• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JamboRossi79
9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

thats why ECL would be better lol 

You realise that likely AZ will be in the Conference League groups, this was a qualifier for that tournament not the Europa League. There will be quality teams in both competitions

31 minutes ago, sadj said:

Hearts 7-0 Hamilton always grated on me with that til the Cowdenbeath game

I remember it well, sadj.

I wasn't at 10-0 so Hamilton, 1986/87, is still the biggest Hearts win I've witnessed.

1-7 at Clyde, too, in 1982.

Won a few quid tonight, though.

Not enough to retire on but a win is a win. 😊

HeartsandonlyHearts
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Wonder who from Hearts went over. 

They won’t have learned much unless we play the Dutch later. Utd are NOT a good team.

1 minute ago, lmc1 said:

Is Hibs v Malmo still the record for worst defeat? Hope so! 🙂

It was at home so, yes.

5 minutes ago, lmc1 said:

Definitley, Hibs were playing at home. Sellick and Utd were away.

6 minutes ago, lmc1 said:

Worst home defeat.

Absolutely.  

Beauty of it is the 7-0 scoreline.

Hahaha ad for Dundee Utds '87 European adventure, straight after the match on BBC Scotland. Nothing like rubbing it in eh ? :rofl:

Edited by whodanny

Motherwell

Motherwell 0-1 Sligo Rovers
Sligo Rovers 2-0 Motherwell

Motherwell oot.

Dundee United
Dundee United 1-0 AZ Alkmaar

AZ Alkmaar 7-0 Dundee United

Dundee United oot.

:gok: :vrface:

Percival King

This is United's result, not ours or any other Scottish team's, but it does reflect really badly on Scottish football and fuel the belief a lot of folk outside Scotland have that everything outwith the uglies is crap.

7 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Worst home defeat.

Absolutely.  

Beauty of it is the 7-0 scoreline.

Worst over 2 legs too. At least utd scored unlike albion road social club

Their defence was an absolute mess , schoolboy stuff.  AZ scored a couple of belters but jeez it was awful defending all night. If they play like that on Sunday it’s open season for Mackay, Forrest and Shankland. 
But we know they won’t 

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Their defence was an absolute mess , schoolboy stuff.  AZ scored a couple of belters but jeez it was awful defending all night. If they play like that on Sunday it’s open season for Mackay, Forrest and Shankland. 
But we know they won’t 

Maybe Ginnelly could even revive his career. 

Percival King
1 minute ago, Mister T said:

Worst over 2 legs too. At least utd scored unlike albion road social club

And wasn't Celtic's against Barcelona.

AZ are a decent side but towards the end of the game their keeper was allowed to set up a 1 on 1 with a goal kick. 

If Hearts let Barcelona do that i'd be disappointed 

That thing you do
10 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Hahaha ad for Dundee Utds '87 European adventure, straight after the match on BBC Scotland. Nothing like rubbing it in eh ? :rofl:

Thats a you laugh or you cry moment really isnt it.

I personally think United were doing well until the first goal (which started from a foul imo on a united player) and then when the second went in whcih was a zinger and a half you thought..ok long way back. The third was comical and heads just went.

Germany v Brazil all over again - alot like that.

Questions going to be what now? No wins in pre season, kille 92nd minute goal opening day, tame defeat to Livi, then this.

I think United are in for a long hard season unless they can channel it and get something on Sunday as its Celtic after Hearts.

As with Motherwell, I don't really see how anyone else should worry about Scottish football.

It's an embarrassment for Dundee United. Let's just remind them. 

6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

But we know they won’t 

They were so open right from the start. You can only imagine their tactic was to get a goal and sit in.

Full backs in a back 5 pushed right up and not tracking back, leaving huge space behind, meaning the back 3 drifted further and further apart. No one in midfield in any kind of holding role.

They won’t come to Tynecastle that open. If they do, we’re good enough to tear them a new one. I imagine they’ll sit in all day long hoping to escape with a draw

Just now, Morgan said:

Why ever not?

It’s great.

It's largely because I want to see every club in Scotland apart from three do well in Europe and Dundee United isn't one of the three.

That thing you do
Just now, Kiwidoug said:

It's largely because I want to see every club in Scotland apart from three do well in Europe and Dundee United isn't one of the three.

This

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

That’s your choice, Dougal.

It’s certainly not mine.

Och well, let’s get the flags out for the likes of Dundee and St. Mirren.  👍

That thing you do
4 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Guaranteed that goalie turns into Buffon on Saturday 😂

1-0 Hearts

He actually is a highly rated Keeper by the way. And was MVP in the A league and has played at Swansea. He was thrown into a debut 24 hours after getting to Scotland from Australia and hes definitely had the jitters early on. In theory he isnt a bad signing so the Buffon part might well happen.

12 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

Thats a you laugh or you cry moment really isnt it.

I personally think United were doing well until the first goal (which started from a foul imo on a united player) and then when the second went in whcih was a zinger and a half you thought..ok long way back. The third was comical and heads just went.

Germany v Brazil all over again - alot like that.

Questions going to be what now? No wins in pre season, kille 92nd minute goal opening day, tame defeat to Livi, then this.

I think United are in for a long hard season unless they can channel it and get something on Sunday as its Celtic after Hearts.

They MUST not get anything on Sunday. Imagine what that might do to OUR moral.

Looked seriously exposed out wide. I imagine they will park the bus on Sunday, just to get some kind of result. Won't be easy but we can surely beat them. Keeper and rest of defence looked terrible. Hope we go with an attacking formation & have a real go at them. 

18 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Guaranteed that goalie turns into Buffon on Saturday 😂

1-0 Hearts

If he does it Saturday that is fine….

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Honestly it seems a bit mental for any Hearts fan to be laughing at this. Horrendous. 

If nothing else it’s just a case of relief it was DUFC not us, to give us this Hibs Malmo type warning.

In all the hype about getting to Europe folk can forget the quality you are coming up against… this can so easily happen if you’re off the boil for even 10-15 minutes of a game. 

Doesn't matter. 

I'll laugh at this the same way I'd laugh at Hibs getting beat in the lc group stages or getting humped in Glasgow, even although it could happen to us. 

Iighten up, other teams will laugh at us if we get battered in games. 

We will get battered in some games, such as life. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Now that I have worked out which competition everyone is in…

Without getting into a spat, Ross set Untied up in a pretty attacking 4-3-3. With at least 2 if not 3 of the midfield being attack minded.

Sometimes setting up with two many attacking players is not the right way to go.

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Short memory. 

After the vote, taking us to court and making sure we got demoted they should be one of your 3 or make your list 4.

"Oot the, game" comments by their slimey arse of a a solicitor. 

Absolutely glorious they got smashed. 

We beat them on Sunday, they'll have 1 from 9 points and have a 7-0 defeat under they belt already. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Honestly it seems a bit mental for any Hearts fan to be laughing at this. Horrendous. 

If nothing else it’s just a case of relief it was DUFC not us, to give us this Hibs Malmo type warning.

In all the hype about getting to Europe folk can forget the quality you are coming up against… this can so easily happen if you’re off the boil for even 10-15 minutes of a game. 

100% agree with this

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Now that I have worked out which competition everyone is in…

Without getting into a spat, Ross set Untied up in a pretty attacking 4-3-3. With at least 2 if not 3 of the midfield being attack minded.

Sometimes setting up with two many attacking players is not the right way to go.

They never believed enough.