*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

We don’t know when we’re playing Hibs do we?

1st Feb,I think

• Replies 63k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aberdeen are awful yet it’s a team 

we couldn’t beat twice this season despite taking the lead in both games. We might be 3rd but we are not hugely better than the teams below us in all honesty. 

If we want to finish 3rd then Sundays game is vital. Must win against a rejuvenated County side. 

Just now, sadj said:

🤣

OK. Works fine for me right at the end of the inevitable "dry January " great way to end it. Be funny as f##k if Boyles away with the socceroos.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

1st Feb,I think

Is that the game that should have been the 3rd derby (i.e. at Tynie) or the rearranged one from Easter Road?

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

OK. Works fine for me right at the end of the inevitable "dry January " great way to end it. Be funny as f##k if Boyles away with the socceroos.

Its the first i was going by Tam and the bloke who laughs at disabilities on Hibs TV they said the 2nd

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Is that the game that should have been the 3rd derby (i.e. at Tynie) or the rearranged one from Easter Road?

Its the new year derby

11 minutes ago, Barack said:

Yeah. They've pretty much written themselves out of 3rd place already, going by their historic defeats tally. Anywhere between 9-12 over the last few seasons.

Look forward to the 19 game unbeaten run...

They lost 15 back in 11-12 season. Think that was Craig Brown's last season in charge. The season before they lost 22 games. :rofl: 

We only lost 20 the season we had a team of kids. :rofl: 

13 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We don’t know when we’re playing Hibs do we?

Hibs lose on the 1st of February. :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, Locky said:

They lost 15 back in 11-12 season. Think that was Craig Brown's last season in charge. The season before they lost 22 games. :rofl: 

We only lost 20 the season we had a team of kids. :rofl: 

:yas: 

Dagger Is Back
46 minutes ago, Steak said:

Wonder if the compliance officer will look at the Porteous stamp

That was a shocker even by his low standards 

Edited by Dagger Is Back

30 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Massive boost for us if we can crush our next two oponents before turning up at Lochend for our late Xmas present.

Hope Beni is back.

We have 4 home games on the bounce now before we go to ER. 👍

Arthur Morgan

There's an Aberdeen fan on Facebook who told me earlier in the season that Aberdeen will finish above Hearts, he's now saying they'll still finish top 6 even though they are having a shite season. I pulled him up about that and he's saying still yes to both, as he's not convinced Hearts will finish top 6! 🤣

Edited by Arthur Morgan

15 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Short memories

7 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Decent start for the wee felly. We welcome the chase. 😊

Oh yes. We do indeed 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
58 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

He should know as he played in plenty games in a Hibs shirt at a half empty ER.

😂

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Some St Mirren kids hadn't even met the senior players before - Goodwin

But Celtic sorely missed Kyogo. Feck aff

Had a glance at the Celtic squad and seems as though they had quite a few youngsters themselves. Not sure if necessary, or just squad rotation from Ange, but if it's the latter he ****ed it. :lol: 

Niemi’s gloves
9 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Some St Mirren kids hadn't even met the senior players before - Goodwin

But Celtic sorely missed Kyogo. Feck aff

Goodwin is also saying that the SPFL “bent the rules” to allow 6 St Mirren youngsters to be recalled from Lowland League clubs.

As far as I can see one (Kieran Offord) started and another (Daniel McManus) was a late sub. 

I can just see Celtic arguing that they should be awarded a 3-0 win and the three points. 

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

8 minutes ago, Locky said:

Had a glance at the Celtic squad and seems as though they had quite a few youngsters themselves. Not sure if necessary, or just squad rotation from Ange, but if it's the latter he ****ed it. :lol: 

He said it was the strongest team he had available tonight. 

Bazzas right boot

Decent result, hibs will not be consistent and threaten us if we keep ticking along nicely as we are.

Aberdeen may have been able to out a wee run together, so they longer they stay shite, the better

We win our next couple of home games we'll be sitting pretty.

I managed to avoid the Hibs v Dons score and just watched Alba 'As Live'. Two average teams slugging it out, methinks.

