Scotland v Czech Republic off then On. ( updated )

tartofmidlothian

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Riddley Walker

• Hearts007

• Tazio

• Rick Sanchez

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Meanwhile the ever aware SFA are ‘seeking clarification’

Crazy the they can announce it on twitter but we still don't have a clue !!

Mid Calder Jambo

Could be dirty tricks from the Czech Republic. Having seen how easy it is to have a league awarded in Scotland, they are trying it on as well. Would certainly help the fixture congestion and stop us having to watch flaccid Scotland teams.

been here before
14 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Because UEFA havent called the game off, its just been a twatter thing from the Czechs. Seems fair enough they would 'seek clarification'.

What do you suggest they should do here?

Edited by been here before

From the BBC article:

If a national association is not in a position to field a team with the above-mentioned minimum number of players (i.e. 13 including at least one goalkeeper), the match will, if possible, be rescheduled at a date to be fixed by the Uefa administration, which shall also have the power to assign it to a venue which may be in a neutral country (within the territory of a Uefa member association) if deemed appropriate; in any event, the home team will remain responsible for the organisation of the match and all related costs.

If the match cannot be rescheduled, the Uefa control, ethics and disciplinary body will take a decision on the matter. The national association that is responsible for the match not taking place or not being played in full will be declared to have forfeited the match unless both or none of the teams is/are responsible, meaning the match cannot be declared as forfeited.

If the match cannot be declared as forfeited, the outcome of the match will be decided by drawing of lots (i.e. win 1-0, loss 0-1 or draw 0-0) carried out by the Uefa administration.

The bit in bold.... seems like a decent chance to pick up some points 🤷🏻‍♂️

21 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

That seems like a sensible next step? 

The Daily Record are reporting that today is Saturday which turned out to be true after some scepticism on my part. They are also reporting that Scotland are likely to be awarded a 3-0 victory with the below 'quotes'.

A statement said: "Although the Czech national team defeated Slovakia 3-1 on Friday, the second match in Olomouc against Scotland will not take place in September.

"The international break is over, the squad has been disbanded.

"The reason is a conflict between the assigned medical professional and the head of the Czech FA. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scotland-likely-awarded-nations-league-22632721.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Only One Rousset
17 minutes ago, karipidis said:

So what will Hearts punishment be? 

Hearts will get a -15 point reduction before the season kicks off and told not to train due to NATO and the SFA/SPFL  suspecting that we have resorted to biological warfare. 

Glamorgan Jambo
28 minutes ago, been here before said:

Because UEFA havent called the game off, its just been a twatter thing from the Czechs. Seems fair enough they would 'seek clarification'.

Probably not release a verbose statement?

Same as the verbose statement they issued following the cancellation of mass gatherings by the Scottish Government a couple of days before a Selleck vs Rangers game when they also released a statement that they would be 'seeking clarification' and until then the game was on. It's not as if they are helping travelling supporters on their way to Prague.

been here before

So you're upset about the style of a statement then rather than them 'seeking clarification' about this situation.

5 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Probably not release a verbose statement?

Same as the verbose statement they issued following the cancellation of mass gatherings by the Scottish Government a couple of days before a Selleck vs Rangers game when they also released a statement that they would be 'seeking clarification' and until then the game was on. It's not as if they are helping travelling supporters on their way to Prague.

Can't see what you're complaining about. 

The SFA are quite rightly waiting on a ruling from EUFA regarding the status of our tie. 

You don't have to be a genius to know that there will be no game as the

Czech FA have disbanded their squad and stated that for them the International break is over. 

As for travelling fans they will know the situation and its hard luck but really anyone arranging travel at the moment is indulging in a lottery. 

This one is not the SFAs fault. 

47 minutes ago, been here before said:

Well if I was on the board at eufa, I would throw Scotland out the tournament for masquerading as a football team. I would then sanction the imposters at the SFA for bringing the beautiful game into disrepute.

Turned off after 20 mins last night and went out into the garden to look for hedgehogs with my grandson. It was far more thrilling than the dross on sky sports 

Glamorgan Jambo
17 minutes ago, been here before said:

So you're upset about the style of a statement then rather than them 'seeking clarification' about this situation.

Erm no. I'm frustrated at them yet again acting like a bunch of officious and self important tw**s.

Knowing our luck it will be agreed it's not forfeited due to COVID, so it will be done by drawing of lots and we'll be handed a loss. Sad thing is it's probably still better for our goal difference than playing the actual game... 

been here before
11 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Erm no. I'm frustrated at them yet again acting like a bunch of officious and self important tw**s.

:lol: Desperate stuff.

But they shouldnt be seeking clarification though?

Bazzas right boot

The drawing of lots is worse than the sfa solution ( nothing/ make it up). 

