• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have absolutely no love for Chelsea, but they really need to go and get a proper manager this summer.....when plenty are available 

Mikey1874

I don't really think Chelsea wanted to play in next season's Conference League anyway. Liverpool won't have to. 

Ibrahim Tall

Chelsea were awful in extra time, didn’t even try to get anything other than penalties from kick off. Bizarre.

Samuel Camazzola

The gushing praise at the end of the game was way OTT. 

It was a crap game with little quality on show (but settled by a good header). 

The insistence of teams to repeatedly play out from the back is very dull to watch. 

John Findlay
19 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

That's a shocking decision to overturn the goal. Endo is allowed to stand still where he was.  He didn't move to block the defender. It's surely up to the defender to run around him.

Not According to former referee Dermot Gallagher. He says it was the correct decision and a very good spot by those in charge of the VAR.

Pasquale for King
18 hours ago, VALDOS' said:

I have absolutely no love for Chelsea, but they really need to go and get a proper manager this summer.....when plenty are available 

Absolutely. Pocchetino has won 3 trophies, at PSG with Messi/Mbappe/Neymar. A total myth that hes a top class manager. 

RustyRightPeg
10 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Not According to former referee Dermot Gallagher. He says it was the correct decision and a very good spot by those in charge of the VAR.

Nobody even appealed for it from Chelsea's side of things though. Colwill was getting nowhere near it. Even if Endo isn't in the way VVD still bullies him, as shown with the eventual goal. 

That is a prime example of VAR doing wrong and re-refereeing the game. If there was no VAR, it would be a case of 'he wasn't involved'. Blocks happen at every single set piece now, it's like Basketball. It should be legalized so long as the 'pick' or 'blocker' isn't moving their feet at the time of contact - like the rule is in basketball

Neville is spot on, Chelsea are a bunch of overpaid, comfortable bottle jobs. Ben Chilwell wouldn't get a game in the Church league up here, and it was such a breath of fresh air watching Liverpool's kids playing with absolutely no fear and reveling in the occasion. 

Congratulations to Klopp & Co.

Footballfirst

Everton's 10 point penalty has been reduced to 6 on appeal.  Should make a huge difference to their relegation prospects, at least until the next sanction is applied for their latest indiscretions.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3912574

An independent Appeal Board has concluded that the sanction for Everton FC’s breach of the Premier League’s Profitability and Sustainability Rules (PSRs), for the period ending Season 2021/22, will be an immediate six-point deduction.

This follows the club’s appeal of an independent Commission’s decision in November 2023 to impose a 10-point deduction for the club’s breach of the PSRs.

The appeal was heard over three days earlier this month, by an Appeal Board comprising Sir Gary Hickinbottom (Chair), Daniel Alexander KC and Katherine Apps KC.

Everton FC appealed the sanction imposed against it on nine grounds, each of which related to the sanction rather than the fact of the breach, which the club admitted.

Two of those nine grounds were upheld by the Appeal Board, which has substituted the original points deduction of 10 for six.

This revised sanction has immediate effect and the Premier League table will be updated today to reflect this.

Click here to read the independent Appeal Board’s full written reasons, which includes a two-page summary of its decision.

Appeal Boards are independent of the Premier League and member clubs. The members of the Appeal Board were appointed by the independent Chair of the Premier League Judicial Panel.

The Premier League Board is satisfied with today’s decision and that the independent disciplinary process, clearly set out in its Rules and agreed by all clubs, has been followed throughout.

Edited by Footballfirst

Mikey1874

Still waiting for the appeal to apply Everton's points deduction to last season.

They are moaning they are being punished for the same thing in the second hearing now due but its the rolling 3 year calculation so 1 year overspending is new. 

Percival King
8 minutes ago, The new West End said:

News that Evertons points deduction is changed to 6 on appeal

What a surprise that isn't.

Mikey1874
13 minutes ago, The new West End said:

News that Evertons points deduction is changed to 6 on appeal

20240226_133749.jpg

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, Percival King said:

What a surprise that isn't.

I think that the initial 10 point sanction was excessive, given that it was deemed worse than an insolvency (9 points), when multiple creditors of a club end up going unpaid. 

Mikey1874
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

I think that the initial 10 point sanction was excessive, given that it was deemed worse than an insolvency (9 points), when multiple creditors of a club end up going unpaid. 

Baseline for the new points deductions helpfully.

People saying Forest will get one and I think Everton will get another as their 3 year accounts are basically the same. 

