Will we regret not appointing Jack Ross as our Manager

Bauldrick

No, Going by sunderland until I die he's another Craig Levein, I think we chose a better/more exciting manager in stendel. 

As for nisbet he could be a brilliant signing for them and end up at the OF next year or he could be an absolute dud and warming the bench at hibs, its only 2 games into the new season.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Leveins Battalion

• Bauldrick

JamboAl1965

Is this the Jack Ross that managed them to 7th and was In charge at the last home derby drubbing against the hearts teams lots of people seem to think is the worst performing hearts team in decades. Mmmmmmm that will be a no then 

The Apprentice
2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Have you not seen Sunderland 'til I die?

CL2

Correct. The same criticism was leveled at him from Sunderland fans. Too cautious and more worried about the opposition, defensive minded when going a goal up, not getting best out of the players.

Two good results for Hibs but let’s not pretend it’s anything more than that. 

ToadKiller Dog

Just think when Jack Ross in 15 years time is taking Man United to his 3rd Champions League trophy, hibs fans will look back with glee and another chapter will be added to the bumper book of Hibs facts .

While we will forever run the one that got away. 

On a side its great to see hibs getting carried away as we all know what tends to come next .

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

Cardiff Hearts

Ross and Robbie are two up and coming youngish Scottish managers who have stuttered in England.

Big season for both in their respective leagues. Robbie needs to replicate his previous Championship success to show he can manage at a higher level, Ross needs to get Hibs up table and into Europe. 

Nesbit is a talent but let’s see if the laddie can sustain it - disappointed we missed out on him but Boyce a more experienced and proven international striker.

Not sure Ross was first choice, certainly in the frame, but Hibs made him the offer quick and he didn't hang about which is understandable for anybody out of a job. Nisbet getting away is just one added cost of the shocking fitba that ended with the loss at St Mirren and landing in the Championship. Maybe Gogic also. Not that I trust they'd have been signed, the signing policy has been rotten for years.

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Saw Jack Ross at the wee Shop in Whitecraig last week,he is a weird guy.

Reminds me of Ted Bundy.          :cornette:

What a disgraceful comparison. You should be ashamed of yourself. 

Ted Bundy had charisma. 

Leveins Battalion
29 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Ted bundy :rofl:

Can somebody please put Ted Bundy's head on Jack Ross's body in a Hibs kit .:gok:

Kenneth Dubeke
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Not getting out of that division with the money he had at his disposal was a total shocker. 

That's true. Getting relegated with the budget we had last season is on an altogether different level. 

Ross certainly got far more points from his appointment last season than we did under Stendel. 

Kenneth Dubeke
21 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Not sure Ross was first choice, certainly in the frame, but Hibs made him the offer quick and he didn't hang about which is understandable for anybody out of a job. Nisbet getting away is just one added cost of the shocking fitba that ended with the loss at St Mirren and landing in the Championship. Maybe Gogic also. Not that I trust they'd have been signed, the signing policy has been rotten for years.

I don't believe Ann Budge would've appointed Jack Ross 

Certainly not a loss as far as I'm concerned.  Hibs are welcome to him 

2 hours ago, Bauldrick said:

Will we regret not having Jack Ross at Tynecastle, and would he have signed 'hat-trick Nisbet' to bang in the goals in a maroon shirt? 

Sure

1 minute ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

I was quite keen on Ross, although I preferred a Wright or Warnock to shake it up. Ross certainly improved HIbs which suggests he knows what he's doing.

I’d much rather have my auntie Marion Ross as a manager than Jack Ross. I think we have a better manager in Robbie Neilson. 

Boyces beard
1 hour ago, JamboAl1965 said:

Is this the Jack Ross that managed them to 7th and was In charge at the last home derby drubbing against the hearts teams lots of people seem to think is the worst performing hearts team in decades. Mmmmmmm that will be a no then 

This

39 minutes ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

Not if she was still in communication with CL she wouldn't.

Leveins Battalion

I take it back he is creepier than Ted Bundy.

