• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Leveins Battalion

• Bauldrick

professorfate

I think the hibees will want Ross out because they think he bottled it against us in the semis he is definitely in trouble.

Салатные палочки

He wears a knitted polo with a shirt and tie underneath. 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, professorfate said:

I think the hibees will want Ross out because they think he bottled it against us in the semis he is definitely in trouble.

They will be keen for Stubbo back in I imagine 

Guest ToqueJambo

This, and losing to us and St J in semi-finals the way they did does not exactly chime with the agenda in the press (and on here sometimes) to paint Ross as a great up and coming manager. Third is not a particular great achievement. Neilson did it with ease, Killie and Motherwell have done it recently. It's always up for grabs to any of about 6 teams in our league.

professorfate
7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

What a terrible manager he was he couldn’t even get hibs out of the championship. I must admit to enjoying hibs being in a crisis I will drink to that tonight.

7 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Agent Ross return to base 🤣

65805C5D-309B-4C0B-A2A5-58D8E522410C.jpeg

Don’t rate the guy at all. A weird approach to motivation. In his post match he said he told the team at half time ‘If you are going to lose at least go down fighting.’ What a very strange thing to say.

Diadora Van Basten

I watched the Sunderland documentary and he came across as a negative manager like Neilson.

Perfectly suited for the vermin . 

ideas above his station ✔️ 

loser ✔️ 

jock _turd

Just reading through losers.net and there is a long thread calling for him to be punted. So what would we do if he was in charge at Hearts we and had just had the season they have had would we be calling for him to be punted? On the one hand he has done reasonably well but losing three huge games does not look good does it ?

Салатные палочки

100% we would be calling for his head. 

A team that’s rarely 3rd and mostly a mid-table side have had a good season  and they want rid of their manager?

I suppose fans sometimes can see beyond results and think the future may not look good, but for a club who are rarely top 3, 4 it seems unreasonable. 

frankblack
1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

You just have to look at the tears and snotters in the Neilson Out thread on here for a comparison.

I hope he stays at Hibs for the considerable future. Obviously struggles with getting his teams up for big games. Hibs boys in the pub have been saying the football has been jobbies and their league position flatters to deceive. Pleasing.

4 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Just reading through losers.net and there is a long thread calling for him to be punted. So what would we do if he was in charge at Hearts we and had just had the season they have had would we be calling for him to be punted? On the one hand he has done reasonably well but losing three huge games does not look good does it ?

You mean a manager who has achieved his principal target but has often done it playing shite football and has had some critical cup losses? That type of thing 😃

Auldbenches
20 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Stubbs won the cup but never got them promoted and they him to replace a guy who got them 3rd?  

I hope they do go for Stubbs as he has been out of a job after being at st Mirren for a fortnight.  

Auldbenches
6 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

I hope he stays at Hibs for the considerable future. Obviously struggles with getting his teams up for big games. Hibs boys in the pub have been saying the football has been jobbies and their league position flatters to deceive. Pleasing.

Hibs fans always think their football isn't good enough for them.   They still cling to this playing proper football pisb bit I never saw much of it yesterday 

22 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

It’s a lot less worse than Neilson this season but yep 100%.

Just now, Auldbenches said:

Hibs fans always think their football isn't good enough for them.   They still cling to this playing proper football pisb bit I never saw much of it yesterday 

I've never got that play better football thing with them. Apart from usually having a decent goalscorer (Riordan, Griffiths, Wright etc) they have always been lacking defensively in my near 40 years of Jambo-ness. When you think of the shite they've had in their defence in the decades we had the likes of Levein, McPherson, McLaren, Weir, Pressley, Fyssas etc. they've had more donkeys than most and even their current ones...if you attack them they crumble. 

St Johnstone had control of the game (i only saw highlights to be fair) and so many Hibs-types have said they didn't turn up. Well...they didn't turn up in 2012 either. The one they did win was down to eight minutes of Hearts madness and must be one of the few (if ever) Scottish Cup Finals competed by two teams outwith the top League. They hate when i call it their Challenge Cup win! ;) I don't know why they get so wound up by that! Oh well.... :)

On 09/08/2020 at 10:30, Bauldrick said:

Will we regret not having Jack Ross at Tynecastle, and would he have signed 'hat-trick Nisbet' to bang in the goals in a maroon shirt? 

Simple answer is.          :nozal:

I don't regret Jack Ross not being our manager next season but I do wish he'd been manager (as was the plan) instead of Cathro....

39 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

The fact is that despite their third place finish - which is exceptional by their standards - and their four appearances at Hampden, their supporters will have reached the end of the season feeling crap. They will not have a good feeling, because they will know they blew a lot of great opportunities and also had the sickener of going out of the Cup (ok, last season’s Cup, but very much part of this season) to their lower-league, unfancied city rivals. And they’ll be absolutely right to feel that way.

Finishing third doesn’t always leave you with the feeling you’ve had a good season. A lot of other things can happen. 

Even Neilson managed to get one over him in the semi.  Shows how much of a loser ross is. 

