*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

27 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Id also add that Aberdeen secured a deal for this season that all season ticket holders can opt to watch from home.

A lot take this option up whilst still not wanting to go to crowded events, other games like on Wednesday when the weather was very poor and a lot of people in the North East still not reconnected with power following the storm, they would have opted not to go to the game when they can watch at home

18 minutes ago, Barack said:

They opted to stay at home and watch a game, that they didn't even have power to watch it on a device?

Fair enough. :lol:

:jjyay:

ZestyExemplaryHorsemouse-max-1mb.gif

• Replies 63.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IveSeenTheLight
19 minutes ago, Barack said:

They opted to stay at home and watch a game, that they didn't even have power to watch it on a device?

Fair enough. :lol:

Many were in temporary accommodation / hotels / staying the friends / family, but could then access the access the internet from there

IveSeenTheLight
21 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Didn’t you say when asked at the time, you’d been on holiday and hadn’t been following the news? Surely you’ve had time to read up about it now?

I’m not that bothered to be honest.

I think it’s silly, but it’s not worth getting your knickers in a twist about

IveSeenTheLight
18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Surely, regardless off covid, a businessman should be trying to attract as many customers as he can. Once profits are sacrificed for ‘silly political gesticulating’ it’s time to start worrying imo. It’s not that long ago Dave Cormack said he was going to build a gap between Aberdeen and the other non OF clubs and then he decides to limit the clubs income. I just don’t understand the guy at all. He seems a very contrary type. 

is it restricting income?

Those that want to attend will be able to do so. Those that opt to watch from home virtually through their season ticket can.

IveSeenTheLight
9 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Oh I know, some on here are as obsessed with them as you and your lot. 

Now, can you answer the question? 

what this one?

4 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Your fans definitely give too much attention to this tribute act. Why the big clamour to get tickets for Ibrox to watch a new club? 

I’m not sure it would be described as a big clamour.

It is still nice to beat the tribute act at their home and give the Orcs who follow the tribute act a good GIRFUY.

Its also good to keep reminding them that they let their club die.

The Orcs are the same, but the club is not

1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

is it restricting income?

Those that want to attend will be able to do so. Those that opt to watch from home virtually through their season ticket can.

Well aye, it’s restricting income. If you want to avoid the issue then go ahead, I shouldn’t really need to spell out the advantages of having football fans, both home and away supporters actually in the ground, so I won’t bother. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

what this one?

I’m not sure it would be described as a big clamour.

It is still nice to beat the tribute act at their home and give the Orcs who follow the tribute act a good GIRFUY.

Its also good to keep reminding them that they let their club die.

The Orcs are the same, but the club is not

Agreed. 

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Well aye, it’s restricting income. If you want to avoid the issue then go ahead, I shouldn’t really need to spell out the advantages of having football fans, both home and away supporters actually in the ground, so I won’t bother. 

I prefer to be there, but I’m not convinced that there will be a materially significant difference to the revenue.

I’ve shown before that our turnover is gained through a number of measures and I’d be confident that the next years accounts will be increased on last years

Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

I prefer to be there, but I’m not convinced that there will be a materially significant difference to the revenue.

I’ve shown before that our turnover is gained through a number of measures and I’d be confident that the next years accounts will be increased on last years

Everyone’s accounts will be increased on last years because there were no fans in attendance last year. This year Aberdeen have limited the attendance . If they hadn’t limited the number they allow in they’d have made more money. It’s basic stuff. Why do you think rangers, Celtic, Hibs and Hearts haven’t limited numbers and DC has? All those 4 clubs allow season ticket holders to stream home league games free btw so it’s not that. 

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Everyone’s accounts will be increased on last years because there were no fans in attendance last year. This year Aberdeen have limited the attendance . If they hadn’t limited the number they allow in they’d have made more money. It’s basic stuff. Why do you think rangers, Celtic, Hibs and Hearts haven’t limited numbers and DC has? All those 4 clubs allow season ticket holders to stream home league games free btw so it’s not that. 

Season ticket holders can and are opting to watch from home for a variety of reasons. This reduces the actual attendance WITHOUT impacting the revenue for said ticket.

There is no restriction that would impact a home fan from attending should they wish to.

An argument could be made about restricting away fans of course, but there is so much more to consider there.

Anyway, need to go for now, off to the game

Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

Season ticket holders can and are opting to watch from home for a variety of reasons. This reduces the actual attendance WITHOUT impacting the revenue for said ticket.

There is no restriction that would impact a home fan from attending should they wish to.

An argument could be made about restricting away fans of course, but there is so much more to consider there.

Hope you freeze too death. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Hope you freeze too death. 

Doubt it,he's got a 100% pure wool cock warmer on.

9 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Doubt it,he's got a 100% pure wool cock warmer on.

😂 he’s some man like. Won’t admit they can’t get decent crowds (on numerous occasions) and thinks Dave Cormack can do no wrong. Living in a fantasy land. 

10 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

st johnstone v ross county off 

it actually looks like it is on, im sure they said on SSN that it was off due to weather

8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

it actually looks like it is on, im sure they said on SSN that it was off due to weather

Pitch inspection was at 1:30 np updates since then.

Nelly Terraces
37 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

You & the other 6294 punters you got through the gate midweek. Hope you manage to find a seat! Aberdeen FC a big club right enough..:lol:

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Any Scottish games being streamed?

There will be a stream for all the Scottish top flight games if their club tv are covering it. 

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

There will be a stream for all the Scottish top flight games if their club tv are covering it. 

👍 will watch a bit of the Hobos game see how it goes

Forever Hearts
Just now, Hearts007 said:

I find Red tv is one of the best out of them all for not buffering. 

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

5 mins to kick off and guy on radio says lucky if 4K in the ground 😂

Just now, theshed said:

but they will say it was really 25k

4 minutes ago, theshed said:

They’ve given away 1,300 tickets to NHS  staff and apparently it’s a Hibs kids day too. 

SectionDJambo

Anyone know why Queens Park play at Firhill? I’ve missed this happening before.

They been turfed out of Hampden ? Maybe since the sale?

20 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

I see Hibs v Motherwell is the full match replay 6pm and 11.10pm BBC Alba.

Edited by Mikey1874

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

I see Hibs v Motherwell is the full match replay 6pm BBC Alba.

well will give that a miss then

2 minutes ago, suds66 said:

truly embarrassing, you would be quicker counting the empty seats. 

You’d be there for hours counting the empty seats