Neither of these teams should give us anything to worry about.

Porteous!!! His glaikit smiling face having hauled down a Dons player and followed up with a sneaky kick? Deary me!

Just watched the Hibs game on Alba. **** me Aberdeen were absolute dug shite, constantly gave the ball away in midfield, offered very little up front and seemed to want to walk the ball through the middle than stretch the game. Hibs weren’t much better but didn’t need to be, Porteous should’ve seen red for kicking that Ramirez while he was on the deck, Nisbet seemed to have a go at Maloney when he came off but I’m surprised he lasted as long as he did and basically it was give it to Boyle and hope for the best. Any Hearts fan moaning about our performances should try and watch that 90 minutes it was eye bleeding.

The longer Glass is at Aberdeen the better, with that squad of players they should be challenging us for 3rd if not better. I’d take both their forwards if they want away from that shit show.

14 minutes ago, Barack said:

There's a touch of the sociopath about him.

Aye the sort that will end up in bother once his career is over

Granted, the match ended up 0-0, but presumably the Green Brigade will be delighted with another Ange-ball masterclass and these impressive stats:-

Screenshot_20211223-034113_Google.jpg

5 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

I managed to avoid the Hibs v Dons score and just watched Alba 'As Live'. Two average teams slugging it out, methinks.

Neither of these teams should give us anything to worry about.

Porteous!!! His glaikit smiling face having hauled down a Dons player and followed up with a sneaky kick? Deary me!

We have lost and drawn against Aberdeen this season, and drawn with Hibs, so what makes you come out with something like that?

There's absolutely nothing between the teams and we can all be utter dross on our day, which we have been in quite a few games this season.

IveSeenTheLight
6 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Decent result, hibs will not be consistent and threaten us if we keep ticking along nicely as we are.

Aberdeen may have been able to out a wee run together, so they longer they stay shite, the better

We win our next couple of home games we'll be sitting pretty.

aye, we were disappointedly shite last night.

3rd is still Hearts to lose

Interesting now to see what changes can be made in the window

2 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

We have lost and drawn against Aberdeen this season, and drawn with Hibs, so what makes you come out with something like that?

There's absolutely nothing between the teams and we can all be utter dross on our day, which we have been in quite a few games this season.

Er ... em ... yes there is; or have you not seen the table? 🤔

"Mind the Gap". 😁

1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I wouldn’t waste your time worrying about 3rd place. 

And we have already improved our squad for January. 

Ex member of the SaS

Sorry but I watched the Hibs game and the ref was a disgrace. Blew for a foul in the Hibs box that neither the Hibs commentators could figure out why, he also blew for a push in the back of a Hibs player. Hibs corner and a Sheep player heads the ball out, but is shoved in the back doing so, but no foul and corner taken again with Hibs scoring.

Then we have the case of Porteous back heeling the guy on the ground with no card and Allan taking out the Sheep player long after the ball was gone and I mean LONG after, with just a word.

Commentators also moaning about the number of times he stopped the game but forgot it was Hibs players doing the fouling.

9 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Goodwin is also saying that the SPFL “bent the rules” to allow 6 St Mirren youngsters to be recalled from Lowland League clubs.

As far as I can see one (Kieran Offord) started and another (Daniel McManus) was a late sub. 

I can just see Celtic arguing that they should be awarded a 3-0 win and the three points. 

More bending of the rules to benefit septic… this is exactly the type of thing that should be shouted from the rooftops and investigated. 
SPFL and referees now not even trying to hide the fact they’ll stop at nothing to aid septic. Completely, utterly, totally bent!

FTSPFL FTSFA FTtims

3 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

7 points ahead of inconsistent Hibs. 9 points ahead of inconsistent Aberdeen. Motherwell are the team to watch for the moment. They’ve got an easy run coming up until they play us at Tynecastle so we could do with them dropping something

I believe our next 5 games are in Edinburgh. I think we should be double figures clear in third at the end of that run. If that happens, the teams below us are so inconsistent they are not catching us.

We are not a great side. We’re good on our day but not great but we’re the 3rd best side in the country by quite a bit. Only an unforeseen shambles of a run will stop us for 3rd.