Are the Czechs saying they can't find 20 football players in their entire country to play a game--bull shite. 

Play the game with what you have or forfeit the match. 

been here before
12 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Well if I was on the board at eufa, I would throw Scotland out the tournament for masquerading as a football team. I would then sanction the imposters at the SFA for bringing the beautiful game into disrepute.

Turned off after 20 mins last night and went out into the garden to look for hedgehogs with my grandson. It was far more thrilling than the dross on sky sports 

Did you find any? I think you're supposed to leave out milk with bread in it arent you?

Funnily enough I was thinking about eating hedgehogs the other day. Something Ive never tried but I believe you bake them in clay and can tell theyre done as their spines come away easily.

24 minutes ago, been here before said:

Did you find any? I think you're supposed to leave out milk with bread in it arent you?

Funnily enough I was thinking about eating hedgehogs the other day. Something Ive never tried but I believe you bake them in clay and can tell theyre done as their spines come away easily.

Can I be the first to say I hope you're next shit is a 🦔

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, karipidis said:

So what will Hearts punishment be? 

and rightly so Mrs Budge should have kept an eye on the situation as Rudi who won us a cup was Czech after all - the SFA would be within their rights to deduct points and I would expect a kiltie walk from Tynecastle to Hamdump with full highland regalia 

Ex member of the SaS

Clarke should have tried the old 4-6-0. Levein can't even take the blame for that, as he is now blaming a players for spilling the beans and releasing the formation before the game.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/craig-levein-laughs-4-6-0-criticism-and-blames-player-throwing-toys-out-pram-2962452

Glamorgan Jambo
1 hour ago, been here before said:

:lol: Desperate stuff.

But they shouldnt be seeking clarification though?

Well if you want to be like that you can now enjoy the company of numerous Lochend interlopers on my ignore list

been here before
17 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Well if you want to be like that you can now enjoy the company of numerous Lochend interlopers on my ignore list

:lol:

"You're on my ignore list"  

As someone aged over 13 should that bother me?

6 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Game's going ahead. Another L for twitter news. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54036595

Seems the SFA were being reasonable is seeking clarification. Could be a few others heading for our Welsh based friends much vaunted and ever so slightly vainglorious 'ignore list".

4 hours ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Could be dirty tricks from the Czech Republic. Having seen how easy it is to have a league awarded in Scotland, they are trying it on as well. Would certainly help the fixture congestion and stop us having to watch flaccid Scotland teams.

Doubt it - why would they? I would be angry having to self-isolate until 18th Sepember having arrived back yesterday from Czech Rep if everybody didn't have to do the same. The Scottish government imposed this restriction and it should apply to everyone or no one!

3 hours ago, been here before said:

I live in Wester Hailes so It’s more of a balcony with some  potted plants and hanging flower baskets. It kept the wee man amused for an hour until the game had passed and it was more fun watching him than watching Steve Clarke’s boring 11.

Never tried one. Snails and frogs legs are about as adventurous as I’ve been with my gastronomic delights 

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Reported that UEFA say as long as you have 13 players, including a goalkeeper games go ahead. 

Actually quite an interesting scenario for international football. Given that you are free to select from any footballer who meets the nationality qualifications then you effectively have a near unlimited squad. It’s not like club football where a team will have a limited squad of registered players.

If a player is unavailable for selection due to Covid is it technically any different from any other injury than means the player is not available for international duty? Do players have to be pre-registered to play international football?

I would imagine that even if you are unable to select a significant number of “regular” international squad players you would still have a massive pool of senior players to select from all qualifying players across all clubs and divisions. Even after that you still have the amateur players registered with the national association.

Same with coaches and, backroom staff. National associations have wide coaching networks or could ask clubs to loan them staff.

4 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

D'you know the difference between a hedgehog and the SFA boardroom?

A hedgehog has all the pricks outside.

18 minutes ago, Boof said:

D'you know the difference between a hedgehog and the SFA boardroom?

A hedgehog has all the pricks outside.

you sir, own the internet today 

3 minutes ago, Boof said:

I see Macedonia are now called North Macedonia https://www.uefa.com/european-qualifiers/teams/59205--north-macedonia/ ...or at least I couldn't find a South one.

What's that all about, then?

a dispute between macedonia and greece about the name. greece think part of north greece is macedonia. so macedonia changed its name to north macedonia

Czech team manager (or part of the management team) tested positive as did the masseur who also tested positive but carried on regardless.,

Edited by Boy Daniel

7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

a dispute between macedonia and greece about the name. greece think part of north greece is macedonia. so macedonia changed its name to north macedonia

6 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Thank you both. :thumb:

Even Saturday's a school day now!

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Reported that UEFA say as long as you have 13 players, including a goalkeeper games go ahead. 

Scotland could struggle to find that many decent players