Hibs can keep him.Always find his interviews not genuine,the bit on Sunderland till I die when he introduces himself is painfull to watch.

aviary-image-1596978160925.jpeg

coatbridgejambo
2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Saw Jack Ross at the wee Shop in Whitecraig last week,he is a weird guy.

Reminds me of Ted Bundy.          :cornette:

This. I just saw him climb in to a yellow VW Beatle with a cast on his arm. 

:laugh2: Is this the same Jack Ross who was in the Hibs dugout when we hammered them senseless last season?

Nah, Robbie is a better manager and will get us back to where we should be. 

It's early season form. Some teams are in better shape than others. Motherwell have lost two from two, i don't think they'll be where they are now come the end of the season. 

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

This thread being a prime of example of what I was describing yesterday, in some of the failings of JKB.

Indeed. Great to see some old faces though.

8AE52E50-8493-42F9-8044-71CABC0EB093.jpeg

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 hour ago, Mr Rabbit said:

🤣🤣🤣 after two games they think he’s the messiah.

He's not the messiah but, when with us, wasn't he a very naughty boy?

colinmaroon
25 minutes ago, Barack said:

This thread being a prime of example of what I was describing yesterday, in some of the failings of JKB.

You are most definitely a true prophet, sir.

18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Apparently he drives up from Sunderland and back every day, that’s commitment for you. 

That’s stupidity for you. **** that everyday !

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

No and who really gives a flying feck about the hobos on here 

All the Hibs fans and OP, obviously.

Theyve won a couple of games. Just give them the title 

17 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Did we "Welease Woss"?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

That’s stupidity for you. **** that everyday !

Certainly not looking to hang around. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Yes but considering his boss was too it was slightly hypocritical. 

Well I seem to have stirred up a hornet's nest with what I thought was a simple question with no hidden agenda, my thinking was based on my lack of enthusiasm for the appointment of Robbie, I just think we could have done better, his record in England was just as poor as Ross at Sunderland. As for the non-thinkers who branded me as from the dark side of Fester Road, I have been a Hearts supporter from the glory days of Conn, Bauld and Wardhaugh which I think entitles me to an opinion, and just because I get a bit peed off  when Hibs appear to be doing a bit better than us (not too often I must add) it does not entitle anyone to brand me a subversive Hibby,  well, that's my OAP rant over.

been here before
20 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

Well I seem to have stirred up a hornet's nest with what I thought was a simple question with no hidden agenda, my thinking was based on my lack of enthusiasm for the appointment of Robbie, I just think we could have done better, his record in England was just as poor as Ross at Sunderland. As for the non-thinkers who branded me as from the dark side of Fester Road, I have been a Hearts supporter from the glory days of Conn, Bauld and Wardhaugh which I think entitles me to an opinion, and just because I get a bit peed off  when Hibs appear to be doing a bit better than us (not too often I must add) it does not entitle anyone to brand me a subversive Hibby,  well, that's my OAP rant over.

You really havent.

No-one is angry, most folk are laughing and everyone agrees it was shite.

Edited by been here before

Samuel Camazzola
5 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I take it back he is creepier than Ted Bundy.

Hibs can keep him.Always find his interviews not genuine,the bit on Sunderland till I die when he introduces himself is painfull to watch.

aviary-image-1596978160925.jpeg

More Al Bundy if you ask me. 

giphy.gif&ehk=1EJ1DannJK065JSpwyDKruMD8P

Can see Ross working in a shoe shop. 

Leveins Battalion

I think the thing to remember is that Steve Robinson and Gary Holt were dubbed the next big thing by some of us on here  ( me with Robinson) 🤣 and look how they have started.🙈

I am delighted to have Robbie.🇱🇻🇱🇻

Independence
8 hours ago, Bauldrick said:

Will we regret not having Jack Ross at Tynecastle, and would he have signed 'hat-trick Nisbet' to bang in the goals in a maroon shirt? 

They have only played TWO games. Jeez.