• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Short memory. 

After the vote, taking us to court and making sure we got demoted they should be one of your 3 or make your list 4.

"Oot the, game" comments by thee slimey arse of a a solicitor. 

Absolutely glorious they got smashed. 

We beat them on Sunday, they'll have 1 from 9 points and have a 7-0 defeat under they belt already. 

Superb reminder 

United look like they've spunked their budget on a couple of decent players and the rest of the team is honking. Focus on the weak players on Sunday and we should pump them. 

Pasquale for King

Although there’s less money to be made the Conference league might be better for our first season, they can’t all be as good as AZ .  . .  .  .  Can they 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?!?!

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

EVq5pPPXgAEuCDT?format=jpg&name=large

Some of us have longer memories, Dug.

No need for long memories to understand that this was a beautiful night of football. 

11 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Dundee getting trashed woman's football Euro style. Scottish football needs a wake-up call...Dire... 

They are even worse than United.

If Robbie didn't spend his evening watching that, rubbing his hands together with glee, then I'd be very, very disappointed. 

What an absolute embarrassment from top to bottom.  Fly back to Scotland in disgrace tomorrow, and then trying to get on with training on Saturday with that in their minds...  This is said every single game, but we need to get out of the traps and just absolutely fly at them from the off. If they lose an early goal, I could see them crumbling and packing it in. Their away fans will not tolerate it, and will go right against them if they go a goal down.

Use tonight to our advantage and let them worry about playing us, rather than worrying about what they're up to. 

Their goalkeeper is a total huddy, and anyone with half a chance needs to shoot; not trying to do anything fancy and blasting it over the bar from miles out, but just put it toward goal with a bit of pace and let them **** it up.

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, Barack said:

Still would. Even at 60. 

What?!

Can’t stand her . . . . But yeah probably 🤦🏽

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

If Robbie didn't spend his evening watching that, rubbing his hands together with glee, then I'd be very, very disappointed. 

What an absolute embarrassment from top to bottom.  Fly back to Scotland in disgrace tomorrow, and then trying to get on with training on Saturday with that in their minds...  This is said every single game, but we need to get out of the traps and just absolutely fly at them from the off. If they lose an early goal, I could see them crumbling and packing it in. Their away fans will not tolerate it, and will go right against them if they go a goal down.

Use tonight to our advantage and let them worry about playing us, rather than worrying about what they're up to. 

Their goalkeeper is a total huddy, and anyone with half a chance needs to shoot; not trying to do anything fancy and blasting it over the bar from miles out, but just put it toward goal with a bit of pace and let them **** it up.

You’re right of course but teams usually tighten up drastically in their next game, I can remember Hibs getting beat 7 nil at Ibrox and we played them down there days later. We scored early through Neil Pointon but got beat 2:1. 

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

That’s your choice, Dougal.

It’s certainly not mine.

Och well, let’s get the flags out for the likes of Dundee and St. Mirren.  👍

I wouldnt get the flags out exactly but I most certainly would hope they did well.

No Idle Talk

I know there will be folk laughing at Dundee Utd tonight but I take no pleasure out of that result. I wanted them to get through. Its actually sad to see them get humiliated like that. Not good. 

As far as Sunday goes, I feel like this result - weirdly - puts more pressure on us. There will be a fair number of Jambos out there who will lose their minds if we don't win on Sunday after them losing 7-0. I do think we will win on Sunday but football does not always work that way. Dundee Utd might come out on Sunday twice as motivated after that result tonight. So if we don't take all three points on Sunday it does not necessarily mean we are shite because we didn't beat a team that just lost 7-0. I hope folk will bear that in mind if we don't get the result we want. 

Edited by No Idle Talk

That thing you do
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Short memory. 

After the vote, taking us to court and making sure we got demoted they should be one of your 3 or make your list 4.

"Oot the, game" comments by their slimey arse of a a solicitor. 

Absolutely glorious they got smashed. 

We beat them on Sunday, they'll have 1 from 9 points and have a 7-0 defeat under they belt already. 