Auldbenches
28 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I've never got that play better football thing with them. Apart from usually having a decent goalscorer (Riordan, Griffiths, Wright etc) they have always been lacking defensively in my near 40 years of Jambo-ness. When you think of the shite they've had in their defence in the decades we had the likes of Levein, McPherson, McLaren, Weir, Pressley, Fyssas etc. they've had more donkeys than most and even their current ones...if you attack them they crumble. 

St Johnstone had control of the game (i only saw highlights to be fair) and so many Hibs-types have said they didn't turn up. Well...they didn't turn up in 2012 either. The one they did win was down to eight minutes of Hearts madness and must be one of the few (if ever) Scottish Cup Finals competed by two teams outwith the top League. They hate when i call it their Challenge Cup win! ;) I don't know why they get so wound up by that! Oh well.... :)

They keep referring back to the early 70s as if that is their standard approach, but have had nothing but alex Millers and Bobby Williamsons apart from about 2 seasons understand mowbray.  

I think expecting the hibs way gives them comfort when not expecting to win.  

The biggest myth in Scottish football is hibs flair.

Just now, Auldbenches said:

They keep referring back to the early 70s as if that is their standard approach, but have had nothing but alex Millers and Bobby Williamsons apart from about 2 seasons understand mowbray.  

Yes, nearly half a century ago (god, i feel old!). I know a Hibby that is old enough to have seen their 7-0 in '73 (i was only 4) and would bring that up time and again over years. I happened to mention the 2012 Cup Final and his response was "typical Jambo, livin in the past!" and when i said what was 1973. Was that recent? He piped down. 

Alex Miller was quite happy avoiding relegation every season while the top 5 clubs competed at the top and in Europe. Rangers, Hearts, Aberdeen, Celtic and Dundee Utd. loved the 80s! Hibs were nothing and haven't really progressed. It's us, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd that have regressed and made them look better. 

Auldbenches
Just now, jambonian said:

Yes, nearly half a century ago (god, i feel old!). I know a Hibby that is old enough to have seen their 7-0 in '73 (i was only 4) and would bring that up time and again over years. I happened to mention the 2012 Cup Final and his response was "typical Jambo, livin in the past!" and when i said what was 1973. Was that recent? He piped down. 

Alex Miller was quite happy avoiding relegation every season while the top 5 clubs competed at the top and in Europe. Rangers, Hearts, Aberdeen, Celtic and Dundee Utd. loved the 80s! Hibs were nothing and haven't really progressed. It's us, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd that have regressed and made them look better. 

Even after Turnbull they had Bertie auld and pat Stanton and I've never heard hibs fans reminisce about their great footballing sides. 

Utter myth that they, and others in Scottish football, have been peddling for years.   Pish! 

Silvery_Moon
5 hours ago, leginten said:

The fact is that despite their third place finish - which is exceptional by their standards - and their four appearances at Hampden, their supporters will have reached the end of the season feeling crap. They will not have a good feeling, because they will know they blew a lot of great opportunities and also had the sickener of going out of the Cup (ok, last season’s Cup, but very much part of this season) to their lower-league, unfancied city rivals. And they’ll be absolutely right to feel that way.

Finishing third doesn’t always leave you with the feeling you’ve had a good season. A lot of other things can happen. 

:spoton:

We finished 3rd in 2016 and I felt far from good. 

1 minute ago, Silvery_Moon said:

That’s precisely what I was getting at. We’re often urged by certain people to view that season as a really good one, but the reality is that Tynecastle was a morgue for the rest of the season after events in mid-February. And the players downed tools around the end of March anyway. After a brilliant start, it was a season that just petered out.

There was actually a hundred times more feelgood factor around the club two years previous to that - when we had just been relegated and didn’t even know if there was going to be a club to come back to after the summer.

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Felt better than the last ****ing 5 years tho. 

He’s done a very good job at Hibs......no point in denying it.

As someone previously mentioned......it would have been interesting to see how things would have panned out if he’d stayed and progressed to takeover from RN.

If Hibs sell a few players from under his feet this summer he might well take the huff and start to look for his next opportunity.

2 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Correct i know a twat that says the 5-1 is a comfort blanket but spells Hearts Her7s wi a radge wee seven fe kin dick

Silvery_Moon
33 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's not the point I was responding to though. 

The point was about Hibs fans finishing 3rd yet not being happy with the season. 

A lot of Hearts fans felt pretty crap in 2016 despite coming 3rd and were very upset about what happened in the Scottish Cup. 

Silvery_Moon
53 minutes ago, leginten said:

That’s precisely what I was getting at. We’re often urged by certain people to view that season as a really good one, but the reality is that Tynecastle was a morgue for the rest of the season after events in mid-February. And the players downed tools around the end of March anyway. After a brilliant start, it was a season that just petered out.

There was actually a hundred times more feelgood factor around the club two years previous to that - when we had just been relegated and didn’t even know if there was going to be a club to come back to after the summer.

