*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

The key question for me is - would a foul have been given outside the box? Personally, I don’t believe it would. 

The ref was desperately seeking to give the usual leg up to the old firm.  Even the sky anchor did not think it was a genuine penalty, hence the interrogation of the two true blue pundits and even they struggled to justify it without blushing.

it is like watching Saturday morning wrestling in the 70s. Everyone knows the result is a forgone conclusion and big daddy wins in the end, but no one is prepared say so. It is a self licking lollipop. 

Such a tin pot league!

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Turned onto Spurtscene by mistake. Who is that utter trumpet sat next to Neil McCann? Total cliche fashion boy, looks like a right fecking twat! 

His wife obviously buys all his gear

11 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Halks is better than him 

Over 3 seasons with us Halkett has had more ordinary performances than good ones. He's on form at the moment mind.

I think Porteous will go on to have a decent career down south or at Parkhead.

2 minutes ago, S Form said:

Ain’t his wife that annoying singer Amy Macdonald?

Wee sceemie aye

Edited by buzzbomb1958
Spelling

45 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

I left work early to go to the gym. 
Please please please tell me it was never a penalty. 

100% penalty I'm afraid, god knows what the boy was complaining about.

Samuel Camazzola
8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not beat Rangers all home since 2006, 19 games? Don’t hear that stat much hahahahaha 😆.

Can't be right. When we were walking away with the title, I'm sure they beat them 4-0 around Christmas/New Year. 

Unless someone rolled out the star referring to the top-flight...

Forever Hearts
27 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Can't be right. When we were walking away with the title, I'm sure they beat them 4-0 around Christmas/New Year. 

Unless someone rolled out the star referring to the top-flight...

That was the Championship. They haven't beat them in the top flight since 2006. 

IveSeenTheLight
7 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

H1b5 and aberdeen level on points in the battle to be mid table sh1te! 

😁

Aye, we’ve been shite this year but still only 3 win behind you 😉

kingantti1874
19 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

that’s quite a lot of wins, not bad for outlets first season back .. Aberdeen won’t finish within 15 points of us.. 

btw. 6000 for a home game.. 😂😂😂😂 that is unreal 

Edited by kingantti1874

A_A wehatethehibs
18 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

*And 10,000 fans in attendence behind us as well. 6k crowd last night you’re on par with st mirren and Dundee as a club. 

26 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I'd be more worried about the 7 points to the relegation spot when the teams below you all have games in hand.

Big battle coming up for Aberdeen in the bottom six...

Forever Hearts
53 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Or 9 points and a game in hand.

44 minutes ago, Boab said:

What on earth is that ?

From their new ‘ultras’ named Block 7😂 Apparently singing IRA songs and chucking flares onto the pitch. All very Celticy if you ask me!

2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

*And 10,000 fans in attendence behind us as well. 6k crowd last night you’re on par with st mirren and Dundee as a club. 

Correct. And if they keep shelling out the dosh like they are doing it'll be curtains. An unsustainable slippery slope for the Dons.

3 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

And we're only 3 wins behind Rangers to be top of the league.  It's a pointless statistic though, without actually winning the games that matter.

Thousands of ST's and a modern stadium behind too.

Fozzyonthefence
4 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Only 3 wins is quite a lot when you’ve only won 5 and lost 8 of your first 16 games.  I’d be more concerned with  only a 5 point gap to the relegation play off spot.   And getting embarrassing crowds of 6,295!  Maybe you should copy Falkirk’s stadium, think they have a capacity of around 6k - it could be bouncing every game if you get one like that.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, martoon said:

Thousands of ST's and a modern stadium behind too.

🤣🤣🤣👍

5 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

3 wins when you've won 5 in 16

6000 at your place last night. At what point do they think the best option is just to close the rickety old stand and use the remaining 3 until the new ground is built? In about 20 years.

Samuel Camazzola
7 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

That was the Championship. They haven't beat them in the top flight since 2006. 

👍 That's what I mentioned. 

IveSeenTheLight

The weather was pretty bad and many still have to deal with issues at home with still a loss of power from the storm..

There are loads of season ticket holders that buy the season ticket but only make a certain number of games. We have three, regularly only two make it and last night it was just one.

It was a low crowd, but not something to get so worked up about

As for the points gap, it may be tough to catch Hearts as you have a decent squad, but things can change quickly so we look upwards and we’ll see where we end up.

