*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

IveSeenTheLight
4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

😂 he’s some man like. Won’t admit they can’t get decent crowds (on numerous occasions) and thinks Dave Cormack can do no wrong. Living in a fantasy land. 

You’re quite wrong.

Do Hearts have larger average attendances? Yes

Do Hearts fans contribute more to FoH than Aberdeen fans do to AberDNA? Yes.

I’ve said so previously.

Are these things to be embarrassed about? No. I’d support my team even if it was 200 fans and we were in the highland league.

What you don’t seem to accept however is that those are just two revenue streams and Aberdeen have been able to be far more successful in other areas, hence our larger turnover.

Anyway, back in the top 6, 6 points behind you guys and 4 points from 4th 🤪

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Great manager is Jack Ross.

Hibs are very very lucky to have him.

Probably not playing any worse than last season. 

4 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

You’re quite wrong.

I’ve said so previously.

Are these things to be embarrassed about? No. I’d support my team even if it was 200 fans and we were in the highland league.

What you don’t seem to accept however is that those are just two revenue streams and Aberdeen have been able to be far more successful in other areas, hence our larger turnover.

If you remember how the conversation started I was expressing surprise at DC limiting your crowds to under 10k. I wasn’t after a ‘who has the biggest attendance’ chat as that would be a short conversation. 

If I were an Aberdeen fan I wouldn’t be pleased at that. Long term, growing the club, he needs to get attendances up. Think of the plus points of going to a game, rather than watching on the telly, and you’ll soon come to atmosphere, big games against big clubs. 8k in a ground like pittodrie doesn’t create a buzz about the place. 

Fans going to games where the atmosphere is shit puts them off going back, puts them off taking their bored kids back. Admitting defeat and limiting attendances because you’ve got a bee in your bonnet about covid doesn’t do your club any favours. Once people get into the habit of not going to games they often don’t go back regularly. The fact ST holders can catch the game on club TV (as can Hearts fan btw) is fair enough but it’s no substitute for bums on seats. 

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If you remember how the conversation started I was expressing surprise at DC limiting your crowds to under 10k. I wasn’t after a ‘who has the biggest attendance’ chat as that would be a short conversation. 

If I were an Aberdeen fan I wouldn’t be pleased at that. Long term, growing the club, he needs to get attendances up. Think of the plus points of going to a game, rather than watching on the telly, and you’ll soon come to atmosphere, big games against big clubs. 8k in a ground like pittodrie doesn’t create a buzz about the place. 

Fans going to games where the atmosphere is shit puts them off going back, puts them off taking their bored kids back. Admitting defeat and limiting attendances because you’ve got a bee in your bonnet about covid doesn’t do your club any favours. Once people get into the habit of not going to games they often don’t go back regularly. The fact ST holders can catch the game on club TV (as can Hearts fan btw) is fair enough but it’s no substitute for bums on seats. 

I think it’s a very hard ask to grow the Aberdeen support. The area is full of transient workers who come to the area or indeed move elsewhere through work.

Even at the height of our success (I never usually bring it up, but for context), the club struggled to get huge growing support.

I agree, watching in the flesh I’d far better, but for many, they;re still not ready to do it.

There was only 8.5k there today and despite the poor weather again, we’ll see plenty back.

DC seems to have plenty of ideas to grow the younger support. Far too late for me, but I’m ingrained into supporting the team whatever. Time will tell if his ideas work but there’s certainly plenty of grass roots players that go along I. The Red Shed

If Hearts win tomorrow I’d say 3rd place is largely secured. 

Hibs and Aberdeen are the only real challengers and if Hearts get 3pts tomorrow it is a gap I just don’t see either team making up. 

1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I think it’s a very hard ask to grow the Aberdeen support. The area is full of transient workers who come to the area or indeed move elsewhere through work.

Even at the height of our success (I never usually bring it up, but for context), the club struggled to get huge growing support.

I agree, watching in the flesh I’d far better, but for many, they;re still not ready to do it.

There was only 8.5k there today and despite the poor weather again, we’ll see plenty back.

