*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

12 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

Dundee utd goal v Hibs for me goal of the season. Pity it counted for nothing

That was a stoater, especially given the number of defenders he took on.

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last five games:

Rangers 15 points

Celtic 13 points

Hearts 9 points

Motherwell 10 points

Hibs 10 points

Aberdeen 12 points

Top 6 pulling away from the rest.

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, Cade said:

Last five games:

Rangers 15 points

Celtic 13 points

Hearts 9 points

Motherwell 10 points

Hibs 10 points

Aberdeen 12 points

Top 6 pulling away from the rest.

Worth pointing out that we played both the OF in our last 5. Well played Rangers once. Hibs and Aberdeen had easier runs of fixtures. We're in great shape all things considered.

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Definitely. Mikey Stewart saying that it was tight. No way.

Looked well off.  Defender on the line but Nisbet standing behind the keeper so there’s not 2 players playing him on.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Just watching Sportscene. When did Aribo turn into Socrates? Nearly everything good Rangers do involves him. 

Did Socrates play for rangers before? 

😂

Edited by Smith's right boot

9 hours ago, Tazio said:

Sportscene describe Cadden’s goal as “a brilliant passing move” one pass to Boyle, he miss-controls it and Cadden knocks it in. Ridiculous. 

There could be pinball in the box and they get a goal with it deflecting off Boyles arse. They would just say it was great improvisation from Boyle rather than blind luck

18 hours ago, mickycameron98 said:

Dundee utd goal v Hibs for me goal of the season. Pity it counted for nothing

Or another that counted for nothing

mickycameron98
29 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Or another that counted for nothing

Also a beauty! But for me the United goal was better and it was against hibs 😌

Guest ToqueJambo
15 hours ago, Tazio said:

Sportscene describe Cadden’s goal as “a brilliant passing move” one pass to Boyle, he miss-controls it and Cadden knocks it in. Ridiculous. 

I love the focus on Hibs being this mythical attacking, liquid football team. Everyone who watches them, including Hibs fans if they're honest, knows it's not the case but the focus on it in terms of excusing poor results has held them back for over a decade. I'd be more worried if we weren't slagging Hibs off for the flair myth as it might mean they've actually decided to focus on winning games.

15 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

David Turnbull out for at least 2 months according to the papers.  Shame. 😉

Mhanks will ask for another 2 month break  🤣

Didn't realise that Dundee United have lost 5 on the spin. They looked a very decent side at the start of the season and potential outsiders for Europe. Big test for Tam Courts as a very inexperienced manager to try and turn this round.

Down the bottom looks interesting. St Johnstone really struggling for form. Think Davidson deserves to stay on though, even if it is purely based on last seasons accomplishments. Livingston have really picked up some big points, despite losing yesterday, and County were in the ascendancy too. Sure the break will suit a few of these teams nicely though. As long as Dundee go down.

10 hours ago, Locky said:

Didn't realise that Dundee United have lost 5 on the spin. They looked a very decent side at the start of the season and potential outsiders for Europe. Big test for Tam Courts as a very inexperienced manager to try and turn this round.

Down the bottom looks interesting. St Johnstone really struggling for form. Think Davidson deserves to stay on though, even if it is purely based on last seasons accomplishments. Livingston have really picked up some big points, despite losing yesterday, and County were in the ascendancy too. Sure the break will suit a few of these teams nicely though. As long as Dundee go down.

St Johnstone are interesting, how badly wrong do things need to go for them to consider replacing the most successful manager they've ever had?

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

St Johnstone are interesting, how badly wrong do things need to go for them to consider replacing the most successful manager they've ever had?

The biggest argument against sacking them aside from what he did last season, is that he was forced to sell a couple of his best players very late in the transfer window with little time or resources to replace them. I'd be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt during the winter break, and then see how the first few games go after they resume. Quite mad how they've went from one extreme to the other in such a short space of time though.

Just now, **** the SPFL said:

Porteous three game ban misses derby I assume 

No.

Misses Celtic, Cove Rangers and Motherwell.

Back for Livingston before the derby.

Fxxx the SPFL
24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No.

Misses Celtic, Cove Rangers and Motherwell.

Back for Livingston before the derby.

Boo do cup games count 

58 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Porteous three game ban misses derby I assume 

glad he doesn't    he's mince and probably get a red in that game too

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Killie dropping points with 10 men at home to bottom side Morton. 

The sending off had little effect. He walked in the 90th minute. But Killie totally dominated. Morton barely got out of their own half most of the game.  Good result for Morton though and another blow to Killies promotion hopes👍

Fozzyonthefence
On 28/12/2021 at 07:09, Smithee said:

Reminds me of Leicester sacking Ranieri the season after winning the league (if they do of course).

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Killie dropping points with 10 men at home to bottom side Morton. 

