They stay up 🙄🤔  by playing attacking football. 

They got key player's back like Cooper and Phillip's 👍

Marcelo got them to the Premier league, something they couldn't do for 16 years 👍that's why he is a god. 

Stendel if backed would of done the same, if not better than Robbie this year. 

It's amazing what a pre season can do and having savages recruitmet team 👍

"Stendel if backed would of done the same, if not better than Robbie this year" 

You're some lad. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Watt-Zeefuik
32 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

"Stendel if backed would of done the same, if not better than Robbie this year" 

You're some lad. 

Put him on ignore. The whiff of desperation and wishful thinking is overpowering.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Put him on ignore. The whiff of desperation and wishful thinking is overpowering.

I fear for him. 

Bongo 1874
3 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Because i think differently about football really 😂.

Stendel’s gameplan i understand, funny Celtic and Rangers play the same way. 

Maybe give the guy time to get his player's? 

Robbie i don't know what his gameplan is can you tell me? 

Amazing to think that some forgive Robbie after Hibs? Alloa, Brora? 

I mean look at the comparison left with Leveins shite, working on a 1 in 1 out basis. 

Compared to clean slate and backed by Board and Savage. 

Sorry if it don't suit you're agenda 👍

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You haven't demonstrated an original thought in months. It's the same shite over and over.

Celtic and Rangers play the same way, eh? Funny, they have markedly different styles, and GVB has implemented a substantive style change since he took over from Gerard.

Neither one implements a gegenpress, BTW.

You inherit a club at the bottom of the table, job #1 is survival. You inherit a big club that's down a level, job #1 is promotion. Stendel failed.

We've discussed this to death on other threads, yes. If you'd actually read and think about football instead of jocksniffing your man crushes, we could talk about it.

Are you 12?

I mean look at the comparison left with Leveins shite, working on a 1 in 1 out basis. 

As much of a mess as that side was, it was plenty good enough to manage 10th in a pretty mediocre year in the SPFL.

A clean slate? Between the match squad for that awful final match against St. Mirren and the 3-3 cup final against Celtic, there were 9 players in common. On top of that, Stendel had a player that is about to be sold to Arsenal for £20m, as well as his hand-picked January window signing for implementing his own style and a player who's leading tier 3 in goals while on loan.

Sorry if it don't suit you're agenda 👍.

It doesn't suit empirical reality, you blinkered, drooling simpleton.

Edited by Led Tasso

Nookie Bear
7 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Robbie’s game plan is pretty clear, is it not?

Solid midfield, possession based, wing backs pushing up and a reliance on the front 3 to create. 

Not always pretty but it’s been effective this season, no? Needs some work in the midfield area for me with a more dynamic #8 style of player. 

I do think you need to let Daniel go, however. 

Bazzas right boot
On 22/05/2022 at 20:55, briever said:

I was thinking about that. 

Scotland used to be the exception in being dominated so much, now it's the norm. 

Every league is ****ed. 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

"thinking" isn't repeating the same shite and ignoring all reality while holding a personal grudge against the current Hearts manager. 

Our game plan is obvious, if you can't see that then again I refer to you "thinking", it's clearly not a strong point. 

Stendel brought in players and had guys like Boyce while injured players also came back. 

The net result was we dropped to bottom and 4 points behind Hamilton. 

This was  bettered by his start in Nice. 

Brora, CL? 

You need to move on. 

Hibs... 6 years ago? 

Do you have a ST?

Bazzas right boot
On 22/05/2022 at 21:44, Cade said:

The game's fecked.

A bigger league, but Bayern are 10iar. 

Utterly ****ed. 

On 22/05/2022 at 18:12, Mikey1874 said:

Salah and Son share Golden Boot. 

On 22/05/2022 at 18:14, Tazio said:

And not a single penalty in Son’s total. 

Proof 

Bongo 1874
20 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

You haven't demonstrated an original thought in months. It's the same shite over and over.

Celtic and Rangers play the same way, eh? Funny, they have markedly different styles, and GVB has implemented a substantive style change since he took over from Gerard.

Neither one implements a gegenpress, BTW.