27 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

More bending of the rules to benefit septic… this is exactly the type of thing that should be shouted from the rooftops and investigated. 
SPFL and referees now not even trying to hide the fact they’ll stop at nothing to aid septic. Completely, utterly, totally bent!

FTSPFL FTSFA FTtims

St Midden had the chance for an independent review of the running of our game and chose to ignore. No sympathy for them, they are part of the problem.

Ex member of the SaS

The perfect boxing day, Livingston to beat Motherwell, DD utd 0 Hibs 0 , Sheep to beat Dundee, St J to beat Celtic and us to hammer County. Not confident enough to put a coupon on but it's still nice to dream.

16 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

St Midden had the chance for an independent review of the running of our game and chose to ignore. No sympathy for them, they are part of the problem.

Correct... one of these days it'll sink in that backing the OF means nothing to THEM. They'll stab you in the back as soon as they look at you... just look at the hobos, a couple of times over the last couple of seasons they've requested changing their games against the mhanks, only to be told to eff off. Fat lot of good taking the septic boaby does them.

I've no sympathy for st liedown (or the others) either... however, the 'bending' of any rules for the benefit of the OF should always be highlighted no matter who is on the receiving end.

Granted, the match ended up 0-0, but presumably the Green Brigade will be delighted with another Ange-ball masterclass and these impressive stats:-

I still await the scrutiny of Celtic's 30 attempts at goal but only 8 on target. Just over 25% again. That in anyone's book is woeful finishing.

12 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Correct... one of these days it'll sink in that backing the OF means nothing to THEM. They'll stab you in the back as soon as they look at you... just look at the hobos, a couple of times over the last couple of seasons they've requested changing their games against the mhanks, only to be told to eff off. Fat lot of good taking the septic boaby does them.

I've no sympathy for st liedown (or the others) either... however, the 'bending' of any rules for the benefit of the OF should always be highlighted no matter who is on the receiving end.

Absolutely 

Celtic team last night:

• 29Bain
  • 56Ralston
  • 20Carter-Vickers
  • 57Welsh
  • 5Scales
  • 6Bitton
  • 73Moffat
  • 42McGregor
  • 18Rogic
  • 19Johnston
  • 11Abada

Substitutes

• 3Taylor
  • 16McCarthy
  • 30Shaw.
  • 54Montgomery
  • 65Hazard
  • 88Juranovic

All recognisable players and certainly good enough to beat most in this division.

Love it when karma is dished out to these mhanks!

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Aye, I was concerned you guys could put a run together, but getting beat at ER just keeps a good bit distance between us. 

Things can still change but if we can win our next 2 home games then we'll be in a good place the time we play hibs at ER, beat them or avoid defeat there then I think they'll realistically give up on 3rd. 

Still a long way to go, but unless someone goes on a long winning streak (6-10 games type thing) our general consistency should ensure we have a gap. 

IveSeenTheLight
2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Sorry but I watched the Hibs game and the ref was a disgrace. Blew for a foul in the Hibs box that neither the Hibs commentators could figure out why, he also blew for a push in the back of a Hibs player. Hibs corner and a Sheep player heads the ball out, but is shoved in the back doing so, but no foul and corner taken again with Hibs scoring.

Then we have the case of Porteous back heeling the guy on the ground with no card and Allan taking out the Sheep player long after the ball was gone and I mean LONG after, with just a word.

Commentators also moaning about the number of times he stopped the game but forgot it was Hibs players doing the fouling.

Sadly par for the course refereeing

5 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Think Wee Mikey's main point was that over the course of a 38 game season, they will not be a severe threat to us in the battle for 3rd. Hibs are far too inconsistent, and Aberdeen are more consistent, albeit consistently pish. We've got that in our locker too, but at the mid-way point of the season, we look a good bit ahead of both teams and hopefully get better in January.

As for the results against both them though, you're right to question. Bitterly disappointing that we've only taken 2 out of a possible 9 against them both so far. Hard to tell if that's because they've raised their game on those days or if we've got it all wrong.