Couldn't have summed it up better. What really annoyed me was the way the defeat was shrugged off - similarly this season the horrific run culminating in a loss to Brora and that 'response' versus QOTS was continually shrugged off as 'a couple of defeats'. 

Pasquale for King

We will never know if he would’ve kept us up, looking at their comments after yesterday he’s similar to our own manager. 

Just now, Silvery_Moon said:

Couldn't have summed it up better. What really annoyed me was the way the defeat was shrugged off - similarly this season the horrific run culminating in a loss to Brora and that 'response' versus QOTS was continually shrugged off as 'a couple of defeats'. 

We move on/over it already/bigger picture...

All the meaningless clichés that were trotted out at the time by some fans unfortunately mirrored exactly the thinking that was (or wasn’t) going on in the boardroom.

AC Mallin_51
7 hours ago, jock _turd said:

Considering Neilson got us a third place finish many wanted him away because of the hibs cup result so I’d say absolutely folk on here would want Ross punted 

On 09/08/2020 at 19:22, Leveins Battalion said:

I think the thing to remember is that Steve Robinson and Gary Holt were dubbed the next big thing by some of us on here  ( me with Robinson) 🤣 and look how they have started.🙈

I am delighted to have Robbie.🇱🇻🇱🇻

Final paragraph, game set and match, deflection making out am a Hibby cause I cannot stand "Robbie", still delighted I bet.

Jack Ross is a myth. 

Hibs flair is a myth. 

We will take more points from them next season than them from us. We will finish above them. Natural order is about to resume.

FTH

McGlynn The Money
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

The writing was on the wall though and it wasn't hard to predict what was coming in the following 5 years. The Levein-Budge-Neilson axis was already starting to drag the club backwards and the organisation just kept repeating the same mistakes year after year.

Going out to Hibs in the Cup the way we did then seeing them go on to win it just added to the doom and gloom. I know that one or two on here wanted Hibs to win, bizarre as that may seem, but any Hibs success is not good for Hearts or Hearts fans.

29 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

The writing was on the wall though and it wasn't hard to predict what was coming in the following 5 years. The Levein-Budge-Neilson axis was already starting to drag the club backwards and the organisation just kept repeating the same mistakes year after year.

Going out to Hibs in the Cup the way we did then seeing them go on to win it just added to the doom and gloom. I know that one or two on here wanted Hibs to win, bizarre as that may seem, but any Hibs success is not good for Hearts or Hearts fans.

Seriously wanting hibz to win ! Ffs  No dye in the wool fan anywhere would want there rivals to win any game imo. As you said hibz winning any game not good for us !
FTH ALWAYS 

2 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

I can only think of one numpty on here who wanted Hibs to win the cup! 🤔

McGlynn The Money
9 hours ago, One five said:

Seriously wanting hibz to win ! Ffs  No dye in the wool fan anywhere would want there rivals to win any game imo. As you said hibz winning any game not good for us !
FTH ALWAYS 

Couldn't agree more. Just bizarre to think of a so called Hearts fan sitting watching that game, knowing how much they hate us, knowing that they had even been sending emails to Lithuania to get us put out of business, and yet cheering them on.

7 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Same here and that is a perfect description of said person.

Silvery_Moon
12 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

11 hours ago, One five said:

FTH ALWAYS 

9 hours ago, Thomaso said:

There were several who wanted Hibs to win the cup as can be seen here. 

Gets more real on the thread after mid April when the Hypothetical Hibs v Rangers final actually became a reality. 

I understand a lot of Hearts fans live abroad and don't get the rivalry as much but if you lived through the 80's and early 90's in Edinburgh and have Hibs friends and family you don't want them winning anything! If you have been continually taunted about the lack of trophies and suffering all the Albert Kidd crap on the 3rd May each year then you will know what I mean. It's football rivalry, banter etc. which is fine but I want Hibs to lose every game unless it benefits us as it did in 1992 when a Hibs win at Celtic Park coupled with us beating Falkirk secured us 2nd place in the league. 

Anyway back on topic - no I do not regret us not appointing Jack Ross. 

McGlynn The Money
13 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Gets more real on the thread after mid April when the Hypothetical Hibs v Rangers final actually became a reality. 

I understand a lot of Hearts fans live abroad and don't get the rivalry as much but if you lived through the 80's and early 90's in Edinburgh and have Hibs friends and family you don't want them winning anything! If you have been continually taunted about the lack of trophies and suffering all the Albert Kidd crap on the 3rd May each year then you will know what I mean. It's football rivalry, banter etc. which is fine but I want Hibs to lose every game unless it benefits us as it did in 1992 when a Hibs win at Celtic Park coupled with us beating Falkirk secured us 2nd place in the league. 

Absolutely :spoton:

15 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Only hibs sympathising oddballs would have wanted them to win the cup and end their hoodoo. Quite a few prolific posters missing from the feel good fun threads this weekend. 

Nothing stranger than folk and hibs fans. 

:fth:

I’m glad the cardigan is nowhere near Hearts. 

Edited by Des Lynam