I dont think the beef about that is with United, arguably should be more Dundee, since their were shenanigans in the voting. United were top of the Championship and had to vote for themselves to go up, I dont think they can be blamed for that.

The court case was, I think, a misunderstanding. Hearts went to get a ruling and United felt even though (technically) they didnt need to be represented, their legal advice was to go. If anything Hearts pulled United into court. Dundee is where your anger should be placed imo.

No Idle Talk
4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

#OnlyHearts

They, other than the architects - Celtic, were one of the main beneficiaries of the shambles/corruption that was the SPFL around April 2020. 

It's fecking hilarious to see them get humiliated like that. Hope those two skippety-hop trumpets are walking back to Dundee tonight.

Have never met a normal Dundee United fan. Each and every last one of them is a social reject and should be treated with the disdain they deserve.

I'm not going to debate Dundee Utds part in our demotion. 

All I'll say is I know two or three Dundee Utd fans and they are sound lads who are good to chat football with. Maybe you are hanging around with the wrong Arabs. 

Bottom line is Motherwell out. Dundee Utd out. We have a game v Swiss champions. Out? But in again for a lesser competition.  Scottish football is shite. That's not opinion. That's fact. Nobody should gain pleasure from that. But never mind Europe. We have the SPL to look forward to 👍

No Idle Talk
Just now, Henroddy said:

Bottom line is Motherwell out. Dundee Utd out. We have a game v Swiss champions. Out? But in again for a lesser competition.  Scottish football is shite. That's not opinion. That's fact. Nobody should gain pleasure from that. But never mind Europe. We have the SPL to look forward to 👍

You're not wrong. And I don't think that is something any of us should be revelling in. We need to get our coefficient up. Look at how having a good coefficient has benefited us this season. If it wasn't for what Rangers have done in Europe over the last few seasons we would not be guaranteed group stage European football this season. That's the reality of it.

But being honest, I cannot bring myself to cheer on the Old Firm or Hibernian in Europe. I just can't. So for us to get the coefficient up, I need to try and put my domestic grievances aside temporarily and hope for other Scottish teams to win a few games. When I see the likes of Dundee Utd and Motherwell playing in Europe I hope for them to get through a few rounds and get some coefficient points. They're both out in the first round. It's not great. It's going to be very tough for us to get past Zurich. That could be three teams humped in the first tie they play. You're right, it does not reflect well on Scottish Football.

47 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I'm not going to debate Dundee Utds part in our demotion. 

All I'll say is I know two or three Dundee Utd fans and they are sound lads who are good to chat football with. Maybe you are hanging around with the wrong Arabs. 

grandma-fuck-em-1.gif

No Idle Talk
Just now, Bauld said:

grandma-fuck-em-1.gif

I understand the sentiment. Honestly I do.

But.....

Do you agree that Scotland needs to get it's coefficient up?

If so, would you rather see the Old Firm or Dundee Utd getting it up?

Obviously I want us to play a prominent role in getting the coefficient up. But if we're going to get it up and the Old Firm are going to fail(which I enjoy seeing) then you have to hope for teams like Dundee Utd and Motherwell to do something. That's really my thinking behind what I'm saying.

7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

It's largely because I want to see every club in Scotland apart from three do well in Europe and Dundee United isn't one of the three.

Interestingly Morgan in the Dundee United match thread you said precisely the same thing.

We are as one on this matter and that's good.

5 hours ago, Henroddy said:

Us going out to Zurich is far from a formality. We have a keeper that can actually stop the ball going in the net. Bring a respectable result back to Tynecastle and we have every chance.  

Utd absolutely **** the bed last night. We shouldn’t even be comparing ourselves to them.

A_A wehatethehibs
8 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

thats why ECL would be better lol 

Nah come on man where’s yer baws. Man United, if Brighton can do a job at Old Trafford Hearts can take ‘em. 7k away section for that one! 

6 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

I understand the sentiment. Honestly I do.

But.....

Do you agree that Scotland needs to get it's coefficient up?