December is a good month for us to have the opportunity to pick up points.

Hopefully you’re looking over your shoulders at us soon 😉

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

The weather was pretty bad and many still have to deal with issues at home with still a loss of power from the storm..

There are loads of season ticket holders that buy the season ticket but only make a certain number of games. We have three, regularly only two make it and last night it was just one.

As for the points gap, it may be tough to catch Hearts as you have a decent squad, but things can change quickly so we look upwards and we’ll see where we end up.

Tend to agree regarding football can change quickly. 

Out of all the clubs you could be the team to string a number of wins together. 

However, you could continue to struggle and be shite. 

Below 7k is a shocker tho, and the fact you capped the crowds at 10k  to save money is  laughable. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

40 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I thought clubs announced tickets sold as the official attendance for SPFL games ?  That would mean you have maximum of 6,000ish season ticket holders. Maybe you are in more trouble financially than you think. 

25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tend to agree regarding football can change quickly. 

Out of all the clubs you could be the team to string a number of wins together. 

However, you could continue to struggle and be shite. 

Below 7k is a shocker tho, and the fact you capped the crowds at 10k  to save money is  laughable. 

...especially as it was Cormack and dungcaster who were the cheerleaders for getting fans back in!

IveSeenTheLight
29 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I thought clubs announced tickets sold as the official attendance for SPFL games ?  That would mean you have maximum of 6,000ish season ticket holders. Maybe you are in more trouble financially than you think. 

Nah, there has been a reduction in season ticket holders as many have cited they are still abstaining from large crowds following Covid, however it was announced way back in June that we had sold over 7000+ Season ticket Holders.

When we applied for attendances allowances for the early European ties, our Season ticket holders were 7,760 as we were awarded 5665 allocation (73% of season ticket holder base.

Not sure what the figure is now (certainly below 10k), but the figure announced must be attendance based rather than tickets sold

maroonlegions
7 hours ago, Boab said:

What on earth is that ?

Some kind of smack sign. Probably sending  a hidden message  to some smack dealers..

"Need some  tenner bags liksae, oot side groond eafter the match""

FTH.

1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Your stadium's a shithole, your training facility's miles out of town. It doesn't even have an indoor pitch in the north east of Scotland lol.

You have 4 figure ST sales, 4 figure attendances. We'll be ok ta

IveSeenTheLight
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Your stadium's a shithole, your training facility's miles out of town. It doesn't even have an indoor pitch in the north east of Scotland lol.

You say this in some sort of attempt to get a reaction out of me.

I'm only replying to let you (and others) know its a wasted effort as I'm not bothered.

2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I'm only replying to let you (and others) know its a wasted effort as I'm not bothered.

Nope, I'm having a gloat, giruy!

tenor.gif

35 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

But you keep coming back like a lost sheep. Baaaa

I always say this but why is a Mutton banger on here on a match night or day ? Now tonight could be the mutton/Tim bond coming through but in any way it is beyond strange.

August Landmesser

We're not sheep.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Are none of the sheep fans even questioning these low attendances and that 10k limit? Sounds fishy to me - they've spent sod all on their hovel of a ground for decades, is it safe?

1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

:rofl:

should-you-rush-to-your-baby-when-she-cr

Edited by trotter

2 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Nah, there has been a reduction in season ticket holders as many have cited they are still abstaining from large crowds following Covid, however it was announced way back in June that we had sold over 7000+ Season ticket Holders.

When we applied for attendances allowances for the early European ties, our Season ticket holders were 7,760 as we were awarded 5665 allocation (73% of season ticket holder base.

Not sure what the figure is now (certainly below 10k), but the figure announced must be attendance based rather than tickets sold

Hope the taxman is watching. 

Aberdeen genuinely can't get 10,000 fans to a home game.

Can't believe genius businessman (his words) Dave Cormack would be looking to stick his bum in the air to the Scottish Government over vaccine passports. When he is involved in a working party to improve Scottish football and its income when you might benefit from the Scottish Government as a partner. 

Or maybe not. 

Cormack a visionary. Well , sort of.  He didn’t want more than 10,000 to mask the fact he knew there’s no chance them getting that.

They could really shut down half their ground to save costs. Fit everyone in that monstrosity behind the goals maybe ? 
or ground share with ICT may be a good idea or even Ross County ?   Not a bad idea for them I’d suggest 🤷🏻‍♂️