You inherit a club at the bottom of the table, job #1 is survival. You inherit a big club that's down a level, job #1 is promotion. Stendel failed.

We've discussed this to death on other threads, yes. If you'd actually read and think about football instead of jocksniffing your man crushes, we could talk about it.

Are you 12?

As much of a mess as that side was, it was plenty good enough to manage 10th in a pretty mediocre year in the SPFL.

If the case how did levein not do that? 

A clean slate? Between the match squad for that awful final match against St. Mirren and the 3-3 cup final against Celtic, there were 9 players in common. On top of that, Stendel had a player that is about to be sold to Arsenal for £20m, as well as his hand-picked January window signing for implementing his own style and a player who's leading tier 3 in goals while on loan.

Yes clean slate with Craig Gordon in goal for the championship. 

It doesn't suit empirical reality, you blinkered, drooling simpleton.

Celtic and Rangers don't use a counter press when they lose the ball? 😂😂

Gerrard *

gio plays the exact same 433 or 4231, has changed to a back three in Europe 👍

Turns blind to the fact Robbie got sacked at Mk dons, then they were relegated 🤔🙄

But Robbie is allowed to fail and nothing is said takes two attempts to get Dundee Utd promoted, despite having by far the biggest budget in the league. 

Celebrates getting to pens, fist pumping with St mirren down to 10 men, then loses the shoot-out. 

On 23/05/2022 at 01:06, Tazio said:

One glitch in his career win percentage wise. Mr Stendel has multiple glitches. 
Robbie at MK Dons 37.9% wins

Stendel at Nancy 0% wins 

0% is pretty astonishing. Though I’m sure you have an excuse ready for such a stunning figure. 

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Gerrard *

Turns blind to the fact Robbie got sacked at Mk dons, then they were relegated 🤔🙄

But Robbie is allowed to fail and nothing is said takes two attempts to get Dundee Utd promoted, despite having by far the biggest budget in the league. 

Celebrates getting to pens, fist pumping with St mirren down to 10 men, then loses the shoot-out. 

You seem to have forgotten to reply to my post above. 

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

You seem to have forgotten to reply to my post above. 

His record at Nancy was bad, I don't dispute that what i would argue is he lost his 3 best player's when he joined As Nancy. 

It was similar to his situation at Barnsley. 

He should of done better 👍

As Nancy and Barnsley are run by the same people, and act as a feeder club. 

For loan player's.

Moneyball etc. 

31 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

His record at Nancy was bad, I don't dispute that what i would argue is he lost his 3 best player's when he joined As Nancy. 

It was similar to his situation at Barnsley. 

He should of done better 👍

As Nancy and Barnsley are run by the same people, and act as a feeder club. 

For loan player's.

Moneyball etc. 

He should have done better at Hearts is all that concerns most Hearts supporters.

54 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

It is bonkers twisting Utd taking two attempts to get out of the Championship as equating to Robbie failing whilst praising your hero Stendel who failed Hearts. As for highlighting Utd as having had the biggest budget, you might wish to consider the fact that it took The Rangers two seasons to get out. Yes ... the club with by far and away the biggest budget.

Oh, and don't forget. It was Robbie who was at the helm when Hearts topped the Championship with a record points haul whilst leaving The Rangers trailing in 3rd.

You really are like a stuck record with your bizarre Stendel obsession.

Watt-Zeefuik

Because Levein never updated his tactics over 15 years and has become a dinosaur, I thought this was commonly agreed upon.

Dear that's not what "clean slate" means. Also, nobody forced Stendel to play Periera over Zlamal in goals.

There are dozens of ways to counter press, kid, and Ange, GVB, and Stendel all favor different ones. You can tell if you watch the games a bit, give it a shot.

Gerrard *

This is a thing you'll learn as you start to watch a bit more football, but there's more to tactics than shape. A 4-3-3 can be an extremely conservative shape or an extremely attacking one. See, it depends on the players and their responsibilities under the system. Again, it seems you're new to football, but this will come with time.

I repeat, are you 12? Do you not understand that good managers improve themselves over time? Oh, sorry, I'm now realizing you probably are 12. Do your parents know your arguing with the grown-ups?

