Scotland v Czech Republic off then On. ( updated )

tartofmidlothian

The Mighty Thor
7 hours ago, Deevers said:

Ah well, look on the bright side. At least it will save more abject embarrassment.

Or this might be the end of Scottish international football after we get pumped by the Czech team bus driver and the kit man. 

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Riddley Walker

• Hearts007

• Tazio

• Rick Sanchez

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, been here before said:

Did you find any? I think you're supposed to leave out milk with bread in it arent you?

No, they're lactose intolerant, you'll give the poor wee buggers the shits!

They eat insects so they're into protein, wet dog or cat food goes down well 👍

Scotland 11/8 favourites to beat whatever bunch of players the Czechs manage to cobble together. If they don't win this then Clarke should be the latest flop to be booted. 

This is shaping up to be one of the biggest embarrassments in Scottish International Football when we get beaten by a cobbled together second string Czech team that have had 48 hrs to prepare

4 hours ago, Boof said:

D'you know the difference between a hedgehog and the SFA boardroom?

A hedgehog has all the pricks outside.

😀😀 Brilliant.

Do know the difference between a single sperm cell and the CEO of the SPFL?

The single sperm cell has a one in ten million chance of becoming a human being.

11 minutes ago, corryjambo said:

😀😀 Brilliant.

Do know the difference between a single sperm cell and the CEO of the SPFL?

The single sperm cell has a one in ten million chance of becoming a human being.

I thought you were going to say find a sponsor.

5 hours ago, Boof said:

D'you know the difference between a hedgehog and the SFA boardroom?

A hedgehog has all the pricks outside.

🤣🤣

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, Barack said:

Doesn't win comfortably here, and the very real prospect of Israel knocking us out...he should be gone.

The team's dismal.

This. Clarke's got better players, or at least players playing at a much better level, than all the managers going back to probably Alex McLeish's first spell and he's made a total hash of turning them into anything remotely representing a team. He's way out of his depth. Two years successfully managing a team someone else mostly recruited (our new assistant manager) that plays at home on a plastic pitch shouldn't get you the country's top job.

Edited by ToqueJambo

40 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Thing is, these guys will try like **** because it may be the first and last time they ever play for their Country. 

They might beat us on pure passion alone. Our boys will need to match that first and foremost. 

:sadrobbo:

If ever there was a gold plated opportunity it is this game. 
I fear that this could be right up there with the worst results in our history though.

I honestly can't wait. Was a bit meh about watching us v the full team cos it was an obvious 2-0 defeat but watching us get beat off a cobbled together group from the Czech league that would never get near the national team in regular times is far more appealing. 

10 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Havent watched a scotland game for years I might just tune in tonight for some comedy gold

better watchin corrie

8 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Is this game still on?. I cant get a price on skybet or PP.

Only Betfair exchange had odds last time I checked. We were 4/7 favourites. 11/8 with Hills over the weekend before the Czechs announced their squad. Thought more would have priced it up just now but they have maybe just decided it is too much of an unknown and aren't going to. The match is on.

5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Only Betfair exchange had odds last time I checked. We were 4/7 favourites. 11/8 with Hills over the weekend before the Czechs announced their squad. Thought more would have priced it up just now but they have maybe just decided it is too much of an unknown and aren't going to. The match is on.

Ok thanks👍.

11 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Thing is, these guys will try like **** because it may be the first and last time they ever play for their Country. 

They might beat us on pure passion alone. Our boys will need to match that first and foremost. 

:sadrobbo:

They'll beat us with or without passion mate......

Franksluckypants

See if it was the Cech FA board v the SFA/ SPFL board, I could understand and fully endorse the anti Scottish sentiment - maybe even encourage the odd maiming/ multiple fractures...otherwise???

12 hours ago, Barack said:

Doesn't win comfortably here, and the very real prospect of Israel knocking us out...he should be gone.

The team's dismal.

in English please?

AlphonseCapone
49 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

in English please?

Have a word, no place for this in 21st century Scotland. 

4 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I have the same feeling about this game as I do when Hearts play a team that haven't won in X number of games.

This.

If there's a striker that ain't scored in X amount of games, you can rest assured that Hearts will let him score. 

39 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Odds now up on Bet365. 2/5. Assume others have priced up too.

Skybet and Paddy Power still nothing, it might be up later.

19 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Will you get this on you tube or only sky? 

There'll be millions of streams bud if its not on either. Will 100% be on, Hes goal. Com

If it's an open game I think 1-3 to the visitors.  If they park the bus then 1-0 to the home team. 

I don't see a reason why the home team have to play an open game except to impress the coaches, if that's what the coaches want. 

Otherwise I think they'll be happy with a draw. Whilst a win for us seems more desperate on the back of a dreadful performance, I think it is going to end up another tediously setup match. 

Best to prepare for it 🍻 

I just hope Clarke sorts the positions proper this time.  No messing about. 

Edited by HMFC01

The Old Tolbooth
3 hours ago, Ominous said:

Is this game still on?. I cant get a price on skybet or PP.

Hills have them priced at 9/2 and 365 have them at 5/1, they opened at 6/1 but they've seen a flurry of money for the Czechs :lol: 

It is lose lose for Scotland tonight. 

Win, and it's no achievement beating a Czech second string put together with about 48 hours notice. 

Lose and it's one of the most disgraceful results you could get. 

36 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Hills have them priced at 9/2 and 365 have them at 5/1, they opened at 6/1 but they've seen a flurry of money for the Czechs :lol: 

Haha my fancy is a drab 0-0 both will be useless.

Scotland, imo should always play on the front foot, all out high press attacking football. We're never going to win **** all so they should at least be entertaining to watch. 

12 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Scotland, imo should always play on the front foot, all out high press attacking football. We're never going to win **** all so they should at least be entertaining to watch. 

End up getting pumped.