Scotland v Czech Republic off then On. ( updated )

tartofmidlothian

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Riddley Walker

• Hearts007

• Tazio

• Rick Sanchez

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Mctominay and Robertson. Never ever rated these two. Would be great for an English Championship side or the Scottish top flight but not the EPL. They have never performed at international level. Compare them to players of old and its an embarrassment how far we've declined.

I'm delighted to see Jack dropped. He's as good as a third best team in Scotland type player - if that!

Liam cooper is garbage too!

That's such a slaver carpet bombing I'm concerned that you may have drowned. 

I just don't rate the majority of the Scotland players.

Dykes yet again our best player. Christie has the potential to play in the EPL.

2 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Christie has the potential for the EPL but Robertson who is a first pick for the EPL champions is only good enough for the Championship? 
right you are then. 

2 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Robertson and McTominay are Championship material but Christie is EPL worthy.

Stop trolling or go lie down :lol:

18 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Mctominay and Robertson. Never ever rated these two. Would be great for an English Championship side or the Scottish top flight but not the EPL. They have never performed at international level. Compare them to players of old and its an embarrassment how far we've declined.

I'm delighted to see Jack dropped. He's as good as a third best team in Scotland type player - if that!

Liam cooper is garbage too!

Liam Palmer has been, in my humble opinion, Scotland's best player so far. He's getting plenty of space on the right and another good cross comes in, but nobody in a Scotland shirt can get on the end of it.

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Christie has the potential for the EPL but Robertson who is a first pick for the EPL champions is only good enough for the Championship? 
right you are then. 

I honestly don't think he's good enough for Liverpool. He's their weakest player. IMO.

1 minute ago, Gorillajam said:

I honestly don't think he's good enough for Liverpool. He's their weakest player. IMO.

Jurgen Klopp is clueless isn't he?

1 minute ago, Gorillajam said:

Liam Palmer has been, in my humble opinion, Scotland's best player so far. He's getting plenty of space on the right and another good cross comes in, but nobody in a Scotland shirt can get on the end of it.

Yup, we're just so slow in the build up,  it's like watching Hearts last season. Palmer getting loads of space but we don't get the ball to him often enough.

No aggression no attitude says Tom English, spot on.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Costanza said:

Jurgen Klopp is clueless isn't he?

He’s been excellent for Liverpool but the fact is, he’s a mediocre defender. He gets away with the flaws in his game because Liverpool are so strong.

4 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Are you drinking heroin?

Edited by Lovecraft

Guest ToqueJambo

Robertson is not only Liverpool's best LB he's one of their two best wingers.

Riddley Walker

He's widely regarded as one of the best left backs in the world and has been one of their best players for 3 or 4 years.

I think Clarke is another Levein type manager. 

We've got a chance of qualifying for something but this idiot is blowing it with his insistence on an utterly wank formation. 433 or 4231 a formation every player is familiar with, instead he's chucking it. 

This is a makeshift czech 3rd choice team. We should have been looking at an easy 6 points. Instead we'll be lucky to have 2....

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He’s been excellent for Liverpool but the fact is, he’s a mediocre defender. He gets away with the flaws in his game because Liverpool are so strong.

His defending isn’t the best that seems to be how it is for full backs now, you’re either on of the ones who’s a great defender or the type that gets 32 assists in a league campaign like Robertson did. 

Riddley Walker
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Total myth that he's a weak defender. Hasn't been true for about 5 years.

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I don't agree with that and think he's underrated as a defender.

In almost all occasions I've seen him up against say Sterling,  he's marked him out the game.

Undoubtedly going forward he is very strong but he can do the defending when required.

chester copperpot

I know this won't be popular. But, with the Czechs seemingly crowding out Robertson  its an absolute tailor made game for Forrest to come on. He might be injured or not but there's tons of space down the right which is tailor made for the wee **** 

Malinga the Swinga

How on earth can anyone believe Ryan Christie could play in the English Premiership. What used to be called a tanner ball or sand dancer, but will never ever be capable of playing in a top league. Far too casual and easily knocked off the ball. Will no doubt see him playing out his career in Celtic, ala Scott Brown, bummed up by the press in Scotland but failing to challenge himself.

Prefer Tierney to Robertson, but both decent players. 

Why on earth does Clarke persist in playing McTominay as a right sided defender. Totally lost and has no idea what he should be doing, although playing alongside McKenna can't be easy as he is utter pish.

coatbridgejambo

Like the sound of that boy on bbcsportsound.

talkng a good game. Think I heard someone call him Craig. 

7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This.

Riddley Walker
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Not the best but nowhere near the worst. 

https://www.premierleague.com/players/10458/Andrew-Robertson/stats

Can't tell from the stats but his positional play and discipline has become really good for Liverpool. He often bombs forward but knows when to sit back as well, and play the safe pass if there's nothing on.

2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Sack the manager.

Completely agree. Clarke is being an idiot. I actually wonder if he wants a pay off? 

A win tonight means nothing. We're not playing a fair reflection of the Czech national side. If we were, we'd be 4 down by now.

We lack any sort of creativity in the middle, its absolutely shocking. 

Felix Lighter

Dick Gordon critical of Robertson for being caught offside on several occasions. Dick, his timing of the run into space is fine, it's the failure of his team mate to play the ball to match the run that is to blame. Useless, clueless pundits.

Guest ToqueJambo

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Robertson doesn't get away with anything. Him and Alexander-Arnold have been an integral part of Liverpool's success. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I think you’ll find according to some Virgil is the bestest defender ever, ever, in the history of football (which only started with the EPL/Sky era). 

He was up for the balloon door.

Edited by Lovecraft

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Robertson doesn't get away with anything. Him and Alexander-Arnold have been an integral part of Liverpool's success. 

They get away with AA and Robertson because they are so strong at left and right wing back.

Some of the utter shite people speak on here is ridiculous.

The majority of the Liverpool squad that just walked the EPL are constantly praising AA and Robertson for how good they are.  At all their roles.