Bongo 1874
16 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

He should have done better at Hearts is all that concerns most Hearts supporters.

It is bonkers twisting Utd taking two attempts to get out of the Championship as equating to Robbie failing whilst praising your hero Stendel who failed Hearts. As for highlighting Utd as having had the biggest budget, you might wish to consider the fact that it took The Rangers two seasons to get out. Yes ... the club with by far and away the biggest budget.

Oh, and don't forget. It was Robbie who was at the helm when Hearts topped the Championship with a record points haul whilst leaving The Rangers trailing in 3rd.

You really are like a stuck record with your bizarre Stendel obsession.

Stendel plays a style i understand and can get behind, Robbie has bottled it in mutilple big matches 👍

Those are facts. 

Bongo 1874
14 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Because Levein never updated his tactics over 15 years and has become a dinosaur, I thought this was commonly agreed upon.

Yet he done as good as Robbie with a 3rd place finish 😂😂

Dear that's not what "clean slate" means. Also, nobody forced Stendel to play Periera over Zlamal in goals.

Aye he had plenty options right enough 😂😂

There are dozens of ways to counter press, kid, and Ange, GVB, and Stendel all favor different ones. You can tell if you watch the games a bit, give it a shot.

That's right but all play with a counter press 😉👍

This is a thing you'll learn as you start to watch a bit more football, but there's more to tactics than shape. A 4-3-3 can be an extremely conservative shape or an extremely attacking one. See, it depends on the players and their responsibilities under the system. Again, it seems you're new to football, but this will come with time.

Rangers and Celtic play attacking football, there goal difference on us and the gap in points, proves this 👍

I repeat, are you 12? Do you not understand that good managers improve themselves over time? Oh, sorry, I'm now realizing you probably are 12. Do your parents know your arguing with the grown-ups

Has Robbie improved on his cup finals nope, does he continue to shat it in big matches yes 👍

Will he get papped out of Europe into the conference league, because his style of play is pish, and he will play a defensive style yes. 

Can Hearts get better than Robbie? Yes. 

Malinga the Swinga
9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Stendel plays a style i understand and can get behind, Robbie has bottled it in mutilple big matches 👍

Those are facts. 

No, they are opinions.

Fact is Robbie has led us to 3rd place this season.

Fact is Robbie got us out championship twice, at first go.

Fact is Stendel was in charge when we were expelled from premier League, as he had us in bottom place when league stopped. 

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

No, they are opinions.

Fact is Robbie has led us to 3rd place this season.

Fact is Robbie got us out championship twice, at first go.

Fact is Stendel was in charge when we were expelled from premier League, as he had us in bottom place when league stopped. 

2 attempts to win the Scottish Cup as manager game was there? And he failed to take advantage. 

frankblack
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

2 attempts to win the Scottish Cup as manager game was there? And he failed to take advantage. 

Still coming out with your pish about Stendel? :facepalm:

2 atttempts to with the cup as manager against teams with 10 times his budget and you think he was anything less than a long shot in either? :jj_facepalm:

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Still coming out with your pish about Stendel? :facepalm:

2 atttempts to with the cup as manager against teams with 10 times his budget and you think he was anything less than a long shot in either? :jj_facepalm:

Play off final with Dundee United against St mirren lost on pens. 

Celtic lost on pens. 

Rangers lost 2-0. 

What's he learned and improved on? 

Malinga the Swinga
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Play off final with Dundee United against St mirren lost on pens. 

Celtic lost on pens. 

Rangers lost 2-0. 

What's he learned and improved on? 

I could offer my opinion, but as you like dealing in facts, I have no idea.

You would need to ask Robbie.

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I could offer my opinion, but as you like dealing in facts, I have no idea.

You would need to ask Robbie.

Do you think Robbie can take us forward? 

Watt-Zeefuik
29 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Do you think Robbie can take us forward? 

Robbie can take us forward. He has taken us forward immense steps in two short years. Most everyone around here thinks this except you, who continues to slaver on about the pettiest shite possible.

We're going to European group stages for the first time in decades. STFU about "taking us forward" you absolute simpleton.

frankblack
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Do you not?

Perhaps we should just bring back Dan and go back into freefall towards the Championship again?