If so, would you rather see the Old Firm or Dundee Utd getting it up?

Obviously I want us to play a prominent role in getting the coefficient up. But if we're going to get it up and the Old Firm are going to fail(which I enjoy seeing) then you have to hope for teams like Dundee Utd and Motherwell to do something. That's really my thinking behind what I'm saying.

For what point and purpose?

Ok, The coefficient goes up. So what? Where do we benefit? 

1 hour ago, haj said:

Us going out to Zurich is far from a formality. We have a keeper that can actually stop the ball going in the net. Bring a respectable result back to Tynecastle and we have every chance.  

Utd absolutely **** the bed last night. We shouldn’t even be comparing ourselves to them.

Zurich are struggling and a poor start against us could see their heads drop. 

As long as we are not passive and actually play to win then we have a chance of exploiting their weaknesses. 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

You're not wrong. And I don't think that is something any of us should be revelling in. We need to get our coefficient up. Look at how having a good coefficient has benefited us this season. If it wasn't for what Rangers have done in Europe over the last few seasons we would not be guaranteed group stage European football this season. That's the reality of it.

But being honest, I cannot bring myself to cheer on the Old Firm or Hibernian in Europe. I just can't. So for us to get the coefficient up, I need to try and put my domestic grievances aside temporarily and hope for other Scottish teams to win a few games. When I see the likes of Dundee Utd and Motherwell playing in Europe I hope for them to get through a few rounds and get some coefficient points. They're both out in the first round. It's not great. It's going to be very tough for us to get past Zurich. That could be three teams humped in the first tie they play. You're right, it does not reflect well on Scottish Football.

You can do both tho. 

If Utd had went through then it would have been a good result and praise would have been in order. 

Same for Motherwell, it would have been good. 

They never tho, they were 5-0 down at Ht and got beat 7-0 and deserve a slagging for it. 

It's shite, but Funny as ****. 

If we get humped I'd expect no different from other fans. 

Utd fans are generally sound but they benefited hugely from the vote and had fans marching to raise money. 

They, like many other shite house clubs thought only of themselves and didn't give a **** about us, Partick or the likes. 

So, aye in regards to that -some do have short memories.

So **** Utd too. 

August Landmesser

I look at the co-efficient going up as compensation for the OF (and anyone else) having a good European run.

The OF (and anyone else) falling flat on their face with their pants round their ankles is compensation for the co-efficient going down.

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Dundee getting trashed woman's football Euro style. Scottish football needs a wake-up call...Dire... 

But raaangurs made the Europa league final. 

All is good. 

Nothing to see here. 

How can a week and Home advantage make such a difference to both teams. 😂😂

Bodo done the same v Linfield. 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

I look at the co-efficient going up as compensation for the OF (and anyone else) having a good European run.

The OF (and anyone else) falling flat on their face with their pants round their ankles is compensation for the co-efficient going down.

We'll put. 

Can be a win/win scenerio. 

10 hours ago, haj said:

AZ are a decent side but towards the end of the game their keeper was allowed to set up a 1 on 1 with a goal kick. 

If Hearts let Barcelona do that i'd be disappointed 

Was a kick from the keeper's hands. A very good one at that!

Malinga the Swinga

Quite happy to see the bigger picture when it comes to most topics, but not football.

I detest almost every Scottish club bar Hearts, and wish them not but humiliation and misery.

That wasn't embarrassing for anyone other than DUFC, the ***** that owns the club, the ***** that manages the club and the jakey ***** who support the club.

As for their players, they simply don't care.

Does anyone know how the coefficient works?  I'm wondering if DU actually added to it after their first leg win?  Is it a system where you pick up more points for good results against teams that are placed much higher than you?  And do you actually lose points for a defeat?  Does the size of the defeat come into it?  Motherwell were a total embarassment, but DU could potentially have made a net positive contribution to the coefficient.

Harry Potter
10 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Now that I have worked out which competition everyone is in…

Without getting into a spat, Ross set Untied up in a pretty attacking 4-3-3. With at least 2 if not 3 of the midfield being attack minded.

