Will we regret not appointing Jack Ross as our Manager

Bauldrick

Jack Ross or a few others available at the time we went down the Stendel route, might have kept us up, we’ll never know but Stendel for me was wrong time, wrong place

Edited by JimmyCant

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Leveins Battalion

• Bauldrick

I’m happy Robbie is back too. Yeah, some aren’t that enthusiastic, but the guy’s win record is very good with us. Much rather have him than Ross.

Finlay James

Jack Ross will be sacked by March and Hibs will be in the relegation zone, you can bookmark it.

Rick Sanchez

This thread gives me the boak every time I see it on the main page. Absolute not, he got found out at Sunderland for failing to keep a lead and he'll get hounded out eventually at Hibs.

Don't agree that they'll be anywhere near relegation though.

Samuel Camazzola
55 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

Well I seem to have stirred up a hornet's nest with what I thought was a simple question with no hidden agenda, my thinking was based on my lack of enthusiasm for the appointment of Robbie, I just think we could have done better, his record in England was just as poor as Ross at Sunderland. As for the non-thinkers who branded me as from the dark side of Fester Road, I have been a Hearts supporter from the glory days of Conn, Bauld and Wardhaugh which I think entitles me to an opinion, and just because I get a bit peed off  when Hibs appear to be doing a bit better than us (not too often I must add) it does not entitle anyone to brand me a subversive Hibby,  well, that's my OAP rant over.

You do realise that since Stendel's appointment, Ross' Hibs only accrued a couple of points more than Hearts? He also oversaw an absolute pumping at home to us. 

His tenure at Sunderland was a disaster given the size of the club and money he spent. It can't really be compared to the job Neilson had. 

I think you've gotten carried away by a couple of results and a punt on a player who had a good scoring return at a lower level. 

JamboAndrew
9 hours ago, Bauldrick said:

Will we regret not having Jack Ross at Tynecastle, and would he have signed 'hat-trick Nisbet' to bang in the goals in a maroon shirt? 

Planning on chipping in for a plane?

John Findlay
23 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Jack Ross or a few others available at the time we went down the Stendel route, might have kept us up, we’ll never know but Stendel for me was wrong time, wrong place

Aye right. We weren't relegated. We never played 38 games.

Pardon me for being more ambitious than having Robbie as manager, I do concede that Ross may flatter to deceive but I do wish that the club had been more ambitious and had gone for a 'Bigger Name' to get us more excited about our rise back to where we belong.

Kenneth Dubeke
1 minute ago, Bauldrick said:

Pardon me for being more ambitious than having Robbie as manager, I do concede that Ross may flatter to deceive but I do wish that the club had been more ambitious and had gone for a 'Bigger Name' to get us more excited about our rise back to where we belong.

I think a number of fans will be relatively underwhelmed with Neilson coming back.  Feels like a backward step in many ways. Stendel looked and felt a progressive appointment.  We may have made strides if we allowed him to create his own squad. Instead we've opted for one of the very very few people Budge knows in the game.

I don't think Jack Ross would've been the right move. But it's hard not to feel the route we have taken is somewhat underwhelming 

'Underwhelmed' Thank you Kenneth Dubeke, yes, that's the word that sums up my feelings, however, if Robbie proves me wrong, and makes a few un-Levein like signings and drives us swiftly to promotion then I will give each and everyone on this thread my abject apologies and of course Robbie as well.

17 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

FTH. That is all

28 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

Ross is not a bigger name than Neilson though. 

John Findlay
58 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Ross is not a bigger name than Neilson though. 

No only four letters to the seven😉

12 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

No only four letters to the seven😉

Seven letters in “deviant” though. 

SomethingAboutObua

We regret keeping Levein on for so long, and we regret hiring someone that wanted to implement an entirely new style of play in the midst of a relegation battle.  And we regret ever signing Joel Pereira. But no, we won't regret missing out on Jack Ross.

1 hour ago, Bauldrick said:

Sort of agree, but we wouldn't want yet another rebuild and Neilson is far better at working with what he has than our last 3 managers since he left. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

image.jpeg.313c749467ad76ae4bc00319f555f3e5.jpeg

Jack Ross reminds me of Steven Pressley a few years ago, appears to have built a reputation that far outweighs his achievements.

Bit of a dilemma for Hibs fans, given Ross was a Levein pick as the next Hearts manager after Neilson.

Anyhow, his record against the better teams is very poor so far, just a couple of wins against us and Aberdeen. He's been taken apart by the OF in every game he's played vs them so far. Worse record than Neilson, Levein, Stendel and even Cathro who all managed to best at least one of the OF at least once. To me Ross looks like a mid-table manager. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

King Of The Cat Cafe

Ross will do okay for Hibs, as long as they do not have too much ambition.

They probably want someone who will keep keep them in the top six.  I don't think he will be given the money to buy better players than that.

Anyway: I thought he had a certain "history" with us...?

Hibs do this every season. They string a couple of games together and their fans think they are Brazil.. Its actually becoming embarrassing for them but they are to thick to realise it.. 

Even Hobo Walker was laughing at them today when he said, "I know some hibs fans who think they can only throw away the champions league place" 

Has there ever been more of a joke club than hibs? 

Even after 100+ years of humiliation and failure in the Scottish Cup, what do their fans do, tarnish the whole occasion by invading the pitch and fighting. Even their heroes are deadbeat Ned's.. 

Tragic and hilarious at the same time. 

Poor Jack Ross. 

