*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Locky said:

Think Wee Mikey's main point was that over the course of a 38 game season, they will not be a severe threat to us in the battle for 3rd. Hibs are far too inconsistent, and Aberdeen are more consistent, albeit consistently pish. We've got that in our locker too, but at the mid-way point of the season, we look a good bit ahead of both teams and hopefully get better in January.

As for the results against both them though, you're right to question. Bitterly disappointing that we've only taken 2 out of a possible 9 against them both so far. Hard to tell if that's because they've raised their game on those days or if we've got it all wrong.

Tbh, I think Aberdeen and Hibs will be 4th and 5th, games, between us should  be close. 

Hopefully we can win a few v them tho, our record like you say is a bit disappointing. 

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Locky said:

Think Wee Mikey's main point was that over the course of a 38 game season, they will not be a severe threat to us in the battle for 3rd. Hibs are far too inconsistent, and Aberdeen are more consistent, albeit consistently pish. We've got that in our locker too, but at the mid-way point of the season, we look a good bit ahead of both teams and hopefully get better in January.

As for the results against both them though, you're right to question. Bitterly disappointing that we've only taken 2 out of a possible 9 against them both so far. Hard to tell if that's because they've raised their game on those days or if we've got it all wrong.

If we played these games now, I reckon the results may have been better. Over our last few games, RN has changed things when Plan A was clearly not working - and he deserves credit for that. If he had dome something similar in the hobos/sheep games, we may have got more points.

8 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

We have lost and drawn against Aberdeen this season, and drawn with Hibs, so what makes you come out with something like that?

There's absolutely nothing between the teams and we can all be utter dross on our day, which we have been in quite a few games this season.

There’s 7 and 9 points between the teams 

Aberdeen striker Christian Ramirez has accused Ryan Porteous of intentionally kicking out at him during the Dons’ defeat at Easter Road on Wednesday night.

hobos.JPG.42889bb22b8a05353e8ee02794afa8a9.JPG

Maroon Sailor

See if you shine a torch through the right ear of Porteous do you think the light will come out of his left ear ?

Malinga the Swinga
11 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Aberdeen striker Christian Ramirez has accused Ryan Porteous of intentionally kicking out at him during the Dons’ defeat at Easter Road on Wednesday night.

hobos.JPG.42889bb22b8a05353e8ee02794afa8a9.JPG

Hopefully will be picked up by compliance officer, but to be honest, who knows what the criteria is.

25 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Hopefully will be picked up by compliance officer, but to be honest, who knows what the criteria is.

sure compliance officer has to receive a complaint, utter negligence from ref not to see it/give red

Edited by Hearts007

Rightly or wrongly Porteous should be a marked man by refs now. There is now at least one incident involving him in every match. It’s such a regular occurrence the press seem to just skim over them now unless an opposing player or manager says something post match. 

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Just watched the Porteous kick out on the Aberdeen player. He meant it alright and should be taken to task. 

I'll make a prediction, based on my many years of watching football. Someone will 'do' him. In other words get him first to protect themselves. 

Of course it's much more difficult nowadays with all the cameras etc but someone will get him. Just a matter of time.

He seems to get particularly wound up against Rangers. May they should re-sign Terry Hurlock on a one match deal. 

On 23/12/2021 at 15:23, Hearts007 said:

sure compliance officer has to receive a complaint, utter negligence from ref not to see it/give red

Been charged now

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Will be back for Derby with fixtures changed.

Might get a 3 match ban due to previous record. 

Good! He loses them more points than he wins them.

Maroon Sailor

Was trying to think who Porteous reminds me of - then it came to me

Dopey.png.881e61e55c71055b0a07a192e3c47110.png

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Was trying g to think who Porteous reminds me of - then it came to me

Dopey.png.881e61e55c71055b0a07a192e3c47110.png

Is he no happy?!