Pleasing. Don’t want that pitch and old firm loving mess back up. Hopefully they stay down

5 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Pleasing. Don’t want that pitch and old firm loving mess back up. Hopefully they stay down

Completely agree, hope they stay down for years. Is their chairman not a bit of a bellend as well?

13 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

If they don't come straight back up this season, then I think your wish will come true. I think they'll be ****ed.

2 hours ago, Locky said:

If they don't come straight back up this season, then I think your wish will come true. I think they'll be ****ed.

They will end up down the leagues for seasons a bit like Falkirk and Airdrie , I really hope this happens to them I hate Kilmarnock plastic pitch or not it takes bloody ages to get there and back. The times I've been seen us win 4 times and beat once so no bad record but I'd rather they stay down. 

4 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

They will end up down the leagues for seasons a bit like Falkirk and Airdrie , I really hope this happens to them I hate Kilmarnock plastic pitch or not it takes bloody ages to get there and back. The times I've been seen us win 4 times and beat once so no bad record but I'd rather they stay down. 

I've only been to Kilmarnock once via public transport. The Friday night game a couple of seasons ago. Pleasantly surprised to be back home in Musselburgh for just after midnight. :lol: 

Guest ToqueJambo
On 27/12/2021 at 23:09, Smithee said:

Drawning Hibs in a cup semi final and final is like being handed the trophy. Mind you he did beat Rangers but everyone's beaten Rangers in the cup in recent years.

St Johnstone have been held up as an example of a well run club but they messed up big style in summer. Now Davidson's being given funds to replace the players sold but it's far too late. Will be a good test to see if Davidson can turn it around and prove he's more than a classic flash in the pan manager.

Edited by ToqueJambo

6 minutes ago, Locky said:

I've only been to Kilmarnock once via public transport. The Friday night game a couple of seasons ago. Pleasantly surprised to be back home in Musselburgh for just after midnight. :lol: 

😂 Last time I went got a lift from a mate got stuck in Glasgow bumper to bumper then headed home place was gridlocked, He ended up driving the country home which took longer 😂 It was the game Isma got sent off. We were in the pub before the match ended up in with 5 mins before kick off had to stand beside the young team at the top of the stand as it was sit anywhere. 

Ford Prentice

Just shelled out £12 to Arbroath TV to watch the game against Inverness. Looking forward to seeing Chris Hamilton play for Arbroath. He's been converted into a defensive midfielder by Dick Campbell and getting rave reviews. Hearts contract expires end of season but could he be cover for Beni and Devlin? Hope to get an idea this afternoon.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
4 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Just shelled out £12 to Arbroath TV to watch the game against Inverness. Looking forward to seeing Chris Hamilton play for Arbroath. He's been converted into a defensive midfielder by Dick Campbell and getting rave reviews. Hearts contract expires end of season but could he be cover for Beni and Devlin? Hope to get an idea this afternoon.

I'm doing the same.  Criminal that the Championship doesn't have some sort of TV deal.

John Findlay
22 minutes ago, Queensland Jambo said:

I'm doing the same.  Criminal that the Championship doesn't have some sort of TV deal.

Arbroath are the Scottish football story to date this season. If their second half of the season, is as good as their first half, then regardless of what other managers achieve, then imho, Dick Campbell will have quite rightly been manager of the season/year.

TyphoonJambo
42 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Arbroath are the Scottish football story to date this season. If their second half of the season, is as good as their first half, then regardless of what other managers achieve, then imho, Dick Campbell will have quite rightly been manager of the season/year.

If anyone hasn't done so yet, I highly recommend listening to Dick Campbell on the 2 "sacked in the morning " podcasts. He's got some great stories 

Ford Prentice
2 hours ago, Queensland Jambo said:

There are championship games on BBC Scotland some Friday nights. Next is 14th January Partick Thistle v Kilmarnock. 

Ford Prentice
6 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Is Berra injured or just reached levels that don’t get you in the squad?

Suspended I think.

8 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Suspended I think.

second of what i assume is a three match ban. he was sent off v partick thistle

Ford Prentice

Problems with the Arbroath TV so they're now live streaming on twitter @ArbroathTV.  sorry @ArbroathFC

Edited by Ford Prentice

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Problems with the Arbroath TV so they're now live streaming on twitter @ArbroathTV.  sorry @ArbroathFC

Its on link above. 

Wind doesn't seem to be helping up in Arbroath, not much happening so far

This stream here is a lot clearer than the one on Hesgoal

Edited by Kid A

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Kid A said:

Wind doesn't seem to be helping up in Arbroath, not much happening so far

This stream here is a lot clearer than the one on Hesgoal

Decent effort.  Cheers. 

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Locky said:

Hamilton have really picked up form since John Rankin became their assistant. 3-0 win at Queen of the South today.

I'd hate them to come back up with that crappy pitch