1 hour ago, James1874f said:

It’s amazing how this thread has lasted has long 😐 place has went downhill

Perhaps I have been labouring under a false impression of the word forum, I always thought it was to put forward your arguments, respond to the views of others, if you disagree with them fine but, respond in a constructive way, intolerance in my opinion has no place in an open forum, argue your case, wearing blinkers on a forum is the main cause of this place having 'gone' downhill.

i

13 hours ago, Bauldrick said:

Will we regret not having Jack Ross at Tynecastle, and would he have signed 'hat-trick Nisbet' to bang in the goals in a maroon shirt? 

"Give the likes of Baldrick the vote and we’ll be back to cavorting druids, death by stoning and dung for dinner.”

2 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

"Give the likes of Baldrick the vote and we’ll be back to cavorting druids, death by stoning and dung for dinner.”

Deary me, your post saddens me, perhaps I am now too old to understand the mindset of many posters on this forum, perhaps I should content myself by ceasing to contribute to these threads and just sit back and observe the forum's decline into obscurity. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Bauldrick said:

Deary me, your post saddens me, perhaps I am now too old to understand the mindset of many posters on this forum, perhaps I should content myself by ceasing to contribute to these threads and just sit back and observe the forum's decline into obscurity. 

Do that.

alwaysthereinspirit
15 hours ago, Bauldrick said:

😂

weirdo.

16 hours ago, lou said:

Could not care less, I am looking forward, we will be out the championship at the first attempt, clearing out the deadwood, have an experienced managerand now JJ who  have Hearts beat interests at Hearts, promising prospects in Irving, Smith and more, with fantastic senior pros as role models in Gordon, Naisy and Berra and to top it all the most passionate, loyal support any club could wish for, no other fans in Scotland have stood up the way we have.

Would I swap it all for an unknown foreign owner, a manager with a dubious reputation and fans who can't raise a smile when called upon? No chance

A very nice turn of phrase!  :thumb:

5 hours ago, Bauldrick said:

You obviously don’t do humour 😄

8 hours ago, Bauldrick said:

Perhaps I have been labouring under a false impression of the word forum, I always thought it was to put forward your arguments, respond to the views of others, if you disagree with them fine but, respond in a constructive way, intolerance in my opinion has no place in an open forum, argue your case, wearing blinkers on a forum is the main cause of this place having 'gone' downhill.

i

Correct it is a forum and they way the post is worded could be mistaken for trying to troll the board which is why i am surprised it’s lasted that long.

correct everyone is entitled to have an opinion not matter how silly it is.

John Findlay
21 hours ago, Bauldrick said:

Is this another one of your cunning plans?

Doctor FinnBarr
7 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Do that.

This thread reeks of vermin big style, reeks more than my erse after eating the wifes home made chilli mayo.

7 hours ago, Bauldrick said:

A conversation with you, Baldrick, and somehow, death loses its sting......

9 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

A conversation with you, Baldrick, and somehow, death loses its sting......

these quotes always make me chuckle, ta.:D

19 hours ago, iantjambo said:

They’ve won 2 games ffs :rofl:

Indeed, Ross County have won their first two games and I see no one asking should we have hired Stuart Kettlewell. 

Edited by JFK-1

Is this the jack Ross who was an abysmal, dismal, dribbling, failure at Sunderland or is it another jack Ross?

Leveins Battalion

The start of this season is just very much Hibs,they have a history of it 

From Jim Duffy being the next Sir Alex to Bobby Williamsons babes we have see it and bought the T shirt.

Similar to their striker,heard it all before from Stevie Crawford to Barry Lavetty.

Yawn

David McCaig
On 09/08/2020 at 20:26, Bauldrick said:

Season 1: Wins Championship containing Rangers/Hibs with record points total

Season 2: Finishes 3rd in SPL

Season 3. Leaves club 2nd in SPL on 5 game unbeaten run, hammering Rangers in his last match.

How much more ambitious than Robbie do you want.

A bigger name? Jack Ross's record isnt even in the same ballpark as Robbie's.

As far as I am concerned we have the best Manager in Scotland back at Tynecastle and he is only going to get better over the next decade.

Haringshairband
18 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Season 1: Wins Championship containing Rangers/Hibs with record points total

Season 2: Finishes 3rd in SPL

Season 3. Leaves club 2nd in SPL on 5 game unbeaten run, hammering Rangers in his last match.

How much more ambitious than Robbie do you want.

A bigger name? Jack Ross's record isnt even in the same ballpark as Robbie's.

As far as I am concerned we have the best Manager in Scotland back at Tynecastle and he is only going to get better over the next decade.

Good post. I wasn't too keen on Robbie due to his attitude towards Hibs at the time (just another game) but i think he really gets us as a club and fan base now. Delighted he's back and I have no doubt we will improve sharpish under him.

Edited by Haringshairband
Spelling

On 09/08/2020 at 19:24, Independence said:

They have only played TWO games. Jeez.

Exactly this.  Wait until we dismantle them in the semi final.  

Tokyo Drifter
On 09/08/2020 at 10:30, Bauldrick said:

Soon as Levein went I thought we should appoint Ross and I've been saying it ever since. Pretty sure he would have had us off the bottom and therefore still in the Premiership (though what a ****ing car crash it's turning out to be. I'm almost glad we're out of it). That said, I'm happy enough with Robbie. As for Nisbet, it's hard to say. Our record of nurturing talented strikes is abysmal so it's quite likely he'd had failed at Tynie. Not normally this negative about Hearts but Jack Ross and our inability to cultivate strikers for the last 20 years are two of my bugbears.