Don't tell me they are going to wriggle out of this :yadayada: :thumbs_down:

Although on a shite run so always hope...

Jambo-Fox

Crime pays???

Odds they will get a 4 point deduction for their latest charge for 3 years overspend to June 2023??
Although as it’s a second offence surely the punishment should be more severe than the first offence …… it will be interesting …

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Crime pays???

Odds they will get a 4 point deduction for their latest charge for 3 years overspend to June 2023??
Although as it’s a second offence surely the punishment should be more severe than the first offence …… it will be interesting …

A more appropriate sanction would be a transfer embargo and/or a ban on competing in UEFA or other cup competitions, until their losses return to within allowable limits. That would force constraint without the need for a sledgehammer approach of a points deduction.

Edited by Footballfirst

Mikey1874
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

A more appropriate sanction would be a transfer embargo and/or a ban on competing in UEFA or other cup competitions, until their losses return to within allowable limits. That would force constraint without the need for a sledgehammer approach of a points deduction.

Yeah 

But overspending is the foundation of winning more points than your opponents. The difference between avoiding relegation by a few points. 

So points deductions are absolutely the right sanction to even up the sporting outcomes. Just in this case Burnley, Leicester who suffered don't benefit. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Percival King
8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I've not studied the case in any depth (I think today's decision is covered in 61 pages) but so often these days a sporting or governing body seem to hand down a punishment, the transgressor appeals, the punishment is reduced but not removed and everyone feels they've had some form of victory......unless you're Wallace Mercer. Predicted as much when the original punishment was announced. 

Footballfirst
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah 

But overspending is the foundation of winning more points than your opponents. The difference between avoiding relegation by a few points. 

So points deductions are absolutely the right sanction to even up the sporting outcomes.

I get that, but unless points deductions are on a sliding scale dependent on the extent of the breach it can still be unfair, e.g. a £5m breach being sanctioned to the same extent as a £50m breach. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Don't tell me they are going to wriggle out of this :yadayada: :thumbs_down:

Although on a shite run so always hope...

Let's hope they get another deduction on April that will put them back where they and their deluded fantasy belong, the championship.

jambo_tar
6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Let's hope they get another deduction on April that will put them back where they and their deluded fantasy belong, the championship.

Madness that a decision like that could be made so close to the end of the season. Very unfair on all of the teams involved in the relegation battle, not just Everton. 

Pasquale for King

They made a good point on SSN about  £105m loss figure not being increased for ten years, with the pandemic and Inflation that seems a bit harsh. 

Des Lynam
40 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Everton? 

I'll not hold my breath on Man City's 115 charges being converted into punishment.

Edited by Cade

Footballfirst

A couple of early goals from Ellis Simms for Coventry v Maidstone in the FA Cup.

Edited by Footballfirst

Fxxx the SPFL

Not premier league but Simms has scored two inside 14 minutes for Coventry against Maidstone in FACup

Good start from West Ham

Even better now.

2-0

Edited by neilnunb

IronJambo
4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

For a team with such a defensive manager West Ham aren’t very good at defending are they? 

Terrible recently. I feel like the defence isn't that bad but is put under loads of pressure with the tactics and has just buckled recently.

Mikey1874

Brentford boss Thomas Frank says he doesn't understand why West Ham counterpart David Moyes is under pressure.

"I don't really get it," the Dane said.

"I think under Moyes they have been finishing fifth and sixth, or sixth and seventh, unbelievable.

"They won a European trophy last year. Every team has a spell throughout the season when they're not perfect, maybe they're going through their spell now."

The new West End
5 hours ago, Cade said:

I'll not hold my breath on Man City's 115 charges being converted into punishment.

:)

Mikey1874
14 minutes ago, Cade said:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mhad Mhoyes oot

Just lucky. They always win on a Monday apparently.

IronJambo
34 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just lucky. They always win on a Monday apparently.

Aye, he can stay because we won tonight. 

Jambo-Fox

Premier League Bournemouth lost in the FA Cup to little Leicester City … in the rain …

Skivingatwork

Watched the Manchester derby this afternoon and seeing Casemeiro trying to keep up with Foden reminded me of Keane trying to keep up with Hartley at Tynecastle. Both failed dismally.

Scott980612

Sheffield Utd in for another scudding tonight. 

They are so bad 

As explosive as Arsenal are, you have to wonder what Sheffield United are actually trying to do.

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, Scott980612 said:

Sheffield Utd in for another scudding tonight. 

They are so bad 

Surely not, there’s no easy games in the best league in the world?!