Guest ToqueJambo

Would love to hear the ref's explanation of that Porteous one. It was right in front of him and clear as day.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
On 23/12/2021 at 01:17, Nookie Bear said:

Celtic team last night:

• 29Bain
  • 56Ralston
  • 20Carter-Vickers
  • 57Welsh
  • 5Scales
  • 6Bitton
  • 73Moffat
  • 42McGregor
  • 18Rogic
  • 19Johnston
  • 11Abada

Substitutes

• 3Taylor
  • 16McCarthy
  • 30Shaw.
  • 54Montgomery
  • 65Hazard
  • 88Juranovic

All recognisable players and certainly good enough to beat most in this division.

Not just recognisable but at least half of them are multi-million pound internationalists. The bleating over their injuries is nonsense - we had a much, much worse injury crisis under Levein - without the money to bring in 23 Japanese internationalists in January to solve it - and the media didn't cut us any slack. They have squllions in pounds in the bank and have spent squillions on their squad to be able to cope with missing players.

Big Ange has a bit of a bigger budget Stendel about him. Engaging character, admirable views on how football should be played but he seems married to one style of playing that simply won't work as much as he needs it to in Scotland.

Good that Porteous has been charged but really something needs to be done before he ends somebody’s career.

He says he will never change but he really needs to before that happens.

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Good that Porteous has been charged but really something needs to be done before he ends somebody’s career.

He says he will never change but he really needs to before that happens.

I agree. Hopefully this is the start of him getting picked up for his terrible tackles more often. Dangerous player. 

Now all we need is retrospective action for some of his and his wig-wearing team mates dives. Some of the play acting the boy does is cringeworthy. Boyle dives are just part and parcel of a Hibs game now but just about every set-piece situation, defending or attacking, you’ll see ‘Porto’ hit the deck. Embarrassing stuff from the so called hard man. I think some refs are already wise to it. Would be great to see the compliance officer grow a set and call out both these cheats.

6 hours ago, Tazio said:

He seems to get particularly wound up against Rangers. May they should re-sign Terry Hurlock on a one match deal. 

Why Hurlock? Souness knew how to do a Hibs player.

15 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Now all we need is retrospective action for some of his and his wig-wearing team mates dives. Some of the play acting the boy does is cringeworthy. Boyle dives are just part and parcel of a Hibs game now but just about every set-piece situation, defending or attacking, you’ll see ‘Porto’ hit the deck. Embarrassing stuff from the so called hard man. I think some refs are already wise to it. Would be great to see the compliance officer grow a set and call out both these cheats.

Would be getting it tight in the media if he (Boyle) played for us. Guaranteed. 

10 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Would be getting it tight in the media if he (Boyle) played for us. Guaranteed. 

He would be hounded out the country. 

I see the Hobos have just rejected a £500k bid for their 'multi-million' winger Boyle

Not sure if it was for footballing reasons or to join the Saudi 'High Diving' Olympic team.

Could probably give Tom Daly a run for his money, but Ron must be choking that he is receiving such a high valuation for his star man!!

FTH😍

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Better for us if they had a strong team against Aberdeen. 

nah  if we are good enough for 3rd don't need favours from other teams

3 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

nah  if we are good enough for 3rd don't need favours from other teams

Favours? I’d rather our close opponents don’t get many easier games. 

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Favours? I’d rather our close opponents don’t get many easier games

just need to take care of our own business and the mahnks never found it easier the other night

Edited by Hearts007

4 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

just need to take care of our own business

In a league, unless you are winning all your games, your position is always dependent on other teams results as well as your own. I’d prefer others not to get advantages.  

It will be interesting to see if DUndee really do have a 3-man bench.   2 of whom are allegedly goalies.  I mean .... its not like them to say one thing and then do the opposite, is it ?  😃

William H. Bonney
2 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

St Johnstone allowing fans in .I would love to know who counts that there is only 500 there .must be open to allowing in a lot more in .

Just allowed all their season ticket holders in. 

Skivingatwork
18 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

St Johnstone allowing fans in .I would love to know who counts that there is only 500 there .must be open to allowing in a lot more in .

Probably had to give away free tickets to make the numbers up to 500