Scotland v Czech Republic off then On. ( updated )

tartofmidlothian

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Riddley Walker

• Hearts007

• Tazio

• Rick Sanchez

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest ToqueJambo

Clinging on vs a B team. The Czechs have had 16 shots to our 6 and 5 corners to our none. Total embarrassment. Clarke is not going to take us anywhere.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Clinging on vs a B team. The Czechs have had 16 shots to our 6 and 5 corners to our none. Total embarrassment. Clarke is not going to take us anywhere.

I think the B team was in the original squad! We're at C or D here!

This is a ****ing car crash.  Remind me why we were so quick to punt Strachan?  

Andy Robertson looks more like Davie Robertson out there 

Edited by gashauskis9

Nelly Terraces

Scottish 'fitbaw' - just SOOOOO marvelously dire. No wonder the rest of the world just points & laughs.

Pity these SFA pricks never got beaten off the Czech C-Team - sniding a victory here - sums the game up here really.

Guest ToqueJambo

That was arguably a worse result than a defeat. Clarke will claim "job done, it's only qualifying" with little criticism for him and on we'll go.

We did not deserve that. If that had been the main czech 11 that would be the easiest 3 points they'd pick up. 

Clarke either needs to accept 3 at the back isn't working or resign. We're absolutely ****ing terrible. Defensively shocking, no creativity and look scared to take shots. 

Abandoned Scotland at half time and jumped over to NI v Norway

Something about watching a team in green get pasted 1-5 I could get used to...

On a slightly related note, Scotland are so ****ed if Norway beat Serbia in the play offs

Riddley Walker

That was horrendous again. So bad.

I can almost forgive Friday's formation disaster, as he was trying something out and there are no friendlies to do it anymore. However, that idea should have been shot dead after how ineffective we were against a team ranked 93rd in the world. But no, the ***** does it again, rendering us toothless against a C-team.

Edited by Riddley Walker

18 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Wow, Craig Burley talks absolute and utter shite. Should make his way to Sportsound with some of his opinions.

You think Scotland are a good side.?

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Smith got 90mins and Boycey got 45mins. Not a great night for them but still...minutes under the belt and injury free 👍

That's great they're getting games. Should help reassure them staying with us won't harm their careers.

Paterson is really  good in the air and we get a free kick in very good position.

Begging an Armstrong outswinger or Christie inswinger.  Ah feck it.  Armstrong hits first defender's ankle.

As for McKenna.  

Edited by DETTY29

2 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Abandoned Scotland at half time and jumped over to NI v Norway

Something about watching a team in green get pasted 1-5 I could get used to...

On a slightly related note, Scotland are so ****ed if Norway beat Serbia in the play offs

so fecked if Serbia beat Norway

Too many misplaced passes and solo runs without laying it off to count.  Horrible defending, slow midfield.  Just so lucky to get a win there.  Oh yeah the penalty was probably a free kick. 

More bullshit from Clarke no doubt from the post match interview.

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Smith got 90mins and Boycey got 45mins. Not a great night for them but still...minutes under the belt and injury free 👍

A positive for us at least. 

Riddley Walker
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

You think Scotland are a good side.?

Eh? Not sure why you got that from my comment. We're utterly shite at the moment. But Burley's general opinions and commentary are awful.

Scott McKenna has just received his 16th cap for Scotland. Now he is overrated. He's unbearable slow, his distribution of the ball is very poor and he's often caught out of position. The more caps he receives potentially the higher his valuation. The Sheep will be laughing all the way to the bank if they receive any sort of fee for him. Hopeless player.

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Scotland should just stick to curling 

They are. Toe curlingly awful. 

I'm horrified at how bad we are. What exactly is going on in training? Can't defend for shit. Can't attack convincingly. 

What the hell is Clarke doing? I thought he was a good manager. Seems to have picked an awkward formation to fail on purpose.. (obviously not but 4 at the back solves all our problems, is the obviously solution yet shit for brains seems hell bent on crashing out using his shitey system). 

Just now, Barack said:

Pie & Bovril Twitter admin coming up 2/10 again on the sarcasm banter scale.

Standard.

It made me laugh to be fair but then, I've watched Scotland tonight so my quality barometer is low.

Guest ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, Gorillajam said:

Scott McKenna has just received his 16th cap for Scotland. Now he is overrated. He's unbearable slow, his distribution of the ball is very poor and he's often caught out of position. The more caps he receives potentially the higher his valuation. The Sheep will be laughing all the way to the bank if they receive any sort of fee for him. Hopeless player.

I think this is working in reverse for McKenna. He's been nothing short of hopeless for Scotland.

1 minute ago, Gorillajam said:

Other than physicality I have no idea what he's good at...or supposed to be good at.

Riddley Walker

Something that Scotland are awful at is playing well in a winning position. Even under Strachan when we were doing alright, we'd go ahead and the players just can't ****ing deal with it. Mind that game we were 2-1 up away to Poland, playing really well and as soon as we go in front we just shut up shop, really really poorly. Same on Friday and tonight. We were bad tonight the whole game, but we got even worse when we went ahead. Such a poor mentality.

Riddley Walker
2 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Broken clock etc. etc.

6 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Eh? Not sure why you got that from my comment. We're utterly shite at the moment. But Burley's general opinions and commentary are awful.

Burley slated Scotland. 

What bits of his criticism of Scotland did you disagree with? 

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

Winning a game and going top of our group is embarrassing?

Ok then.

Considering it was a team that was Assembled from nothing and that Scotland had a penalty that was never a penalty and ignoring the fact they had us on the back foot the hole game and if they had won it 3 or 4 goals to 2 no one could of argued against it then aye we are top of the group we’ll done Scotland 

Riddley Walker
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Burley slated Scotland. 

I wasn't actually talking about his general criticism of Scotland. He says more than 'Scotland wur bad'. He speaks for the entire game and comments on fouls, bookings, shots, player performance, qualification process, Scotland anecdotes, former players... I could go on. Want any more info?

Do you think he's a good co-commentator?

Riddley Walker
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Burley slated Scotland. 

Also, I was watching an ESPN stream, in  case you were watching the Sky stream and getting confused with Davie Provan.

3 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

I wasn't actually talking about his general criticism of Scotland. He says more than 'Scotland wur bad'. He speaks for the entire game and comments on fouls, bookings, shots, player performance, qualification process, Scotland anecdotes, former players... I could go on. Want any more info?

Do you think he's a good co-commentator?

He's unbelievably negative, but it was entirely warranted. 

These past two performances have been the worst I can remember. Look uncomfortable, nervy and unimaginative. 

Half expect Clarke to whip off his mask and reveal Craig Levein.

Riddley Walker
Just now, OTT said:

He's unbelievably negative, but it was entirely warranted. 

These past two performances have been the worst I can remember. Look uncomfortable, nervy and unimaginative. 

Half expect Clarke to whip off his mask and reveal Craig Levein.

I wasn't commenting on his critique of Scotland, I just think he also talks shire.