Sometimes setting up with two many attacking players is not the right way to go.

Wikipidia do 2 great websites for the Europa and Conference , fixtures, results dates, the lot.

53 minutes ago, Forrest said:

Does anyone know how the coefficient works?  I'm wondering if DU actually added to it after their first leg win?  Is it a system where you pick up more points for good results against teams that are placed much higher than you?  And do you actually lose points for a defeat?  Does the size of the defeat come into it?  Motherwell were a total embarassment, but DU could potentially have made a net positive contribution to the coefficient.

No.
Only from the play off in the ECL are points added, then the groups of all 3 tourneys. Utd contributed nothing by winning last week.

10 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

I know there will be folk laughing at Dundee Utd tonight but I take no pleasure out of that result. I wanted them to get through. Its actually sad to see them get humiliated like that. Not good. 

As far as Sunday goes, I feel like this result - weirdly - puts more pressure on us. There will be a fair number of Jambos out there who will lose their minds if we don't win on Sunday after them losing 7-0. I do think we will win on Sunday but football does not always work that way. Dundee Utd might come out on Sunday twice as motivated after that result tonight. So if we don't take all three points on Sunday it does not necessarily mean we are shite because we didn't beat a team that just lost 7-0. I hope folk will bear that in mind if we don't get the result we want. 

If the team that loses puts pressure on the team that wins etc etc.

Listen just put last night to one side and pretend they didn’t get a hiding. We’re at home. We’re the 3rd best team in the country by a distance still I believe. If we don’t beat UTD at home, okay it’s not a life threatening disaster but it would mark a pretty uninspiring start to the season and I’d be a wee bit concerned that our window hasn’t been good enough.

They played so open last night. I doubt they will come here and set up like that. But they don’t defend wide very well and they don’t handle crosses very well and their goalkeeper looks vulnerable. They have a bit about them in midfield given space to play but they’ve got yesterday’s men up front.

This ought to be a comfortable win

Edited by JimmyCant

I remember we thumped Cowdenbeath 10-0 then next game they drew 0-0 with Rangers! Football can be a funny game at times. I'm just hoping their keeper plays like that again on Sunday, absolutely honking for a few of the goals! 

That 5th goal for them was a peach. 

What was good to see is they didn't just sit back and think job done at 2, 3, 4 nil.   They absolutely ****ing went for it, and had the ball in the net for a 6th time less than one minute after the half time break.  They could have just kept the ball and had an easy jog around for 45 minutes, but they used United's frustration to make it easy for them. 

We are very guilty of not killing games off, and not taking risks. This was a good example of what happens when you don't. 

2 hours ago, Forrest said:

Points for wins and draws. Very simple. 1-0 win and 7-0 defeat is equal too. 

Arguably Hearts last result was worse (certainly by fan reaction) so Dundee United don't have any advantage going into Sunday's game. Players have the same motivation to rectify things. 

Utd were absolutely shocking.AZ are a decent side at that level but they didn't need to be last night.The scoreline suggest they were amazing and too much too handle but the truth is Utd were just so bad that score could have been any number with AZ not really needing to do much as Utd just kept gifting them chance after chance.

Edited by vegas-voss

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Arguably Hearts last result was worse (certainly by fan reaction) so Dundee United don't have any advantage going into Sunday's game. Players have the same motivation to rectify things. 

This is a very good point.  I'm wondering how Dundee United will react to that shambles, but we have our own disappointment our boys will want to put right.  And say what you want about Robbie, but he has a squad with togetherness and fight in it.  We've almost always got a reaction either in a match or next match to right a wrong.  Expect us to be up for it, professional and tuck them away

BBC lunchtime news just said last night's scoreline equals the worst ever by a Scottish team in Europe.

The only thing I can think of that would make it even more embarrassing would be if it happened at home.

Wonder who it was? :whistling:

8 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Interestingly Morgan in the Dundee United match thread you said precisely the same thing.

We are as one on this matter and that's good.

Are you now quoting yourself, Doug?

That's not a good sign.  :sad: