Jump to content

English Premier League.


maroonlegions
 Share

Recommended Posts

merrymac
6 minutes ago, benny said:

Looked okay at the game and var agreed.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • neilnunb

    359

  • Tazio

    455

  • Mikey1874

    811

  • Maroon Sailor

    528

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

merrymac
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

One factor that limits the ability to judge decisions is camera quality. From 2 or 3 a camera angles Ederson got the ball first. But he clearly caught the foot.

 

But Odegaard creates the contact by an unnatural movement of his leg away from the ball. So he cheated. 

 

And of course crucially for VAR it wasn't a clear and obvious error. 

Is that not a bit contradictory?

You admit he clearly caught the foot

Then you say it wasn't a clear and obvious error.

I think your wording proves the point.

This clear and obvious is bollocks its either a pen or not.

The refs in Scotland will have great fun with this.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mikey1874
4 minutes ago, merrymac said:

 

 

Clearly shows Odegaard move foot away from ball towards Ederson's foot.

 

Why would you do that? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mikey1874
1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Is that not a bit contradictory?

You admit he clearly caught the foot

Then you say it wasn't a clear and obvious error.

I think your wording proves the point.

This clear and obvious is bollocks its either a pen or not.

The refs in Scotland will have great fun with this.

 

 

VAR process in England is not to judge the incident in itself as happened. 

 

Lots of penalties that were fairly clear penalties not given this reason. 

 

But while its maybe 50:50 that's not a penalty for me as Odegaard creates the contact. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

merrymac
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

 

Clearly shows Odegaard move foot away from ball towards Ederson's foot.

 

Why would you do that? 

I would suggest to protect the ball from the incoming tackle.

Why would the Man City player go down so easily as described by @jonnothejamboin an earlier post.

Surely he cheated as well, was not a natural fall threw himself down

Link to comment
Share on other sites

merrymac
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

 

VAR process in England is not to judge the incident in itself as happened. 

 

Lots of penalties that were fairly clear penalties not given this reason. 

 

But while its maybe 50:50 that's not a penalty for me as Odegaard creates the contact. 

A bit like eduard against us - what was the result of that again?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

merrymac
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

VAR process in England is not to judge the incident in itself as happened. 

 

Lots of penalties that were fairly clear penalties not given this reason. 

 

But while its maybe 50:50 that's not a penalty for me as Odegaard creates the contact. 

He has every right to put his foot there beside the ball, the goalkeeper makes contact with his foot, clearly as you say so must be a penalty.So every time a player puts his foot to protect the ball its not a foul, goodness a lot of free kicks given for that very situation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You cannot get a penalty for that.

if anything Ederson was fouled first.

No clear and obvious error.Corner to Arsenal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

merrymac
1 minute ago, benny said:

You cannot get a penalty for that.

if anything Ederson was fouled first.

No clear and obvious error.Corner to Arsenal.

How can it be a corner😂

Ederson makes no contact with the ball.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fxxx the SPFL

West Ham humping Palace 3-0 away Lanzini goal was a belter 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, merrymac said:

How can it be a corner😂

Ederson makes no contact with the ball.

 

Corner was the original decision.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

merrymac
27 minutes ago, benny said:

Corner was the original decision.

Take it you were there supporting Citeh.

Which would account for your views

Quote from the match commentator

It was incredibly close, but it looks pretty conclusive from that footage that Ederson did not make any contact with the ball and instead fouled Odegaard.

Why Attwell wasn't sent over to the monitor like he was for Xhaka's tackle on Silva is anyone's guess.

The incidents at the Emirates on Saturday have once again called into question the implementation of VAR in the Premier League.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Unusual for West Ham to hold on to a 3-0 lead. 

You were saying? 3-2 now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the general
28 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Good 3 points for West Ham.

 

Title could be over tomorrow if Chelsea win.

 

A wee draw would be good just before players go to the African Cup and the league Cup semis

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, merrymac said:

Take it you were there supporting Citeh.

Which would account for your views

Quote from the match commentator

It was incredibly close, but it looks pretty conclusive from that footage that Ederson did not make any contact with the ball and instead fouled Odegaard.

Why Attwell wasn't sent over to the monitor like he was for Xhaka's tackle on Silva is anyone's guess.

The incidents at the Emirates on Saturday have once again called into question the implementation of VAR in the Premier League.

Probably because var thought no clear or obvious error was made.

 

Edited by benny
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watford v Spurs was one of the worst games of football I've ever seen in terms of quality. Horrific. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Armageddon

Aubameyang to Newcastle on loan with an option to buy for £20M at the end.  Rumours this is the reason behind his recent disciplinary action and captaincy stripping. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ri Alban
2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Aubameyang to Newcastle on loan with an option to buy for £20M at the end.  Rumours this is the reason behind his recent disciplinary action and captaincy stripping. 

Trippier going too?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1971fozzy

I thought the decisions in the Arsenal game were all spot on apart from the 2nd yellow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1971fozzy
4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Watford v Spurs was one of the worst games of football I've ever seen in terms of quality. Horrific. 


absolutely awful stuff. Spurs are fast becoming unwatchable due to their playing style and discipline. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

milky_26
1 hour ago, benny said:

MOTD Summed it up perfectly.Ian Wright fair play to him.

they missed any analysis of what looked like a penalty for watford that was not given

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:


absolutely awful stuff. Spurs are fast becoming unwatchable due to their playing style and discipline. 

Getting results though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Clearly shows Odegaard move foot away from ball towards Ederson's foot.

 

Why would you do that? 

 

I'd argue so what?

The only question to ask is did that guy foul the other one? And absolutely yes IMO - if you go in feet first, don't win the ball and make contact then it's a foul, and in the box that's a penalty.

 

This is why football's good though, the talking points. If these things still exist with VAR then what's the point in the expense?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nookie Bear
7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I thought the decisions in the Arsenal game were all spot on apart from the 2nd yellow


Not sure. I reckon we would be going bonkers if Boyle did what Silva did to get that penalty. 
 

Slight touch and then lose the ability to run? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:


Not sure. I reckon we would be going bonkers if Boyle did what Silva did to get that penalty. 
 

Slight touch and then lose the ability to run? 

Same with the Arsenal decision of the non penalty.If that was given against us we would be going mental.

Add on a swan dive worse than Silva's at the end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, benny said:

Same with the Arsenal decision of the non penalty.If that was given against us we would be going mental.

Add on a swan dive worse than Silva's at the end.

There was no dive worse than Silva's. Pep has fantastic players throwing themselves around, squealing for decisions, and the City fans lap it up. It's embarrassing.

City, like their big brothers Utd, are given benefit of decisions by officials who are frightened of their reputations.

Trying to drag Hearts into justification for City players cheating is pointless, and quite annoying. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

There was no dive worse than Silva's. Pep has fantastic players throwing themselves around, squealing for decisions, and the City fans lap it up. It's embarrassing.

City, like their big brothers Utd, are given benefit of decisions by officials who are frightened of their reputations.

Trying to drag Hearts into justification for City players cheating is pointless, and quite annoying. 


Thing is almost any contact results in a penalty now. VAR has made it worse in that respect. Players know if they feel contact and go down the very least they’ll get is a VAR review and it can go in their favour, if not the game just plays on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:


Thing is almost any contact results in a penalty now. VAR has made it worse in that respect. Players know if they feel contact and go down the very least they’ll get is a VAR review and it can go in their favour, if not the game just plays on.

That's what happened yesterday.

Makes sense to go down as you get a review at least.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nookie Bear

I would add that the second yellow was soft. Usually the refs let that go but make it clear it’s their final warning - I sense the red was still annoyed at being called out over the penalty two minutes earlier. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

wallace_mercer

The pen was a pen because he tugged his shirt.

 

silva’s dive was beyond embarrassing but the foul happened before that.

 

arsenal look like a decent team these days and will feel a bit robbed 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

milky_26

lukaku apparently dropped from chelsea squad for todays game v liverpool. potentially due to the interview he gave to sky italy about not being happy earlier in the season and wanting to return to inter sooner rather than later

Link to comment
Share on other sites

John Findlay
20 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

The pen was a pen because he tugged his shirt.

 

silva’s dive was beyond embarrassing but the foul happened before that.

 

arsenal look like a decent team these days and will feel a bit robbed 

The penalty wasn't given for the shirt tug. It was given for contact of Xahka's left foot with the city player's right foot/leg.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

McGinn captain today for Villa Mings suspended.   He's probably going to score today as well.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maroon Sailor

Everton's woes continue

 

0-2 down to Brighton after 21 minutes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Linesman in  the villa game  failed to flag an offside, almost a penalty decision.    Was an easy call.   Against villa. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

milky_26
4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Everton's woes continue

 

0-2 down to Brighton after 21 minutes

now calvert-lewin misses a penalty still 2-0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maroon Sailor
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Watford, Burnley and Norwich in serious trouble. 

 

The Toffees going through a sticky patch

Link to comment
Share on other sites

King prawn
3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

 

The Toffees going through a sticky patch

1 win in their last 12 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

 

The Toffees going through a sticky patch

Other teams are chewing them up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

milky_26
17 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

 

The Toffees going through a sticky patch

they are lucky that there are at least three other sides poorer than them just now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mikey1874
7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Mane lucky there imo.

 

Twice.

 

Certainly a talking point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

 

Twice.

 

Certainly a talking point. 

 

I've come to expect it when Liverpool are involved to be fair. Always get the rub of the green.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...