DC seems to have plenty of ideas to grow the younger support. Far too late for me, but I’m ingrained into supporting the team whatever. Time will tell if his ideas work but there’s certainly plenty of grass roots players that go along I. The Red Shed

Fair enough. You obviously know more about your fan base than I’ll ever know. I do think limiting attendances is the wrong way to go though but we’ve probably bored the forum enough with it already 👍🏻

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

If Hearts win tomorrow I’d say 3rd place is largely secured. 

Hibs and Aberdeen are the only real challengers and if Hearts get 3pts tomorrow it is a gap I just don’t see either team making up. 

Id agree. 3rd spot is for Hearts to lose.

Despite our really poor start, 4th should still be easily achievable

Hobo game on  tv, (Alba), no way is that ground 75% full (15000), more like 9000 if that, another made

up crowd

Why do they constantly tell porkies about their crowds, joke of a club.

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Actual? 😊

That's a cracking price. Often costs circa £6 for 4x330 here.

Actual.  🤓

2 Euros 84 cents here for 4 x 330 cans of Peroni.

Moretti is even cheaper and the higher strength, and better taste, Nastro Azzurro is 1.35 for a 66cl bottle.

It’s all good.

kingantti1874
59 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

You’re quite wrong.

I’ve said so previously.

it won’t be larger next year.. the main difference was sporting and TV revenue and that won’t happen again.

IveSeenTheLight
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

it won’t be larger next year.. the main difference was sporting and TV revenue and that won’t happen again.

I beg to differ. Only a year to wait and see though 😂

12 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Actual.  🤓

2 Euros 84 cents here for 4 x 330 cans of Peroni.

Moretti is even cheaper and the higher strength, and better taste, Nastro Azzurro is 1.35 for a 66cl bottle.

It’s all good.

Love Moretti.

Great prices over there.

We're taxed to the hilt here, as per.

Joyeux Noèl when it comes, bud. 🎄 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Morrisons were doing 12 bottles for £8 on various lagers a while back. 

I got 20 cases delivered. 

Cheers Smith's. I'll check out what they're offering now.

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

It’s not really a case of begging to differ.. if you swapped aberdeens sporting and TV revenues with hearts last season and he prior seasons the outcome would be definitive..

to add to this, our hospitality, despite not yet utilising the whole second floor is far superior and used day in day out.

as you say only a year to wait, but as long as we don’t miss out on net millions of tv revenues and prize money I don’t see how it’s possible 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Probably not playing any worse than last season. 

I agree. No Hearts and an Aberdeen in free fall gave a false impression of their form last year.   Strange how the media seem to respond to Hibs and seem to think they are better than they are and constantly talk them up.  

45 minutes ago, martoon said:

Love Moretti.

Great prices over there.

We're taxed to the hilt here, as per.

Joyeux Noèl when it comes, bud. 🎄 

You too, my friend.  :santa2:

33 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

I agree. No Hearts and an Aberdeen in free fall gave a false impression of their form last year.   Strange how the media seem to respond to Hibs and seem to think they are better than they are and constantly talk them up.  

Plus that massive gap in points between them and their cousins last year.. Diabolicle stuff.

5 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Aberdeen is an absolute pit, the fact you spend so much time on a Hearts forum shows how pish your club is.

maroonlegions

Green mob singing their usual terrorist anthems at UTD..

We should cut their allocation at Tynie..  Only way to keep those horrible **** away from Gorgie.

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

**** off Walker, United boy would have been through

Aye the wee dick thinks he is on Celtic TV.

5 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

Cracking goal to be fair. 

defending was awful, they all just stood off him and let him waltz through half the team

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

Reminds me of our midweek game against them, 2nd half Utd might get more into it

Celtic try to bury teams in the first half. If you’re within a goal of them by the last half hour you have a chance imo. Teams need to open up and go for it more near the end of games against them.  

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

United need to get Butcher on to start putting a few challenges in.

Yip, too much backing off .

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Celtic try to bury teams in the first half. If you’re within a goal of them by the last half hour you have a chance imo. Teams need to open up and go for it more near the end of games against them.  

👍